You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheezy bountys all round

123457»

Comments

• edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheezy bountys all round:
    Sunday update time and it's a small loss for the second week running and tbh I am not surprised not been giving some of the games my full attention and getting involved in some pretty bad games in the spin ups on the plus side Friday and Saturday entry into the main event courtesy of the nightly free roll. Friday I lasted five minutes but last night was better finishing about 35th with 3 bounties and I felt I played ok I might post a few hands later.    On the home front fathers day my favourite already got a bottle of glayva off the youngest two to come :-) but it made me think of my dad and it was a wee bit of a shock when I realised it was three years since he popped off sad times.  Opening balance £383.77 Closing  balance £356.70   Thinking about trying a bit of cash I play the spin ups but I am under no illusion that normal cash is different and I am not sure whether to start at 2p 4p or 5p 10p does anybody have any advice that would help gl all and be good 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Rake feels like a killer at 4NL but the games are all kinds of soft and very beatable for someone of your abilities. 10NL at the wrong time can actually feel tough: 4-5 so-so to pretty decent regs and a fair amount of aggression/3-betting IP etc. but at other times it's a breeze. Table selection is your friend. 8NL can be fun/profitable, too. 

Ooh, perhaps capped games could be more your thing - a kind of bridge between spin ups and deeper cash games. Decision making is easier, you can go on massive tears and the players seem splashier and make tons of mistakes. Be prepared, though, that big blobs of run bad can really hack into your bankroll. Best of luck, whatever you decide. 
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheezy bountys all round : Rake feels like a killer at 4NL but the games are all kinds of soft and very beatable for someone of your abilities. 10NL at the wrong time can actually feel tough: 4-5 so-so to pretty decent regs and a fair amount of aggression/3-betting IP etc. but at other times it's a breeze. Table selection is your friend. 8NL can be fun/profitable, too.  Ooh, perhaps capped games could be more your thing - a kind of bridge between spin ups and deeper cash games. Decision making is easier, you can go on massive tears and the players seem splashier and make tons of mistakes. Be prepared, though, that big blobs of run bad can really hack into your bankroll. Best of luck, whatever you decide. 
    Posted by SR23
    Thanks SR23 that's good advice I am a bit of a bankroll nit and I don't want to get into a chasing situation the capped games could be the way to go I was thinking about putting a certain amount in and if it goes then its time for a box set or a couple of hours watching twitch streams thanks again for taking the time to answer gl 
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheezy bountys all round : Thanks SR23 that's good advice I am a bit of a bankroll nit and I don't want to get into a chasing situation the capped games could be the way to go I was thinking about putting a certain amount in and if it goes then its time for a box set or a couple of hours watching twitch streams thanks again for taking the time to answer gl 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Back to mtts way out of my comfort zone on cash tables bad starting hands,bet sizing all over the place and just not believing recepie for disaster 
  • edited June 2017
    Sunday update 
     Well had a wee try at cash and found myself coming up a bit short I felt that it was slow but that could of been down to only playing one table or being used to spin ups but I dropped it and just bounced around playing whatever took my fancy. Been a good week for a gamble with a line each day on royal Ascot just clearing my bets the first two days and small losses the last three magnificent beasts and I think ITV done a really good job covering it
      On the home front we are looking for a break away for the good lady's birthday priced log cabins and the one she liked came in at £1850 for the week I nearly followed through, we could go all inclusive for a fortnight for the same money her birthday is at end of July so we have left it a bit late but we will sort something. The youngest daughter had her prom got a lovely picture of the two of us before she left On health to go for some sort of scan thingy on the stump they think there might be a bit of the stitch stuck in the wound the consultant said they would need to open it back up if that was the case. I don't think the filters would let me write down my answer
      Opening balance £356.70
      Closing balance  £367.80
     In the words of Hill Street Blues hey let's be careful out there   gl all
  • edited June 2017
    Nice thread Wee, just came accross this now.

Good luck your a true gent.

