You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reality TV betting

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Lost out on Claudia.

Ore had been off the pace last couple of weeks but to be fair he nailed it in the semi.

My money is already on Louise @15/2 e/w but I am not sure whether the showdance will suit her. I think she is popular though so hoping she can get thru with the public vote.

With Ore being 6/1 and having come top of the leaderboard in the semi he seems worth a bet. It should be close. In the final they get to repeat dances and he has some high scoring ones to use.

Danny Mac should really win as best dancer and I expect a strong showdance from him which might give him the edge but will he get enough votes after being in the dance off this week?

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Reality TV betting:
    Lost out on Claudia. Ore had been off the pace last couple of weeks but to be fair he nailed it in the semi. My money is already on Louise @15/2 e/w but I am not sure whether the showdance will suit her. I think she is popular though so hoping she can get thru with the public vote. With Ore being 6/1 and having come top of the leaderboard in the semi he seems worth a bet. It should be close. In the final they get to repeat dances and he has some high scoring ones to use. Danny Mac should really win as best dancer and I expect a strong showdance from him which might give him the edge but will he get enough votes after being in the dance off this week?
    Posted by Phantom66
    I was suprised at that. Maybe ppl just thought he was gtd to get in the final . it might even help in in the final as ppl might pickup the phones I,ve laid most off my bet off for him to win after he came in last week to 1/2. Might re-back him tho now he,s back to 10/11. I know Ore could nail one dance but overall think Danny is still worthy favourite. Just hope it goes on the best dancer rather than a popularity contest

Got bored off X-factor the last few weeks. I,ve been skipping through it more and more in recent weeks. its just the same old and seems to get dragged out longer and longer each year. I did like Matt and Nicoles version of purple rain tho
  • edited December 2016
    BOOM. Backed Ore @8/1. Wasnt sure he would win but knew he was extremely good value. There was a dead heat reduction on louise as they didnt announce 2nd and 3rd.
  • edited December 2016
    SPOTY

Andy Murray will win but too short to consider, 

The Brownlee brother should secure secon due to that video, and also comes accross well.

Nick skelton is favourite to secure third but personally i doubt whether the viewers will have too much time for a 58 year old upper class white male.

so with that i will have 2 small bets on Laura Kenny (7/2) and Gareth Bale (9/1) for a top 3 finish, both are fairly well known and well liked
  • edited December 2016
    SPOTY Andy Murray will win but too short to consider,  The Brownlee brother should secure secon due to  that video, and also comes accross well. Nick skelton is favourite to secure third but personally i doubt whether the viewers will have too much time for a 58 year old upper class white male. so with that i will have 2 small bets on Laura Kenny (7/2) and Gareth Bale (9/1) for a top 3 finish, both are fairly well known and well liked
    Posted by jordz16

Should have just stuck to that 1/2/3 forecast. I didn't touch this with a barge pole, but always thought Murray would win. I was shocked he had a massive extra amount of votes though compared to the rest of the field. The 'experts' said this was going to be too close to call this year. (Basically just to try to spread the bets out)
  • edited January 2017
    Big brother started last night and I havent watched it as The footy was on, but some good advice for this show is that 1 show can affect prices dramatically, and it would be no surprise if every contestant was a double figure price at some point, so personally I will be backing lots of people when i think they have hit their nut biggest price and hedging my bets that way,

My only predictions so far is Jasmine, Nicola and James wont win.  
  • edited January 2017

Note before putting any bets on CBB...two more go in on Friday night. Besty is clear fav at the moment but not worth punting on at that short price.
  • edited January 2017
    Note before putting any bets on CBB...two more go in on Friday night. Besty is clear fav at the moment but not worth punting on at that short price.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Does this make him an attractive lay then?

