You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day

15678911»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    just a few words about the weekend well done to Carlin his 5th position finnish, and it was nice to see some old friends,and new,and the SKY boys Richard Prew and Dan doing there bit to keep it going and update us all weekend, the DTD dealers, and staff were first class as usual.
    I spent a lot of time with Andrew Garland listening to his bad beat storys, if you don't know or have heard his storys, you have been blessed. as there go on and on and on n on n on n on.
    I even met a man of many many years old made Andrew1947 look like a kid,he is or thinks he is a COMIEDIAN,  funny looking runt of a man, think I heard someone call him PK, must be sum sort of NUT.

WELL DONE TO ALL THAT CASHED,AND TOOK PART.
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks to all for the updates/competitions/general info, following the main event especially with 2 respected Sky players haveing a deeeeeeeeeeeep run was really interesting.

I'll make it to DTD one day....
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day:
    Thanks for the support and wishes people. Just read through the whole thread now and it's nice know people are sending the positives vibes. (Please send more when I'm AI with KK��).  If you don't know, I qualified for £16 so my ROI on this is massive. The whole tourney,trip,experience was superb and I'll deffo be trying to satellite into the next one.  As for being crestfallen, it was more a combination of little sleep, long days and mental overload finally being over. It was so intense at times that I even miscounted my stack(thought my 2 milly stacks were 1 milly). More of a relief and a quick chat with Simon Allen(who's appearance later on in matters to rail was a boost) over a brew in the reverted me back to my normal jovial self.  As for the money, plans are afoot for new bathroom,stair and landing carpet, new heating install, garden work, garage roof,stuff for the kids and couple of new tattoos. Any left may end up being punted over counter at my local Yamaha dealers.  Once again, thanks for the support, it means a lot. Hopefully it'll inspire someone else to make the most of their shot at a big pay day.  Regards, Mohican.  P.s. Thanks to Dave Thompson for a cheeky rail in the arvo. Also Tx to Chris Jones,who was railing the EM,for lending some support to me as well. Its massive seeing a friendly face and a cheer when you win a hand. 
    Posted by Mohican
    Told you I had a good feeling.  Great result mate - the Bromleys are very chuffed for you - must be toblerorange karma :)
  • edited March 2016

What a nightmare it's been trying to settle THIS one......

Reminder, this was the Competition that Tighty set up;

"going to do a quick competition today

tikay, prizes please

Deadline for entries is 6pm

1. Name the time the last hand finishes today

2. Name the winning hand, cards and suits. in the event of duplicates, the first correct guess wins. If no correct guess we'll go to the correct hand, incorrect suits and pick the first person who got that"
  • edited March 2016

Nearest to the correct time

Looks like "mouska" got that, with a prediction of 01.14, who beat TwoAnchors by 13 minutes. Nobody got even close to 02.35, & to be fair, none of us expected - or hoped - for that.

• edited March 2016

Winning Hand

Yikes.

No less than EIGHT people predicted that, though nobody got the suits right. Commiserations to TheDart, who correctly predicted BOTH hands (A-K v 4-4) but the wrong way round, as 4-4 lost, & wrong suits for the AK. 

So by the rules, the first one to predict AK (wrong suits) gets the prize - I think - & that would be "ItsOver4U" as far as I can see.

• edited March 2016

I'll not organise the entries for this one yet, in case there are any objections, or a Stewards Inquiry.

If not, I'll sort it tomorrow.

• edited March 2016
    I'll not organise the entries for this one yet, in case there are any objections, or a Stewards Inquiry. If not, I'll sort it tomorrow.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, can I go into Friday nights BH please?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : Tikay, can I go into Friday nights BH please?
    Posted by mouska
    Morning mouska,

Well done.

Yes, I'll try & sort you an entry into tonight's £33 BH Main Event.

I'll confirm later when I get confirmation, or you can check the lobby a bit later.

Good luck, hope you cash.
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks for flagging this up to me on another thread Tikay... you are a gent!

If I could go in tonights main that would be great, this will aloow me to reg into the mini and then scoop the jackpot in preperation for the next UKPC :)

Thanks
  • edited March 2016

Excellent.

I will now arrange both entries, mouska and ItsOver4u.

Leave it with me.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : Morning mouska, Well done. Yes, I'll try & sort you an entry into tonight's £33 BH Main Event. I'll confirm later when I get confirmation, or you can check the lobby a bit later. Good luck, hope you cash.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks a million, it'll be tough as i'll be waaaay out of my depth but I'll have a bash!
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : Thanks a million, it'll be tough as i'll be waaaay out of my depth but I'll have a bash!
    Posted by mouska
    Deffo, just enjoy it, you never know. Let us know how you get on, please. Love it when players get a shot like this, it's what the Comps are all about.  
  • edited March 2016

Entries requested.....

"Good morning. 

2 more Free Entries, with one exception (details awaited) these are the last of the free entries arising from UKPOC Forum Comps. 

Tournament; 

Tonight’s £33 Bounty Hunter Main Event 

Screen-names; 

mouska 

Itsover4u 

Total cost = £66. 

Thank you."
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker £1m GTD UKPC Final Day : Deffo, just enjoy it, you never know. Let us know how you get on, please. Love it when players get a shot like this, it's what the Comps are all about.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Got to first break with 4k @ 50/100.
    Just folded big hand on turn, limp from active player utg, I raise to 3x with TT, he calls. 
    Flop 299, he bets pot, I call, turn 9, he bets 1500 I call again.
    River brick 5, he puts me in for my last 4k, I folded.
    What do you think? Looking back...
    I think that if I'm calling the turn I should be calling the river.
    Problem is I couldn't put him on a hand...

• edited March 2016
    Just after break I lost a pot AK v AQ, Q on turn, I bet all 3 streets.
    Final hand with 2k aipf TT v the same active player I folded to earlier.
    He showed AA for the 3rd time that I know of!
    Ah well, I'll get over it!

Looking back at the hand before, I know that had I been playing at a level I'm comfortable at I'm calling the river.
    Should have gone for it, after all I've lost nothing.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity, sat with Chicknmelt and learnt a lot, just steady consistent aggression.
    It's the future!
  • edited March 2016

^^^^

Great stuff mouska, sounds like you really enjoyed the experience, which is the whole idea.

We'll run some more Forum Fun comps once I get my post UKPC backlog cleared, keep entering & you might get another chance.