You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reality TV betting

Comments

• edited June 2017
    she didnt seem the most modest, i did have a small bet on the piano guy once he hit 3/1 just to hedge, but i would have been far better off had sarah of won...

The last spot is always key, its known as the pimpp spot, but also you dont wanna go directl after one of the best acts, so what normally happens is the the last and 3rd from last will have the best acts, or sometimes the 2nd and 4th from last spots.

i think a good strategy is to back the best act which is going 3rd/4th last before the show, then after they perform their odds will plummett meaning the odds of the other acts will increase and then you can back the best act in the last 2 as well and hopefully lock up a guaranteed profit each night barring any huge shocks. 
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Reality TV betting:
    In Response to Re: Reality TV betting : You can find out mate, I googled it before hand, could find it here (i believe this was the correct order) http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-britains-talent-tonight-semi-10536577 Think i wrote something like "Britains got talent running order" I looked at odds shortly after seeing the article and before the event and Sarah Ikumu and the pianoist were both Evens to win their semi on Sky.
    Posted by gonedoggin

what time did you find that article mate?? had a look for tonights but cant see it on any site. 
  • edited June 2017
    judging by the order, its very possible that could be the running order... if so my advice would be to back Merseygirls at 7/2 now, hope they do great, and hopefully that will push the odds on the Choir winning to over 3/1 (if not id still back at 2/1 to cover myself) 
  • edited June 2017
    looks like that wasnt the order, the choir were, evs to win this afternoon and were 14/1 by the time the show got going, think they are 20/1+ now. 
  • edited June 2017
    Adding Jonny Awsum at 12/1. 

would also look to add then Pentionalities if they drift over 4/1
  • edited June 2017
    Took them at 7/2, fairly well covered for tonight now. 
  • edited June 2017
    she didnt seem the most modest, i did have a small bet on the piano guy once he hit 3/1 just to hedge, but i would have been far better off had sarah of won... The last spot is always key, its known as the pimpp spot, but also you dont wanna go directl after one of the best acts, so what normally happens is the the last and 3rd from last will have the best acts, or sometimes the 2nd and 4th from last spots. i think a good strategy is to back the best act which is going 3rd/4th last before the show, then after they perform their odds will plummett meaning the odds of the other acts will increase and then you can back the best act in the last 2 as well and hopefully lock up a guaranteed profit each night barring any huge shocks
    Posted by jordz16
    Think i,ll go off that tommorow 

didn,t have a bet tonight as i got in late and flicking through it on cathup. 

If you get 5 free votes on the app is it fair to say its mainly young people voting for this

EDIT - Seen all the acts and it has to be between the Pensionaires and Merseygirls. Pensionaires only 1.32 so having a cpl of quid on Merseygirls who have just gone from 3.3 to 4.2 in last few seconds
  • edited June 2017
    wont be watching tonight, but there are 5 acts who all have potential to win, the choir are hot favs, more due to the back story opposed to ability, so even though i agree they are the most likely winners im going to lay them to win at 1.5 as they wont really appeal to the younger audience

• edited June 2017
    tokio myers will win it  pure talent 
  • edited June 2017
    probably wont have a bet tonight as im watching the footy, airtime, production and most importantly running order will be key.. id avoid the comedian as he was on last night and may struggle to improve his material, I can easily see Tokio winning, i would say Issy may be the value at 5/1 and the pentionalities and Dna may offer value each way at 25's
  • edited June 2017
    Layed the comedian for a top 3 finish at 1.2 
  • edited June 2017
    Tuned in late - Trying to watch football and BGT at same time.

I presume they,ve already gone as the pensionaires are 74/1 . they cant have been that bad can they. as the acts have shown this week its not all about talent - its who ppl like and would be gutted if they won and i,d not had a bet at that price - Might do another bet later

I still think Tokio will win tho as there is 2 comedians in and 2 magicians which might split their votes
  • edited June 2017
    sigh - just had £3 on DNA AT 40s then 2 seconds later they messed up
  • edited June 2017
    Big brother tonight which normally offers the best value betting markets for reality betting...

My plan is to back every person over 25/1, give there is normally about 12-18 people who enter each year and in 9 of the last 10 years the winner has hit 25/1 at some point.

there is also a guy going in who was the year above me in school and was a bit of a D!ckhead so im interested to see if he has changed at all
  • edited June 2017
    Big brother tonight which normally offers the best value betting markets for reality betting... My plan is to back every person over 25/1, give there is normally about 12-18 people who enter each year and in 9 of the last 10 years the winner has hit 25/1 at some point. there is also a guy going in who was the year above me in school and was a bit of a D!ckhead so im interested to see if he has changed at all
    Posted by jordz16
    What's his name Jordz so we can look out for him??

