You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER ICE_TIGER

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Ok I'm up for the stress again lol ;) 
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: POKER "RYDER CUP": IRISHROSE GETS THE SOUTH OVER THE LINE AFTER A SPIRITED FIGHT BACK FROM THE NORTH!:
    In Response to Re: POKER "RYDER CUP": IRISHROSE GETS THE SOUTH OVER THE LINE AFTER A SPIRITED FIGHT BACK FROM THE NORTH! :  So long as I don't have to play the 4 card game then it would add a bit of variety! I wonder if Sky could provide us with a couple of private tables (like with the monthly TPT game) that were password protected.  Suspect this would take a lot of the short term stress out of coordinating watches to join tables etc. Fingers crossed we can get this going Graham. Cheers Matt
    Posted by mattprawn

Matty 4 cards Is fun even I can play it sometimes lol

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: POKER "RYDER CUP": IRISHROSE GETS THE SOUTH OVER THE LINE AFTER A SPIRITED FIGHT BACK FROM THE NORTH!:
    In Response to Re: POKER "RYDER CUP": IRISHROSE GETS THE SOUTH OVER THE LINE AFTER A SPIRITED FIGHT BACK FROM THE NORTH! : 2nd January is the Final of the Midlands Grosvenor Christmas Cracker (Semi Final is 28th December). Don't know if the dates are the same around the country but it could restrict players that like to play live poker on those dates. Like the suggestions for a mix of games although care needs to be taken over "re-matches" when the game changes between the same players.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

Currently the game doesn't change between the same players. If you are refering to the fourballs (match5), the game only changes when the players change. Although that does give me an idea to have one or two of the singles as a "MIX" game. Playing two, PLO, two PLO8 and two NLHE.

May have to have a vote on dates. (28th Dec, 29th Dec, 2nd Jan) What do people prefer?

• edited October 2016
    Please post here if you are interested in playing and if you have any questions, you can post here or ask your captain.

(DarkAngel7 for the North and Misty4Me for the South)

If the captains can explain the format to any "newbies" that would be great. We can start recruiting players now, and hopefully have teams finalised by the End of November, so plenty of time to get everyone that is interested in playing, involved.

This is open to ANYONE (that is free at the allotted time and prepared to donate £20 to the captain's charities.)

So please do enter, regardless of what standard you think you are, there is no such thing as "not good enough" for this comp.

You do however need to sign up before the end of November, so we can plan the match schedule accordingly. 

One thing that is important though, if you do enter, you need to be reliable, flexible and available for the time period decided upon. Otherwise it makes it very stressful from an organisational point of view. Of course there is always something that may turn up at the last minute, preventing you from playing, and we will have a procedure in place to deal with this.

However, if too many people become unavailable, it may spoil it for others. Players will be asked to re-confirm their availability on the thread a couple of days before the competition starts.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Massive thanks, once again, to our captains, can you please start thinking about your chosen charities, and post on here when you have decided what they are. TY.
  • edited October 2016
    Potential schedule amended to add two more singles matches and incorporate more NLHE and MIX games. Assumes 8 a side: (MIX games will be two PLO8, followed by two, PLO, followed by two NLHE)

Hopefully the addition of PLO and PLO8 will get some PLOPPERS involved. (And keep a certain Mr Milton happy, at least until he gets beat at his own game) :=)

OVERALL SCORE            
    NORTH 0 SOUTH

RYDER CUP “FOURSOMES” GAME (FIVE GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)
            MATCH SCORE      
    MATCH NO NORTH PLAYER SOUTH PLAYER
    NORTH SOUTH NTH COMB STH COMB RESULT
    ONE PLAYER A PLAYER A NLHE

0 0
    ONE PLAYER B PLAYER B NLHE

TWO PLAYER C PLAYER C PLO8

0 0
    TWO PLAYER D PLAYER D PLO8

THREE PLAYER E PLAYER E PLO

0 0
    THREE PLAYER F PLAYER F NLHE

RYDER CUP “FOURBALLS”
    (THREE GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)
            MATCH SCORE      
    FOUR PLAYER 1 PLAYER 1 NLHE

