You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** OFFICIAL THREAD ** 387 SHARES FINALISED FOR AUGUST 1ST 2017 ONWARDS ** AUGUS

Comments

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A NO-GO FOR CHESTER 10/05/17 ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A NO-GO FOR CHESTER 10/05/17 ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 :     Hi G,   OK I'M ON IT.   DO WE KNOW  IT'S CHESTER OR EDUCATED GUESS?   R
    Posted by zadoc

Great, thanks R.

If it's not Chester, I would be amazed.

Was trying to find a funny anecdote, but nothing other than "eat my hat" and "I would be amazed" sprung to mind.

Anyhow if it's not Chester, you guys can pick a forfeit for me.

Something like playing Tikay at PLO8 DYM's for a week, would be a serious punishment :=)

Cheers,

G

P.S. Standby Remover's team. Anyone heard from Micky btw?
  • edited May 2017
    not sure on the banker atm but it does look a weak race.

i like khairaat in the first tho and wouldnt be surprized if that was odds on come off tomorrow.

P.S.
    im working 12hour dayshifts this week which i overworked myself today to give myself easier day tomorrow to look for removers. i missed my banker race which i was undecided on 2, 1 of which won :(.
  • edited May 2017
    I am goingto be out tomorrow all day.
    Nothing looks cut and dried,could be a few surprises.
    I have done an acca just for interest,not having any other bets
    Date  /  TimeBet TypeLegSortEvent/SelectionResultStakeReference
    10 May 17 / 20:04 Sixfold(s) 1 Standard 1:50 Chester  –  Win Brorocco @ Guaranteed Price (3/1) £7.20O/19249635/0000052/F
    2 Standard 1:50 Chester  –  Win Berkshire @ Guaranteed Price (7/1)
    3 Standard 2:25 Chester  –  Win Deauville @ Guaranteed Price (7/4)
    4 Standard 2:25 Chester  –  Win Royal Artillery @ Guaranteed Price (4/1)
    5 Standard 3:00 Chester  –  Win Via Egnatia @ Guaranteed Price (4/1)
    6 Standard 3:00 Chester  –  Win Rebel De Lope @ Guaranteed Price (12/1)
    7 Standard 3:00 Chester  –  Win Mailshot @ Guaranteed Price (16/1)
    8 Standard 3:35 Chester  –  Win Cunco @ Guaranteed Price (4/1)
    9 Standard 3:35 Chester  –  Win The Anvil @ Guaranteed Price (13/2)
    10 Standard 4:05 Chester  –  Win Dahik @ Guaranteed Price (10/11)
    11 Standard 4:05 Chester  –  Win Last Page @ Guaranteed Price (15/2)
    12 Standard 4:05 Chester  –  Win Auntie Pam @ Guaranteed Price (10/1)
    13 Standard 4:35 Chester  –  Win Full Intention @ Guaranteed Price (9/2)
    14 Standard 4:35 Chester  –  Win Zamjar @ Guaranteed Price (5/1)

Print page

• edited May 2017
    wynne you have removed the fav in first race any reason ie you think it dont run well fresh ?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A "PROBABLY" FOR CHESTER 11/05/17 ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    not sure on the banker atm but it does look a weak race. i like khairaat in the first tho and wouldnt be surprized if that was odds on come off tomorrow.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Hi Micky, thanks for this.

As always, I value your feedback. (It's always handy to have someone prepared to stick their neck out, so we can share the blame lol)

OK. I will look at that.

Are you saying you prefer we have Khairaat as the banker in the first and have say 2 or 3 selections in the 5th leg?

Or go for whichever one is the shortest price at 1.20pm?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    ps i think chester is a much better choice than the last meeting
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A "PROBABLY" FOR CHESTER 11/05/17 ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A "PROBABLY" FOR CHESTER 11/05/17 ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : Hi Micky, thanks for this. As always, I value your feedback. (It's always handy to have someone prepared to stick their neck out, so we can share the blame lol) OK. I will look at that.   Are you saying you prefer we have that as the banker in the first and have say 2 or 3 selections in the 5th leg? Or go for whichever one is the shortest price at 1.20pm? Let me know your thoughts. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    yeah i have broad shoulders lol 

for me id go with the shortest come 1.20 pm
    btw ill be removing any in the first bar favourite.
    its had 3 runs 2 wins and was narroly beat in its maiden.