• edited January 2017
    ray j for me is overpriced 10/1 him or austin outright 
  • edited January 2017
    New England Patriots will win the superbowl
  • edited January 2017
    My first bet of the series is Jamie Ohara 25/1

I'll hopefully be backing at least 5 people throughout the show and right now i think his odds are favourable, im not too sure how likeable he is but im fairly sure his reason for going in there is to change peoples opinion of him and if he does that then the british public will probably take to him
  • edited January 2017
    My first bet of the series is Jamie Ohara 25/1 I'll hopefully be backing at least 5 people throughout the show and right now i think his odds are favourable, im not too sure how likeable he is but im fairly sure his reason for going in there is to change peoples opinion of him and if he does that then the british public will probably take to him
    Posted by jordz16
    Was gonna copy your bet but he,s into 14/1 best priced now so just gone for someone who,s odds looked good compared to the rest of the sites. I don,t even know who he is as haven,t watched it yet but plumped for James J at 29/1
  • edited January 2017
    New England Patriots will win the superbowl
    Posted by moonooo
    Indeed they may but I think you are on the wrong thread! ☺
  • edited January 2017
    First big brother eviction sees Speidi, James, Austin, Stacy and Angie up for eviction.. with the votes being to SAVE it means Speidi and Austin will be safe given they have both finished 2nd on the show before and therefore rack up plenty of votes, of the 3 remaining James seems the most popular and likeable, Therefore that leaves us with Stacy and Angie, Angie is definitely more likely to go imo as i cant see her having any "fans" but at 4/6 i probably wont be betting unless her price drifts to evs
  • edited January 2017
    My next win bet is Bianca at 20/1, she doesnt strike me as an obvious winner but two things stand out for me, Nicola, Jasmine, Stacy and Bianca all come into the same category as middle aged women trying to gain a bit more fame, and out of that group she seems to be the most liked and therefore she may take on the fans of the other 3 once they are voted out which seems will be pretty soon according to the bookies.... Also since the Show started she has received the most follows and likes on social media of anyone in the house, Its not necessarily a certain indicator of popularity but given the fact most of those likes and follows have came within the last few days which makes in less likely that its simply people trying to find out who she actually is.... 
  • edited January 2017
    My next win bet is Bianca at 20/1, she doesnt strike me as an obvious winner but two things stand out for me, Nicola, Jasmine, Stacy and Bianca all come into the same category as middle aged women trying to gain a bit more fame, and out of that group she seems to be the most liked and therefore she may take on the fans of the other 3 once they are voted out which seems will be pretty soon according to the bookies.... Also since the Show started she has received the most follows and likes on social media of anyone in the house, Its not necessarily a certain indicator of popularity but given the fact most of those likes and follows have came within the last few days which makes in less likely that its simply people trying to find out who she actually is...
    Posted by jordz16

I,m confused now. I did bet on her a week or so ago but have since laid it for a small profit. The main reason i backed her was because of your advice about going for big prices at the start. I haven,t watched the show yet but always thought she comes accross well when doing her reports for Sky Sports on a Saturday afternoon, but i,m sure i saw her on it on the saturday just gone. Whats happening - Is there 2 Bianca Gascoigne,s or am i just going slightly mad?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Reality TV betting : I,m confused now. I did bet on her a week or so ago but have since laid it for a small profit. The main reason i backed her was because of your advice about going for big prices at the start. I haven,t watched the show yet but always thought she comes accross well when doing her reports for Sky Sports on a Saturday afternoon, but i,m sure i saw her on it on the saturday just gone. Whats happening - Is there 2 Bianca Gascoigne,s or am i just going slightly mad?
    Posted by MP33
    You're thinking of Westwood! Haha 

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Reality TV betting : I,m confused now. I did bet on her a week or so ago but have since laid it for a small profit. The main reason i backed her was because of your advice about going for big prices at the start. I haven,t watched the show yet but always thought she comes accross well when doing her reports for Sky Sports on a Saturday afternoon, but i,m sure i saw her on it on the saturday just gone. Whats happening - Is there 2 Bianca Gascoigne,s or am i just going slightly mad?
    Posted by MP33

hahahaha brilliant!, It's actually Gazza's daughter!.. would have personally prefered Bianca Westwood given she is a hhuge West Ham fan. 

