You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM "AJMilton Is Our Champ" Competition MKII

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Karen I know you said only enter if you can manage to complete the challenge, but I am afraid I have to withdraw, I just don't seem to get the time to finish the job, and also my br only really permits micro stakes and they just don't run fast enough when I am on.

Not very sure of my stats  but think it is 10 played won 6, but could be wrong, doesn't really matter anyhow.

Thanks for running this, really enjoyed it.

Kags
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "Tikay Loves Maca" Competition MKII:
    Where was Team Anti-Troll (Karen, Whizzy & mmmchips) last night when I most needed them? You'd have had SO much fun with a chap that joined us for a few games, quite a new player to Sky Poker. First game, right out of the blue, he has a pop at me. "Why so slow titkay?" I say " ha, loving my new name " to which he responds " seems apt". No more is said. I bust, as I did in the first 8 games I played. The bullets are flying, I'm laying low, trying to win Game 9 & register my first win of the session.   Later, he appears on a table which included all the regulars, including Eon.  First orbit has barely completed before our man pipes up..... "...If you two try colluding, I'll report you."  There is silence. Everyone is trying to work it out.   "I mean it, I'm watching you both" Eventually, Pommy susses it.   Eon & I share the same "Field Address" - Ilkeston - though I don't live there now, I live 150 miles away, & I've never met Eon.   "Yeah, so watch your step the pair of you, I don't like colluders & I'll report you. I mean it." I manage my only comment of the game, " well, between us we have played 25,000 games on Sky Poker & nobody has ever suggested that before ".   In a flash, he replies - "yeah, but they don't watch games like I do, I can sense collusion immediately".  There is total silence, you can sense everyone thinking "it's the e-numbers".   By now, word has spread to all my other tables, everyone is commenting on "tikay's new friend" & are now railing us. No more is said, until Level 4.  "Yup, I'm still watching you two. The pair of you have not played a single hand together. Classic sign of colluding."   Not played a hand together by Level 4? As most might already know, by Level 4 I've rarely played ANY hand against anyone. Don't think I had played a hand in that game, either.    Sadly, he bust then, & that was that.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wouldnt matter to Eon, even if you arranged to collude with him, he still couldn't bring himself to leave ya win a pot
  • edited December 2015
       He was a strange 1 TK, as someone suggested in chat too much REDMEAT
    Posted by pomfrittes

aha explains a lot , I noticed he was back, had the dubious pleasure of his company tonight.

Thankfully he bust early and I didn't need to listen to him.
  • edited December 2015
    Don't give it a seconds thought Kag, no worries.

I really, really hope this lippy chap is playing today.
    What buy-in does he prefer?
    Will I notice him straight away?
  • edited December 2015
    Don't give it a seconds thought Kag, no worries. I really, really hope this lippy chap is playing today. What buy-in does he prefer? Will I notice him straight away?
    Posted by Macacgirl1

You know him already Karen, you will recognise him straight away. ;-)
  • edited December 2015

I was very sad to see Jod getting some severe verbal bullying last night. The villain was not one who plays the PLO8 DYM's all the time, but he drops in some nights. In fact, I think he is a Prio player who earns his points in NLH HU games.

And he was giving Jod a right ear bashing, because of the way Jod plays.

Now Jod has his own way of playing. Technically, he is very bad, we all know that, but his style is really awkward to combat, & we need to adapt special tactics against him, & of course he can be infuriating when he limps every hand & turns up with nonsense & busts us.

Last night he was "hot", & was winning almost every game he played.

Thing is, it's his money, & he can play how he likes, & I don't think "senior" players should be dissing him so aggressively at the table. Yes, he frustrates us a lot, but that's no reason to abuse him at the table.  
  • edited December 2015
    Incredible immaturity by so called adults when they abuse somebody for the way they play. Apart from being rude and showing a lack of respect.

Good luck today all!