0 0
    FOUR PLAYER 2 PLAYER 2 NLHE

FOUR PLAYER 1 PLAYER 2 NLHE

FOUR PLAYER 2 PLAYER 1 NLHE

FIVE PLAYER 3 PLAYER 3 PLO

0 0
    FIVE PLAYER 4 PLAYER 4 PLO

FIVE PLAYER 3 PLAYER 4 PLO8

FIVE PLAYER 4 PLAYER 3 PLO8

SIX PLAYER 5 PLAYER 5 NLHE

0 0
    SIX PLAYER 6 PLAYER 6 NLHE

SIX PLAYER 5 PLAYER 6 NLHE

SIX PLAYER 6 PLAYER 5 NLHE

RYDER CUP “SINGLES”
    (SIX GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)
            MATCH SCORE      
    SEVEN PLAYER S PLAYER S NLHE

0 0

EIGHT PLAYER T PLAYER T MIX

0 0

NINE PLAYER U PLAYER U NLHE

0 0

TEN PLAYER V PLAYER V PLO8

0 0

ELEVEN PLAYER W PLAYER W NLHE

0 0

TWELVE PLAYER X PLAYER X MIX

0 0

THIRTEEN PLAYER Y PLAYER Y NLHE

0 0

FOURTEEN PLAYER Z PLAYER Z NLHE

0 0

• edited October 2016
    All sounds great to me. I'm not into the 4 cards but great to have it in for those who are.
    Really enjoyed it, would love to be picked again but happy to stay in reserve to allow those who didn't play last time to be involved.
    Great to see that all the hard work was worth it.
    Donald
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: POKER XMAS "RYDER CUP": SIGN UP HERE. ALL WELCOME. ONE DAY EVENT. DATE TBC. EITHER 28th OR 29th, DEC OR 2nd JAN:
    All sounds great to me. I'm not into the 4 cards but great to have it in for those who are. Really enjoyed it, would love to be picked again but happy to stay in reserve to allow those who didn't play last time to be involved. Great to see that all the hard work was worth it. Donald
    Posted by thisltedu

Hi Donald great to have you onboard again. No need to be a reserve,

In fact we shouldn't need ANY reserves as such. The captains will make their picks, all it means is that not all players will play three matches as before, but hopefully everyone who wants in, will play at least two matches.

This will leave a couple of people "spare" to fill in if needed. Depending on how it goes we may try to make it so that everyone plays a singles match, as per the actual Ryder Cup, but this will be decided during the comp based on player availability. I will "expand" or "shrink" the schedule based on number of runners and perecentage of PLOPPERS involved.

Glad you are joining us once again, you were an instrumental part of the "trial".

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: POKER XMAS "RYDER CUP": SIGN UP HERE. ALL WELCOME. ONE DAY EVENT. DATE TBC. EITHER 28th OR 29th, DEC OR 2nd JAN:
    I'd like to nominate Tikay for the South. Sign the petition here.
    Posted by chilling

TK of course would be more than welcome, I do however, doubt he'd be available over the time period involved.

Would be great if he could play though, for sure.

I'll also have a word with Ian Simpson, to see if he will represent the North.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    I'd like to be involved again, space permitting

Phil
  • edited October 2016
    OI Tikay was born in Derbyshire so is a northerner. So NO! lol not having a ringer on plo8 tables 
  • edited October 2016
    I'd like to be involved again, space permitting Phil
    Posted by Essexphil

Yes of course Phil. I will make sure that there is "space" for everyone who signs up before the end of November.

I will adjust the fixture spreadsheet according to the number of players.

You are a most welcome part of TEAM SOUTH. :=)
  • edited October 2016
    Did someone mention plo8.
    Champs in for the north.
    With a bit of luck,
    I'll be able to get revenge, and spank the Monkey.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: POKER XMAS "RYDER CUP": SIGN UP HERE. ALL WELCOME. ONE DAY EVENT. DATE TBC. EITHER 28th OR 29th, DEC OR 2nd JAN : Oi, Tikay lives very close to Roseeeee. What are you like.                               ! PS. The elderly and lonely need checking on over Christmas.
    Posted by chilling
    ......and he's got the worst Northern accent I've ever heard
  • edited October 2016
    Did someone mention plo8. Champs in for the north. With a bit of luck, I'll be able to get revenge, and spank the Monkey.
    Posted by ajmilton

absolutely killing myself laughing at this......can't wait to see it

NICE ONE Aj
  • edited October 2016
    TEAMS SO FAR (Please let me know if I have missed anyone in the player list below:)

NORTH

CAPTAIN: DARKANGEL7

PLAYERS:

ICE_TIGER
    MAXALLY
    MATTPRAWN
    THISLTEDU
    AJMILTON

SOUTH

CAPTAIN: MISTY4ME

PLAYERS:

MISTY4ME
    MONKEYGLB
    STAYORGO
    ESSEXPHIL

DARKANGEL.  Misty has requested to be a playing captain, which is absolutely fine.

