You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary

Comments

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary (UKPC OR BUST):
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary (UKPC OR BUST) : I'm not surprised tbf. That's why I'm such a bankroll nit... stepping up just one level above my regular games and losing a buy-in brings me out in a cold sweat... I'd pass out before I could log on and whack my whole Sky Poker roll in to one high stakes spin :)
    Posted by shakinaces
    Haha I never put my whole role on the line... I have a poker bank account and the majority of my finds are held there. I am not rolled to play 500NL or 1000NL (not even close) but when you see me playing at those limits it is always from amounts I have won by playing 50nl or £20 hu hypers... In short I take shots with my profit.

The negative side of doing that is when you take a week to grind money then lose it in 1 x 3 minute session... it is brutal and on many occasions make me want to insta quit poker... for at least 24 hours. But the truth is I love the game and when I am tuned in a have a knack for it.... If we were comparing poker players to footballers I would be Paul Merson... Moments of genius mixed in with a massive self destruct button.... But I am a winning player so I consider myself blesse to make a few pound here and there from something I love.

But all jokes aside I need to get home in 1 hours time and make £600 as quick as possible.

Do you think Tikay would be able to get me a buy in from my poker account? I know they did something for percival earlier but potentially to late now
  • edited February 2016
    currently on a bit of a tear + 368 on 100NL hu table and still playing

bookies have slashed the odds to 2/1
  • edited February 2016
    Great Diary, hope its good news and not busto for the late update.Good luck at the tables.
  • edited February 2016
    Great Diary, hope its good news and not busto for the late update.Good luck at the tables.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Not Busto but we did fall short unfortnately... On the plus side from the £33 left after crashing and burning at 500nl we have x 20+ which is a pretty decent effort in 24 hours.

So back to online I will be playing a few big online MTTs to drown my sorrows including a $320 on a certain site.

It was a fun ride and ultimately I am dissapointed not to make it... but I can look myself in the mirror and say I gave it my best shot, which historically is not something I have always done as a person
  • edited February 2016
    Great effort last night mate. Thought it was on when you were up to £500+ on HU table and down to last 2 tables of 55BH.

First username I type when I fancy doing some railing. Good luck in the big uns later.
  • edited February 2016
    great try mate whats your next goal vegas
  • edited March 2016
    great try mate whats your next goal vegas
    Posted by weecheez1

Hi Mate I am already off to Vegas with the girlfriend this year so wont be going for this promo. Although It will be incredible for whoever wins!

So I thought I would do a little update... swings and roundabouts really. Unlike me I have been playing pretty steady of late and have managed to stay away from the higher stakes tables.... 

But as we know just because I am playing stakes I know beat that does not mean I am going to beat them over any given period.

So I have been playing mostly 11, 22 & 33 DYMS but due to a mostly breakeven run and some close calls in MTTs I am sown around £20... although I have made around £40 in RB.

Breakeven patches are the worst for me I can feel myself getting anxious and wanting to jump higher... but I havent as of yet.... although I probably will!

Had a 4 figure MTT score on the other site to ease my pain a little.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary:
    Before I start tonight session (I will no longer be calling it a grind) I will give you a fact about me so you can get to know me more and I can hopefully get to know you better. I am a lifelong Aston Villa fan.... rib away
    Posted by Itsover4u

Mate come up the M6 and follow the mighty Stoke u know it makes sense lol.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary : Mate come up the M6 and follow the mighty Stoke u know it makes sense lol.
    Posted by TheEdge949

Unfortunately I am too loyal.... good result for stoke the weekend they have a very good team at them min.

You are a top class striker away from having a europe challenging team in my oppinion. I am a big fan of shaqiri and Aranutovic
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary : Unfortunately I am too loyal.... good result for stoke the weekend they have a very good team at them min. You are a top class striker away from having a europe challenging team in my oppinion. I am a big fan of shaqiri and Aranutovic
    Posted by Itsover4u
    lol that bluff ain't gonna get through!

