You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII:
    Note to self - when planning to run good in a comp that you really love - play the game as you normally play it and with the people you think you have some sort of handle on...... So what do I do - I check out last years winner and decide to follow suit and raid the 60p and £1.15 tables - only to be met by SIX people playing erratically and unpredictably!!!!! result lose 4 out of the first 5. Finally come to my senses and return to the haven of £3.30 tables in order to be the only erratic and unpredictable player on the table - thankfully now back to 6 wins out of 12!! Possibly a bit too late to storm up the table on this occasion but next time this wonderful comp is run I will be myself - whoever that is!!!
    Posted by imber

Hi mate, I find that it is a totally different game at the lower levels, and it definitely takes a different skillset to play at those levels.

You would think that with looser players, these microstakes tables should be easy, but this is far from the case.  Indeed, most of my losses in this competition were at the 60p level.  It does open your eyes up however to the fact that any 4 cards can, and often do, win. There are some very good players at the lower levels, and some good banter too, but there are some very loose players indeed.

I find that the £3.30 and above games, which are populated by the better players, have a different feel to them.  Players less frequently make mistakes, know when to bet and employ better bet sizing, plus they know how to play their  spots.

I don't know if my game is good enough to constantly play at the higher levels, maybe one day I'll commit to trying 100 games at £.30 and see how I fare.

Good luck with the rest of your games.

• edited December 2015
    "I don't know if my game is good enough to constantly play at the higher levels"

Give over, of course it is.
  • edited December 2015

Being a bankroll nit, I've never tried to play at one of the higher levels for a sustained number of games.  I reckon I make more mistakes than a lot of the regulars, but I am willing to give 100 games a go this month and see how it goes. 
  • edited December 2015
    I have always found it easier to win at £3.30 nl than 30p nl.  same as cash

anyone with ss able to look at my dym nl stats and see where I lose most please?
  • edited December 2015
    Another day, another loss.

Only 1/5 again

Total  W9  L9

I am officially average.

It doesn't help when you lose every hand you play against Tikay.

I need to improve urgently.
  • edited December 2015
    Thats me done, won 15 lost 10, so so.

Good luck to all still playing and thanks Mac for organising this again.

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    Think i am 

3/6
  • edited December 2015
    Been away from the tables most of the week (something called work), so first session in the comp.

Played 15 won 10 I think. Some very interesting games, lots of food talk and not a single mention of concrete.

A good evening.
  • edited December 2015
    Above figures might be wrong, BR was only up a little and although i lost a small MTT and a 6 max I may be slightly out with the win/losses. I'm sure someone will correct if its serious!
  • edited December 2015
    Hey i'm not in the list even though I signed up on 2nd page! sORT IT OUT ;)
  • edited December 2015
    Hey i'm not in the list even though I signed up on 2nd page! sORT IT OUT ;)
    Posted by chiggypig
    Sorry, nothing more than a blonde moment!
    GL
  • edited December 2015

Finished with 5/6 for a final total of 18/25.  to tie with Blakey aka 67boys.  These have all been at £3 and £5 except 1

@ 60p.  Not a clue how many of each as I don't keep any records so if 1 of the SS wizards could check for me I would

be most grateful.  I think my best win streak is .

Enjoyed it immensely, might do it again just for the lolz and also to give me a bit of discipline in keeping track of results.

• edited December 2015
       Finished with 5/6 for a final total of 18/25.  to tie with Blakey aka 67boys.  These have all been at £3 and £5 except 1    @ 60p.  Not a clue how many of each as I don't keep any records so if 1 of the SS wizards could check for me I would    be most grateful.  I think my best win streak is .    Enjoyed it immensely, might do it again just for the lolz and also to give me a bit of discipline in keeping track of results.  
    Posted by pomfrittes

Nice one Bill, couldn't be tied with a better man.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Sorry, nothing more than a blonde moment! GL
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    haha thanks :) 
  • edited December 2015
       Finished with 5/6 for a final total of 18/25.  to tie with Blakey aka 67boys.  These have all been at £3 and £5 except 1    @ 60p.  Not a clue how many of each as I don't keep any records so if 1 of the SS wizards could check for me I would    be most grateful.  I think my best win streak is .    Enjoyed it immensely, might do it again just for the lolz and also to give me a bit of discipline in keeping track of results.  
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Crikey - 72% - that's excellent Pommy, & thoroughly deserved. You were a proper pain to play last night.

