You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited February 2016
    break. again

going 200-400k

Yeung 16m
    Hoffman 14m
    McClean 10m
    Lee 4m
    Jones 4m

that level was a bit "phoney war", not too much going on, plenty of raise and fold

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day:
    You are not missing anything, as nothing is happening. It's all bet/fold stuff. Mohican has about 5 Milly, which is 15 Bigs, though blinds go up in 5 mins, so that'll be 12 Bigs. Good luck anyone who guessed it would finish before midnight. Tonight.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Would be a shame if UKPC Final is still going after 3am........

......and SKY POKER is out of action for 5 hours. 

Or is that just Tournaments TiKay?? 

......or is it your round at the bar and ALL of the SKY Team don't want to miss out??
  • edited February 2016
    They're only on yet another break.  I'm calling a stewards enquiry on today's competition.
  • edited February 2016
    Come on Mohican lad!

Do it for every rec at Sky poker!

#TakeItDown
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : Would be a shame if UKPC Final is still going after 3am........ ......and SKY POKER is out of action for 5 hours.  Or is that just Tournaments TiKay?  ......or is it your round at the bar and ALL of the SKY Team don't want to miss out??
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    The entire platform will close down for "scheduled maintenance" at 3am, so if it's not finished then - & it may not be, that'll be it, nothing we can do about it.

I'm quite keen to go home, too, I've been encamped here for 6 days.

The bar? I'm teetotal, don't ever go near bars.
  • edited February 2016

I sense the 3 Big Stacks are waiting (hoping) the 2 shorties bust, which gives them a big ladder, & then they'll start getting stuck in. 

The Biggies are sort of steering clear of each other at the mo, as the potential ladder is pretty big.

• edited February 2016

1     £210,000
    2      £125,000
    3      £83,500
    4      £55,000
    5      £40,000
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : The entire platform will close down for "scheduled maintenance" at 3am, so if it's not finished then - & it may not be, that'll be it, nothing we can do about it. I'm quite keen to go home, too, I've been encamped here for 6 days. The bar? I'm teetotal, don't ever go near bars.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wonderful job you've ALL done too. Many many thanks
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : I desperately want Mohican to win. He has been playing for such a long time and has waited so patiently for a day like this.  A bit of Sky Poker history for you all - Mohican was the first player I ever knocked out of a tournament, back at an old SPT one-dayer in Luton in early 2010. He's been a dear friend ever since and he deserves this so much.
    Posted by Bromley023
    are you maried ? If not would you like to start a family :)
  • edited March 2016

Oh my, Mohican exits in a real ugly one.
  • edited March 2016

The other shortie shoves with A-J, Mohican calls with K-K.

Flop is a brutal J-J-8, & the salt in the wound turn is an Ace, for good measure. 

Nasty stuff.

• edited March 2016

Mohican looks, as you would expect, crestfallen.

He played great, enjoyed himself, & gave us all a good sweat.

What a game this poker is, eh?

• edited March 2016

Tomorrow morning, someone will post that they lost with 9-9 v A-K on Sky Poker & it's rigged..... 
  • edited March 2016
    The other shortie shoves with A-J, Mohican calls with K-K. Flop is a brutal J-J-8, & the salt in the wound turn is an 8.  Nasty stuff.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    OUCH...... very unlucky Mohican. 

GREAT GAME and really really  well played
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : Your first ever post flighty is a lead balloon.
    Posted by chilling
    Should stick to Air Traffic Control.

I backed JOT'EM DOWN yesterday at Plumpton Chill..... owned by local bloke from next door village where my daughter works. Jot it down as its a long term 3 mile chaser in the making and hopefully will replace THE GIANT BOLSTER for him.
  • edited March 2016
    What a game poker is eh, you can win 40k, 2 years wage for a lot of people, and still feel gutted. Don't blame him either but sure in the cming weeks that 40k will feel much better, WP sir and enjoy
  • edited March 2016
    Mohican looks, as you would expect, crestfallen. He played great, enjoyed himself, & gave us all a good sweat. What a game this poker is, eh?  
    Posted by Tikay10

Unlucky but really well played.  Hopefully not too crestfallen, waking up with 40 large in his pocket might help him feel better.
  • edited March 2016

Very well played MOHICAN. awesome performance.
      And well played to all the SKY team.
  • edited March 2016
    Looks like even my ambitious 01.11am wasn't nearly ambitious enough.......