could others look at the 2 races and see if they strongly fancy anything please
  • edited May 2017
    wynne you have removed the fav in first race any reason ie you think it dont run well fresh ?
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    I am just looking for value,but if I was investing a large amount,I would not leave the fav .out.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** IT'S A "PROBABLY" FOR CHESTER 11/05/17 ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : yeah i have broad shoulders lol  for me id go with the shortest come 1.20 pm btw ill be removing any in the first bar favourite. its had 3 runs 2 wins and was narroly beat in its maiden. could others look at the 2 races and see if they strongly fancy anything please
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    OK, if I do that, the final selections are going to be quite fluid until 1.20pm, and potential still so up until 1.50pm. As I will need to have a Plan A and a Plan B in case anything drastic happens last minute (betting wise) in the market for the first race.

Problem with the banker in the first is twofold, one it's disappointing for everyone if it loses (no sweat) and two, if it's a big drifter late on, a plan B is needed very quickly.

One advantage is that, being the first race, you have the full information available regarding the betting market, but the bet will need to be placed at the very last minute, which is OK, but one does need to be careful.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    AGREED and wouldnt want to be in your shoes ;)

1 thing im looking at if there is non runners in the 16.05 (5th race) which i can see happening it should push the horse odds on further. 
    also ive not looked but there ment to be rain tommorow in some parts of country which some of these horses dont like so might get alot of late non runners.
    ill check weather in abit. 
  • edited May 2017
    im struggling to fancy anything tbh, graham take my selection with very lightly.
  • edited May 2017
    weather should be fine, raining in evening
  • edited May 2017
    One thing for certain. From today's races was that the low draw was important.
  • edited May 2017
    One thing for certain. From today's races was that the low draw was important.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Yep, I am on to that, thanks Wynne.

I did mention that yesterday too.

One of the biggest low draw biases in the country, also favours prominent runners.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Graham

I out all day tomoz as well. No not with wynne

For what its worth

my other horses apart from my naps are

Tamleek 3,35

Dragons Tail 4.05 dascombe loves Winners at Chester and if he has taught this boy to jump out of stalls quick this time Draw 2 makes him a player against fav

Zamjar
  • edited May 2017
    Hi all, following on from todays small cash, please find the opening post transactions and ledger updated accordingly. Screenshots of the Betting Account balance and transactions have been sent to Dollie and Snuffer.

Please note, we now have £1,610.25 in the kitty and the share value is currently £8.70.

I do not feel that the share value is enough to justify the admin of declaring a dividend at this time. Is that acceptable to everyone?

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Graham,
               I would think that the best time to distribute any dividend would be on the last day before the next monthly period starts when the syndicate is open to new members. This would enable all that months funds to be distributed and therefore clear the way for  a clean start with possibly new members  - this would make the accounting process easier to manage.
              I have to say that I would quite like the idea of capping the shares available to 200  as if there are too many more than this the value of the present members shares become rather too diluted. I think that the members who  were willing to join this venture from the start deserve to have this protection. A starting pot of £1000 each month seems to me to be a workable amount.
             Anyway despite this view I will always accept your opinion!
  • edited May 2017
    Agree with you.
  • edited May 2017
    Syndicate Members,

I have recieved the screenshots of the Totesport account and can confirm the amended ledger on the opening post is correct and the account has a balance of £1610.25.

• edited May 2017
    greaat result today guys,well done all with there selections and removals ;-)
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD **PLEASE FIND THE UPDATED LEDGER FOLLOWING ON FROM THE 11/05/17 RESULTS AT CHESTER ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    Hi all, following on from todays small cash, please find the opening post transactions and ledger updated accordingly. Screenshots of the Betting Account balance and transactions have been sent to Dollie and Snuffer. Please note, we now have £1,610.25 in the kitty and the share value is currently £8.70 . I do not feel that the share value is enough to justify the admin of declaring a dividend at this time. Is that acceptable to everyone? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

I have given this quite a bit of thought and agree with your last paragraph as highlighted. However, should “new” members wish to join, they would need “buy in” for the share value at that time. As there will be no new members before 26th May, the share price could be as much as £13.70 (ie £8.70 as above plus £5 payable by current members on the 24th). So somebody who wanted 5 shares would need to buy in for £68.50, which is quite a big amount when compared to 5 shares costing £25 when we started.

