You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

Comments

• edited December 2015
    "Couldn't even beat Tikay"

I can't stop giggling now.
  • edited December 2015
    Gave up about 9-4 down on games. Either the standard got better or I got a lot worse  ;)     GL folks
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII:
    Gave up about 9-4 down on games. Either the standard got better or I got a lot worse  ;)     GL folks
    Posted by jimb0d1

Ah nevermind, thanks for havng a go though.
  • edited December 2015

2 games to go, current state of play, 17/23, 73.9%

lost out at level 2 and had not a bad run up to level 6.

Stake Win Profit P/L if Kod Total P/L 1 £0.60 £1.00 £0.40 -£0.60 -£1.20 2 £0.60 £1.00 £0.80 -£0.20 -£0.20 3 £0.60 £1.00 £1.20 £0.20 £0.20 4 £1.15 £2.00 £2.05 £0.05   5 £1.15 £2.00 £2.90 £0.90   6 £1.15 £2.00 £3.75 £1.75 £1.75 7 £2.25 £4.00 £5.50 £1.50             £6.25
  • edited December 2015
    Paging weecheez.

Few tips/notes.
    Have you thought of maybe just watching a game or two? If you look in whilst a £3 -£10 game is running, you'll get an understanding of starting hand selection and how that range widens as the blinds increase, unless you happen to pick a table with a couple of loons on it, in which case you'll be scratching your head.
    As a novice to the game, starting hand selection is key imo. A good hand played badly can still reap rewards, a bad hand played badly usually gets what it deserves. There'll be lots online with a starting hand rank listing.
    Nobody here wants you or anyone else to start playing this so we can take your money.  We want the player base to increase and we want everyone who plays it to enjoy it and to be at minimum, competent as to what they're doing. So, fire away with questions. Technically, regarding rules etc, you'll get an answer asap. Regarding strategy, you'll get ten opinions to one question, so best to cherry pick what makes sense and which suits your style.
    PLO8 is still poker, people still bluff of course, but I wouldn't recommend it until you really know what you're doing.

GL

• edited December 2015
    "Couldn't even beat Tikay" I can't stop giggling now.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Yes, giggling like a girlie no doubt. But if it stops you talking for at least a minute or two, some good has come of it.

You were trying last night, with a description of every morsel  - & mussel - you ate, ditto your poor Husband, followed by hours of discussion as to electric blankets & Star Wars shaped duvet covers.

It's completely out of order, & I instruct you to cease & desist this chatbox chatter, twaddle & harassment.  

• edited December 2015
    A big pub meal and a big chinese in one week has left me sluggish, so i'm on soup and fruit for a few days. So, no food chat from me a while.
    I will be converting a new sleeping bag into a spongebob type suit today with arm and feet holes. I'll tell you all about it later.
  • edited December 2015
    Health issues may mean that I cannot manage this. Will see how I go.
  • edited December 2015
    2 games to go, current state of play, 17/23, 73.9% lost out at level 2 and had not a bad run up to level 6.   Stake Win Profit P/L if Kod Total P/L 1 £0.60 £1.00 £0.40 -£0.60 -£1.20 2 £0.60 £1.00 £0.80 -£0.20 -£0.20 3 £0.60 £1.00 £1.20 £0.20 £0.20 4 £1.15 £2.00 £2.05 £0.05   5 £1.15 £2.00 £2.90 £0.90   6 £1.15 £2.00 £3.75 £1.75 £1.75 7 £2.25 £4.00 £5.50 £1.50             £6.25
    Posted by 67Bhoys

18 now :)
    Some very opportunistic hands played by people that game!
  • edited December 2015
    Health issues may mean that I cannot manage this. Will see how I go.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Get Well Soon.
    That's important, this isn't.
    xx
  • edited December 2015
    Paging weecheez. Few tips/notes. Have you thought of maybe just watching a game or two? If you look in whilst a £3 -£10 game is running, you'll get an understanding of starting hand selection and how that range widens as the blinds increase, unless you happen to pick a table with a couple of loons on it, in which case you'll be scratching your head. As a novice to the game, starting hand selection is key imo. A good hand played badly can still reap rewards, a bad hand played badly usually gets what it deserves. There'll be lots online with a starting hand rank listing. Nobody here wants you or anyone else to start playing this so we can take your money.  We want the player base to increase and we want everyone who plays it to enjoy it and to be at minimum, competent as to what they're doing. So, fire away with questions. Technically, regarding rules etc, you'll get an answer asap. Regarding strategy, you'll get ten opinions to one question, so best to cherry pick what makes sense and which suits your style. PLO8 is still poker, people still bluff of course, but I wouldn't recommend it until you really know what you're doing. GL
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Thanks I am swotting up as we speak I should have done this in the first place 
  • edited December 2015
    Hi karen not played many had a couple on tuesday but they have disappeared from my history so start from yesterday played 16 and finished 9-7 will try finish this set tonight/tomorrow and start a fresh set.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : 18 now :)Some very opportunistic hands played by people that game!
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Welcome to the 60p tables.

I thank you for taking out all and sundry whilst making soup and reworking a sleeping bag into god knows what, whilst I folded like a cheap tent every hand, to take a glorious win.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Get Well Soon. That's important, this isn't. xx
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    To Ice Tiger - absolutely this.
  • edited December 2015
    Hi karen not played many had a couple on tuesday but they have disappeared from my history so start from yesterday played 16 and finished 9-7 will try finish this set tonight/tomorrow and start a fresh set.
    Posted by churchy18
    Brill. Just let us know when you've finished all 25.

