You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day:
    Thanks to all the sky/dtd staff for their efforts over the last few days.  So much hard work goes into making these events run so smoothly. Thanks all :)
    Posted by Donttelmum

+1 - The updates have been brilliant. Thanks
  • SPTSPT
    edited March 2016
    big change in the last 20 mins

leo button raised, called by edmund in the big blind

As 6h Js

Edmund check calls 1.5m

8s

check

Leo 2.5m

Edmund check raise all in, covering

fold

--

Leo down to 8m

--

Leo button shoves Q-Jss and Edmund calls bb with A-7o

Ace first card out

Leo McClean finishes 3rd

Yeung takes a 35m to 15m lead into heads up against Hoffman
  • edited March 2016

2.16am, & we are now Heads Up, after Leo McLean exited in 3rd place.

Yeung has a 2.5/1 chip lead.

Hoffman will be looking for a quick 2XUp I fancy, so this could be quite interesting.

REMINDER - The Site is due to close shortly.

• edited March 2016

thanks tikay, mr spt too.

• edited March 2016
    Any deals being reported?
  • edited March 2016
    To think Hoffman 3 outered me on river yesterday for his mtt life.  Thin margins.  He's used the chips well.
  • SPTSPT
    edited March 2016
    after a short tussle

Hoffman 1.3m otb

Yeung 2.8m in the big blind

all in

call

Hffman 4-4

Yeung A-K

10-A-A-2-8

Edmund Yeung is the 2015 Sky Poker UKPC Champion at 2.35am
  • SPTSPT
    edited March 2016
    Just champion, and £210k better off

Edmund Yeung from London

• SPTSPT
    edited March 2016
    if anyone had As-Kd let me now

or A-K any suits

or 2.35am

with the site about to go down for maintenance, we timed that quite well

thank you for reading, its goodnight from me and fork handles from him

Good night.
  • edited March 2016

Great job on the updates guys...a long slog that one.

One day people will talk about how I picked the winning table when there were twelve left.
  • edited March 2016
    Wp Mr yeung.fantastic tournament fantastic updates wd all the sky crew you deserve a holiday now and Wp DTD fantastic  hosts
  • edited March 2016
    if anyone had As-Kd let me now or A-K any suits or 2.35am with the site about to go down for maintenance, we timed that quite well thank you for reading, its goodnight from me and fork handles from him Good night.
    Posted by SPT

posted 29 feb    1:42pm

20:50

A K CLUBS
  • edited March 2016
    WP Tikay, Tighty, all the other Sky staff, dealers and everyone else who made this a great tournament. Congratulations to the winner and final tablers especially Mohican who nearly made it all the way. Can't wait for next one will be trying like mad to get into it.
  • edited March 2016
    I picked ak v 99 not a bad guess
  • edited March 2016
    Hi folks, I think I win the time competition as I had the latest time of 01:14.
    Not sure what day I want to play yet, can I tell you later this week?
    Thanks a lot, and thanks for the fantastic coverage over the last 5/6 days.
    I honestly prefer it to a live stream because it doesn't matter if you miss anything, you can just pick up from where you left it / fell asleep!!
  • edited March 2016
    Am I still in?

Well done to all those who cashed and well played Tighty, Tikay, Dan and everyone else who brought this event to life via their coverage.

Just about to get on a train to Nottingham now. To collect my car.
  • edited March 2016
    A big thank you to Tighty, Tkay and Dan on their hard work through the week. A special well done to Carl (Mohican) who I sat with throughout Day 2. Especially considering how he came back from 'a grain' when a move failed spectacularly. Great comeback!!!!
  • edited March 2016
    Just wanted to say a huge congrats to everyone involved in the UKPC game/commentary/coffee(less) sagas - truely great updates and your hard work is much appreciated.

