You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII:
    Well I wont be troubling the top of the leaderboard so 67bhoys can stop busting me now (please) Will keep going until completed. Currently 10/18 after a very indifferent couple of sessions yesterday.
    Posted by Phantom66

I will be as good as gold from now on.

• edited December 2015
    I know we don't take poker TOO seriously here, but 67Bhoys has posted a brilliant "fun" Hand History, & told a little story, too,  HERE Have a read, it's top work. See if you can recognize the 2 villains, too.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Brilliant that.
    I can never read them hand things properly tho, was 223j first to act oop or sb nicking bb?
    If oop, it could be one of about 15,20? But one does spring to mind obv.
    'chips never leave his side' gave it away before i saw the hand, obv mr. k.

If it's sb vs bb, I reckon it's me vs you!
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII :  Brilliant that. I can never read them hand things properly tho, was 223j first to act oop or sb nicking bb? If oop, it could be one of about 15,20? But one does spring to mind obv. 'chips never leave his side' gave it away before i saw the hand, obv mr. k.   If it's sb vs bb, I reckon it's me vs you!
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Nope, not in the Blinds - J-3-2-2 was UTG & first to act from what I can see, so not exactly the prime seat to steal from, with 5 behind. 

PS - It was all good-natured, obv, & I hope nobody thinks otherwise. Deffo the sort of thing that makes the game such a wonderfully complex puzzle to solve.  

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Morning Tuney. I disagree with that - it was a correct fold imo. It was 4 handed, you & Lady Twaddle had nearly 9,000 chips between you, with Her Ladyship having a slight lead over you. With Whizzy & I both on life support, she is NEVER betting there with worse than your hand. She'd take on Whizzy or me with less, but she's way too cute to make a move against the other big stack unless she is very strong indeed. It just makes no sense. Her ranges are spot on, & she has superb spatial awareness.   As it happens, yeah, you lost, but I firmly believe you made the correct fold. You were "flipping" at the very best, & had no need to get involved.   You can bet with a far worse hand v Whizzy or me & not risk your DYM life at the time. Not sure if you noticed, but one chap had 4,000 chips early doors in that game, & managed to finish 5th just because he had no understanding of DYM dynamics. Instead of playing nice & snug, he wanted to play every hand.   Was a fun game, really enjoyed that extended play 4 handed, "looking for spots" all the while.  Piece of useless trivia - Macac & Whizzy have played, between them, 108,000 DYM's on Sky Poker.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for that and also to Maca's post confirming that she did indeed have a monster. The problem with making a good, disciplined, fold is that it seems to guarantee I will then get absolute tripe for the next dozen or so hands!

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : I will be as good as gold from now on.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Hahaha you good arfur?? nearly spilt my coffee all over my laptop. ;) Let me know when the bun fight at the PL08 coral is please. :D
  • edited December 2015
    4/6 now need to improve on this if im gonna win. I'm gonna tactically play the rest of the games at the lowest possible level to increase my chances!
  • edited December 2015
    4/6 now need to improve on this if im gonna win. I'm gonna tactically play the rest of the games at the lowest possible level to increase my chances!
    Posted by FeelGroggy

GL.
    Be aware, some of those lowest staked gamed are very tricky, it's almost impossible to put anyone on a particular hand.
    any old 4 will do!

• edited December 2015
    Played 10 so far, won 7 lost 3
  • edited December 2015
                                      Score's on the doors for Team AJ

Games played     £2    played  1    won 1   lost  0
                            £3    played  19  won 14  lost  5
                            £5    played  5    won 3   lost  2

Losing  streak   2
    Winning streak  7
                                             Total 18/25

Regards Alan (plo8 champ)

read it and weep Craig and pom 

• edited December 2015

Nice one Champ, you could have made your streak 6, that would have given karen a headache.

Well done mate fantastic effort.

if you end up Champ, will your head fit through the door?

• edited December 2015
    Tough going tonight.

Twice reached L8 with 6 players left in.

13/23
  • edited December 2015
                                      Score's on the doors for Team AJ Games played     £2    played  1    won 1   lost  0                         £3    played  19  won 14  lost  5                         £5    played  5    won 3   lost  2 Losing  streak   2 Winning streak  7                                          Total 18/25 Regards Alan (plo8 champ) read it and weep Craig and pom   
    Posted by ajmilton

oooh is that the gauntlet thrown down AJ? This bun fight just got intresting 
  • edited December 2015
    Went on a win steak and won 2/2 today!

P9 W5 starting to look a little better but not much room for error.
  • edited December 2015
                                      Score's on the doors for Team AJ Games played     £2    played  1    won 1   lost  0                         £3    played  19  won 14  lost  5                         £5    played  5    won 3   lost  2 Losing  streak   2 Winning streak  7                                          Total 18/25 Regards Alan (plo8 champ) read it and weep Craig and pom   
    Posted by ajmilton

Very well played Champ.  Hope you TID bud.
  • edited December 2015
    The champ has taken the lead.
    Can anyone reach 19/25?

Well played champ, couldn't happen to a more deserving and jovial chap.

• edited December 2015
    And, before I forget, Happy Birthday to Pommy!
    xxx
  • edited December 2015
    Nice one Champ, you could have made your streak 6, that would have given karen a headache. Well done mate fantastic effort. if you end up Champ, will your head fit through the door?
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Like it fits through the door at the minute.

Good luck champ, would be brilliant :)

Working late Shifts at the minute, so finding it hard to get any games in, but I will get there eventually.

Happy birthday pommy :)

Kags
  • edited December 2015
    Happy birthday pommy xx 
  • edited December 2015

Pommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

• edited December 2015

TY all.  What about this for a cake.
  • edited December 2015
      TY all.  What about this for a cake.
    Posted by pomfrittes

Happy Birthday Bill.

What a fantastic cake, are you really only 60?

• edited December 2015
    That cake looks awesome pommy.
    Save us a slice.
    OK.
    Half?
  • edited December 2015
    Well that's me done. Played 5 this evening and won 4, sadly only needed 3 to make up my 25 which included the loss and therefore finished with 15 out of 25 wins. A respectable 60% but nothing to worry the leaderboard.

Don't subscribe to SS and my notes aren't that detailed so haven't a clue if there was any respectable winning streak, I suspect not.

Good luck to all those yet to finish.
  • edited December 2015
    Message for Hen/Jimi

10/21

Max streak is 5 in a row 

very good turn around
  • edited December 2015
    Message for Hen/Jimi 10/21 Max streak is 5 in a row  very good turn around
    Posted by stuarty117

Cheers stu appreciate it, had totally lost count after that horrendous start lol

• edited December 2015
    Well done Hendo, its not about having a bad run, its about how you react to it.

AA to Hendo.

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    Currently

9/16

56.25%

But the funny thing is i lost 2 60p ones so 0 out of 2 on them
  • edited December 2015
    Well done Hendo, its not about having a bad run, its about how you react to it. AA to Hendo. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Thanks a lot Ger, I did throw the toys out the pram last week, but I think having a weekend away with the wife and kids really helped.

I have enjoyed the ups and downs this week, whereas last week i was miserable.

Anyway played another 3 and won 2 lost 1

so my total is

played 24

won 12

lost 12

After winning 1 from first 10 (or was it 11 even) start I am pretty pleased with that :-)
  • edited December 2015

Yeah well done Hendo mate, very good comeback indeed.
  • edited December 2015
    See Hendo, variance.
    How's the man flu? You must be so terribly ill if you could drink wine at the same time.