Ger
  • edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM "Tikay Loves Maca" Competition MKII : You know him already Karen, you will recognise him straight away. ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Oh pooh.
    I was hoping it was a newbie with attitude.
  • edited December 2015
    Squeezed in 3 tonight limping toward the finish line now at P21 W10.
  • edited December 2015
    I was very sad to see Jod getting some severe verbal bullying last night. The villain was not one who plays the PLO8 DYM's all the time, but he drops in some nights. In fact, I think he is a Prio player who earns his points in NLH HU games.   And he was giving Jod a right ear bashing, because of the way Jod plays.   Now Jod has his own way of playing. Technically , he is very bad, we all know that, but his style is really awkward to combat, & we need to adapt special tactics against him, & of course he can be infuriating when he limps every hand & turns up with nonsense & busts us.   Last night he was "hot", & was winning almost every game he played.   Thing is, it's his money, & he can play how he likes, & I don't think "senior" players should be dissing him so aggressively at the table. Yes, he frustrates us a lot, but that's no reason to abuse him at the table.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was a little disturbed by this post...I detest bullying in all forms...however i have been on the receiving end of the jodster for 3 straight days now,as most will know i play the game generally in what some would say the correct way.After going in with a dominating hand 20+ times and equally being called with hands only karen would consider, i find i am losing 90% of the time.not even a split/chopped pot to soften the blow.As a very good mathmatics genius friend of mine tells me in the long term this will even out..bunkem!!! i have played the great maca for 2 years now and rarely win a hand however strong i am. I must say again i love banter and give and take it to whatever level fellow railer rises to.Tikay is a better man than me even congratulating jod on his performance..I shall plod on probably go down a grade or 2 regroup and return to the higher levels to commence battle once more.

On a lighter note i played a £2.25 dym at 4.30am..3 players away!! Only just cashed as one player wanted all the chips..i hope Sky sends him a cigar!!

whizzy
  • edited December 2015
    I too got well and truly 'jodded' last night.

I think I probably ended my PLO8 session £40-£50 down and don't think I won a pot against him all night. I did infact make a comment (about not having won a single hand against him) in the one STT where I managed to outlast him but it was after he had been knocked out and certainly not meant as a personal dig.

We pay our money and are entitled to play however we want. The simple fact is that I find Jod very hard to play against. No matter what hand he is playing (Tikay says don't play a hand without an ace in it, well sometimes Jod turns up with hands without and ace, king, queen, 2, 3, 4, 5....you get the idea) he seems to run straight into the ideal flop.

So probably a £50 loss on PLO8, £30 on MTTs and then played some cash and immediately went £30-£40 down on those too. Typed into chat box 'last few for me, gl all' and then proceeded to run quite hot for the next 15 minutes and actually ended the whole night about £20 up. Nice turn around for once!
  • edited December 2015

Ha, yup, we've all had nights like that against the great Jod, & yeah, it is frustrating.

There IS a way to play him though, & it'd be unfair to go into detail, but really, we just need to adapt to the opposition. 

I will say that position is key against him, but no matter what side of him we sit, there's a way to combat him. 

But we have to get used to it - he will turn up with THE most unexpected hands. Embrace the variance.  

• edited December 2015
    I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the table last night, who offered me such kind words of support and help after I'd hurt myself. The love just poured out of the chat-box.
    I'm now the proud owner of two broken metatarsals, a huge foot support brace thing that looks like a ski boot and a thoroughly bad mood. Oh yes, have you ever tried to go to A and E on a Saturday evening? It was like a zoo. I do believe I was the only sober patient in there. Ridiculous. I'm writing to my M.P. Just as soon as I find out who it is.

Quick table-chat summary

Me - I think I've broken my foot
    EVERYONE - that's you buggred then, no more games tonight.

Thanks.
    Oh yes,
    I won't forget who you are.
    Thanks very much indeed.

On a poker related note
    a) What's all this JOD nonsense you shower of Girls Blouses, the chap hasn't started playing any differently, and b) The quack in A and E didn't find it funny when I answered his question and I said we could have gotten to the hospital fifteen minutes earlier, but I had two DYMs to finish.

• edited December 2015

You'll not get an iota, jot or tickle of sympathy from me, I think it's hilarious.

And I note you have not explained how this mishap occurred?

Well I'll tell everyone. 

You fell off the top of the freezer, apparently.

PS - lol @ A & E "like a zoo" on a Saturday night. I bet.

• edited December 2015
    Sorry to hear about your little pinkies Maca. Amazing what some people will do to get out of Christmas shopping though isn't it?

Once went to A&E on a Sat night as step daughter had been in a car accident. Whilst there a drunk was shouting and screaming about how much pain he was in (tooth ache) and that he should be seen immediately. When they called for him 15 minutes later he was asleep!

• edited December 2015
    Get better soon maca x
  • edited December 2015
    I did not fall off the top of a freezer.
    I was retrieving my snack-box (twiglets, seeds, nuts etc) from the top of the fridge freezer and I knocked a 2L bottle off which fell onto my foot.
    None of it was my fault. Obviously, it was all the fault of kickball watching peabrain. He put loads of bottles on top of the fridge, one of them must have been too close to the edge, and the fridge is taller than me, so I couldn't see what I was doing. So there. The odds weren't in my favour to start with. It pretty much wasn't an accident, it was a calculated assault.
  • edited December 2015
    Pity it didnt land on your head, might knock some sense into you...lol

Ger

ps get well soon mac
  • edited December 2015
    A twiglet induced injury, haha love it!

