You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Classic Live Update

Comments

• edited October 2016

The Biter Bitten

After a splendid effort, Like2BiteU, short stacked, gets it in with A-Q, which plays pretty well in that spot. But not well enough when villain has Q-Q.

Great effort by Mr Biter.  
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update:
    Are there any side events or just the one Main?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yup, a whole bunch of Sideys, Alan, including a Main (smaller buy-in than the Classic), High Roller, Turbo, 6 Max BH, 6 Max PLO (ooohhhh) & a few other bits & bobs.

In addition, SNG's run non-stop, & the cash games are heaving.

• edited October 2016

How many left?

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Yup, a whole bunch of Sideys, Alan, including a Main (smaller buy-in than the Classic), High Roller, Turbo, 6 Max BH, 6 Max PLO (ooohhhh) & a few other bits & bobs. In addition, SNG's run non-stop, & the cash games are heaving.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Nice one. Lots for the players who are out to do then. 

.....you even might get a chance to play that PLO and relax a bit out there too? 

• edited October 2016
    Thought dave qualified? how come he wasnt in the list of sky players?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Nice one. Lots for the players who are out to do then.  .....you even might get a chance to play that PLO and relax a bit out there too? 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Would like to have played the PLO, but it was last night, which was the Day 1 all our lads played, so it was the nut worst timing, plus I had the Blog to write after play concluded. .

It was a $220 Unlimited Rebuy, & small buy-in Unlimited Rebuy PLO MTT's are a bit like playing roulette, so in truth, not too sad to miss it. I would have allocated an entry & 2 rebuys, so $660, & in all probability that's $660 saved.

I hope both our lads go through to Sunday, I really do, but if that's not the case, I'll have a little break & be able to concentrate on UKOPS stuff. It's surprisingly tiring & stressful doing these updates, as there is no privacy or peace & quiet, & players want to chat, converse, ask questions. I'm used to working from home - no interruptions, chatter, TV, background noise - so I'm a bit spoilt in that respect. 

The humidity & heat here are conducive to mosquitos & bitey things, & I've been eaten alive, so I'm not exactly feeling on top of the world, truth to tell.

All good really.       

• edited October 2016
    Great updates. Routing for the sky bods! #OneTime
  • edited October 2016
    Thought dave qualified? how come he wasnt in the list of sky players?
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    If you mean Alvez, not sure what happened (& never asked, none of my business) but for whatever reason he never made it to Punta Cana, which was a real shame. He was here last year, & always brightens up these Away trips.   
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Would like to have played the PLO, but it was last night, which was the Day 1 all our lads played, so it was the nut worst timing, plus I had the Blog to write after play concluded. .   It was a $220 Unlimited Rebuy, & small buy-in Unlimited Rebuy PLO MTT's are a bit like playing roulette, so in truth, not too sad to miss it. I would have allocated an entry & 2 rebuys, so $660, & in all probability that's $660 saved. I hope both our lads go through to Sunday, I really do, but if that's not the case, I'll have a little break & be able to concentrate on UKOPS stuff. It's surprisingly tiring & stressful doing these updates, as there is no privacy or peace & quiet, & players want to chat, converse, ask questions. I'm used to working from home - no interruptions, chatter, TV, background noise - so I'm a bit spoilt in that respect.  The humidity & heat here are conducive to mosquitos & bitey things, & I've been eaten alive, so I'm not exactly feeling on top of the world, truth to tell. All good really.         
    Posted by Tikay10

You should have taken Jeeves with you....or even Orford to take some of the strain off you. He could have even just fetched your drinks or something else he would be qualified to do ;)

Stick my name down for an assistant job for the next trip or Vegas. I would even be nice to everyone on the forum (like you have to) ;)

• edited October 2016

As the dinner break approaches......

CxE1 60,000

Poopo 140,000
  • edited October 2016
    Tikay wrote

The humidity & heat here are conducive to mosquitos & bitey things, & I've been eaten alive, so I'm not exactly feeling on top of the world, truth to tell.