Ger
  • edited June 2017
    Good read and another small profit for the week, nice 1 :)
  • edited June 2017
    Nice thread Wee, just came accross this now. Good luck your a true gent. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thanks Ger will pop in to dyms through the week 
  • edited June 2017
    Good read and another small profit for the week, nice 1 :)
    Posted by markycash
    Cheers Mark and gl in the plo8 league 
  • edited June 2017

Keep up the good work m8.  Hill St. Blues, what a show.
  • edited July 2017
    Sunday morning up with the larks
    Think I'll go for a walk in the park
    yea yea yea what a beautiful day
    well actually it's raining and windy just let the dog out the backdoor and have a smoke and a coffee at the window
      Poker has been mixed spin ups minging, mtts ok, freerolls good 
     Playing in the main tonight courtesy of the freeroll matt bates must be filling his pampers especially after taking my bounty last night and just in case my game falls short I am bringing my mate bearace with me as backup so watch out the ploppers are coming 
     Opening balance £367.80
     Closing balance  £337.72
     Small loss this week but it was looking worse and managed to pull it back a wee bit so happy 
    Very best of luck to bearace tonight. Be nice everyone remember it's only a game gl and run good

• edited July 2017
     A respectul balance well managed.
  • edited July 2017
    GL in the main tonight Harry! And GL bearace too.
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by markycash
    Thanks Mark and mumsie will do my best
  • edited July 2017
    Sunday morning up with the larks Think I'll go for a walk in the park yea yea yea what a beautiful day well actually it's raining and windy just let the dog out the backdoor and have a smoke and a coffee at the window   Poker has been mixed spin ups minging, mtts ok, freerolls good   Playing in the main tonight courtesy of the freeroll matt bates must be filling his pampers especially after taking my bounty last night and just in case my game falls short I am bringing my mate bearace with me as backup so watch out the ploppers are coming   Opening balance £367.80  Closing balance  £337.72  Small loss this week but it was looking worse and managed to pull it back a wee bit so happy  Very best of luck to bearace tonight. Be nice everyone remember it's only a game gl and run good
    Posted by weecheez1
       Cheers Wee  -  lets hope we are not on the same table ( unless its's the final one!)  -  I would hate for either of us to take the other out...
             I have been in training and have read everything that Tikay has ever written about poker so am expecting an easy win tonight  .....  clearly that means you can only finish second!
  • edited July 2017
    Posted by markycash
        Cheers Marky   -  will you be playing tonight?  Be gentle to Wee and myself!
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheezy bountys all round :     Cheers Marky   -  will you be playing tonight?  Be gentle to Wee and myself!
    Posted by bearace
    Nah bearace I won't be playing tonight. Been taking care of things away from the tables over the last few weeks before the Vegas trip. Will get back to the poker properly when I get back.

Hope you both have a deep run!
  • edited July 2017
    Sunday morning up with the larks Think I'll go for a walk in the park yea yea yea what a beautiful day well actually it's raining and windy just let the dog out the backdoor and have a smoke and a coffee at the window   Poker has been mixed spin ups minging, mtts ok, freerolls good   Playing in the main tonight courtesy of the freeroll matt bates must be filling his pampers especially after taking my bounty last night and just in case my game falls short I am bringing my mate bearace with me as backup so watch out the ploppers are coming   Opening balance £367.80  Closing balance  £337.72  Small loss this week but it was looking worse and managed to pull it back a wee bit so happy  Very best of luck to bearace tonight. Be nice everyone remember it's only a game gl and run good
    Posted by weecheez1
    Best of luck tonight
  • edited July 2017
    gl tonight cheezy lad
  • edited July 2017
    ty matt and stoke
  • edited July 2017
    49th out of 127 enjoyed myself but think i could of played better roll on next time thanks sky
  • edited July 2017
    49th out of 127 enjoyed myself but think i could of played better roll on next time thanks sky
    Posted by weecheez1
      That pair of sixes you called with was the turning point  - I felt you were going to be in trouble.  Anyway well played Wee you lasted a lot longer than I did.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheezy bountys all round :   That pair of sixes you called with was the turning point  - I felt you were going to be in trouble.  Anyway well played Wee you lasted a lot longer than I did.
    Posted by bearace
    Thanks bear looking back I think it was a fold pre even though I was in front but had a good buzz and it was a good experience 
  • edited July 2017
    Sunday update 
      Quiet week much the same as last week with the mtt results up on the spin ups. I am needing something to focus my attention. Gave the plo8 bhs a rest and played the mini a few times so I think I will play the sats for the main and just win the jackpot seeing as how all the big guns are away to Vegas (not jealous in the slightest :-)  )very best of luck everyone 
     Had night off last night and had film night with good lady cheezy horrors being the order of the day and a few stellas forgot how much of a kick they have and on top of tablets not my best idea my head feels like someone is squeezing my brain 
     Opening balance £367.80
     Closing balance  £360.27
         Remember play nice