You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

Comments

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "Tikay Loves Maca" Competition MKII:
    That was just the tip of the iceberg really. I'm no drama queen, it's just silly trying to play when you can't act in time. It's obvous something is wrong, when I'm logged in playing and the lobby is saying, login to see your points total. It's all a bt weird and only started after the last sky adobe air whatsit update. I've just played a game on another site without issue, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll try a single game on Sky in a couple of days, to see what happens. xxx
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I did the Adobe Update - presumably most of us did - & had no problems, & there have been no widespread reports of the same problem from others, so it's baffling.

Can I suggest sending "Noseybonk" a PM, he is a) very helpful & b) very knowledgeable/clever with these things & does not just come up with "same old" lazy answers.

• edited December 2015
    Well, I ignored Mr Mac and his usual good advice (turn it off and back on again) and left it to son who has reverted a little netbook back to how it was when it was new and he's set it up afresh.

I'll try playing later but not through the download.

Do we have any more scores to see or is the Champ gonna be our Champ good and proper?
  • edited December 2015
    Well, I ignored Mr Mac and his usual good advice (turn it off and back on again) and left it to son who has reverted a little netbook back to how it was when it was new and he's set it up afresh. I'll try playing later but not through the download. Do we have any more scores to see or is the Champ gonna be our Champ good and proper?
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    That's good to hear. The tables were very quiet last night, in both senses. 3 or 4 interesting newbies, too.  
  • edited December 2015
    Sorry only just noticed Tikay's post above (re MEeeeee). Would gladly have helped but looks like you may now be sorted, fingers crosserated.
    Don't mind trying to assist when I can (even directly on your own PC remotely if needed).
    Cheers.

• edited December 2015
    Sorry only just noticed Tikay's post above (re MEeeeee). Would gladly have helped but looks like you may now be sorted, fingers crosserated. Don't mind trying to assist when I can (even directly on your own PC remotely if needed). Cheers.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks, but it looks like I am fine at the moment.
    Currently playing a game on the netbook which doesn't have the download on it and no problems at all.
  • edited December 2015
    Well Played AJ.
    Go Champ!
    I'm hoping you have a great old tournament on the 28th, hopefully you'll still remember your little friends here when you smash that to bits for another success story.
  • edited December 2015
    Before the thread departs and is long gone, I'm more than willing to do something like this in Jan' if there's any interest.
    It doesn't cost anybody anything, provides us with a bit of banter and keeps us on our toes.
    I was thinking more of a 30 DYM game challenge, 10 NLHE, 10 PLO and 10 PLO8.
    Anyone got any thoughts on that? Any interest?

ps. 'Couldn't even beat TK' still cracks me up.
  • edited December 2015

Congrats to the Champ(official), you told everyone that you were a future PLO8 Champion, now you have put your money where your big mouth was.

Karen you may have created a monster.

Well done Champ, of course the UKOPs bracelet must be a foregone conclusion now.
  • edited December 2015
    Well done AJ PLO8 Champ xx
  • edited December 2015
    WP AJ.

The champ is champ.

There must be something in this positive thinking/visualisation mullarkey.

Re: A january challenge. I'll be in. Thinking about setting my own 1000 game challenge for 2016 if anyone wants to join in and do an RLT style thread let me know.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII:
    WP AJ. The champ is champ. There must be something in this positive thinking/visualisation mullarkey. Re: A january challenge. I'll be in. Thinking about setting my own 1000 game challenge for 2016 if anyone wants to join in and do an RLT style thread let me know.
    Posted by Phantom66

I would sign up for that mate, but may be off to a late start, as I'm away for the 1st 2 months of the year.

• edited December 2015
    Always up for a community challenge. Might even finish RLT's one in 2016!
  • edited December 2015
    I'll sign up for a 1000 gamer, but mine will be done jan/feb and nov/dec next year.
  • edited December 2015
    Congrats AJ, champ off the tables and now champ on the tables.

You remind me of Conor McGregor you told us exactly how it would be, and that is how it was.

Always a pleasure to be in your company,

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    Well done champ, and best of luck on the 28th

Kags
  • edited December 2015

Well 12 months in the making, its official, I am the plo8 champ.

What a great way to end 1 year of playing plo8 (it isn’t over yet there’s the ukops)

It all started back in November 2014 with the 100 game DYM challenge organised by Karen (macacgirl1) I had never played plo8 before then, so thought, why not give it a go.

Tikay was always banging on about it on 861, saying what a wonderful game plo8 is. (he wasn’t lying) So, via the chat box I learned how to play plo8, thanks to all you ploppers. The results last year were a little different to this year’s result. Can you spot the champ on last year’s leader board below.

PLOPPERS 100 CLUB SCOREBOARD

Completed

67Bhoys 70%
    BBMike 69% 
    Talon 69%
    Tikay1 65%
    Fchd 63%
    Eon1961 62%
    Gerardirl 61%
    PKM 61%
    Machka 59%
    Jimbod1 58%
    Churchy18 58%
    Vespapx 58%
    Penguin777 56%

Hendrik62 56%

Enut 55%
    Mrwh1te 54%
    Macacgirl1 51%
    Pomfrittes 49%
    Winshoes 44%
    Team AJ 41% (now the undisputed plo8 champ)

I couldn’t even beat TK last year lol

I’m very proud to have won this year’s trophy, btw Karen, can you let me know where, and when the presentation will take place? Thank you Karen, for organising this challenge. It got me to focus on the game more, which I need to do more often. I’m looking forward to the ukops plo8, where I intend to win myself a nice bank roll, in order to continue playing plo8 and dominate all the ploppers throughout 2016 Oh ploppers be afraid the champ is back. 