Please let me know if you would also like to do this.

When we have a provisional list at the end of November, we will vote on the day that it will take place.

The options are, 28th Dec, 29th Dec or 2nd Jan.

If there is a big difference between the number of players in the North and South teams, we may need one or two to jump ship, based on some long lost relative being born in the rivals half. We will cross this bridge if and when it comes to it.

This way we should be able to accommodate all who want to play.

A day or two before it takes place, I will ask the players involved to re-confirm their availability via this thread.

Cheers,

G

• edited October 2016
    Hi all

I'm sure the Christmas Ryder Cup will be even better (if that's possible!!) than the most recent one - but unfortunately I've had to decide to opt out of it as I can't guarantee to be available over the time frame.  It's very hard for me to be online during the day if hubby is here - and he's off over the Xmas break so impossible for me to commit.

I'll however be railing as much as I can and will send lucky leprechaun magic to the South :)

Gutted to miss it - but would hate even more to let you all down.  If for some reason you're short of players on the day and I'm online I'll happily sub.
  • edited October 2016
    Hi all I'm sure the Christmas Ryder Cup will be even better (if that's possible!!) than the most recent one - but unfortunately I've had to decide to opt out of it as I can't guarantee to be available over the time frame.  It's very hard for me to be online during the day if hubby is here - and he's off over the Xmas break so impossible for me to commit. I'll however be railing as much as I can and will send lucky leprechaun magic to the South :) Gutted to miss it - but would hate even more to let you all down.  If for some reason you're short of players on the day and I'm online I'll happily sub.
    Posted by IrishRose

Hi Rose, you will be missed, but I do understand that the timeframe is not going to suit all.

We may well take you up on being a reserve if things pan out that way, and you end up being available for a short while.

It won't be quite the same without our "golden girl" that sank the winning putt for the South.

Will be great if you get a chance to rail.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Non playing captain unless really have to. soooo happy rose isn't in it again can rail full pelt now lmao

Any day be OK 
  • edited October 2016
    Non playing captain unless really have to. soooo happy rose isn't in it again can rail full pelt now lmao Any day be OK 
    Posted by Darkangel7

Hi Dark, TY for the reponse, non playing captain is fine.

Mist/Dark, feel free to approach anyone to join your team between now and the end of November!

The more the merrier, and also the more players we have, the more money we raise for your charities. (The plan is to charge each player a £20 entry fee, with all proceeds going to the Ryder Cup Captain's charity's)

Also, if there are any kind souls out the that don't want to play, but are willing to donate to the Ryder Cup prize pool, please post on here.

On that note, have you both decided on your chosen charities as yet?

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Not decided yet G. Still thinking will need to do some research. 
  • edited October 2016
    Not decided yet G. Still thinking will need to do some research. 
    Posted by Darkangel7

OK, just post on here when decided.

People will then know where their money is going to.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    My nominated charity is......Trinity Hospice in Clapham Common
  • edited October 2016
    My nominated charity is......Trinity Hospice in Clapham Common
    Posted by Darkangel7

Thanks Donna, that is a truely great charity. I know your loyal friend Rose will be very pleased too, as it is a charity close to her heart.

Rose has already secured £50 for Trinity thanks to her outstanding display in the Heads Up comp.

My parents were both born very close to Clapham, and apparently I used to love it as a kid, at Clapham Common when visiting Grand Parents.

Incidentally, Trinity Hospice, Clapham, will be my chosen charity for the TLB2017 Leader Board Comp, in recognition of the enthusiasm and support that Rose has shown, both last year and this year.

I hope between us all, we can raise some well deserved funds for Trinity Hospice.

