You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Well that's put an end to my chances then.

Played another 7 and lost 4 of them. Overall played 22 won 13, so far.

No complaints, got 'Tikay'ed' in a couple of the early ones and absolutely butchered the last one - 4 left (Tikay, Macacgirl, Whizzy and me) and I folded A2KQ double suited to Maca's shove (she was biggest stack and I was second), stupid fold I think with the blinds that big (300/600) as a couple of hands later I pushed with rubbish and got called with better rubbish to go out. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!

On the plus side I min cashed a MTT I was playing at the same time so actually made a little profit on the evening.
  • edited December 2015
    Think I am now 6/10 so on target for respectability but not the win.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII:
    just the one tonight......won book the win-as someone used to say W10  L9 WP to phantom for trying to help someone who regged by mistake. He knows more than me so I kept quiet. I think they both do now.
    Posted by dragon1964
    I do try and help the newbies I was one once and misread a few lo's before I properly knew the rules.

That guy had completely mis-regged and I only had time to explain the rules.

At least when he bust he couldn't complain that he didn't know that the hand that beat him was both a straight and the nut lo.

I wasn't far behind though with a river counterfeit for my nut lo. 
  • edited December 2015
    Well that's put an end to my chances then. Played another 7 and lost 4 of them. Overall played 22 won 13, so far. No complaints, got 'Tikay'ed' in a couple of the early ones and absolutely butchered the last one - 4 left (Tikay, Macacgirl, Whizzy and me) and I folded A2KQ double suited to Maca's shove (she was biggest stack and I was second), stupid fold I think with the blinds that big (300/600) as a couple of hands later I pushed with rubbish and got called with better rubbish to go out. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing! On the plus side I min cashed a MTT I was playing at the same time so actually made a little profit on the evening.
    Posted by Enut
    Morning Tuney.

I disagree with that - it was a correct fold imo.

It was 4 handed, you & Lady Twaddle had nearly 9,000 chips between you, with Her Ladyship having a slight lead over you.

With Whizzy & I both on life support, she is NEVER betting there with worse than your hand. She'd take on Whizzy or me with less, but she's way too cute to make a move against the other big stack unless she is very strong indeed. It just makes no sense. Her ranges are spot on, & she has superb spatial awareness.  

As it happens, yeah, you lost, but I firmly believe you made the correct fold. You were "flipping" at the very best, & had no need to get involved.

You can bet with a far worse hand v Whizzy or me & not risk your DYM life at the time.

Not sure if you noticed, but one chap had 4,000 chips early doors in that game, & managed to finish 5th just because he had no understanding of DYM dynamics. Instead of playing nice & snug, he wanted to play every hand.

Was a fun game, really enjoyed that extended play 4 handed, "looking for spots" all the while. 

Piece of useless trivia - Macac & Whizzy have played, between them, 108,000 DYM's on Sky Poker.  

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : It's obviously not over yet pommy, so anything could happen, but TK said he'd arrange a prize and I asked for only one, so as to keep any moans from outsiders at bay and to ensure the fun element remained for us. I should maybe have thought of two tiebreakers, but I wanted to keep this simple. I'm sure if you both still lead the table at the end, you can both come up with something to decide the ultimate winner? Maybe a minimum buy-in HU game or something similar?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Sky would have no objections to two prizes Karen - the decision is entirely yours. The main thing is to keep it fun. 

Moans from outsiders? Not bothered. If other players, in other formats, want to organise & run these sort of challenges, Sky will always consider donating prizes to them. They give away tons of freebies every week for various challenges & community comps, & that will continue.   
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Sky would have no objections to two prizes Karen - the decision is entirely yours. The main thing is to keep it fun.  Moans from outsiders? Not bothered. If other players, in other formats, want to organise & run these sort of challenges, Sky will always consider donating prizes to them. They give away tons of freebies every week for various challenges & community comps, & that will continue.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Ha!  So I'll have to cancel the bun fight at dawn then?

Seriously though, thanks for the offer of an extra prize if it comes to it Tikay, but I fear alas that 18 might not be good enough in the end, though i live in hope.

Karen is right, it has been a fun compitition, and no one will begrudge any eventual winner their prize, because we all know that the winner will be a proper plopper who thouroughly deserves it, and they will have all of our support in the UKOPS event.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Ha!  So I'll have to cancel the bun fight at dawn then? Seriously though, thanks for the extra prize if it comes to it Tikay, but I fear alas that 18 might not be good enough in the end, though i live in hope. Karen is right, it has been a fun compitition, and no one will begrudge any eventual winner their prize, because we all know that the winner will be a proper plopper who thouroughly deserves it, and they will have all of our support in the UKOPS event.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Whoa there, hold up. ;)

It's Karen's decision whether to award an extra prize. All I have said is Sky Poker will donate it, if requested.

I'm a bit scared of her, to tell the truth. 
    Hell hath no fury & all that. 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Whoa there, hold up. ;) It's Karen's decision whether to award an extra prize. All I have said is Sky Poker will donate it, if requested. I'm a bit scared of her, to tell the truth.  Hell hath no fury & all that.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Bun fight back on!

* edit to previous post to reflect what I actually meant.
  • edited December 2015
    I nominate a twiglet eating contest - Fastest to eat a 150g bag wins. Simples.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Bun fight back on! * edit to previous post to reflect what I actually meant.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Gotcha, all agreed.
  • edited December 2015
    I'm chugging along slowly, won 5 out of 7 so far.