Long live the champ.

Regards Alan (The undisputed plo8 champ) 

• edited December 2015

A remarkable turnaround indeed Champ, but this race was a sprint, do you have the stamina for a marathon?

Regards Craig(PLO8 Marathon Champion)
  • edited December 2015
    A remarkable turnaround indeed Champ, but this race was a sprint, do you have the stamina for a marathon? Regards Craig(PLO8 Marathon Champion)
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Marathon, Shmarathon.
    If it involves beating you Craig,
    I'm up for the challenge.
    Name, your poison!

Regards Alan (the true plo8 champ)
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : Marathon, Shmarathon. If it involves beating you Craig, I'm up for the challenge. Name, your poison! Regards Alan (the true plo8 champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    oooh can i join in then if it means beating Craig and taking all his chips ;) lol

Merry xmas all xxxx
  • edited December 2015
    Before the thread departs and is long gone, I'm more than willing to do something like this in Jan' if there's any interest. It doesn't cost anybody anything, provides us with a bit of banter and keeps us on our toes. I was thinking more of a 30 DYM game challenge, 10 NLHE, 10 PLO and 10 PLO8. Anyone got any thoughts on that? Any interest? ps. 'Couldn't even beat TK' still cracks me up.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

love the idea of this, multi discipline challenge. 

Lets do it.
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : oooh can i join in then if it means beating Craig and taking all his chips ;) lol Merry xmas all xxxx
    Posted by Darkangel7

Your more than welcome to join in Olive.

I fear you more than I fear the sprint Champ, because you can take my chips whilst dying your hair and not wearing your glasses, plus you have more stamina than the (sorry I'll need to nip out for a ciggie) sprint Champ.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : love the idea of this, multi discipline challenge.  Lets do it.
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Unfortunately I won't be here to partake in this one, which might mean Hendo my good friend, you may actually have a chance of winning.

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : Unfortunately I won't be here to partake in this one, which might mean Hendo my good friend, you may actually have a chance of winning.
    Posted by 67Bhoys

:-) the xmas spirit is strong in you tonight young craig 
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : :-) the xmas spirit is strong in you tonight young craig 
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    His crimbo spirit may be strong ,
    but he couldn't outlast the champ in the last dym we played.
    He is soooo weak (bless him)

Regards Alan ( the strong and genuine plo8 champ)
  • edited December 2015
    WP AJ. The champ is champ. There must be something in this positive thinking/visualisation mullarkey. Re: A january challenge. I'll be in. Thinking about setting my own 1000 game challenge for 2016 if anyone wants to join in and do an RLT style thread let me know.
    Posted by Phantom66

Obviously the champ is proud of his achievement, crossing the line and winning, by virtue of having a bigger nose, in this sprint.

But here we have Phantom suggesting not just a marathon, but the full iron man gig.

This is not your less than 10 seconds wham bam thank you mam sprint jobby.  No this is a proper challange, not for the feint hearted

Only proper Champs need apply.

• edited December 2015
    Interested as to how the tiebreaker was decided? Well done though AJ
  • edited December 2015
    Interested as to how the tiebreaker was decided? Well done though AJ
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    tie breaker was decided on best win streak 
    I had 7 the other 2 wanna bee's had 6 
    Obv's not as good as the champ (there's the rub )

Regards Alan (always the plo8 champ)
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII : tie breaker was decided on best win streak  I had 7 the other 2 wanna bee's had 6  Obv's not as good as the champ (there's the rub ) Regards Alan (always the plo8 champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    Argh okay makes sense, was really scratching my head as to what made your 18 wins more special, way to go champ!
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM Competition MKII:
    With Entries now closed, I can reveal that Lady Twaddle asked if a small prize could be added - only small, as it is important to retain the "fun" element, & we don't want any argy-bargy with the reported numbers. I said this could be done ON CONDITION that she agrees to stop talking food nonsense in the Chat Box. She readily agreed. Silence is Golden , as The Tremeloes famously sung in a recent smash hit pop record.     So the winner will get Free Entry worth £11 into the UKOPS £1,000 Guaranteed PLO8 on Monday 28th December.
    Posted by Tikay10

Unfortunately, the terms & conditions were not fulfilled, so there will NOT be a prize.
  • edited December 2015

Here's the final standings - remarkable how close it was, with a 3 way dead heat prior to the tiebreaker.

Shame on the bottom 5 - they could not even beat tikay

Marv.

1st. ajmilton 18/25
    pomfrittes 18/25
    67Bhoys 18/25
    churchy18 16/25
    FCHD 16/25
    Enut 15/25
    gerardirl 15/25
    macacgirl1 15/25
    stuarty117 14/25
    dragon1964 13/25