You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

Comments

• edited December 2015
    I was too late to register 'officially' in this but ill give it a go just for the craic. 
  • edited December 2015
    All done 15/25.
    Mixture of play bad (from me) some comedic exits and a bluff too many me thinks.
    Not going to worry the boys who concentrate on the game, but thats the first result in.
    GL

• edited December 2015

Won 6 in a row since my last loss.  8/9, 88.89%.  I am now up to the heady heights of £2.25 tables.  Calling it a night, will resume tomorrow.

Stake Win Profit P/L if Kod Total P/L 1 £0.60 £1.00 £0.40 -£0.60   2 £0.60 £1.00 £0.80 -£0.20   3 £0.60 £1.00 £1.20 £0.20 £0.20 4 £1.15 £2.00 £2.05 £0.05   5 £1.15 £2.00 £2.90 £0.90   6 £1.15 £2.00 £3.75 £1.75   7 £2.25 £4.00 £5.50 £1.50   8 £2.25 £4.00 £7.25 £3.25  
  • edited December 2015
    I played 10 £3's today, and I finished the day 5/5.

• edited December 2015
    Is that 5 wins or losses winshoes? sorry its not very clear ;).

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    Up and running.

Will try and get in more than 1 a day but 1/1 for now.
  • edited December 2015
    Im on target for 92%.

I lost my first 2 so just have to win 23 now....
  • edited December 2015

Played 7 lost first 2 then won 5.
  • edited December 2015
    1-1 slow start in more ways than one.
  • edited December 2015

I had a shocker, a real shocker.

I started OK, won 9 of my first 15, but then ran into heavy weather, & lost 5 of the next 6.

No excuses, I was on my game, concentrating well, & playing OK. Not good enough on the night though.  

Final tally was.....

P25, W13 = 52%

So, in Lady Twaddle speak, that is....

13/25

Over & out. 

They think it's all over - it is now 
  • edited December 2015

Forgot to add, thanks for running this Karen, & good luck to all.

What price I get the Wooden Spoon?
  • edited December 2015
    You're welcome, no thanks necessary.
    Wooden Spoon? No chance. Someone will have a shocker. I imagine a couple will come in with single figure results, no shame either, easily done.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII:
    You're welcome, no thanks necessary. Wooden Spoon? No chance. Someone will have a shocker. I imagine a couple will come in with single figure results, no shame either, easily done.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

I can confirm that the whipping boy will likely be me, didnt do a complete tally last night, I deregged and wnet to bed early as I was so disgusted....perhaps Ger or someone with a sharky account can check for me, but it was definitely VERY bad.

May take me a while to complete the rest of the challenge as I have lost some enthusiasm at the moment.

Run well folks.

Santa
  • edited December 2015
    Don't rush it Hendo, this is for fun, don't feel obliged to finish it if it's getting on your doodars.
    I know what you mean I think, I was on the bum end yesterday of some ridiculous hands, played ridiculously and simply them getting lucky. After 3 of those back to back, I knew my chances in this were up the swanny, so I reverted to type and started playing bingo.
    Chin up!
    xx
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII : I can confirm that the whipping boy will likely be me, didnt do a complete tally last night, I deregged and wnet to bed early as I was so disgusted....perhaps Ger or someone with a sharky account can check for me, but it was definitely VERY bad. May take me a while to complete the rest of the challenge as I have lost some enthusiasm at the moment. Run well folks. Santa
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yup, you had a proper shocker last night, won 2 from 11, but it happens to all of us.

I know I put at least one really ugly one on you.

Look at it wider though - since September you have been doing great, made a fortune. And given a very small % back in the last week. It's just how variance works.

• edited December 2015
    I once lost 20 straight.  I'll wager even the lunatics here can't beat that.
    Also.
    I'm currently 3rd on a sharkscope leaderboard for 100 DYM games cash %.

Variance. Nowt more. Both mean nowt to me, both are immaterial.

ps. by lunatics here, i don't mean this thread. ha!
  • edited December 2015
    hey guys,

thanks a lot, I do seem to be seeing the glass half empty at the moment, and you are correct TK I ran well through October and early November so some variance biting is to be expected.

Apart from some run bad, I recognised that I was also playing poorly at the tail end of last week, felt I played better last couple of nights, but ran even worse, which I think added to the frustration.....