Was good to see Micah and Lescott back at Eastlands on Saturday. Even Sinclair got mild applause when he came on. Mass exodus in the summer if the worst case scenario happens?
  • edited March 2016
    The team needs gutting top to bottom.... This villa team is like shoddy brickwork....

Initially they looked good from the outside, but it didnt take long for the cracks to grow and eventually crumble.

It has been coming for years gross mis management and neglect at the top end of the club. The players have no fight and if they were im my Sunday league team and showed the effort they do I would be embarresed to call them my team mates.

If we can somehow keep Grealish, Ayew and Amavi and sell the rest I would be delighted
  • edited March 2016
    The team needs gutting top to bottom.... This villa team is like shoddy brickwork.... Initially they looked good from the outside, but it didnt take long for the cracks to grow and eventually crumble. It has been coming for years gross mis management and neglect at the top end of the club. The players have no fight and if they were im my Sunday league team and showed the effort they do I would be embarresed to call them my team mates. If we can somehow keep Grealish, Ayew and Amavi and sell the rest I would be delighted
    Posted by Itsover4u
    +1 to this 
    Gotta get rid of Andy Pandy Lerner and his cronies first.
  • edited March 2016
    small update decent night up £200 on the cash tables... was a fun game mega swingy.

Building up for UKOPS now so going to be working on my MTT strategy and trying to get some reg sngs going to work on endgame.

Night
  • edited March 2016

Morning.

You started a thread last night, & then, after good advice from Matt Bates, requested it be deleted. I have therefore deleted the discussion.

I have C & P the content & sent it to the Office.

If you wish to identify the players, you can EITHER advise CC, or, alternatively, send me the details via a PM, & I will ensure it is immediately forwarded to the right people in the office.

Thanks.   
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary (Road to UKOPS):
    Morning. You started a thread last night, & then, after good advice from Matt Bates, requested it be deleted. I have therefore deleted the discussion.   I have C & P the content & sent it to the Office. If you wish to identify the players, you can EITHER advise CC, or, alternatively, send me the details via a PM, & I will ensure it is immediately forwarded to the right people in the office.   Thanks.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Pm sent thanks Tikay :)
  • edited March 2016

^^^^

Received & replied.

Thank you.
  • edited March 2016
    Been a while since we updated but things have been ticking along nicely at sngs and I inted to keep them as my main focus for a while.

Played a few small tourneys but really need to work on my patience.... im making a few to many hero calls when deep and need to sort that out before UKOPS

But BR going in the right direction. Many will be dissapointed to know there have been no major blow ups or swings lately but I am comfortable with that after the ups and downs of chasing a UKPC seat
  • edited March 2016
    as my old man used to say keep the heed gl and no blowouts
  • edited March 2016
    The dreaded downswing, if we are winning players it makes us question if everything we know to be correct is actually a lie. It makes the strongest of mindsets crumble.... it makes us question if we should change our game?

The answer of course is no... of sorts.

My cash adventures of late have been a bit of a disaster and it made me lose a ton of motivation just after the UKOPS started (I ended up playing like 3 events) & as much as I like to tell myself I am destined to be playing high stakes the truth is that people very rarely get to the top by luck or by talent alone.... it is hard work and a mindset that will make you make the right decisions consistently.

By the "right decisions" I dont mean raising x range when heads up but actively studying and improving your game. A lot of people dont like asking themselves tough questions about what they are doing wrong and when they do they will often give themselves fabricated answers.... how is it to pass off a bad session as "Bad luck"?

Today is the start... today is the moment of realisation that I have to put in the relevant amount of effort to fufill the goals I have set out for myself.

I will keep progress reguarly but a basic outline of what I am trying to achieve is simple.

Treble my volume and get to £100 - £200 HUSGS within 6 months.