Congrats to all the Sky players who cashed - dreams really do come true :)
  • edited March 2016
    Well played all. Congrats on getting there and congrats to all who cashed. Was a great atmosphere yet again. Great commentary and posts. Well done Carl am sure it will sink in soon. See you in August? 
  • edited March 2016
    Wp to all , hope everyone had a great time. 
    Great updates from our dynamic duo, fantastic stamina guys.
    I was close but not quite 4H 4S vs QC JC 12.58am

• edited March 2016
    There is an UTG open to 550k, flatted by the deep stacked Chippie on the button, with Mohican in the BB. And Mohican jams his 4 milly+ in. Opener folds, Chippie folds, oioi, have that dead money, that's another milly without even seeing a flop. LIKE
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just seen this. I had Aces and couldn't think of how else to play it. 1.2 milly in the middle. Any reraise is pot committing and looks massive as I'm never folding, so in their eyes it goes. 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : Just seen this. I had Aces and couldn't think of how else to play it. 1.2 milly in the middle. Any reraise is pot committing and looks massive as I'm never folding, so in their eyes in goes. 
    Posted by Mohican

hey mo,

i haven't seen you around for a few days.  you been away somewhere nice?

• edited March 2016
    I picked A K v 7 7 
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks for the support and wishes people. Just read through the whole thread now and it's nice know people are sending the positives vibes. (Please send more when I'm AI with KK��). 
    If you don't know, I qualified for £16 so my ROI on this is massive. The whole tourney,trip,experience was superb and I'll deffo be trying to satellite into the next one. 
    As for being crestfallen, it was more a combination of little sleep, long days and mental overload finally being over. It was so intense at times that I even miscounted my stack(thought my 2 milly stacks were 1 milly). More of a relief and a quick chat with Simon Allen(who's appearance later on in matters to rail was a boost) over a brew in the reverted me back to my normal jovial self. 
    As for the money, plans are afoot for new bathroom,stair and landing carpet, new heating install, garden work, garage roof,stuff for the kids and couple of new tattoos. Any left may end up being punted over counter at my local Yamaha dealers. 
    Once again, thanks for the support, it means a lot. Hopefully it'll inspire someone else to make the most of their shot at a big pay day. 
    Regards,
    Mohican. 
    P.s. Thanks to Dave Thompson for a cheeky rail in the arvo. Also Tx to Chris Jones,who was railing the EM,for lending some support to me as well. Its massive seeing a friendly face and a cheer when you win a hand. 

• edited March 2016

Afternoon all.

The timing of the finish last night was amazing, after it ended, we did the various interviews & photos etc, then I came back to the lappie to say "that's a wrap, night all & thank you for reading" at exactly 3am, & the site closed down as I typed it.

I'll settle the competition & prizes tomorrow, & that may apply to all the other UKPC related Forum Fun Comps we ran during UKPC. I eventually left DTD at 0330, & drove back to London, arriving home at 0630, which was a 23 hour day, so I'm not in good shape today, head is all over the place, & I'll struggle to organise all the prizes today. I've also got a mountain of mail to reply to, & a bunch of other stuff, too. Please bear with me.

That MAY mean some of you miss your prizes for tonight's Tuesday Turbo. My apologies for that, but ALL prizes will be honoured, & will roll forward to next week where necessary.

• edited March 2016
    A big thank you to Tighty, Tkay and Dan on their hard work through the week. A special well done to Carl (Mohican) who I sat with throughout Day 2. Especially considering how he came back from 'a grain' when a move failed spectacularly. Great comeback!!!!
    Posted by joesman1
    Some sage words and advice from you helped too, esp away from the tables supping a couple of beers post day two. 
  • edited March 2016
    Just read all this,felt like i was playing again lol.
    Want to say thanks to all you railers and words of suport also Tikay and rich prew for all the reporting, "the elderly maniac" i like that its got a ring to it, not sure about the simpson chap.

Regards  EM   lol
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : I desperately want Mohican to win. He has been playing for such a long time and has waited so patiently for a day like this.  A bit of Sky Poker history for you all - Mohican was the first player I ever knocked out of a tournament, back at an old SPT one-dayer in Luton in early 2010. He's been a dear friend ever since and he deserves this so much.
    Posted by Bromley023

must have been the only player you knocked out then,,lol
  • edited March 2016
    Just read all this,felt like i was playing again lol. Want to say thanks to all you railers and words of suport also Tikay and rich prew for all the reporting, "the elderly maniac" i like that its got a ring to it, not sure about the simpson chap. Regards  EM   lol
    Posted by andrew1947
    Congrats to both yourself and Carl, a valiant effort by the pair of you.

Many thanks to Tikay and the team for the updates.