The monies raised from the £20 entry fee, per player, for the Xmas Ryder Cup comp, will be split 70%/30% between the winner's and runner up's charity. If it ends in a draw it will be split 50/50.

Cheers,

G.

P.S. Misty have you decided upon your charity as yet?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: POKER XMAS:
    In Response to Re: POKER XMAS "RYDER CUP": SIGN UP HERE. ALL WELCOME. ONE DAY EVENT. DATE TBC. EITHER 28th OR 29th, DEC OR 2nd JAN : Thanks Donna, that is a truely great charity . I know your loyal friend Rose will be very pleased too, as it is a charity close to her heart. Rose has already secured £50 for Trinity thanks to her outstanding display in the Heads Up comp. My parents were both born very close to Clapham, and apparently I used to love it as a kid, at Clapham Common when visiting Grand Parents. Incidentally, Trinity Hospice, Clapham, will be my chosen charity for the TLB2017 Leader Board Comp , in recognition of the enthusiasm and support that Rose has shown , both last year and this year. I hope between us all, we can raise some well deserved funds for Trinity Hospice . The monies raised from the £20 entry fee, per player, for the Xmas Ryder Cup comp , will be split 70%/30% between the winner's and runner up's charity. If it ends in a draw it will be split 50/50 . Cheers, G. P.S. Misty have you decided upon your charity as yet?
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi G

I was going to say the Injured Jockey's Fund because of the amount of pleasure I get from what is a very dangerous sport, when just 1 fall for a jockey can end their career, and on very rare occasions, even their life, but I dont know how my team mates would feel about that. If people are ok with it, then i nominate the Injured Jockey's Fund....... otherwise I would say the same charity as Donna (Angel). 
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: POKER XMAS:
    In Response to Re: POKER XMAS : Hi G I was going to say the Injured Jockey's Fund because of the amount of pleasure I get from what is a very dangerous sport, when just 1 fall for a jockey can end their career, and on very rare occasions, even their life, but I dont know how my team mates would feel about that. If people are ok with it, then i nominate the Injured Jockey's Fund....... otherwise I would say the same charity as Donna (Angel). 
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Hi Mist.

I think the Injured Jockey's Fund is fine.

If anyone does has any objections, please let me know. (Either on this thread, or via PM)

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Little g playing for the North again :P just asked him and he said yes!

Great charity Misty no problem with it at all. xx
  • edited October 2016
    Little g playing for the North again :P just asked him and he said yes! Great charity Misty no problem with it at all. xx
    Posted by Darkangel7

Really Donna? You've done better than me lol. He's at my house atm.

He's downstairs, I'm upstairs, and I haven't been able to get him to agree to play in it lol. :=)

I do fear the hours won't suit him, so leave him as a provisional for now. I just went down to speak to him about it, but he's deep in several MTT's, so didn't really get a response, just a grunt cos I was disturbing him.

He really is a very polite lad, just not to his Dad when he's in the middle of a Poker session lol or when he's only had 4 hours sleep. :=)

Cheers,

Big G
  • edited November 2016
    Limp2Lose is now a confirmed runner for the North (Thanks to DarkAngel, :=))

Most people that I have spoken to, prefer to do this on Mon 2nd Jan 2017. (Bank Holiday)

Is there any existing players that can't make the 2nd Jan?

We still need a couple more players for the South. Sign up here before Nov 30th if interested. Players need to be fully available between 11am and 6pm on the day of the event.

Currently it looks as if it will be six a side as before, but if more people want to play, we can increase that to 8 or even possibly 12, depending on how many people want toplay

TEAMS SO FAR (Please let me know if I have missed anyone in the player list below:)

NORTH

CAPTAIN: DARKANGEL7

PLAYERS:

ICE_TIGER
    MAXALLY
    MATTPRAWN
    THISLTEDU
    AJMILTON
    LIMP2LOSE

SOUTH

CAPTAIN: MISTY4ME

PLAYERS:

MISTY4ME
    MONKEYGLB
    STAYORGO
    ESSEXPHIL
    GELDY?

• edited November 2016
    See told ya ;) not got the angel touch lmao
  • edited November 2016
    I'm fine for 2 Jan.  Suspect we could do with a couple more on each team if possible, but might be easier for people to commit nearer the time.

Looking forward to it already.