You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheezy bountys all round

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Well here we are happy new year only played one game on the first small profit then yesterday was my oldest daughters birthday so by the time I got rid of family managed a bounty hunter which I bricked and the dtds I made the ft in the third one and got £4 from fr 
    opening balance £156.32
    Closing balance £174.11

• edited January 2017
    Time for a little life story 
      I grew up in a little village in the west coast of Scotland called Springside going way back it was a mining place but this had long died out before we moved in .Springside was a tough place full of characters,whippets,greyhounds,pigeons, and the occasional ferret flung in for good measure and most of note in the village was a boxing club it spawned a few Scottish amateur champions back in the day I don't know if it's still running 
       Growing up I was really good with numbers and loved a gamble horses puggys three card brag and my favourite dominoes I was quite a good domino player so much so that I was let into the pub underage so that I could play for them in the league every Sunday  after the league games the gambling started and it could get pretty serious pretty quickly punters side betting on games.One Sunday we were hosting another pub and after the games the real fun started and on this occasion I ended up center stage playing a chap that had been a bit mouthy all day the locals put me in to play him and I put my pound down he covered it.unbeknown to me the locals were betting heavy on me.The game started and quickly I went three nil up and at that the gentleman put his hand out to congratulate me.Without thinking I waved his hand away and said we play to four in here .Straight away I knew I had messed up you could of heard a pin drop I could hear the murmuring and feel all the eyes on my back.We played on and he drew back to three all and I started to panic the last hand played out and I won happy days sitting with a shandy after an extremely large guy came up and said if I had lost I was getting pasted and not the wallpaper kind after that I stuck to the league games lol 
  • edited January 2017
    Got pumped out of hufa cup lost a couple of Dyms but it was double points and tried the mini bounty hunter got two bountys but it plays way different to the daytime ones like the wild west lol must try harder 
    opening balance £174.11
    Closing balance £151.63
  • edited January 2017
    Losses again yesterday could of been worse but for a small profit on the spin ups
    opening balance £151.63
    Closing balance  £141.93
  • edited January 2017
    Good day yesterday lost Hu in rainman's deepstack then sat down to play the evening session only to find free entry's for fosp courtesy of finishing fourth in the league even better took the third one down got seventh in the last one so that's a good start to this month also got a tenner off the freeroll 
    opening balance £141.93
    Closing balance £192.29
  • edited January 2017
    Was going to have a quiet night last night few drinks play the Freerolls and the orfordable deepstack 
    tried a few all in sats and won entry into the BH main so I thought might as well try the mini as wel ended up playing the rebuy BH got absolutely outplayed and made early exits from them all and sent back down to daytime poker with my tail between my legs (see earlier health warning 
    opening balance £192.29
    Closing balance  £152.79 
  • edited January 2017
    Quiet day yesterday couldn't win races or flips oh well try again tomorrow 
    opening balance £152.79
    Closing balance  £136.25
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheezy bountys all round:
    Time for a little life story    I grew up in a little village in the west coast of Scotland called Springside going way back it was a mining place but this had long died out before we moved in .Springside was a tough place full of characters,whippets,greyhounds,pigeons, and the occasional ferret flung in for good measure and most of note in the village was a boxing club it spawned a few Scottish amateur champions back in the day I don't know if it's still running     Growing up I was really good with numbers and loved a gamble horses puggys three card brag and my favourite dominoes I was quite a good domino player so much so that I was let into the pub underage so that I could play for them in the league every Sunday  after the league games the gambling started and it could get pretty serious pretty quickly punters side betting on games.One Sunday we were hosting another pub and after the games the real fun started and on this occasion I ended up center stage playing a chap that had been a bit mouthy all day the locals put me in to play him and I put my pound down he covered it.unbeknown to me the locals were betting heavy on me.The game started and quickly I went three nil up and at that the gentleman put his hand out to congratulate me.Without thinking I waved his hand away and said we play to four in here .Straight away I knew I had messed up you could of heard a pin drop I could hear the murmuring and feel all the eyes on my back.We played on and he drew back to three all and I started to panic the last hand played out and I won happy days sitting with a shandy after an extremely large guy came up and said if I had lost I was getting pasted and not the wallpaper kind after that I stuck to the league games lol 
    Posted by weecheez1

