You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheezy bountys all round

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Weekly update time been a strange one a regular mix of good and bad both on and off the tables 
     Still game on thursday night was brilliant went to a little Italian restaurant first and that was very good as well we both had our little bottles made up with vodka and iron bru to enjoy through the show the doorman even insisted on putting them into large paper cups stating that it was the lids of the bottles that were not allowed ? The taxi rank after it was a nightmare and the hotel was a little bit on the rough side but hey ho 
     On the tables it's been a game of two halves the start of the week some good results then since Friday some not so good a mixture of bad plays and mind not being on the job some of the plays made sense in my head, but on the screen maybee not but again hay ho 
    opening balance £149.04
    Closing balance £208.15
  • edited February 2017
    Ok update time was feeling a bit down on myself earlier on in the week a combo of having to go for another round of medicals and a wee loss of confidence on the tables played in two main events this week one courtesy of the Freerolls which I didn't play very well and last night got in via an all in sat and finished about 20th with a couple of bountys for £78 also got my first win in the plo8 bh on Friday so life's good 
    opening balance £208.15
    Closing balance ££299.33
    Just read quickfeets post and watched his video inspiring so no more moaning 
  • edited February 2017
    Nice 1 Cheez, WP!

Hope the medicals went well and cya on the tables soon no doubt :)
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheezy bountys all round:
    Nice 1 Cheez, WP! Hope the medicals went well and cya on the tables soon no doubt :)
    Posted by markycash
    Thanks marky the first one went OK I have five to do but they are all for my lawyer for the compensation claim so they are for the greater good and hopefully by the end of the year I can put the lot behind me and get on  with life and poker :-)
  • edited February 2017
    Ok update time was feeling a bit down on myself earlier on in the week a combo of having to go for another round of medicals and a wee loss of confidence on the tables played in two main events this week one courtesy of the Freerolls which I didn't play very well and last night got in via an all in sat and finished about 20th with a couple of bountys for £78 also got my first win in the plo8 bh on Friday so life's good  opening balance £208.15 Closing balance ££299.33 Just read quickfeets post and watched his video inspiring so no more moaning 
    Posted by weecheez1
    WP cheezy lad :-)
  • edited March 2017
    Sunday post time quite a good week enjoying my poker a couple of good results then on Friday a minor setback settled down for my evening session a wee drink wife watching telly puppy sleeping kids out perfect poker weather regged for freerolls a bounty hunter and the avenger semi . I am not the best multi tabler but tonight I was feeling it ahead of the game, in the zone, going along nicely building stacks all over the place first table stops for break and I jump up for a ciggy make the wife a cuppa back in chair and then the confusion hit where's my stack from the semi I typed and asked the other players only to be told there was no break at the same time busted out freerolls and bounty hunter then bounced into another two games only to bust out straight away whoa there the weather is changing rapidly there's a storm a coming laptop off kodi box on and films for the rest of the night the moral of the story is don't take things for granted and smoking is bad for you gl all
    opening balance £299.33
    Closing balance £294.87
  • edited March 2017
    Sunday update what a car crash week that was some of  my play was that bad even the trolls left me alone,there was a spell of three days when my account looked like ken Dodds tax returns I could take the blame myself but I would rather blame social media or rng or even my new puppy.mmmm nope my fault I have been playing the plo8 bhs and I thought I had been ul in these but a look back at my hand history scared the bejesus out of me it looked like I had forgot all the things I learned doing the dym challenge most important being a well balanced hand so back to basics for me and tighten the ship up gl all
    opening balance £294.87
    Closing balance £229.40

• edited March 2017
    I have no doubt you will bounce back mate!

It is easy for our games to slip, I have to go back to basics very often as playing a load of different formats etc means sometimes our games wander a bit off track. The important thing is you aren't blaming the puppy, RNG, social media etc and are instead finding the real problem and remedying it :)

Good luck mate and hope the bounce back is quick and high!
  • edited March 2017
    What a great week if you like a gamble poker,Cheltenham, football what more could you ask for.I am not a big punter a couple of pound here and there same with the poker but I love the buzz of picking the right horse or winning tournys the next one I am looking forward to is the masters again four days of good gambling bring it on 
     On the health front had one of those cardiograms yesterday and the lovely nurse said everything looked good happy days still got another three experts to see but no moaning good to see tikay back and in form another mate is going through a bit of a time hope that works out ok 
    opening balance £229.40
    Closing  balance £289.57