..... mind you most of them usually are D!ckheads tbh and it's the 'nearest to normal' one that wins.... (:D}

EDIT: and BIG WELL DONE on winning last night's MAJOR

• edited June 2017
    Hes called Lotan and i think hes a stripper

yeah you are right a lot of times it has been the most normal, i like to back a few of the outsiders in the early weeks as the public seem to like a redemption story...

and thanks mate didnt get finished til well gone 3.30 this morning so completely forgot to get my nap in for the syndicate today
  • edited June 2017
    Hes called Lotan and i think hes a stripper yeah you are right a lot of times it has been the most normal, i like to back a few of the outsiders in the early weeks as the public seem to like a redemption story... and thanks mate didnt get finished til well gone 3.30 this morning so completely forgot to get my nap in for the syndicate today
    Posted by jordz16
    no worries.....gives us all a chance.

He's just come on, thought it would be him when they said he was from Braintree. My mrs and daughter have seen him lol.... he's in 'The Dreamboys'
  • edited June 2017
    Big brother tonight which normally offers the best value betting markets for reality betting... My plan is to back every person over 25/1, give there is normally about 12-18 people who enter each year and in 9 of the last 10 years the winner has hit 25/1 at some point. there is also a guy going in who was the year above me in school and was a bit of a D!ckhead so im interested to see if he has changed at all
    Posted by jordz16
    lol - Only watched the entrances and he,s already getting on my nerves

Was thinking Ellie was the best of a bad bunch but she,s only 4/1 best price
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Reality TV betting : lol - Only watched the entrances and he,s already getting on my nerves Was thinking Ellie was the best of a bad bunch but she,s only 4/1 best price
    Posted by MP33

I've been trying to find odds for Big Brother but can't find them on SKYBET (or B365).

I'm interested in backing RAPH coz he looks genuine and fun and knows all about BB, and has just finished studying Psychology. He must be a big price coz he isn't getting on with the D!ckheads.

EDIT:
    interesting what you say Jordz about the winner of last few years has touched 25/1 or higher at some point
  • edited June 2017
    I think all sites have odds, they often take them off whilst the show is on though, 

Its crazy how much prices can change after 1 show. one great tv moment can see someones price plummet and one villainous act and the complete opposite can happen... im gonna stcik to my plan for backing the real outsiders as its such a long process that first impressions dont actually count for much in the long run
  • edited June 2017
    Havent had chance to watch it properly yet but ive placed 2 bets purely because of the price.

Kayleigh and Deborah both at 48's on the exchange.. il look at backing more people at 33's and 25's when ive had time to watch a few episodes...
  • edited June 2017
    Ive now got Mandy at 42's and Hannah at 38's

thats 1/4 of the field locked up already, in an ideal world id have all 16 backed at some point at odds of 16/1 or more, more than likely i will need to back 1 or 2 at nearer 10/1 at slightly bigger stakes which will limit profit but is a safer option... the only way this plan will fail imo will be if someone becomes a short price favourite early on, holds favouritism for the whole way and then goes on to win, but judging on previous years that doesnt really ever happen
  • edited June 2017
    first eviction tonight, My tip is Rebecca who is 7/1 with 365. Ive actually had quite a chunk on as before the odds were released i had her at 3/1 in my head. although apologies in advance if i have read it all wrong. 

its a vote to save. which means you need a clear voting demographic and i just cant see who hers would be.... 

the 2 with the lowest votes will then have their fate decided by Tom, and i think the other vulnerable people will be the couple and surely it wouldnt come across well for him to evict one of them... 

• edited June 2017
    first eviction tonight, My tip is Rebecca who is 7/1 with 365. Ive actually had quite a chunk on as before the odds were released i had her at 3/1 in my head. although apologies in advance if i have read it all wrong.  its a vote to save. which means you need a clear voting demographic and i just cant see who hers would be....  the 2 with the lowest votes will then have their fate decided by Tom, and i think the other vulnerable people will be the couple and surely it wouldnt come across well for him to evict one of them... 
    Posted by jordz16
    Great stuff getting the big odds on quarter of the field.... it's a great theory coz as you say, the contestants do all hit pretty big odds at some point, and Big Brother always manipulate it (with editing and the tasks they set) so that the early favourite very rarely wins nowadays. I think that Sukhvinder will go tonight coz she hasn't come across very well so far, and shge walks all over her husband, though it is always different when it's 'Vote to SAVE'. 

I just hope RAPH doesn't go coz I think he's very funny and quite clever too, maybe too clever for his own good tho with some of the D!ckhead one dimensional Simpletons !!!

Good Luck tonight, and for the series
  • edited June 2017
    bit annoying to miss tonight, i think my read was right though as it was the other 2 quiet ones who were in the final 2 so thats some consolation. 
  • edited June 2017
    managed to get Arthur at 85's today, thats 4 of the remaining 13 I have onside. 
  • edited June 2017
    managed to get Arthur at 85's today, thats 4 of the remaining 13 I have onside. 
    Posted by jordz16

You best see if you can get a refund quick. He left yesterday, and will not be returning.
  • edited June 2017
    Whoops, cheers for that Max, serves me right for not doing my research, luckily i managed to trade it off for just a £5 loss,