My commandment

- thou shall not explode and play £1000NL

- Thou shalt not tilt and play Omaha cash because yee suck at it

- Thou shalt put in the required amount to improve and implement your learnings

Let thy cards be live and thee pots be monsters

Danny
  • edited March 2016
    get to £100 - £200 HUSGS

This is really a long term goal of mine too, I was going nicely in the hypers then had a £1300 downswing the last 2 months, lost 14 out of 15 at 52.50 last saturday (I still think I had an edge on that player and was running insanely bad) but am now at a loss over 2k games so maybe I'm just bad at them and need to learn.

Would you want to play a bunch sometime? maybe £5s or so as I want to reduce my swings for a while!
  • edited March 2016

"The dreaded downswing, if we are winning players it makes us question if everything we know to be correct is actually a lie. It makes the strongest of mindsets crumble.... it makes us question if we should change our game?

The answer of course is no... of sorts.

A lot of people dont like asking themselves tough questions about what they are doing wrong and when they do they will often give themselves fabricated answers.... how is it to pass off a bad session as "Bad luck"?"

Great comments Danny, ditto the post by Lady Chiggy, Sheriffess of Somerset.

Downswings, when we can't seem to win at the rate we think we should, really do mess with our heads. But it's SO easy to take the "it's just variance" line, & say everything will soon sort it out. It's not always the case.

For balance, variance is an immensely powerful thing, a thing of beauty in so many ways.

I'm having my own questions to answer right now, my biggest downswing in 2.5 years, & the question I keep asking - is this just luck, or have I slipped behind the curve? My mind tries to  convince me it is sheer run-bad, but that's such a lazy way of looking at it. 

Anyway Danny & Lady C, I hope you both turn it round pronto.  
  • edited March 2016
    I'm having my own questions to answer right now, my biggest downswing in 2.5 years, & the question I keep asking - is this just luck, or have I slipped behind the curve? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's Markycash ;)
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary : It's Markycash ;)
    Posted by chiggypig
    Ha, he's certainly not helping.

But that's an easy one to explain - he is a far better player than me, as simple as that.

In fact, he's the best I've seen in the PLO8 DYM format. Think he won around 20 from 26 last night, & in addition, came 2nd in the £100 Guaranteed PLO8.

The night before he won 19 out of 24. He might be on a heater, but he's clearly immensely gifted at PLO8 & DYM's.  It's a pleasure to watch him play, it really is.

• edited March 2016
    />  get to £100 - £200 HUSGS This is really a long term goal of mine too, I was going nicely in the hypers then had a £1300 downswing the last 2 months, lost 14 out of 15 at 52.50 last saturday (I still think I had an edge on that player and was running insanely bad) but am now at a loss over 2k games so maybe I'm just bad at them and need to learn. Would you want to play a bunch sometime? maybe £5s or so as I want to reduce my swings for a while!
    Posted by chiggypig

Hey Chippy. Yes would be happy to play a bunch at those stakes 2-4 tabling. Would be interesting to pick a few spots after and discuss them if interested?

Yes variance can be brutal Tikay so rather than sulk I am going to look at it from a more objective view.

My main issue is I know as fact MTTs to be my most profitable format but simply do not have the time to play as many as I would like. Working 10 hour days and getting up at 6AM is kinda tough to fit around any schedule.

Im sure your downswing is purely variance... you have been winning over many years and the games curve does not change overnight
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary : Hey Chippy. Yes would be happy to play a bunch at those stakes 2-4 tabling. Would be interesting to pick a few spots after and discuss them if interested?
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Sounds great, I'm very tired today and will be avoiding heads up for the night, is tomorrow evening good for you? Or some time on the weekend?

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Itsover4u Itsover4me Diary : Hey Chippy. Yes would be happy to play a bunch at those stakes 2-4 tabling. Would be interesting to pick a few spots after and discuss them if interested?
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Sounds great, I'm very tired tonight and will be avoiding heads up for the night, is tomorrow evening good for you? Or some time on the weekend?

