You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

18910111214»

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII:
    Well 12 months in the making, its official, I am the plo8 champ. What a great way to end 1 year of playing plo8 (it isn’t over yet there’s the ukops) It all started back in November 2014 with the 100 game DYM challenge  organised by Karen (macacgirl1) I had never played plo8 before then, so thought, why not give it a go.  Tikay was always banging on about it on 861, saying what a wonderful game plo8 is.  (he wasn’t lying) So, via the chat box I learned how to play plo8, thanks to all you ploppers. The results last year were a little different to this year’s result. Can you spot the champ on last year’s leader board below.   PLOPPERS 100 CLUB SCOREBOARD Completed 67Bhoys 70% BBMike 69%   Talon 69% Tikay1 65% Fchd 63% Eon1961 62% Gerardirl 61% PKM 61% Machka 59% Jimbod1 58% Churchy18 58% Vespapx 58% Penguin777 56% Hendrik62 56% Enut 55% Mrwh1te 54% Macacgirl1 51% Pomfrittes 49% Winshoes 44% Team AJ 41% (now the undisputed plo8 champ)     I couldn’t even beat TK last year lol I’m very proud to have won this year’s trophy, btw Karen, can you let me know where, and when the presentation will take place? Thank you Karen, for organising this challenge. It got me to focus on the game more, which I need to do more often. I’m looking forward to the ukops plo8, where I intend to win myself a nice bank roll, in order to continue playing plo8 and dominate all the ploppers throughout 2016 Oh ploppers be afraid the champ is back.  Long live the champ.   Regards Alan (The undisputed plo8 champ) 
    Posted by ajmilton
    Eh?

"banging on"?

I don't "bang on", I talk, lucidly & entertainingly, & throw in cultural references along the way.

banging on indeed.

I'm deeply insulted.
  • edited December 2015

Finally, I guess I have to thank Lady Bigfoot for organising this.

What a great bunch the PLO8ers are - this thread runs to over 400 posts, & there's not been one chunter, groan or moan, & everyone got the idea.
  • edited December 2015
    I'm up for the mini dym triathalon in January. Will you start a thread Karen?

Looks like there is some interest in a 1000 game PLO8 - 2016 challenge too. I suppose I had better start a thread. Can I shamelessly cut and paste your T's and C's?

Is 1000 realistic? I would have to up my volume a little - but then that is kind of the idea for me. Tikay will probably finish in January and then watch to see who joins the "I couldn't even beat Tikay" club.

Tikay technically I, Hendo and Dragon couldn't beat you in the last challenge either as we tied.

I'll do you a deal, if I qualify for UKPC event I will wear a "I couldn't even beat Tikay T-shirt" if you wear a "I couldn't even beat Phantom T-shirt". 

• edited December 2015
    I'm up for the mini dym triathalon in January. Will you start a thread Karen? Looks like there is some interest in a 1000 game PLO8 - 2016 challenge too. I suppose I had better start a thread. Can I shamelessly cut and paste your T's and C's? Is 1000 realistic? I would have to up my volume a little - but then that is kind of the idea for me. Tikay will probably finish in January and then watch to see who joins the "I couldn't even beat Tikay" club. Tikay technically I, Hendo and Dragon couldn't beat you in the last challenge either as we tied. I'll do you a deal, if I qualify for UKPC event I will wear a "I couldn't even beat Tikay T-shirt" if you wear a "I couldn't even beat Phantom T-shirt". 
    Posted by Phantom66
    Would happily take part in a 1,000 game PLO8 Challenge. What do you think the winning % might be? If anyone can beat 59% over 1,000 games, that be well good. Think my target would be a little lower - 57% maybe.

Not so sure about Lady Twaddle's Triathlon, NLO8 is so coarse, it's akin to flatulence in Church, it's so unseemly. If she begs me I might reconsider though.   

• edited December 2015
    I'lll start a quick thread about a tri game sprint. NLHE PLO & PLO8, I have a suspicion we'll have 30,000 NLHE guys signing up and not playing the PLO and PLO8 but let's see what happens.
    A 1000 game challenge for me might stop me giving up now and again, so I suppose that'll help.
    I so wish AJ would celebrate his win instead of being so reserved.
  • edited December 2015
    I know I will be trying to get my 30 done in SNG double points week (4th-10th Jan).

NLHE and PLO8 will be done easily.

Hopefully we will create our own liquidity on the PLO tables
  • edited December 2015
    I'lll start a quick thread about a tri game sprint. NLHE PLO & PLO8, I have a suspicion we'll have 30,000 NLHE guys signing up and not playing the PLO and PLO8 but let's see what happens. A 1000 game challenge for me might stop me giving up now and again, so I suppose that'll help. I so wish AJ would celebrate his win instead of being so reserved.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Yes, I'm surprised he has not mentioned it.

Unrelated, but I'm still amused by last night's chat box antics. (Not involving Champ).  