Starting next week, I'm gonna do 25 games at each buy-in level. So, x25 60p one day, x25 £1 next day etc.
    That's brilliantly stupid I think.
  • edited December 2015

the competition is over for me, final result 18/25, a respectable 72%

A profit of £6.05 from a total stake of £25.95, giving an ROI of 23.31%

I don't think it will be enough to win, but I had a blast.  Good luck to all those left in.

Stake Win Profit P/L if Kod Total P/L 1 £0.60 £1.00 £0.40 -£0.60 -£1.20 2 £0.60 £1.00 £0.80 -£0.20 -£0.40 3 £0.60 £1.00 £1.20 £0.20 £0.20 4 £1.15 £2.00 £2.05 £0.05   5 £1.15 £2.00 £2.90 £0.90   6 £1.15 £2.00 £3.75 £1.75 £1.75 7 £2.25 £4.00 £5.50 £1.50   8 £2.25 £4.00 £7.25 £3.25   9 £2.25 £4.00 £9.00 £5.00   10 £3.30 £6.00 £11.70 £5.70 £5.70 11 £3.30 £6.00 £14.40 £8.40             £6.05
  • edited December 2015

Very well done Craig, that'll be very unlucky not to win. Awesome effort, either way.
  • edited December 2015
    Well Played 67, if you don't win you'll be there or thereabouts I'd say.
  • edited December 2015
    Well Played 67, if you don't win you'll be there or thereabouts I'd say.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Thanks, but if I don't manage to win, you can send me a carton of potato and leek soup as a consolation prize.

• edited December 2015
    Just noticed in the Heads-Up lobby.
    £5 No Limit O8

I genuinely think Sky are missing out by not doing this with the DYMs too. Obviously keep the real PLO8, but I'd wager NLO8 DYMs would be popular too.  I'd play them on occasion, as I have a feeling they'd be hilarious and proper shove-fests. Given the right seated players, it'd be hard to imagine a game getting past level 2.
  • edited December 2015
    Just noticed in the Heads-Up lobby. £5 No Limit O8 I genuinely think Sky are missing out by not doing this with the DYMs too. Obviously keep the real PLO8, but I'd wager NLO8 DYMs would be popular too.  I'd play them on occasion, as I have a feeling they'd be hilarious and proper shove-fests. Given the right seated players, it'd be hard to imagine a game getting past level 2.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

It would be hard to imagine Tikay ever getting to play a hand.

• edited December 2015
    ...or probably even needing to play a hand

I must admit I love No-Limit Omaha, both regular Hi and Hi/Lo combinations, even though you would have thought it wouldn't suit my style.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : It would be hard to imagine Tikay ever losing a hand.
    Posted by 67Bhoys

edited
  • edited December 2015
    Not good today
    1/5
    Managed to win the only £11 and lose the 4 £3 so financially could be worse.

Playing NLH freerolls and PLO8 DYMs together is confusing.

Total  W8  L5

"What a difference a day makes......."
  • edited December 2015
    only 1/1 bit of an epic but scraped through.

5/8
  • edited December 2015
    Please keep the updates coming in. I find it interesting as to how people are getting on. Before this started, my own prediction was that the results would range from 6ish to 21ish.  I know I've run that bad and equally that good ,over the course of 25 games in the past and suspect most here have too. What with it being a sprint rather than a marathon, absolutely nowt would surprise me. I am keen to see how accurate my results prediction would be though. ps. What's happened to Talon, does he still play?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Shared a table with him last night in a £3.30. 

We saw Kagawa, too. No sign of Hotwheals though.

• edited December 2015
    Nice to hear Talon was around.
    Yep, saw Kaggy too, same table as your good self I think.
    JJJ7 Brilliant.
    Two lippy kids were getting all lippy kiddy in the chat-box yesterday, they're in for it today.
    And, just because I turned a green polyester sleeping bag, (the mummy hooded type) into a jump suit with legs, does not mean I am common. It means I am warm. I have to admit, I did think mr mac was funny though,  when he said I looked like a marrow.
    Whilst on the subject of marrows, he's going to watch kickball today. Can someone (who isn't mentally challenged) please explain to me the logic behind sitting in the freezing cold and rain for two hours, to watch (apparently and in name only) adullts kick a ball?  If it was the world kickball final between blackpool and germany i'd understand, but every couple of weeks going to watch the same thing? I genuinely don't understand.
  • edited December 2015
    Nice to hear Talon was around. Yep, saw Kaggy too, same table as your good self I think. JJJ7 Brilliant. Two lippy kids were getting all lippy kiddy in the chat-box yesterday, they're in for it today. And, just because I turned a green polyester sleeping bag, (the mummy hooded type) into a jump suit with legs, does not means I am common. It means I am warm. I have to admit, I did think mr mac was funny though,  when he said I looked like a marrow.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    FYP.

It was polyester. You can't get more common than polyester. I only wear pure silk. Shirts, ties, socks, knickers, everything.

Would love to see you deal with the Lippy Kiddy's. Fingers crossed I'm on the same table.

mmmchips is very good with those types, too.  

• edited December 2015
    You wear Knickers.
    Anything else you'd like to share, you'll feel better if you get it off your chest.

• edited December 2015
    Note to self - when planning to run good in a comp that you really love - play the game as you normally play it and with the people you think you have some sort of handle on......
    So what do I do - I check out last years winner and decide to follow suit and raid the 60p and £1.15 tables - only to be met by SIX people playing erratically and unpredictably!!!!! result lose 4 out of the first 5.
    Finally come to my senses and return to the haven of £3.30 tables in order to be the only erratic and unpredictable player on the table - thankfully now back to 6 wins out of 12!!
    Possibly a bit too late to storm up the table on this occasion but next time this wonderful comp is run I will be myself - whoever that is!!!