Also think backing/laying bets in big brother is a very good plan as its very easy to predict whos prices will drift/ come in
  • edited January 2017
    Heidi and Spencer have now hit 12/1 which is enough to get me to back them, they were 2nd favs when the line ups announced, they have a fairly big fan base and i think the proucers would want them in the final, Id be surprise if they drift any further in the market.
  • edited January 2017
    Actually going back on myself and having a small bet on Nicola at 100/1.. Watched last nights ep and she seemed to get a proper rough ride and she seems quite well liked in there even though i dont think she will win 100/1 is just too big to turn down
  • edited January 2017
    Jedward and Calum both his 10/1 which is enough for me to have a bet on each, 

Jedward have a big fanbase and i think the vote to win tends to be a 2-3 day vote which gives thier management and fans etc plenty of time to drive up the support..

Calum is a likeable bloke and was favourite for a lot of this series so i was shocked he has hit 10/1

• edited May 2017
    gonna bump this tonight...

I havent seen any of BGT this year, but think tonight could be an easy one to predict... anyone who performs from 8.30-9pm has a far greater chance of going through, eastenders pulls in a very big audience at 8-8.30 and people often forget the acts in the first half hour, so any decent act in the last 30 mins will offer value for sure. 
  • edited May 2017
    last 2 acts will be Miss treats 11/8 and Tyrone and Mina 33/1 so gonna back those 2 to go through. 
  • edited May 2017
    0 from 2 last night

more confident with tnoghts picks though..

only 2 acts got a standing ovation and that seems to influence voting for some reason..

so..

Issy simpsn 4/6 to go through.

Grace and Ali 12/1 ew to win the semi. (e/w is 1/3 top 3 which is very generous)
  • edited May 2017
    0 from 2 last night more confident with tnoghts picks though.. only 2 acts got a standing ovation and that seems to influence voting for some reason.. so.. Issy simpsn 4/6 to go through. Grace and Ali 12/1 ew to win the semi. (e/w is 1/3 top 3 which is very generous)
    Posted by jordz16

Nice bet Jordz

Haven,t had a bet yet but will have a go tommorow going off your observations for the first 2 nights.

I did look for the odds for the Ballet dancers - Gao and Lui from week 1 but they didn,t get through - probably because they,d been on Asias got talent -GL
  • edited May 2017
    cheers mate,  nice to get two winners tonight

its tough to find too much value given that there is always 2-3 acts that have no chance.

there should be some good e/w alue when it comes to the final
  • edited May 2017
    Had a tenner on Sarah Ikumu to win heat - 2.52 on exchanges  (can,t see better than evs on oddschecker) 

Just hope she gets a late slot now

Do we know in what order they,re gonna go befor e the show ?
  • edited May 2017
    no we dont mate, 

i managed to get on the same bet at 6/4. shes guaranteed to be in the top top, lets just hope the piano bloke doesnt get a standing ovation as well
  • edited May 2017
    no we dont mate,  i managed to get on the same bet at 6/4. shes guaranteed to be in the top top, lets just hope the piano bloke doesnt get a standing ovation as well
    Posted by jordz16
    You can find out mate, I googled it before hand, could find it here (i believe this was the correct order)
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-britains-talent-tonight-semi-10536577
    Think i wrote something like "Britains got talent running order"

I looked at odds shortly after seeing the article and before the event and Sarah Ikumu and the pianoist were both Evens to win their semi on Sky.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Reality TV betting : You can find out mate, I googled it before hand, could find it here (i believe this was the correct order) http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-britains-talent-tonight-semi-10536577 Think i wrote something like "Britains got talent running order" I looked at odds shortly after seeing the article and before the event and Sarah Ikumu and the pianoist were both Evens to win their semi on Sky.
    Posted by gonedoggin
    Wow - Did not expect that

It seems the ppl voted more on the likeability factor tonight. Don,t they know who that kids dad is and that he writes his jokes for him. Don,t think Sarah showed much of a personality in her intro vid - Maybe that will be something to look out for in future rounds

Cheers gonedoggin - I,ll check that out tommorow