Have the mosquitos no taste :-)

Though just out of curiosity does anyone know why :-
    My wife and I have been to places and dined outside where the Mosquitos are, and they tend to eat my wife and leave me alone. Obviously this annoys the wife, but I cope quite well :-)
    Before Tikay gets it in , maybe these mosquitos had taste :-)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : You should have taken Jeeves with you....or even Orford to take some of the strain off you. He could have even just fetched your drinks or something else he would be qualified to do ;) Stick my name down for an assistant job for the next trip or Vegas. I would even be nice to everyone on the forum (like you have to) ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY

that's just plain mean Alan poor tikay has enough to do already lol

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : If you mean Alvez, not sure what happened (& never asked, none of my business) but for whatever reason he never made it to Punta Cana, which was a real shame. He was here last year, & always brightens up these Away trips.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok thanks TKay yeah real shame. I'll ask him on fb
  • edited October 2016

Just been chatting with gonedoggin - he's a cracking lad - and the Devines, they are all off to the Italian Restaurant here for a spot of dinner.  

Lesley has just won her 3rd SNG from 5 attempts.

We have been very lucky with this squad of qualifiers, all of them are an absolute delight to host.   
  • edited October 2016

Play has resumed.

Blinds 3,000 - 6,000/1,000.

4 levels remain to be played today.

64 players still in.

• edited October 2016
    Play has resumed. Blinds 3,000 - 6,000/1,000. 4 levels remain to be played today. 64 players still in.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    The SEXY1 has 10BB''s.......Please deliver the 'Misty Magic' for me Tikay to help him DUp......DUp
  • edited October 2016

CxE1 60,000

spopococ - 250,000

• edited October 2016

60 players remain
  • edited October 2016
    CxE1 60,000 spopococ - 250,000
    Posted by Tikay10

GL Vinny and Spocky. :=)
  • edited October 2016

CxE1 has 80,000, with blinds 3k-6k/1k.

57 remain, with 54 to be paid. 

There are 5 stacks shorter than Vinny, though none of them less than around 50,000.

Think he's canny enough to get to the money, unless he finds a big hand & gets coolered, he'll just find the right spots to get over the line.

Meanwhile, PopsCoco has something in the 180,000 region.  

• edited October 2016
    CxE1 has 80,000, with blinds 3k-6k/1k. 57 remain, with 54 to be paid.  There are 5 stacks shorter than Vinny, though none of them less than around 50,000. Think he's canny enough to get to the money, unless he finds a big hand & gets coolered, he'll just find the right spots to get over the line.   Meanwhile, PopsCoco has something in the 180,000 region.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Probably make the Top 10

GOOD LUCK.....GOOD LUCK.....GOOD LUCK
  • edited October 2016

56 left, 54 paid.

Otherwise, "no change".
  • edited October 2016

We are on the bubble, & playing H4H.

No apologies for defusing the tension, but one unfortunate soul has just 8,000 chips. (1 Big Blind).
  • edited October 2016

A round of applause, & a series of whoops & hollers signals that the bubble has burst. 

I've not been & had a look yet, but am reasonably confident that our two guys are safe & well, & several thousand $$$'s better off.

• edited October 2016
    boooooooooom very well played both
  • edited October 2016

CxE1 - 40,000

Coco - 180,000
  • edited October 2016
    CxE1 - 40,000 Coco - 180,000
    Posted by Tikay10
    WHOOP WHOOOP WHOOOOOP !!!!!

WELL DONE  Vinny and Coco........

T4B said Zebedeeee...... I'LL LEAVE THE 'MISTY MAGIC' ON THE ROUNDABOUT
    ....... for you to use it when necessary Tikay.
  • edited October 2016

CxE1 becomes ExC1

Sadly, Vinny's run has come to an abrupt end.

He was down to around 5 bigs, & was in the big, facing an open & a jam. 

He decided to make a three-ball with his A-4, & was not in terrible shape at all, against J-J & K-K.

The 4 flopped to increase his equity, but that was that, & it blanked out from there. 

He finished around 50th, & collected a very nice $3,359 bonus on top of his Punta Cana adventure.

Considering he regged late as he was unwell, remained unwell throughout, & was on life support (chip wise, not in real-life) for most of Day 1, that was some performance.    
  • edited October 2016

So that just leaves one, Mr CocoPops, but he's cruising along nicely with the better part of 200,000.
  • edited October 2016

Players are now on a 15 minute break, before they reassemble for the last 2 levels of the day.