• edited May 2017
    Time for a wee update after taking a break from posting for a while through a combination of real life and all the moaning  that was happening made it a good time for a rest 
      On the health front that's all the medicals and assessments done for my lawyer I really didn't think there was so much involved in it they have virtually pulled every part of my life apart and examined it but it's for my benefit. One thing that's worrying me is the fact I may have to do it all again for the other side but we will deal with that when it happens 
     Home life is good the youngest daughter had a wee prang in her car (reversed into a parked car ) no harm done but it cost £100 to fix the gentleman was brilliant said he would get a new door and fit it himself so that her insurance wouldn't be affected result. The puppy is dafter than basil brushes tail but great fun he has taken a liking to lily bulbs and the sight of my wife chasing him round the garden is great viewing. The oldest daughters dance school is going well and over the easter break she went back over to euro Disney to do a special event for their 25th anniversary.
     On to the poker it's been fun at its best over £300 and worst down to £99 but I've had a few good games the best being the Vegas semi even though I didn't get a seat in the final I didn't feel out of place a good run for my £2.20 the plo8 has been a mixed bag the lunchtime games good and the bounty hunters bad I think the bounty element makes it a completely different game over the next week I am going to give the satellites a good try and see if I can get into a few big games I will post next Sunday with an update 
     Opening balance £289.57
     Closing balance £226.96
     Good luck out there and remember it's only a game 
  • edited May 2017
    Glad the medicals etc are done Harry.

Hope the sattys go well and I agree the BH's are a different beast.

GL on and off the tables mate!
  • edited May 2017
    Good week with no dramas spin ups and mtts both showing a small profit the satellites were my shortcoming only made one Vegas quarter and didn't play very well. The all in sats that run every night are really good value you are facing roughly 12 people for a twenty pound seat also tried the main event sat's but again couldn't close them out but I will try again this week mainly because I enjoy them. Friday night was a strange one I was not playing particularly well until I handed out a bad beat then went on to finish 3rd in the rebuy bounty hunter for a good result. The plo8 bhs have been ok  with a few fts and I managed win the £2.20 one. On the home front getting a new oven fitted this morning and that's set the good lady on to decorating mode time for me and the dog to lie low also getting a new fence done out the back door to keep him safe.The forum seems to of settled down life's good be lucky gl gl gl 
    opening balance  £226.96
    Closing balance  £348.37
  • edited May 2017
    Nice progress cheez!
  • edited May 2017
    Nice progress cheez!
    Posted by markycash
    Ty marky and gl in your Vegas quest 
  • edited May 2017
    Nice work!

Do you think it's possible your PLO8 game is much stronger than your NLH? And if so, have you ever thought about just focusing on this and becoming a PLO8 boss/beast/wizard?! At the end of the day I guess just playing whatever you enjoy is the best way to go :) Gl!
  • edited May 2017
    Nice work! Do you think it's possible your PLO8 game is much stronger than your NLH? And if so, have you ever thought about just focusing on this and becoming a PLO8 boss/beast/wizard?! At the end of the day I guess just playing whatever you enjoy is the best way to go :) Gl!
    Posted by Angmar2626
    I love the plo8 angmar but the nlh is faster and there is a lot more games available I am not that keen on the plo8 bounty hunters I think they set my game back a bit but I still dabble so I just play what takes my fancy at the time thanks for the question run well
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheezy bountys all round : I love the plo8 angmar but the nlh is faster and there is a lot more games available I am not that keen on the plo8 bounty hunters I think they set my game back a bit but I still dabble so I just play what takes my fancy at the time thanks for the question run well
    Posted by weecheez1

Fair enough, makes sense.

ty for reply, gl to you too!

• edited May 2017
    Good week not a lot of dramas and the poker has been enjoyable been mixing it up between cash and tourneys even flung in a few nlh dyms and done alright not a big profit but my points total shot up might keep nosing around these until varience catches up.but today there is a lot of free money up for grabs with no outlay be silly not to :-)  gl all and run good 
    opening balance £348.37
    Closing balance  £353.49

• edited June 2017
    Another steady week dipped my toes into the nlh dyms think I just cleared my feet. On the mtt front managed a few final tables and even took down one of those pesky plo8 bhs last night so all in all a good week 
      On the home front got the wife and kids to pick a horse for the derby and daughter number 2 picked the winner £50 withdrawn for her even got a small return myself skybet will be excluding me soon ;-)
      Health not so good having probs again with new leg so it's another appointment with another consultant but that's life so just need to get on with it 
     Dyms  £5.50  played 17 won 10 
                 £3.30  played 10 won  6
                 £2.20  played  7  won   5
      Opening balance  £353.49
      Closing  balance  £435.54
     On a footnote need to make a decision about my points if I push hard might hit the 500 it's amazing how quick they add up but will see how it goes gl everyone and run golden 
  • edited June 2017
    I lol'd at the skybet part, forgot how insanely hungover I was for a second :D

Nice 1 on the daughters win, your PLO8 BH win and the steady profit mate.

