You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Classic Live Update

Comments

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update:
    great updates tikay thanks for all your efforts, and the daily postcards....... by the way have you come across any bricks over there that come with any interesting facts?
    Posted by scouse_red
    ALL bricks are interesting, Chris, but it's the internet age & these pesky kids don't appreciate tales of Flettons, Yellow Stocks, Southwater Class B Reds or Staffordshire Class A Blues.

Virtually all of the old-fashioned railway embankments & bridges in Gt Britain are constructed in Staffordshire Blues. Lovely things, but nobody seems to care.   

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Duly delivered, & he snap doubled up with 8-8 v LyonsBob's Aces. He looks so young - I mean he can't be shaving yet, can he? - that I almost feel like I should give him a cuddle & tell him a bedtime story.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    'Misty Magic' works thousands of miles away.....Thanks Tikay. Just gutted it was against my mate Mike..... at least I taught him how to stop SHANKING !
  • edited October 2016

Man Overboard Alert

Groggs is history.

He lost most of his stack with Aces against - would you believe it? - LyonsBob.

It came jack high on the flop, & our Bob had Q-J, & somehow did a get with runner-runner flush.

A swift 2xUp followed, & then this coup de grace arose....

He has J-6 in a limped pot, & sees the trip-licious 6-6-4 flop. To cut to the chase, villain had, improbably, pocket 4's for the flopped boat, & Groggs, who still had plenty of outs, failed to get there.

Anyway, at least he can get an early night. Took his defeat well, too, just like a grown-up.   
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : 'Misty Magic' works thousands of miles away.....Thanks Tikay. Just gutted it was against my mate Mike..... at least I taught him how to stop SHANKING !
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    ^^^^

MiSTY MAGIC needs repairing. ;)
  • edited October 2016
    Selected Chip Counts, midway through Level 5; CxE1 = 17,000 LyonsBob = 35,000 Groggs = 24,000 (doubled up in ugly style v LyonsBob) SHANXTA = 36,000 GlencoeLad = 38,000 Dog Bloke = 12,000 Like2BiteU = 18,000 Nicer man with thinning hair = 30,000 The Boy Nutter = 23,000 gonedoggin = 55,000 (one wonders what he got up to in the dinner break) InsWinHere = 35,000 dameflop = 30,000
    Posted by Tikay10
    Whatever it was, it obviously worked........ Its the sausage and the bun I feel sorry for
  • edited October 2016

Lady Overboard Alert

dameflop is OUTO in a horror beat.

Having barely played a hand all night, she found the Aces, popped it up & got 2 optimistic callers.

The J high flop looked pretty good, she bet out & Mr Hopeful 3 bet here.

Lesley was having none of this & shoved the rest of her 30,000 in, & our man snap called with J-Q, thinking his Jack was good. It was when it came runner runner spades for the backdoor flush.  

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : ^^^^ MiSTY MAGIC needs repairing. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Got to spread the Magic......... at least it went to a good cause.

How's the SEXY1 getting on? .....Vinny

• edited October 2016

Husband Overboard Alert

Minutes later & uncannily, husband George busted in a near identical coup, when villain thought his J-Q was good on a J high flop, but then hit perfect-perfect to get there.
  • edited October 2016

Man with Thinning Hair Overboard Alert

DontTellmum has 6-6 & flops a set on the 6-7-A flop. Unforch, Villain had the Aces.

To be honest, DTM was in tears, apparently that comment from Nasty Matt Bates really touched a nerve.

"I'll be back" were DTM's parting words, though he'd struggle to make a parting with that little hair.

• edited October 2016
    Lady Overboard dameflop is OUTO in a horror beat. Having barely played a hand all night, she found the Aces, popped it up & got 2 optimistic callers. The J high flop looked pretty good, she bet out & Mr Hopeful 3 bet here.   Lesley was having none of this & shoved the rest of her 30,000 in, & our man snap called with J-Q, thinking his Jack was good. It was when it came runner runner spades for the backdoor flush.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oh no.........what a shame.

I just hope that the people who complain about SKY Poker when they lose with their AAces. read this and see that it happens LIVE too..... that's the 3rd time in the last hour or so.

EDIT: 4th time if Hubby had them too
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Oh no.........what a shame. I just hope that the people who complain about SKY Poker when they lose with their AAces. read this and see that it happens LIVE too..... that's the 3rd time in the last hour or so. EDIT: 4th time if Hubby had them too
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    THIS +1

• edited October 2016
    Excellent updates Tikay, can't sleep so got up to have a cup of tea and found this thread now I'm enthralled.