Great story
    Thanks for sharing

• edited January 2017
    Another quiet day wasn't feeling it and ended up watching films 
    opening balance £136.25
    Closing balance £128.04
    Best movie of the day   War on everyone  just my sense of humour 
  • edited January 2017
    Another quiet day didn't play much at night because of the problems just used the tablet and played the Freerolls and the mini got a few bountys to start me on the leader board so this week I will try this at night for a change but will still play fosp on Thursday 
    opening balance £128.04
    Closing balance  £119.76
  • edited January 2017
    Good day yesterday binked the lunchtime plo8 and min cashed two others particularly happy with my play in the mini only took one head and a small cash but was happy with my reading people and defending the castle at the end exit hand was unlucky but rode the luck a few times to get there so fairs fair gl all 
    Opening balance £119.76
    closing balance £148.74
  • edited January 2017
    Enjoyed yesterday but did not make any headway but hay ho 
    opening balance £148.74
    Closing balance  £143.82

• edited January 2017
    Felt like I was just going through the motions and it showed in my results for yesterday 
    opening balance £143.82
    closing balance  £125.65
    I will need to learn to switch off when I am playing like this gl all
  • edited January 2017
    Not a lot of volume yesterday one ft followed by two cash bubbles :-(  only played the Freerolls at night.took a big hit early on and only left myself about 180 chips made them last for £10 :-)
    Opening balance £125.65
    Closing balance  £144.64
  • edited January 2017
    Time for some more life stuff 
      My family moved us away from Springside when I was sixteen I think they were worried the road I was going down I was a regular in the local and I had just been expelled from the academy for fighting and it was a good move I didn't think so at the time but parents aren't daft so we moved back into irvine and into a new academy I was really quite clever and at one stage was sitting 8 O levels but by the time I moved schools I had lost all interest 
       After school years I got a job in a hospital laundry and it was the best job ever I was one of only three men in amongst forty odd women and I was the baby very happy days the women used to love trying to make me blush and they were good at it,very hard working ladies and they liked to play hard too some of the works nights out are the stuff of legends.On one of these nights out I met my wife who was one of the women's daughters.We dated for a short time but I wasn't ready to grow up yet so we parted our ways for a wee while 
      I followed Glasgow rangers from a young age and went all over Britain to see them my party piece was always to have a brand new deck of cards to play brag on the supporters bus we kicked up the second last seat and layed it across that isle making our table and away we went many a time I was skint before we arrived and had to tap the treasurer but those were the days.I also played a flute in the local flute band and was a lecturer in the orange lodge.I know that might raise a few eyebrows but it was no different to the poker site a bunch of like minded people getting together and having a laugh.I met the wife again one night and it got serious this time and on the 16th of June 1990 we were married and then three daughters later here we are TBC
  • edited January 2017
    Nice update WeeC.

I feel the atmosphere of your youth. 

