You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** OFFICIAL THREAD ** 387 SHARES FINALISED FOR AUGUST 1ST 2017 ONWARDS ** AUGUS

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Hi Syndicate Members,

I have received screenshots of the betting account after today's Ascot bet of £144 and can confirm the opening post showing a balance of £781 is correct.

Unlucky today, good luck going forward.

• edited May 2017
    It's kind of tempting to go for it again tomorrow as all race cards except Musselburgh evening meeting have perfect configurations.

However, I think we should be patient and wait for a bigger rollover, although there is every chance it will be won tomorrow.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** ALL PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED. TY. SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
      My knowledge of raacing is not good, i will pass on the REMOVERS tomorrow, i have no idea how you which horses are hold up & which front runners!   Good luck us.   Roger 
    Posted by zadoc

Hi Roger.

You can't do any worse than I did with my removals today, so I do hope you join in with this on the next attempt.

I really would be very happy to have your input, this is a team thing.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    jackpot at lingfield 
    think ill be doing a placepot again
  • edited May 2017
    Bearace has just pointed out that the Racing Post needs to know the jackpot meeting before going to press.
    He would post this himself, but he's quite shy.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: ** JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD ** ALL PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED. TY. SHARE DEALINGS ARE NOW FROZEN UNTIL 26TH MAY 2017:
    Bearace has just pointed out that the Racing Post needs to know the jackpot meeting before going to press. He would post this himself, but he's quite shy.
    Posted by chilling
    Do we know where the Racing Post would display it. It is visible online?

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017

Does anyone subscribe to racing post MEMBERS CLUB & if so when is JACKPOT meeting info available?

R
  • edited May 2017
    no rollover for friday
  • edited May 2017
    no rollover for friday
    Posted by mkgunner
    Hi MK. I think you will find is was part won. So I think there is a small rollover but not enough for us to attempt it. 

• edited May 2017
    Both Lingfield and Chepstow look quite tough tomorrow, so would be hopeful of a rollover.

After that of course it is the 2000 Guineas card at Newmarket on Saturday, followed by the 1000 Guineas card on Sunday.

(The 1,000 and 2,000 Guineas are two of the 5 races know as "Classics", the other's being the Oaks, the Derby and the St Ledger)

The card on Saturday is only average configuration wise, and Sunday's card would be too tough, so we really just want to be cheering on rollovers until Monday.

GL to those having a punt over the weekend (the Newmarket cards should be good for those attempting placepot perms of their own)

Some great horseracing ahead. I may indeed go to Newmarket as it is only a 40 minute drive from me.

Cheers,

G

• edited May 2017

JACKPOT meeting tomorrow ( SAT ) is CHEPSTOW

R
  • edited May 2017

Thanks R.

We can stand down, tough card and rollover too small.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    for those new to racing that are following all of the horses in the guineas are top top horses as will the undercards, the racing on sat and sunday will be of the highest standard there is, any money wagered your horses/jockeys will be giving there all.

me im extremely busy as most weekends due to my littlest in a judo comp and eldest in a footy comp sunday.

enjoy it 

micky
  • edited May 2017

No surprise JACKPOT meeting tomorrow ( SAT ) NEWMARKET

R
  • edited May 2017
       No surprise JACKPOT meeting tomorrow ( SAT ) NEWMARKET    R
    Posted by zadoc

Yes, thx Roger and it will be there on Sunday too.

Would be good if we can get two rollovers, Sunday in particular is very tough, although we'd need a few favourites beat on Saturday for it to rollover.

• edited May 2017
    £10,582 rollover to Newmarket tomorrow. (Sunday)

First three legs look quite competitive, then the last three not so much so.

Will probably need an outsider to come in somewhere to get a rollover.

If so, we could be on for Monday.

Will keep you updated.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    got a busy day tomorrow but monday ill be about :)
  • edited May 2017
    OK, It's a rollover.

No idea on where the Jackpot card will be tomorrow.