Phillip (Bearace) makes some very good points in his post. We currently have 24 shareholders with ranging numbers of shares totalling 185. I believe that double this amount could be manageable, it is just a matter of administration. Whilst much of this falls on Graham’s shoulders, he does have support from Stewart (Snuffer) and myself in terms of shareholdings and fund movements. He also has support from the other “experts” both from within the syndicate and outside the syndicate on the “operational” side. And how good have they all proved to be!

To make it attractive for others to join it would be necessary, in my view, to have a “buy in” as close to £5 as possible. This would mean that a dividend would need to be declared before “new” members could join. I would propose that the value of the “kitty” on the 23rd of each month be the value of the dividend and this would be allocated to each shareholder in accordance with the number of shares they hold. It would not be difficult for this to be recorded and circulated to shareholders without the need to make regular payments. This could be accrued and paid out on a non-regular basis, say once every six months.

In the event that the share value is less than £5 on the 23rd, then a “new” member would be able to buy in below par without it affecting the share value of current members

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD **PLEASE FIND THE UPDATED LEDGER FOLLOWING ON FROM THE 11/05/17 RESULTS AT CHESTER ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD **PLEASE FIND THE UPDATED LEDGER FOLLOWING ON FROM THE 11/05/17 RESULTS AT CHESTER ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : I have given this quite a bit of thought and agree with your last paragraph as highlighted. However, should “new” members wish to join, they would need “buy in” for the share value at that time. As there will be no new members before 26 th May, the share price could be as much as £13.70 (ie £8.70 as above plus £5 payable by current members on the 24 th ). So somebody who wanted 5 shares would need to buy in for £68.50, which is quite a big amount when compared to 5 shares costing £25 when we started. Phillip (Bearace) makes some very good points in his post. We currently have 24 shareholders with ranging numbers of shares totalling 185. I believe that double this amount could be manageable, it is just a matter of administration. Whilst much of this falls on Graham’s shoulders, he does have support from Stewart (Snuffer) and myself in terms of shareholdings and fund movements. He also has support from the other “experts” both from within the syndicate and outside the syndicate on the “operational” side. And how good have they all proved to be! To make it attractive for others to join it would be necessary, in my view, to have a “buy in” as close to £5 as possible. This would mean that a dividend would need to be declared before “new” members could join. I would propose that the value of the “kitty” on the 23 rd of each month be the value of the dividend and this would be allocated to each shareholder in accordance with the number of shares they hold. It would not be difficult for this to be recorded and circulated to shareholders without the need to make regular payments. This could be accrued and paid out on a non-regular basis, say once every six months. In the event that the share value is less than £5 on the 23 rd , then a “new” member would be able to buy in below par without it affecting the share value of current members
    Posted by Dollie
    Hi Dollie and Bearace, thanks for your comments and thoughts.

There are quite a few things to consider here, I have thought quite a bit about this too. I am a bit tired atm, it's been a long couple of days, however I will reply more fully to you both tomorrow.

I agree with the principle's/thoughts that you both mention and will address this in the morning if that's OK.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    I was hoping not to be able to do this so soon, however the opening post has been updated with today's transactions and the ledge following on from today's losing perms.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Syndicate Members,

I have received the screenshots from the Totesport account and can confirm the amended ledger on the opening post is correct and the account has a balance of £1,252.75.
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Graham,            I would think that the best time to distribute any dividend would be on the last day before the next monthly period starts when the syndicate is open to new members. This would enable all that months funds to be distributed and therefore clear the way for  a clean start with possibly new members  - this would make the accounting process easier to manage.           I have to say that I would quite like the idea of capping the shares available to 200  as if there are too many more than this the value of the present members shares become rather too diluted. I think that the members who  were willing to join this venture from the start deserve to have this protection. A starting pot of £1000 each month seems to me to be a workable amount.          Anyway despite this view I will always accept your opinion!
    Posted by bearace

Hi Bearace.

Regarding the above, I agree with the principle of what you are saying but not the figures.

I think it is important not to be swayed by recent results (both in frequency and amounts)

I only expect us to win 1 in 12 times but expect the average win amount to be > 12 * our stake. So we have to look at potentially not winning for 3 months even 4 months with that variance.

I would estimate on average, suitable conditions will occur say 6 times a month, and ideally would like to be able to stake between £400 and £500 a time.

This means optimally we need approx £2,500 per month in the pool. As it currently stands, if we have a bad start, we'd have to stop mid month, which is OK, but not ideal.

