You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary

Comments

• edited January 2016
    short session today but made decent points with the x2 promo.

Played pretty average to begin with I felt really good was laying down aq at the right time etc etc but tailed off towards the end so have decided to call it a night there.

+£57 for the session so all heading in the right direction
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary:
    I say find a new poker site sky poker is a joke. . Register an wen the game starts table won't open.!! Wtf
    Posted by zobo996
    Good skillz im getting troll posts this early into a diary Danny :)
    It was at least a couple of months before i had a random come on and do that
  • edited January 2016
    Up and down the last few days (mostly down) I have been playing a fair amount of HU cash ranging from 50nl to 500nl and I have definitely come off the worst.

I spent a fair chunk of yesterday analysing some hands and although at the time I convinced myself I was playing ok I was definitely making some frustrated calls that on other days I would have spotted as an easy lay down.

The main thing is I can say I have took positives out of the sessions as I have plugged some leaks.

Started last night grinding back up playing dyms and hu hypers which are turning into my bread and butter game. The regs in the lobby continue to reg with me even though some are taking a bit of a beating which is making the games tougher for now.... but I dont mind playing regs, maybe I am old school and just want to play the best rather than wait around all day looking for easy money.

If you want to get to the top I believe you have to be able to beat the best at each stake level and you need to take sensible shots.

in total I am down around -£350 the last few days but the bleeding has stopped and we are back on the incline.

Good luck at the tables today
  • edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016
    Villa fan eh? ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

it really is painful mate....

On a side note today has been productive decent volume and +300 for the day.

Going to sit back and watch the boxing now whilst winning the main and mini :)

Good luck to all who are in it
  • edited February 2016
    quick update things have been going pretty well up around £600 the last few days and my sharkscope graph has gonr verticle which is great.

Played my first priority freeroll and came 4th for £160 ish which is great... another fantastic little gift from sky. I have made priority before but have always forgot to reg.

I made a pretty marginal 3 bet shove at the final table... I need to run the numbers im not sure it was correct.

Looking forward to trying to qualify into the UKPC tomorrow!!

Pretty tired so time to call it a night good luck to those still grinding

• edited February 2016
    ok so MASSIVE dissapointment tonight (hence the caps in the word massive)

I finished 5th in the ukpc priority freeroll after getting it in ak v k6 pre short stacked.... my only hope being that one of the other 4 already qualified via promo as the terms got changed :/

My hopes are slim.

just massively gutted.... that is all
  • edited February 2016
    Just railed the HU PLO match with JH.

You sure weren't fibbing about the BRM!!!! Epic stuff.
  • edited February 2016
    ok so MASSIVE dissapointment tonight (hence the caps in the word massive) I finished 5th in the ukpc priority freeroll after getting it in ak v k6 pre short stacked.... my only hope being that one of the other 4 already qualified via promo as the terms got changed :/ My hopes are slim. just massively gutted.... that is all
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Oucho, that's gotta hurt.

Do you know the names of the 4 players that finished above you? I can't find the results anywhere, so I have no idea if they were previously qualified.
  • edited February 2016

^^^^

Ignore the above, I've found the 4 names, & it looks to me that none of them had previously qualified. I'm not 100% certain on that, & will try & find out for you later.

• edited February 2016
    ^^^^ Ignore the above, I've found the 4 names, & it looks to me that none of them had previously qualified. I'm not 100% certain on that, & will try & find out for you later.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for the help Tikay, Like I said I was not expectant :)
  • edited February 2016

UL m8, that must have stung a bit.

Anyway, hope you still qualify via the Satellites, or another Promo, be great to see you there, was looking forward to meeting you.
  • edited February 2016
    Just railed the HU PLO match with JH. You sure weren't fibbing about the BRM!!!! Epic stuff.
    Posted by SJspanky1

Yeah my BR management is horrendous but £1.50 / £3 PLO is great fun.... I will be playing him tonight I played pretty bad but I am actually suprised at how many leaks I judged him to have which was strange.

If i lose £1000 then I lose £1000 I am confident I can grind it back in a a fortnight or close to a fortnight.

Im not going to lie it is not fun grinding to get back big losses but it is always manageable.
  • edited February 2016
    UL m8, that must have stung a bit. Anyway, hope you still qualify via the Satellites, or another Promo, be great to see you there, was looking forward to meeting you.
    Posted by Tikay10

Same goes! Although we did briefly meet at the £500 buyin UKOPS :)
  • edited February 2016
    Okay so it has took me a few days to post this as I needed a break....

Highs and LOWS.

I have been using my incredible ability recently, something I have had from day 1 and something I fear I will never lose.

This ability is the incredible ability to self destruct!

After bubbling the Priority UKOPS SAT I was fuming with myself as it is something I desperately want to attend!

My solution Play as much as I can between the stakes of 200NL to 1000NL of course I was playing awful and the losses racked up and my play got worse and the losses got bigger. Inside me I have this demon that makes me self destruct.

Isnt it funny? How wewant to take shots when playing bad and losing but when we are winning and playing well we are happy to float along at the same stakes.

Anyway the net result is not only did I bubble a UKOPS seat but then I have continued and spewed another UKOPS seat + extra playing higher than I should be.

Fast forward 3 days and I am focused and ready to go again. the reality is without a MTT bink it is going to take a month or more to grind back what I have lost.... but dont to the crime if you cant do the time!

Reloading to £400 that I have withdrew from my BR on another site and we will start again.

Please do not do as I do.... to some this will sound cool I assure you it is not it is reckless and stupid.

I will inevitably do it again
  • edited February 2016
    I also lost £380 on the Carolina Panthers last night.....

I made £320 back on deal or no deal slot....