Shame you never managed the European cup. ^0^
  • edited January 2017
    Another quiet day ended up watching films 
    opening balance £144.64
    Closing balance  £137.54
    Oh and don't watch death race 2050 it's terrible
  • edited January 2017
    Enjoyed yesterday bricked my first two mtts and changed to spin ups made a small profit then last night got into the main via satellite and took two bountys job done there was no major dramas in the game but I still think I play scared in the bigger games which does not make sense because I don't buy in direct maybe I just link the bigger buy ins with better play and I think that might not be the case 
    opening balance £137.54
    Closing balance  £175.95
    P.s.also done a double at the football picked the two Manchester teams and as the old saying goes don't give up your day job gl all
  • edited January 2017
    Played rather poorly yesterday the worse was way overplaying QQ in the mini early on.got a 3rd in the £5 plo8 so ended the day with a small profit
    opening balance £175.95
    Closing balance £177.70
  • edited January 2017
    Started strong with a cash in the early BH then binked the lunchtime plo8 then overconfidence hit and played to loosely but had a fun day 
    Opening balance £177.70
    Closing balance  £201.86
  • edited January 2017
    Good thread cheez, you put in a great deal of  input to the forum. By the looks of you opening and closing balances and the amount of tornys you play,  you have grat bankroll management. Which is great, and will do you a great deal in the future. GL
  • edited January 2017
    Good thread cheez, you put in a great deal of  input to the forum. By the looks of you opening and closing balances and the amount of tornys you play,  you have grat bankroll management. Which is great, and will do you a great deal in the future. GL
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    Thanks mate 
  • edited January 2017
    Was a day oof interuptions and playing with puppy's made a mess of playing small pairs (posted in tournaments section )
    also made a mess of the £5 plo8 at night but hay ho onwards and upwards 
    opening balance £201.86
    Closing balance £200.85
  • edited January 2017
    Interesting thread. I like the effort you are putting into it. It'll be interesting to continue reading your exploits and whatever else you decide to post on here.
  • edited January 2017
    Wee hospital appointment yesterday woft played 3 of the fosp plo8 last night only managed one small cash but it covered the buy ins there was some good games I forgot just how much fun it is trying to work out markycashes hands give the orfordable a wee try tonight and maybe a drink or two gl all
    opening balance  £200.85
    Closing balance  £202.20
  • edited January 2017
    Interesting thread. I like the effort you are putting into it. It'll be interesting to continue reading your exploits and whatever else you decide to post on here.
    Posted by PkDevil
    Thank you sir
  • edited January 2017
    Enjoyed yesterday but not a lot of profit started well enough with a spin up session then tried the bounty hunters got knocked out one by getting counterfeited took dog for walk bricked the Freerolls and gave the plo8 dyms a whirl was feeling good even upped the stakes for a fat Friday treat then came the benny hill moment wife was upstairs watching big Bro just me the pup and the parrot I was sitting with leg half off puppy sprints passed me and grabs the fit bit out the charger made a grab and missed,parrot gets a fright starts flapping puppy runs behind couch I am still trying to play an £11 and a £5.50 dym and put leg on had to shout up for reinforcements the puppy trotted out with no fitbit panic he's swollowed it dragged the couch out parrots still going mental feathers everywhere puppy thinks parrot wants to play and starts springing all over the place wife walks in and puppy and parrot freeze I am swearing like a trooper about puppy swallowing fitbit she walks over and pick it up from his bed tells me to behave and goes back upstairs I think it was the only two Dyms I won but it was a blast 
    opening balance £202.20
    Closing balance  £201.00
  • edited January 2017
    Nice quiet day still managed to lose a few quid had a movie night with a few drinks and nibbles all good 
    Opening balance £201.00
    Closing   balance £187.58
  • edited January 2017
    Enjoyed yesterday but not a lot of profit started well enough with a spin up session then tried the bounty hunters got knocked out one by getting counterfeited took dog for walk bricked the Freerolls and gave the plo8 dyms a whirl was feeling good even upped the stakes for a fat Friday treat then came the benny hill moment wife was upstairs watching big Bro just me the pup and the parrot I was sitting with leg half off puppy sprints passed me and grabs the fit bit out the charger made a grab and missed,parrot gets a fright starts flapping puppy runs behind couch I am still trying to play an £11 and a £5.50 dym and put leg on had to shout up for reinforcements the puppy trotted out with no fitbit panic he's swollowed it dragged the couch out parrots still going mental feathers everywhere puppy thinks parrot wants to play and starts springing all over the place wife walks in and puppy and parrot freeze I am swearing like a trooper about puppy swallowing fitbit she walks over and pick it up from his bed tells me to behave and goes back upstairs I think it was the only two Dyms I won but it was a blast  opening balance £202.20 Closing balance  £201.00
    Posted by weecheez1
    haha made me chuckle
    Nice one
  • edited January 2017
    Slow Sunday poker football poker films (just forgot how good trainspotting is ) one small profit in the morning but overall another losing day
    opening balance £187.58
    Closing balance  £181.01