Keep up the good work.
  • edited October 2016

Biter Gets Bitten Alert

Like2BiteU is BUSTO, but has promptly re-entered.
  • edited October 2016

Level 6 comes to an end.....

CxE1 = 15,000

LyonsBob = 45,000

SHANXTA = 15,000

Dog Bloke = 15,000

The Boy Nutter = 18,000

gonedoggin = 44,000

InsWinHere = 15,000

Junior10 = 15,000
  • edited October 2016

15 minute break

Just as well, that was a brutal level for our crew.

On resumption, blinds will go 300-500-100.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Got to spread the Magic......... at least it went to a good cause. How's the SEXY1 getting on? .....Vinny
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    He's not in good shape, looks & sounds most unwell. Think he'd rather be in bed, to be honest.

He's battling away - you know what he's like - but its certainly all uphill for him right now.

PS - Vinny = SEXY1? I've heard him called a lot of things, & I've called him a few, but never that. Perhaps he has hidden talents.
  • edited October 2016
    Keep up the sterling effort TK gl to all
  • edited October 2016

Screen-Name = Birthday Overboard Alert

Sadly, we have lost 121285. No details, except he appears to have exhausted his supply of chips.

• edited October 2016
    Excellent updates Tikay, can't sleep so got up to have a cup of tea and found this thread now I'm enthralled. Keep up the good work.
    Posted by Enut
    Thanks Paul.

You been getting the lot this week at the O8 DYM's?
  • edited October 2016
    Keep up the sterling effort TK gl to all
    Posted by weecheez1
    Thanks Lord of the Cheez,

How is it going in week 1 of year 2 on Sky Poker?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : He's not in good shape, looks & sounds most unwell. Think he'd rather be in bed, to be honest. He's battling away - you know what he's like - but its certainly all uphill for him right now.   PS - Vinny = SEXY1? I've heard him called a lot of things, & I've called him a few, but never that. Perhaps he has hidden talents.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's his SKY Poker alias ....CxE1 !! It took me a while to get it too.

Send him some 'Misty Magic' for me please Tikay. Any Idea of the CL's stack??
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Thanks Paul. You been getting the lot this week at the O8 DYM's?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not been a lot to get to be honest. It seems players may be waiting for the value to return.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Not been a lot to get to be honest. It seems players may be waiting for the value to return.
    Posted by Enut
    Marv. No need for that, no need at all.
  • edited October 2016

Pony Overboard Alert

Walkies time for SHANXTA

Shame that, he is great fun.
  • edited October 2016

Boy Overboard Alert

Nutter5932 hits his flop with A-Q but villain, playing pocket fives, hits her set.

Jeez, been a tough few levels.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : That's his SKY Poker alias ....CxE1 !! It took me a while to get it too. Send him some 'Misty Magic' for me please Tikay. Any Idea of the CL's stack??
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Biggest stack I have seen so far is the guy who bust GlencoeLad, who had the fat end of 200,000 last time I looked.

He has been running super golden, & hitting everything. A nasty, mean, horrible little man who is full of himself & giving everyone plenty of chat, & not nice chat. He's God's gift to poker - or so he seems to think. Be interesting to see how he copes when Miss Variance gets the lip on with him & pays a visit.
  • edited October 2016

Hello Ta-ta

After hours of searching, & with some help from Justin, I at last found Tatapagao, who is cruising along nicely & bossing his tavle a treat.

Tata appears to be Spanish, or Spanishish, certainly from that part of the world.

Me encanta
  • edited October 2016

Ta-Ta Tata

In a splendid piece of bokking only I could manage, after not mentioning Tatapagao all evening, he busts within minutes of my first mention.

Was a 100,000 pot, & I gather he was cruelly outdrawn, though I missed the specifics.

I feel real bad for mentioning him now.
  • edited October 2016

Another ship goes missing

Junior10, who had struggled for cards all night eventually succumbs.

Bit of a nasty one, as he had intended to call but placed an oversized chip in & never said "call" so it counted as a raise. He was a bit pot stuck when villain realised what the coup was & set him in so he was kinda forced to call with a marginal.   
  • edited October 2016

Thanks to some ace detective work by Justin, we now have the details of Tata's exit.

He had 5-5 on a flop of Q-9-5 rainbow, shoved, & somehow Q-J man thought his hand was good.

It was good after the runner runner perfect perfect ugly ugly 10-8.

Nasty bit of business, that.