You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Classic Live Update

Comments

• edited October 2016

Has the tide turned?

10 minutes of Level 8 remain, with Blinds currently 400-800-100.

Here's a better set of chip counts after 2 or 3 brutal levels for our crew.

NickD449 = 28,000

CxE1 = 13,000

LyonsBob = 48,000

Dog Bloke = 40,000 (oioi)

gonedoggin = 30,000

InswinHere = 19,000

• edited October 2016

Last Break of the Day

15 minute break now, then they come back for 2 more levels, & that'll be that for Day 1B. Play should end just before 2am I reckon.

A few chip counts from the guys as they wander past our little office en route to the Restrooms or whatever;

NickD449 = 34,000

LyonsBob = 54,000

Dog Bloke = 30,000 
  • edited October 2016

And play has resumed, with the Blinds now escalated to 500-1,000/100.  
  • edited October 2016

Bob's yer uncle

First hand back from the break, & LyonsBob goes to war with J-Q, flops his queen but runs into a stubborn fella with A-K, who turns his A, but alas for him our man found another queen.

LyonsBob = 78,000
  • edited October 2016

Another Britney Moment

Oops, I did it again

After spending nearly nine levels fruitlessly searching for JokerPkr, I at last stumble across him mid-hand.

Pre-flop Villain had raised & our man re-shoved 23 bigs with the A-K. Villain says "I think you are raising light" & slides his chips into the middle in a heartbeat with....K-Q. 

You know the rest of course, but for added salt in the wound the K-Q never hit either of his cards, but got there the hard way by rivering the straight. Ugh.

We've taken a few shocking beats today, one way & another. What a game this poker is.

So that's another man overboard.   

• edited October 2016

great thread, tikay.

thank you.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update:
    great thread, tikay. thank you.
    Posted by aussie09
    Thanks Rob, very kind of you.

It occurs to me that you have just got up, & I've not been to bed yet. Weird, this time difference lark.  

• edited October 2016

Level 10 - the day's final level - commences.

Blinds now go 600 - 1,200/200.

Can't be hanging around, but if players can bring 20 Bigs back for Day Two, it's worth hanging in.

• edited October 2016

NickD449 = 50,000

Dog Bloke = 50,000

CxE1 = 12,000

LyonsBob = 40,000

Like2BiteU (on 2nd bullet) = 70,000.
  • edited October 2016

King Bok strikes again

I managed, at long last, to find gaben, at the very moment he....BUST.

• edited October 2016

30 minutes of Day 1B remain

NickD449 = 90,000

Dog Bloke = 65,000

CxE1 = 22,000

LyonsBob = 38,000 
  • edited October 2016

InsWinHere = 26,000

LyonsBob = 17,000

CxE1 -= 30,000

NickD449 - 76,000

Dog Bloke = 58,000
  • edited October 2016

Day 1B Play has concluded

If I can get one last round of Chip Counts as the guys depart for a well-earned night's sleep, I'll post them up.

BRB 
  • edited October 2016

Day 1B Closing Chip Counts

I can't guarantee this is everyone, but I think it is. (I've not got the count for Like2BiteU, but last time I saw him, not long back, he had 70,000 off his second bullet).

These counts though are accurate as at close of play;

InswinHere = 28,000

Dog Bloke = 42,900

CxE1 = 33,000

NickD = 88,000

LyonsBob = 34,200

gonedoggin = 12,200

When they return tomorrow (later today...) blinds will be 800-1,600/200. 

Play resumes at 2pm Local, which is 7pm UK, which is the very moment that UKOPS XVII kicks off, so quite a day in prospect.  
  • edited October 2016

A big well done to every one of our players today, they conducted themselves in an exemplary manner, & everyone back home can be proud of them.

To those that survived, sleep well guys, tomorrow might just be a big big day, & we'll all be rooting for you.

• edited October 2016

Thanks for the comments & questions, a Live Update simply does not work without them.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night.

We now hand you over to the Shipping Forecast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdas-kMF74
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Is the CORRECT answer. And it's jolly chilly in the cardroom (aircon) just as it is in Vegas cardrooms so they'll be handy enough. There are (or were...) 25 Sky Poker hoodies inside. Weighed a tidy bit, too, that's £30 of excess baggage right there. Sam said he would reimburse me though, so that's OK.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    £30 of excess baggage for £30 worth of merchandise hardly seems worth it.