• edited March 2016
    there is a very good variance simulator called swongsim that can be used to model the variance in HUSNG's

if we use chiggy as an example:

on sky for a 2% ROI you need a 53.5% ITM

if we took 8000 players with an expected ITM of 53.5% and had them play 2k games on sky here's what the results would look like:

text:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Effective    Specified        Simulation
    Place    Finish Distribution    Finish Distribution
    1    53.5%              53.506719%
    ITM    53.5%              53.506719%
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8000  simulations of  2000  games
    Expected ROI (with rakeback/bonus/award): 1.9%  (38 Buyins)
    99%     had ROI below   6.76%    (135 Buyins)
    97.5%     had ROI below   6.00%    (120 Buyins)
    95%     had ROI below   5.33%    (107 Buyins)
    90%     had ROI below   4.66%    (93 Buyins)
    80%     had ROI below   3.71%    (74 Buyins)
    70%     had ROI below   3.04%    (61 Buyins)
    60%     had ROI below   2.47%    (49 Buyins)
    50%     had ROI below   1.90%    (38 Buyins)
    40%     had ROI below   1.33%    (27 Buyins)
    30%     had ROI below   0.85%    (17 Buyins)
    20%     had ROI below   0.19%    (4 Buyins)
    10%     had ROI below   -0.77%    (-15 Buyins)
      5%     had ROI below   -1.53%    (-31 Buyins)
      2.5%     had ROI below   -2.29%    (-46 Buyins)
      1%     had ROI below   -3.24%    (-65 Buyins)
      99%     had a downswing greater than   17 buyins
      97.5%     had a downswing greater than   19 buyins
      95%     had a downswing greater than   21 buyins
      90%     had a downswing greater than   23 buyins
      80%     had a downswing greater than   27 buyins
      70%     had a downswing greater than   30 buyins
      60%     had a downswing greater than   33 buyins
      50%     had a downswing greater than   36 buyins
      40%     had a downswing greater than   40 buyins
      30%     had a downswing greater than   44 buyins
      20%     had a downswing greater than   51 buyins
      10%     had a downswing greater than   61 buyins
      5%     had a downswing greater than   71 buyins
      2.5%     had a downswing greater than   80 buyins
      1%     had a downswing greater than   92 buyins
      99%     had a low point lower than   0 buyins
      97.5%     had a low point lower than   0 buyins
      95%     had a low point lower than   -1 buyins
      90%     had a low point lower than   -2 buyins
      80%     had a low point lower than   -4 buyins
      70%     had a low point lower than   -7 buyins
      60%     had a low point lower than   -10 buyins
      50%     had a low point lower than   -14 buyins
      40%     had a low point lower than   -18 buyins
      30%     had a low point lower than   -23 buyins
      20%     had a low point lower than   -31 buyins
      10%     had a low point lower than   -43 buyins
      5%     had a low point lower than   -55 buyins
      2.5%     had a low point lower than   -65 buyins
      1%     had a low point lower than   -81 buyins
      99%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   233 games
      97.5%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   284 games
      95%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   326 games
      90%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   394 games
      80%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   498 games
      70%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   603 games
      60%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   709 games
      50%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   818 games
      40%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   952 games
      30%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1118 games
      20%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1355 games
      10%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1681 games
      5%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1880 games
      2.5%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1958 games
      1%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1993 games

and to visualise:

http://pasteboard.co/2GpkCiIs.png

so 20% of the time a player with a true winrate of 53.5% would breakeven or worse over a 2k sample on sky.

-----------

with regard to cracking the £100+ level do the regs up there protect their lobbies? if so establihing at the hypers will be like playing a high-stakes game of chicken with your bankrolls.