Hope the health issues get resolved!
  • edited June 2017
    Another steady week dipped my toes into the nlh dyms think I just cleared my feet. On the mtt front managed a few final tables and even took down one of those pesky plo8 bhs last night so all in all a good week    On the home front got the wife and kids to pick a horse for the derby and daughter number 2 picked the winner £50 withdrawn for her even got a small return myself skybet will be excluding me soon ;-)   Health not so good having probs again with new leg so it's another appointment with another consultant but that's life so just need to get on with it   Dyms  £5.50  played 17 won 10               £3.30  played 10 won  6              £2.20  played  7  won   5   Opening balance  £353.49   Closing  balance  £435.54  On a footnote need to make a decision about my points if I push hard might hit the 500 it's amazing how quick they add up but will see how it goes gl everyone and run golden 
    Posted by weecheez1

Very nice work on the poker front Cheez, hope the new consultant helps out.
  • edited June 2017
    Thanks Marky and hendrik mark hope your hangover doesn't last I had a wee smile when I read your fb post last night think I am due one myself hope this sky tour manages to come to Scotland would love to give live play a try 
  • edited June 2017
    Nice work sir!
  • edited June 2017
    Nice work sir!
    Posted by Angmar2626
    Ty Angmar all the best in your challenge 
  • edited June 2017
    Thanks Marky and hendrik mark hope your hangover doesn't last I had a wee smile when I read your fb post last night think I am due one myself hope this sky tour manages to come to Scotland would love to give live play a try 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Haha yeah, probably the most I have drank in a night since the Sky Vegas leaving party last year. I suddenly remember why I do not drink all that often these days :D

It would be brilliant if the SPT comes to Scotland! I hope to go to the Manchester one but there are a lot of Scottish people on the site so a Scottish one would make sense!
  • edited June 2017
    Update time and I was all ready to post about how varience has caught up with me. When I looked back at the week turns out it was just really bad plays and overconfidence. I changed one bit of my game about shoving ranges think that will be getting changed back.
      On the home front the youngest daughter turned 18 yesterday so we had a nice day at home with all the family visiting then she went out on the bevvy with her mates oh the joys of that age she is a cracking girl
     Thinking about booking  a holiday in the sun but not sure about insurance and standing about in queues at airports but need to do something to break the routine talking about routine still smoking :-((
    Opening balance £435.54
    Closing  balance £383.77
     That's it till next Sunday remember it's nice to be nice gl
  • edited June 2017
    Update time and I was all ready to post about how varience has caught up with me. When I looked back at the week turns out it was just really bad plays and overconfidence. I changed one bit of my game about shoving ranges think that will be getting changed back.   On the home front the youngest daughter turned 18 yesterday so we had a nice day at home with all the family visiting then she went out on the bevvy with her mates oh the joys of that age she is a cracking girl  Thinking about booking  a holiday in the sun but not sure about insurance and standing about in queues at airports but need to do something to break the routine talking about routine still smoking :-(( Opening balance £435.54 Closing  balance £383.77  That's it till next Sunday remember it's nice to be nice gl
    Posted by weecheez1
    GL for the week ahead Harry!

Also, hope you manage to get a holiday sorted mate.
  • edited June 2017
    Sunday update time and it's a small loss for the second week running and tbh I am not surprised not been giving some of the games my full attention and getting involved in some pretty bad games in the spin ups on the plus side Friday and Saturday entry into the main event courtesy of the nightly free roll. Friday I lasted five minutes but last night was better finishing about 35th with 3 bounties and I felt I played ok I might post a few hands later.
       On the home front fathers day my favourite already got a bottle of glayva off the youngest two to come :-) but it made me think of my dad and it was a wee bit of a shock when I realised it was three years since he popped off sad times. 
    Opening balance £383.77
    Closing  balance £356.70
      Thinking about trying a bit of cash I play the spin ups but I am under no illusion that normal cash is different and I am not sure whether to start at 2p 4p or 5p 10p does anybody have any advice that would help gl all and be good 
  • edited June 2017
    Nice one on the Glayva :)

Regarding the cash games...

I would try stakes on the lower end of the spectrum, play a decent chunk of hands, evaluate how you are doing and move up if you feel comfortable.

If you start too high then you might not play as freely which can affect results. Also it is better to discover any adjustments you need to make on the smaller stakes than finding out in the higher stackes.

P.S. looking up some cash game strategy for low stakes either on Youtube or elsewhere may help.

Good luck!
  • edited June 2017
    Nice one on the Glayva :) Regarding the cash games... I would try stakes on the lower end of the spectrum, play a decent chunk of hands, evaluate how you are doing and move up if you feel comfortable. If you start too high then you might not play as freely which can affect results. Also it is better to discover any adjustments you need to make on the smaller stakes than finding out in the higher stackes. P.S. looking up some cash game strategy for low stakes either on Youtube or elsewhere may help. Good luck!
    Posted by markycash
    Thanks Mark I will have a look about