Good updates btw
  • edited October 2016
    Thanks for the updates Tikay - hope you get some much deserved rest now.

Looking forward to tonights updates already :)
  • edited October 2016
    Unlucky to all those that Busto. Is it the Tikay curse?  lol

Great updates. Vinny hope you get a good rest and feel better for day 2. as for the rest that's in run golden. 
  • edited October 2016
    Great updates! I'm going to turn my heating up to 30 play ukops and ask my girlfriend to serve me cocktails so I can pretend I am there
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Biggest stack I have seen so far is the guy who bust GlencoeLad, who had the fat end of 200,000 last time I looked.   He has been running super golden, & hitting everything. A nasty, mean, horrible little man who is full of himself & giving everyone plenty of chat, & not nice chat. He's God's gift to poker - or so he seems to think. Be interesting to see how he copes when Miss Variance gets the lip on with him & pays a visit.
    Posted by Tikay10

Did not know Batesy had quailified.

Thanks for the updates Tikay. Good luck to the small band of players left for day 2

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Did not know Batesy had quailified. Thanks for the updates Tikay. Good luck to the small band of players left for day 2
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Preach love not hate x
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Biggest stack I have seen so far is the guy who bust GlencoeLad, who had the fat end of 200,000 last time I looked.   He has been running super golden, & hitting everything. A nasty, mean, horrible little man who is full of himself & giving everyone plenty of chat, & not nice chat. He's God's gift to poker - or so he seems to think. Be interesting to see how he copes when Miss Variance gets the lip on with him & pays a visit.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not a nice chap , he was bad mouthing all day...never shut up ,even when I gave him my Blah Blah Blah comment !
    Only one at the table with headphones..but never shut up talking.....but he can play the game and may go very deep.

• edited October 2016
    If your going to bust in a big tournament....this is the place to do it .
    The Sky team are 1st class, quality perks , great to meet up with players, 
    Definitely be trying again next year  , ( and the Sy Poker hoodie will be handy
    When back in the cold windy Scotland ! )
  • edited October 2016
    If your going to bust in a big tournament....this is the place to do it . The Sky team are 1st class, quality perks , great to meet up with players,  Definitely be trying again next year  , ( and the Sy Poker hoodie will be handy When back in the cold windy Scotland ! )
    Posted by glencoelad
    Good effort glencoelad the sky hoodie is a much sought after second prize gl 
  • edited October 2016
    Day 1B Closing Chip Counts I can't guarantee this is everyone, but I think it is. (I've not got the count for Like2BiteU , but last time I saw him, not long back, he had 70,000 off his second bullet).   These counts though are accurate as at close of play;   InswinHere = 28,000 Dog Bloke = 42,900 CxE1 = 33,000 NickD = 88,000 LyonsBob = 34,200 gonedoggin = 12,200 When they return tomorrow (later today...) blinds will be 800-1,600/200.  Play resumes at 2pm Local, which is 7pm UK, which is the very moment that UKOPS XVII kicks off, so quite a day in prospect.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Best of luck to you all on Day2. Congrats and GL.

G

• edited October 2016
    Well done Mr K great updates as usual, good luck to all still in

Mother
    xxx
  • edited October 2016

love reading this thanks for all the updates gl to the remaining players
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Classic Live Update : Thanks Lord of the Cheez, How is it going in week 1 of year 2 on Sky Poker?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Very good thanks for asking slow and steady trying to qualify for UKOPS managed to get into the first one onwards and upwards gl if you manage to get a try at the four card game proper poker if the suits permit 
  • edited October 2016

Afternoon/evening all, it's close to 2pm here, or 7pm UK, & play starts in 10 minutes.

Our boys are gathering, impatient to get started, & we'll do our best to follow them all the way today.

10 x 50 minute Levels will be played today, with a 15 minute break every 2 levels, & a 1 hour Dinner Break at some stage.

We expect to reach the money towards the latter end of today, & I'll post the prize pool & payout details a little later.

The boys really appreciate the rail from home, so please don't hesitate to post on the thread & give them a rev up. It really does make a difference.