Wasn't able to play at all yesterday with football and travelling, and annoying left myself on 49 points for the week

• edited December 2015
    I'm chugging along slowly, won 5 out of 7 so far. Wasn't able to play at all yesterday with football and travelling, and annoying left myself on 49 points for the week
    Posted by FCHD
    Never mind that, we need a review of Toddington Service Station on the M1.

Love Motorway Service Stations.

• edited December 2015
    Tuney, I did have good aces, aa24 ds I think it was.  I was even considering folding them tbh.
    If TK is happy for 2 prizes for joint winners, then I'm happy too, but let's not jump the gun yet gents. Long ways to go and I for one won't be surprised if someone hits a golden streak and reaches 19/20. Lots of canny players left.

If three people end up on 18 wins, then I suggest a live webcam version of ready steady cook, involving an egg, a tin of beans and a pot noodle.
  • edited December 2015
    108,000 dyms?
    I thought that would have been a double points weekend alone.

A few days/a week ago, someone said at a table that there's someone on 'stars who plays 1000 a week.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : Never mind that, we need a review of Toddington Service Station on the M1. Love Motorway Service Stations.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Absolutely horrible place.

Badly signposted
    Badly organised to the point where it felt dangerous when walking from the Travelodge to the main amenities building.
    Smelly
    Dirty

Most services have some sort of positives that can be said about them, but not this one.

The Travelodge was fine, you get what you pay for and I had a decent night's sleep but I won't be rushing back to Toddington in a hurry.
  • edited December 2015
    I'd rather have a bacon bun and a cuppa from a roadside stall.
  • edited December 2015
    Hi karen not played many had a couple on tuesday but they have disappeared from my history so start from yesterday played 16 and finished 9-7 will try finish this set tonight/tomorrow and start a fresh set.
    Posted by churchy18

played another 9 yesterday won 7 lost 2 so my total is 16 out 25 not too bad for me.

can you do another lot or just the 1 if only 1 good luck all with games left too play.
  • edited December 2015
    Anyone about to fill some tables - as well as the challenge I want to get my 3 SNGs in for the prize draw.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : played another 9 yesterday won 7 lost 2 so my total is 16 out 25 not too bad for me. can you do another lot or just the 1 if only 1 good luck all with games left too play.
    Posted by churchy18

Very respectable score, well done.
    If you want to crack on and have another go, feel free, but any further attempts won't win a prize I'm afraid. But, I will adjust the leaderboard if you do better than 16.

ps. I'm having another go today, just to control my own lunatic moments, which popped back yesterday.

pps. dang it. scrap above. very first game i thought i had suited aces, one of my aces was a 4 masquerading.  tried to recover and just played a game with a newbie who jodded me to bits. I can't recover. It's downhill donking from me all day now ha!
  • edited December 2015
    Macacgirl1 please accept my apologies but I am going to have to drop out of the challenge.

I play on very small profit margins and am playing to pay for a wedding in 2017,  and after a 10 game losing streak, my margins are shot away and I need to get back to winning the games and stakes I usually play.  I am not a Omaha player and was playing just for fun, and its not worked out too well.

gl all on the challenge though guys, I will keep my eye on this thread still
  • edited December 2015
    Don't you dare apologise!
    Marriage is so much more important than this nonsense.
    I'm sorry you ran bad during this, however, I wish you the bestest of run good after you get married.
    xxxxxx
    Karen
  • edited December 2015
    Played 7, won 3.  Ouch.
  • edited December 2015
    this is clearly rigged this site.
    i somehow managed to lose, whilst playing bad!
    rigged i tell ya, people try, they win.
    shocking.
    xxxx
  • edited December 2015
    Just 1 more game tonight which was a win then everyone disappeared........obviously scared

total  W11 L9

• edited December 2015
    Don't you dare apologise! Marriage is so much more important than this nonsense. I'm sorry you ran bad during this, however, I wish you the bestest of run good after you get married. xxxxxx Karen
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    So you wish him run bad for at least another year then......

Tikay is right about you

:)
  • edited December 2015
    Well I wont be troubling the top of the leaderboard so 67bhoys can stop busting me now (please)

Will keep going until completed.

Currently 10/18 after a very indifferent couple of sessions yesterday.
  • edited December 2015
    Macacgirl1 please accept my apologies but I am going to have to drop out of the challenge. I play on very small profit margins and am playing to pay for a wedding in 2017,  and after a 10 game losing streak, my margins are shot away and I need to get back to winning the games and stakes I usually play.  I am not a Omaha player and was playing just for fun, and its not worked out too well. gl all on the challenge though guys, I will keep my eye on this thread still
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Sorry - in a way - to hear that MrWh1te, but it's a correct & brave decision - well done.

Do you still make that wonderful lemonade?

I still sing that song.

I'm a secret lemonade drinker, RWhites, RWhites.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hro4AdTYiTA

• edited December 2015

Which reminds me of this, might just be the best TV advert ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND8Bbn9V6as
  • edited December 2015
    Best advert ever.
    "They peel them with their metal knives"
    Love it.

Won't be around tonight, but will update scores on the doors tomorrow.
  • edited December 2015

I know we don't take poker TOO seriously here, but 67Bhoys has posted a brilliant "fun" Hand History, & told a little story, too, HERE

Have a read, it's top work.

See if you can recognize the 2 villains, too.