I think you better re-book the hotel rooms TiKay.

Nice one Chill btw..... No, not a whisper, but I follow his horses anyway coz he's local. It ran a very promising race in 5th at Towcester last time....... trust your eyes...... (:D}

EDIT: Great to see that SKYBET were the first company to go Non Runner No Bet today on all races at Cheltenham
  • edited March 2016
    Looks like even my ambitious 01.11am wasn't nearly ambitious enough....... I think you better re-book the hotel rooms TiKay. Nice one Chill btw
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Did anyone go for later or have you got this locked up?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : Did anyone go for later or have you got this locked up?
    Posted by TwoAnchors
    Not sure......certainly didn't see anyone as late as me in the early exchanges, but possibly we should all have waited 'til near the end of Late reg.  .......... LOL
  • SPTSPT
    edited March 2016
    blind on blind

Lee ships 5m at 250k-500k

McClean insta calls with Q-10ss playing 8m

good call, Lee has Q-5

10-8-6-K-Q

Ho Yin Lee is out 4th
  • edited March 2016
    Last hand at 22.22pm (ducky bedtime) Winning hand 2s2d vs 7c8c  :D Good luck everyone!
    Posted by mrsduck
    Pity you didn't go for the SET (02.22) instead of QUADS Ducky

....hope the Ducks winning hand comes off if my stab doesn't.

EDIT: just scrawled thru and Mouska went for 01.14pm which I think was latest.... I shouldda checked before end of late reg........I knew it would be a late one.......sigh. Hope orig. entry times were taken down and no one changed their guess after time..... My devious mind
  • edited March 2016
    Misty's like a bargain hunter,or a coupon collector,he always smells of roses.
    Posted by chilling
    I had thought of something rude in answer to this..... but I don't want to offend the person......(:D}
  • edited March 2016
    Ooh you are awfull, but I like you.
    Posted by chilling
    That was Dicky.......not Ducky

Any action there Tikay??? ....or is everyone 'pooped out' ???

EDIT: I presume due to the platform shutting down anyway, updates have finished...... Still always nice to be kept in suspenders.

.....and on that note..... "Time 4 Bed" said Zebedee
  • SPTSPT
    edited March 2016
    At 300-600k ra 75k now each playing 25-30x bb and dont see any mistakes being made

Leo still the short-stack of the three but somehow the most aggro too. Playing 13-15m he can get away with a lot given these pay jumps, or so it seems to me, just can't be called light and can shove/bet wide

looking like a late one
  • edited March 2016

Players are on another break now.
  • edited March 2016

These 3 boys are playing some lovely poker now, they've stepped up the aggro level, but with all the players still being deep stacked, (30 Bigs average or similar) it could go on for a while yet.

If the site closed for the scheduled maintenance, that'll be it, it is not due back until 8am, so the Live Update will be curtailed.  

• edited March 2016
    Thanks to all the sky/dtd staff for their efforts over the last few days.  So much hard work goes into making these events run so smoothly.

Thanks all :)
  • edited March 2016
    At 300-600k ra 75k now each playing 25-30x bb and dont see any mistakes being made Leo still the short-stack of the three but somehow the most aggro too. Playing 13-15m he can get away with a lot given these pay jumps, or so it seems to me, just can't be called light and can shove/bet wide looking like a late one
    Posted by SPT
    Great Job there Tighty......Many thanks to you, TiKay and all the team, and to Rob, Simon and all at DTD too, Great event once again. Look forward to seeing the updates in the morning