I'll have a look at your SS & try to answer your questions.

BRB

• edited December 2015
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Here you go Pommy.

£5, P 16, W11

£3 P 8, W6

50p P1 W1

Played 25, W 18.

Longest winning streak was 6.

Stunning results, as were 67Bhoys.

Congrats to you both.

• edited December 2015
    Been away from the tables most of the week (something called work), so first session in the comp. Played 15 won 10 I think. Some very interesting games, lots of food talk and not a single mention of concrete. A good evening.
    Posted by Enut
    Confirmed, & I ignored the solo 6 Max you played.

I make it....

£3, P6, W4

£5, P6, W5

£11, P3, W1

Total, P15, W10

Think you need to win 9 of your last 10 to beat Pommy & 67Bhoys, or 8 to tie with them.
  • edited December 2015
    Think i am  3/6
    Posted by stuarty117
    You have played a bunch since then, your current position is......

50p, P 2 W 0

£1, P 2, W 1

£3, P 7, W4

Played 11, W5
  • edited December 2015
    Another day, another loss. Only 1/5 again Total  W9  L9 I am officially average. It doesn't help when you lose every hand you play against Tikay. I need to improve urgently.
    Posted by dragon1964
    My ears are burning..........

Apologies, I did put a beat or two on you yesterday. It's how I roll. 
  • edited December 2015
    I have always found it easier to win at £3.30 nl than 30p nl.  same as cash anyone with ss able to look at my dym nl stats and see where I lose most please?
    Posted by MrWh1te
    You seem to do best at the £2 games MrWh1te.
  • edited December 2015
    Could you double check my sharks cope wins in a row Tikay, I think I may have 7, but can't be sure. 
  • edited December 2015
    Could you double check my sharks cope wins in a row Tikay, I think I may have 7, but can't be sure. 
  • edited December 2015
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    I make it 6, Craig.

Note though that SS list them in order of the time they FINISH, whereas you may list them in order of the time they commence. If you play more than one at a time that can produce conflicting answers.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : I make it 6, Craig. Note though that SS list them in order of the time they FINISH, whereas you may list them in order of the time they commence. If you play more than one at a time that can produce conflicting answers.
    Posted by Tikay10

Yeah, I knew it was about 6 or 7, but I'm happy with 6, leaves me tied with my good friend Bill. Not a ciggie paper between us.
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks TK for being Mr Sharkscope.
    I've just had a lovely five mile walk this morning, took a train to Dalton, then walked home. Perfect.

Whilst Peabrain watches the kickball with Bert and Ernie this afternoon, I'm gonna watch the Steptoe and Son films, tinker in the kitchen, prepare them a dinner and play some poker. So, if anyone sees me at a table and wants their name in lights due to a winstreak, or if anyone finishes and wants to let me know, fire away.
    GL.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Nice one Bill, couldn't be tied with a better man.
    Posted by 67Bhoys

Ditto m8.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Here you go Pommy. £5, P 16, W11 £3 P 8, W6 50p P1 W1 Played 25, W 18. Longest winning streak was 6. Stunning results, as were 67Bhoys.   Congrats to you both.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks very much for this Teeks.  If no one beats 18 will there be 2 entries awarded?
  • edited December 2015
    just the one tonight......won

book the win-as someone used to say

W10  L9

WP to phantom for trying to help someone who regged by mistake.
    He knows more than me so I kept quiet.

I think they both do now.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII :     Thanks very much for this Teeks.  If no one beats 18 will there be 2 entries awarded?
    Posted by pomfrittes

It's obviously not over yet pommy, so anything could happen, but TK said he'd arrange a prize and I asked for only one, so as to keep any moans from outsiders at bay and to ensure the fun element remained for us.
    I should maybe have thought of two tiebreakers, but I wanted to keep this simple.
    I'm sure if you both still lead the table at the end, you can both come up with something to decide the ultimate winner?
    Maybe a minimum buy-in HU game or something similar?
  • edited December 2015
    just the one tonight......won book the win-as someone used to say W10  L9 WP to phantom for trying to help someone who regged by mistake. He knows more than me so I kept quiet. I think they both do now.
    Posted by dragon1964

This proper made me laugh!