I also had a really nice chat today with a fellow golfer (loosely applied) who occasionally writes here and that really helped my mood, cleared a few things up and gave me boost, he really isn't that grumpy ;-)

Going to take it easy next few days, may play , may not.

Going to a Star Wars Convention ( for the kids obv ;-) ) at the weekend in Manchester so I wont be playing Friday Saturday or Sunday, hope to come back full of enthusiasm and plenty Sci Fi tales for TK in the chatbox.

Will also of course keep notes of any culinary treats for Mac ;-)

xx
  • edited December 2015
    Brilliant.
    Did you know Chewbacca has a speech impediment and all the other Wookies from his planet speak normally?
  • edited December 2015
    Brilliant. Did you know Chewbacca has a speech impediment and all the other Wookies from his planet speak normally?
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Actually TK told me that a few weeks ago, he is secretly very knowledgeable about all things Star Wars related.....

I also heard that the hairy one (chewbacca not TK) was heavily involved in expanding The Nandos chain throughout Britain.....

• edited December 2015
    It's all true.
    The other night I told our friends that the Frankie & Benny's chain was owned by the pop singer Lisa Stansfield.  They were somewhat taken aback by that interesting fact.
  • edited December 2015
    I've met R2D2 he lives in Preston (Kenny Baker)

He invested in the first ever KFC to open in the UK, also in Preston, and still gets a 5% return from all UK franchises so just does the Star Wars stuff for fun now.

(may not all be true, T's and C's apply, always do your own research)
  • edited December 2015
    rap sensation ice cube invented the rubiks cube. they had to call it rubiks cube as they didnt think it would sell as either a) ice cube b) cube's cube

This is 100% true.
    Demis Roussos (kaftan wearing sex god) was actually not Greek, as most people think, but he was born and raised in Egypt.
    Roussos in Greek (where he moved to as a boy) means Johns.
    His real name is therefore, Demi Johns.

Michel Lotito (AKA Mr Eat-all) once ate a Cessna Light aircraft. 100% true that.
  • edited December 2015
    Hi Hendrik I wish you the best on your return.

I highly rate your play and i know how it feels when results go bad, but yes as the guys say you need to look at the bigger picture and if your up overall its better than how most people are doing.

I admire that you logged off and took a break, its not easy to do but shows strength of character to know when to stop.

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    hey guys, thanks a lot, I do seem to be seeing the glass half empty at the moment, and you are correct TK I ran well through October and early November so some variance biting is to be expected. Apart from some run bad, I recognised that I was also playing poorly at the tail end of last week, felt I played better last couple of nights, but ran even worse, which I think added to the frustration..... I also had a really nice chat today with a fellow golfer (loosely applied) who occasionally writes here and that really helped my mood, cleared a few things up and gave me boost, he really isn't that grumpy ;-) Going to take it easy next few days, may play , may not. Going to a Star Wars Convention ( for the kids obv ;-) ) at the weekend in Manchester so I wont be playing Friday Saturday or Sunday, hope to come back full of enthusiasm and plenty Sci Fi tales for TK in the chatbox. Will also of course keep notes of any culinary treats for Mac ;-) xx
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I'm playing all my games when your in a galaxy far far away, because you are total pain in the posterior to play against. 

Enjoy your trip
  • edited December 2015
    Had a reasonable start 3 wins 1 loss in my opening 4 games. I probably won't get through the whole 25 till near the end of the challenge though
  • edited December 2015
    Had a reasonable start 3 wins 1 loss in my opening 4 games. I probably won't get through the whole 25 till near the end of the challenge though
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    that's brilliant.
    hope you're enjoying it, that's all we'd hope.
  • edited December 2015
    Won 2 out of 3 so far, including an example of extreme barnacle-ness, down to (I think) 125 chips when tikay coolered me with all 6 left (both flopped a full-house, his was the nut house) and managed to work my way back seemingly being on a stack of 5-6BB the whole game.
  • edited December 2015
    Had a poor Day two.
    Played 9 dym's today, only winning 3.
    £3 2/4
    £5 0/2
    £10 1/0
    Total so far, played 19, won 8 and lost 11.
  • edited December 2015
    car crash 9 - 11