Not a lot they can do for damaged feet and toes, except the advice will be to put your feet up - perfect for over Christmas!

Get well soon.
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, much appreciated.
    It doesn't even hurt really, just numb and swollen.
    Yep, the advice is to stay off my feet, keep it elevated, try not to wiggle my toes and to badger mr mac at every given opportunity to fetch and carry anything I can think of.
    My day is sorted then, feet up, Lord Of The Rings boxset, snack-box to hand, plo8 and to compile a Christmas shopping list for mr mac which will involve him going to nine different super busy shops.
  • edited December 2015
    Poor Mr.Mac!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get well soon Karen xx
  • edited December 2015
    Mister Mac is a Saint
  • edited December 2015
    Just finished, won 2/4 making 12/25 total. Not very happy with that but it happens. Made some mistakes along the way which I'll have to sort out. Good fun as always though.
  • edited December 2015
    What have you been told about limpimg! x
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, much appreciated. It doesn't even hurt really, just numb and swollen. Yep, the advice is to stay off my feet, keep it elevated, try not to wiggle my toes and to badger mr mac at every given opportunity to fetch and carry anything I can think of. My day is sorted then, feet up, Lord Of The Rings boxset, snack-box to hand, plo8 and to compile a Christmas shopping list for mr mac which will involve him going to nine different super busy shops.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

You could watch My left foot.
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, much appreciated. It doesn't even hurt really, just numb and swollen. Yep, the advice is to stay off my feet, keep it elevated, try not to wiggle my toes and to badger mr mac at every given opportunity to fetch and carry anything I can think of. My day is sorted then, feet up, Lord Of The Rings boxset, snack-box to hand, plo8 and to compile a Christmas shopping list for mr mac which will involve him going to nine different super busy shops.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Oh dear mrs Maca, you do realise what youv'e done don't you?
    Ok so he's going to do a busy shopping spree at crimbo (every blokes nightmare)
    Wait on you hand and foot for every little thing (every blokes nightmare)

But, here's the rub.
    Once you have recovered, Mr Maca will never let you forget, 
    that he single handedly saved crimbo 2015.
    Without him crimbo, would have been ruined.
    He has now accumulated enough brownie points (in his, mind)
    to last well in to 2016.
    You have created a monster lol

e.g. next time you want to watch the premier of a film on T.V
    Mr Maca, will mention crimbo 2015 (it's what blokes do)
    and you'll end up watching Kickball instead, (it's your own fault)

get well soon.

Regards Alan (plo8 champ)

*fingers crossed, soon to be plo8 dym champ 
  • edited December 2015
    I'm probably done with playing at the moment. Losing doesn't bother me in the slightest, but when you lose because of software/connection problems, that's a different matter and there's not much point in continuing. It's happened too many times over the last few days and my patience has finally sssnnnnaapppped.
    I'm having tomorrow off anyways, but will pop back to check the results for the deadline and help celebrate our new PLO8 Champ!
    Best of luck
    xxx
    Karen
  • edited December 2015

^^^^

When I flopped aces full, and you turned quads.......then disconnected (and we were three way) that was as brutal as it gets.

You have not previously had connection problems until the last few days, have you?

Hope it is soon sorted, the games are not the same without you.
  • edited December 2015
    That was just the tip of the iceberg really.
    I'm no drama queen, it's just silly trying to play when you can't act in time. It's obvous something is wrong, when I'm logged in playing and the lobby is saying, login to see your points total. It's all a bt weird and only started after the last sky adobe air whatsit update.
    I've just played a game on another site without issue, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll try a single game on Sky in a couple of days, to see what happens.
    xxx
  • edited December 2015
    That was just the tip of the iceberg really. I'm no drama queen, it's just silly trying to play when you can't act in time. It's obvous something is wrong, when I'm logged in playing and the lobby is saying, login to see your points total. It's all a bt weird and only started after the last sky adobe air whatsit update. I've just played a game on another site without issue, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll try a single game on Sky in a couple of days, to see what happens. xxx
    Posted by Macacgirl1

definitely report it to CC Karen, they are very helpful and I think it is good to let them know when there are issues, it normally sorts out pretty quickly after the boffins get a heads up