Anyhow, due to this, I propose a cap, if it comes to it, of 500 shares = £2,500 per month. (Max 100 per person) This may feel like it is diluting the small share holder, but £1,000 only really buys us two or three attempts at a push. So we'd be twiddling out thumbs missing potential good rollovers in the 2nd part of the month. It also allows "serious" investors and small stake holders alike, to be involved at a level that is significant/suitable for them.

Just as a side issue. People mention things like "Doing the SCOOP6" to me. My take on that is that the unit stake is £2 (four times the Jackpot stake) and because they pick all tough races. To follow our strategy, we'd need to do a perm at least 4 times our normal size. So we just can't do it as it's ultimately 16 times the cost. Take tomorrow there will probably be £1,000,000 in the pool, win and bonus fund, but we could never go fo it even with 500 shares in total as it would just cost too much to do it properly.

I hope this answers your question? As I say, I very much agree with the principle but not the figures.

Regarding Dividends, I will reply to Dollie's post which will hopefully answer your questions.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Graham,
                As usual a thoughtful and well explained answer. I will just have to consder doubling (or more) my number of shares to maintain my percentage holding in the syndicate.With a few more winning days that should not be too hard a decision!
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD **PLEASE FIND THE UPDATED LEDGER FOLLOWING ON FROM THE 11/05/17 RESULTS AT CHESTER ** SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017 : I have given this quite a bit of thought and agree with your last paragraph as highlighted. However, should “new” members wish to join, they would need “buy in” for the share value at that time. As there will be no new members before 26 th May, the share price could be as much as £13.70 (ie £8.70 as above plus £5 payable by current members on the 24 th ). So somebody who wanted 5 shares would need to buy in for £68.50, which is quite a big amount when compared to 5 shares costing £25 when we started. Phillip (Bearace) makes some very good points in his post. We currently have 24 shareholders with ranging numbers of shares totalling 185. I believe that double this amount could be manageable, it is just a matter of administration. Whilst much of this falls on Graham’s shoulders, he does have support from Stewart (Snuffer) and myself in terms of shareholdings and fund movements. He also has support from the other “experts” both from within the syndicate and outside the syndicate on the “operational” side. And how good have they all proved to be! To make it attractive for others to join it would be necessary, in my view, to have a “buy in” as close to £5 as possible. This would mean that a dividend would need to be declared before “new” members could join. I would propose that the value of the “kitty” on the 23 rd of each month be the value of the dividend and this would be allocated to each shareholder in accordance with the number of shares they hold. It would not be difficult for this to be recorded and circulated to shareholders without the need to make regular payments. This could be accrued and paid out on a non-regular basis, say once every six months. In the event that the share value is less than £5 on the 23 rd , then a “new” member would be able to buy in below par without it affecting the share value of current members
    Posted by Dollie

Hi Dollie, as I alluded to in my reply to Bearace. I do not expect us to win very often (1 in 12 times), but I do expect the average dividend to be significantly higher than our recent cash,

With this in mind, I propose to make a dividend when the share value exceeds £25. The dividend will be a multiple of £5 that will leave the share value between £7.50 and £12.50.

Yes this could mean that the one off payments for new members or players that increase their stake is higher than their monthly amount going forward, but this is the lesser of the evils imo, and it also means I can do all that processing between 26th-29th of the month, ready for start of new betting month. When they do make the one-off payment, the next amount will not be due until the 24th of the following month.

Lets say we declare a dividend of £20 because the share value is around £30. The process for me will be as follows (Assuming 185 shares):

1) Transfer £3,700 to my current account. (can't make payments direct from Jackpot Syndicate account)
    2) Pay ALL members in one go. (not drip drab)
    3) Update ledgers etc accordingly.

Obviously, it's a lot of work making 24 payments, so I don't want to be doing it all the time for small amounts.

As I want to make all the payments in one go, I will need everyone's bank details by the time we do this.

HINT, HINT, There is at least 10 of you who's bank details I still do not have.

I hope this is acceptable to you and everyone Dollie.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Regarding optimal total number of shares, please read my reply to Bearace.
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Graham,             As usual a thoughtful and well explained answer. I will just have to consder doubling (or more) my number of shares to maintain my percentage holding in the syndicate.With a few more winning days that should not be too hard a decision!
    Posted by bearace

Great stuff, although I will always say to anyone, please only spend what you can afford and are prepared to lose.