• edited March 2016
    there is a very good variance simulator called swongsim that can be used to model the variance in HUSNG's if we use chiggy as an example: on sky for a 2% ROI you need a 53.5% ITM if we took 8000 players with an expected ITM of 53.5% and had them play 2k games on sky here's what the results would look like: text: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Effective    Specified        Simulation Place    Finish Distribution    Finish Distribution 1    53.5%              53.506719% ITM    53.5%              53.506719% --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 8000  simulations of  2000  games Expected ROI (with rakeback/bonus/award): 1.9%  (38 Buyins) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 99%     had ROI below   6.76%    (135 Buyins) 97.5%     had ROI below   6.00%    (120 Buyins) 95%     had ROI below   5.33%    (107 Buyins) 90%     had ROI below   4.66%    (93 Buyins) 80%     had ROI below   3.71%    (74 Buyins) 70%     had ROI below   3.04%    (61 Buyins) 60%     had ROI below   2.47%    (49 Buyins) 50%     had ROI below   1.90%    (38 Buyins) 40%     had ROI below   1.33%    (27 Buyins) 30%     had ROI below   0.85%    (17 Buyins) 20%     had ROI below   0.19%    (4 Buyins) 10%     had ROI below   -0.77%    (-15 Buyins)   5%     had ROI below   -1.53%    (-31 Buyins)   2.5%     had ROI below   -2.29%    (-46 Buyins)   1%     had ROI below   -3.24%    (-65 Buyins) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   99%     had a downswing greater than   17 buyins   97.5%     had a downswing greater than   19 buyins   95%     had a downswing greater than   21 buyins   90%     had a downswing greater than   23 buyins   80%     had a downswing greater than   27 buyins   70%     had a downswing greater than   30 buyins   60%     had a downswing greater than   33 buyins   50%     had a downswing greater than   36 buyins   40%     had a downswing greater than   40 buyins   30%     had a downswing greater than   44 buyins   20%     had a downswing greater than   51 buyins   10%     had a downswing greater than   61 buyins   5%     had a downswing greater than   71 buyins   2.5%     had a downswing greater than   80 buyins   1%     had a downswing greater than   92 buyins ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   99%     had a low point lower than   0 buyins   97.5%     had a low point lower than   0 buyins   95%     had a low point lower than   -1 buyins   90%     had a low point lower than   -2 buyins   80%     had a low point lower than   -4 buyins   70%     had a low point lower than   -7 buyins   60%     had a low point lower than   -10 buyins   50%     had a low point lower than   -14 buyins   40%     had a low point lower than   -18 buyins   30%     had a low point lower than   -23 buyins   20%     had a low point lower than   -31 buyins   10%     had a low point lower than   -43 buyins   5%     had a low point lower than   -55 buyins   2.5%     had a low point lower than   -65 buyins   1%     had a low point lower than   -81 buyins ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   99%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   233 games   97.5%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   284 games   95%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   326 games   90%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   394 games   80%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   498 games   70%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   603 games   60%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   709 games   50%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   818 games   40%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   952 games   30%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1118 games   20%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1355 games   10%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1681 games   5%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1880 games   2.5%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1958 games   1%     had a breakeven stretch longer than   1993 games --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and to visualise: http://pasteboard.co/2GpkCiIs.png so 20% of the time a player with a true winrate of 53.5% would breakeven or worse over a 2k sample on sky. ----------- with regard to cracking the £100+ level do the regs up there protect their lobbies? if so establihing at the hypers will be like playing a high-stakes game of chicken with your bankrolls.
    Posted by TeddyBloat

Cracking post teddy!!

The regs will try to protect there lobby I have battled a few already with positive results. If I battle a reg who I decide i have an edge on I would 100% reg into every game they sat at so no reason they wouldnt do it with me also
  • edited March 2016
    Gl should be some nice battling up there.

Even without edge it might be in a regs interest spend some £££ to putting up-moving players bankrolls to the test. The husng lobbies tend to be competitive  with lots of reg v reg games at decent stakes.

Love the attitude in the thread, sure you'll do well up there