Yes I have issues :)
  • edited February 2016
    There aren't many of us who haven't spewed off a BR or 2 on monkey tilt. I knew this was gonna be one of the more entertaining diaries. Post some hands for entertainment value please.

Best of luck grinding it back.
  • edited February 2016

Just railed you at PLO200 HU again.

In all seriousness and joking aside, please stop. I'm starting to worry you may have a problem.
  • edited February 2016
    Isnt it funny? How wewant to take shots when playing bad and losing but when we are winning and playing well we are happy to float along at the same stakes.

That is so true.

All the best to you in rebuilding, you are a good player and will get there soon enough.

It's a funny old game and amazing how quickly things can change. Good luck finding that bink!
  • edited February 2016
    Okay so it has took me a few days to post this as I needed a break.... Highs and LOWS. I have been using my incredible ability recently, something I have had from day 1 and something I fear I will never lose. This ability is the incredible ability to self destruct! After bubbling the Priority UKOPS SAT I was fuming with myself as it is something I desperately want to attend! My solution Play as much as I can between the stakes of 200NL to 1000NL of course I was playing awful and the losses racked up and my play got worse and the losses got bigger. Inside me I have this demon that makes me self destruct. Isnt it funny? How wewant to take shots when playing bad and losing but when we are winning and playing well we are happy to float along at the same stakes. Anyway the net result is not only did I bubble a UKOPS seat but then I have continued and spewed another UKOPS seat + extra playing higher than I should be. Fast forward 3 days and I am focused and ready to go again. the reality is without a MTT bink it is going to take a month or more to grind back what I have lost.... but dont to the crime if you cant do the time! Reloading to £400 that I have withdrew from my BR on another site and we will start again. Please do not do as I do.... to some this will sound cool I assure you it is not it is reckless and stupid. I will inevitably do it again
    Posted by Itsover4u
    The psychology of this - which I insta recognize - is so, so fascinating to me. What a thing the human mind is.

PS - It's UKPC not UKOPS. UKPC end of February, then next up, UKOPS, & some other stuff.  
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary (1st major blow up):
    Just railed you at PLO200 HU again. In all seriousness and joking aside, please stop. I'm starting to worry you may have a problem.
    Posted by SJspanky1

You Have nothing to worry about lol.... I would never put my self in any financial risk. The money I play with comes from poker not my bank.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary : The psychology of this - which I insta recognize - is so, so fascinating to me. What a thing the human mind is. PS - It's UKPC not UKOPS. UKPC end of February, then next up, UKOPS, & some other stuff.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I intend to look into other flaws I have as a human and rectify them over the year.... In all honesty I will probably end up forgetting and reverting to type.

Yes sorry the UKPC.... still intent to get there though not sure my head is in the right place at present. Half term next week for schools so I can have a solid full week of grinding towards a UKPC seat
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary (1st major blow up):
    Isnt it funny? How wewant to take shots when playing bad and losing but when we are winning and playing well we are happy to float along at the same stakes. That is so true. All the best to you in rebuilding, you are a good player and will get there soon enough. It's a funny old game and amazing how quickly things can change. Good luck finding that bink!
    Posted by LARSON7

Thanks much appreciated Larson!

So with a new found focus I decide to finally go back to the grind last night.... I lose my first HU hyper and and DYM and go straight to the 200PLO tables....

When will I learn!

Forunately I won around 200 there but this is completely besides the point.

FOr some reason I can not get my head right with poker at the minute, little things that would not usually bother me are sending me off the rails. I used to have the ability to go through horrific downswings without tilting but from the moment I have hit 30 it has been the opposite.

Going to try and get myself in a good place (Focus wise tonight) and set myself a target to put x amount of volume in.

Happy Friday
  • edited February 2016
    so we are well on the way to recovery with a +£648 day today playing pretty much 50NL HU all day. I took on regs and recs and I am one of the few who wont turn down action at that limit.... I cant lie it really aggrevates me when I sit down with regs and they insta sit out.

Shout out to sky for a great freeroll came 8th in the 5k for a extra £100 a moment ago. I had no idea I was registered so pushed pushed pushed whilst eating a dominos... When I luckboxed to 20k stack I thought I may aswell put in the effort.

For now I am going to watch a film and chill for a while.... I think Martian is tonights choice!

I love my films so if anyone has any suggestions that I can find on sky netflix or lovefilm plese let me know. Also watched district 9 last night, Sci fi's are not usually my thing but it was suprisingly excellent!
  • edited February 2016
    bridge of spies tom hanks .excellent
  • edited February 2016
    love your diary i think most people on the site could identify with your thoughts and feelings at one time or another hope your comeback is spectacular as for films try citizen x its a few years old but very good
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary (1st major blow up & Recovery):
    bridge of spies tom hanks .excellent
    Posted by stokefc
    +1. Watched it on plane home from Vegas, a very enjoyable film.
  • edited February 2016
    love your diary i think most people on the site could identify with your thoughts and feelings at one time or another hope your comeback is spectacular as for films try citizen x its a few years old but very good
    Posted by weecheez1
    Haha glad your enjoying it. poker is not a smooth ride and my game is probably swingier than most as I am not what you would call tight.... unless i need to adjust to that style.

Will give that film a watch alongside bridge of spies.... I will give them an official deuce to ace rating
  • edited February 2016
    Yeah i also love the diary you tell it how it is and even with results which most people hide away from that people are happy to tell you when there winning but wont post the bad days.
    Keep it up buddy.
  • edited February 2016
    Yeah i also love the diary you tell it how it is and even with results which most people hide away from that people are happy to tell you when there winning but wont post the bad days. Keep it up buddy.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

your diary is also great... an inspiration for new grinders and old grinders