Apology? - you'll have to wait a long time then

• edited December 2015
    I'lll start a quick thread about a tri game sprint. NLHE PLO & PLO8, I have a suspicion we'll have 30,000 NLHE guys signing up and not playing the PLO and PLO8 but let's see what happens. A 1000 game challenge for me might stop me giving up now and again, so I suppose that'll help. I so wish AJ would celebrate his win instead of being so reserved.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Difficult for such a humble man.

• edited December 2015
    I know I will be trying to get my 30 done in SNG double points week (4th-10th Jan). NLHE and PLO8 will be done easily. Hopefully we will create our own liquidity on the PLO tables
    Posted by Phantom66
    I'm so conflicted by this. The stunning success of the PLO8 version has, in effect, killed the PLO liquidity, & I'm sorely tempted to try & rev up the PLO DYM's. Trouble is I so enjoy PLO8. Decisions, decisions, dither dither.

One think I can't do is play both at the same time, they require completely different mindsets.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : I'm so conflicted by this. The stunning success of the PLO8 version has, in effect, killed the PLO liquidity, & I'm sorely tempted to try & rev up the PLO DYM's. Trouble is I so enjoy PLO8. Decisions, decisions, dither dither. One think I can't do is play both at the same time, they require completely different mindsets.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Does that mean you don't sit out for 4-5 levels and then start potting unopened pots with a loosening range thru levels 6+?

:-)
  • edited December 2015

Ha, no, I'd still do that.

My opening range is somewhat elastic - the deeper in a DYM I go, the wider it gets. At 400-800, I sometimes even consider trash such as A-K-2-3.

I managed to get the lot in FIRST HAND in one last night with really good DS Aces, A-A-2-3. I generally limp early with these, unless someone pots it, then with that leverage I'm happy to dance.  My man obliged - we went pot-pot-pot until it was all-in.

He turned over J-10-8-5.

After the J-10-6 flop, & 4 turn, I was somewhat grateful to end up chopping it. 

Some cracking ranges on display last night.

3 limpers into my button at 150-300 & I had A-A-A-A. I could not resist potting it, tough to call that sort of bet without an Ace. I got 3 callers. 

Unbelievable, Jeff 

• edited December 2015
    I've started a thread for a three game thingy.
    I'm sure we'll get the PLO games running, even if between us we decide to have a PLO nite or two.
    Not that it bothers me when they are played, I fully intend going into lunatic mode and playing NLH, PLO and PLO8 at the same time.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : Difficult for such a humble man.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Quite right Craig, It's not for me to tell everyone that i am, 
    The official (and rightly so) plo8 champ.
    I'll leave that to the ploppers to spread the word,
    to everyone in NLH land and invite them 
    to take on the champ. (i pity the fools)

Oh on a serious note:-
    Please steer clear of my tables Craig,
    I would hate to embarrass you. (your not ready for my level of play yet :-)) 

Regards Alan (undisputed plo8 champ)

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : Quite right Craig, It's not for me to tell everyone that i am,  The official (and rightly so) plo8 champ. I'll leave that to the ploppers to spread the word, to everyone in NLH land and invite them  to take on the champ. (i pity the fools) Oh on a serious note:- Please steer clear of my tables Craig, I would hate to embarrass you. (your not ready for my level of play yet :-))  Regards Alan (undisputed plo8 champ)
    Posted by ajmilton

Please consider joining in with the January DYM (NLHE, PLO and PLO8) challenge.
    It wouldn't be worthwhile running it without the PLO8 champ playing as well.
    Besides that, if, I mean, when you win it, you'll then be the undisputed champion of Sky Poker.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : Please consider joining in with the January DYM (NLHE, PLO and PLO8) challenge. It wouldn't be worthwhile running it without the PLO8 champ playing as well. Besides that, if, I mean, when you win it, you'll then be the undisputed champion of Sky Poker.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

NO...NO...NO...NO!

Is it not bad enough just now?

Can you imagine?

Jeez!
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : Please consider joining in with the January DYM (NLHE, PLO and PLO8) challenge. It wouldn't be worthwhile running it without the PLO8 champ playing as well. Besides that, if, I mean, when you win it, you'll then be the undisputed champion of Sky Poker.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
                                       Oh.. Yes....Yes...Yes...

I do like the sound of that, quite, fitting don't you think? 
    it would give the challenge more credibility 
    with the champ playing in it. (you know, with me being a celeb )
    and of course all the other entrants, will be excited, 
    to have the champ playing.
    count me in.

Regards Alan (plo8 champ) 

• edited December 2015
    I was pondering joining up , doing a crash coarse in PLO .etc

Pretty pointless now that AJ is in it. Itll be another walkover.
  • edited December 2015
    Big thanks to Tikay, and Sky, I see i've been entered into the 
    ukops plo8.

Regards Alan (future plo8 ukops champ) 
  • edited December 2015

Yup, The CHAMP is now entered into the UKOPS PLO8 as his prize for winning this Fun Comp.

Looks a really soft field to me, can't see any names there to bother The Champ.

churchy183000
    ajmilton3000
    Mattsmum3000
    Macacgirl13000