My thoughts on whether we do it or not, are as follows:

AYR: YES
    SOUTHWELL (AW): YES
    STRATFORD: NO
    CHELMSFORD (AW): YES
    WINDSOR: PROBABLY NOT, BUT WOULD NEED TO RE-ASSESS TOMORROW

So it would be good if we can somehow get an early sight of where it is, team on standby until then.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Says  Windsor   first race 17.50  on the tote website    -earliest announcement ever?!!
  • edited May 2017
    Says  Windsor   first race 17.50  on the tote website    -earliest announcement ever?!!
    Posted by bearace
    That was quick indeed. Thx bearace.

Well that does leave me with a dilemma.

I will have to think about it.

It's an evening meeting so we have some time.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    I'm looking at the Windsor card and I think we need to be patient and give this one a miss.

Of course it will be frustrating if it is won, but there are too many big fields where a potential Jackpot busting outsider may win.

So we will watch with interest and hope for a rollover. Although a lot of people will go for it, so we'll see.

I think discretion is the better part of valour here.

Don't worry about doing the spreadsheet Roger.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    I'm looking at the Windsor card and I think we need to be patient and give this one a miss. Of course it will be frustrating if it is won, but there are too many big fields where a potential Jackpot busting outsider may win. So we will watch with interest and hope for a rollover. Although a lot of people will go for it, so we'll see. I think discretion is the better part of valour here. Don't worry about doing the spreadsheet Roger. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Was just going to post exactly the same after having a quick look through the card. Roll on another rollover...
  • edited May 2017
    Hi guys.

So you can keep track of the rollovers and when we have/are going for it, I have added a spreadsheet accordingly to the opening post.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    Had this thought while I was in the bath this morning!  

If a situation arose when we had got through the first 5 legs of the jackpot and ,for example,we had say 4 of the  7 runners in the last leg and we knew more or less what we might win with any of our selections  - would  it make sense to back the remaining  3 selections to cover the cost of our perm of even to show a small profit? It would be most likely that the 3 we did not have would be outsiders and these could be backed according to the price so that if any of those 3 won we would cover the cost of our perm  -  of course if they lost we would get the jackpot up with a profit reduced by the amount we bet on the 3 outsiders. If we are talking about hopefully a large dividend the cost of the losing covering bets would not make a lot of difference. These outsiders could be backed on the exchanges at bigger prices than available eleswhere.

For example: We have laid out £500 on our perm and we are through to leg 6 . The remaining 3 that we do not have are available at  10/1  16/1  33/1   We could back them -  £65  @  10/1 ,  £40 @ 16/1 and £20 @ 33/1 

That would mean a total outlay of  £500  + the cost of the bets £125  =   £625.

So if we got the jackpot up we would lose £125 from our returns but I am sure we would still be happy.If one of the 3 that we did not have in our perm won  we would get back either  £650,£640 or £660  resulting in a profit and lessening the disappointment of losing in the last leg of our jackpot bet.

Of course every situation will be different with regards to the size of our perm, how many runners there are and how many we have backed in the last race -   if it happens to be  a large field it would not be pratical to back say 5 or more horses but if a situation did arise similar to the example I have given then I think it makes a lot of sense to consider this type of insurance.

I was in the bath for quite a long time!

• edited May 2017
    Had this thought while I was in the bath this morning!     If a situation arose when we had got through the first 5 legs of the jackpot and ,for example,we had say 4 of the  7 runners in the last leg and we knew more or less what we might win with any of our selections  - would  it make sense to back the remaining  3 selections to cover the cost of our perm of even to show a small profit? It would be most likely that the 3 we did not have would be outsiders and these could be backed according to the price so that if any of those 3 won we would cover the cost of our perm  -  of course if they lost we would get the jackpot up with a profit reduced by the amount we bet on the 3 outsiders. If we are talking about hopefully a large dividend the cost of the losing covering bets would not make a lot of difference. These outsiders could be backed on the exchanges at bigger prices than available eleswhere.    For example: We have laid out £500 on our perm and we are through to leg 6 . The remaining 3 that we do not have are available at  10/1  16/1  33/1   We could back them -  £65  @  10/1 ,  £40 @ 16/1 and £20 @ 33/1       That would mean a total outlay of  £500  + the cost of the bets £125  =   £625. So if we got the jackpot up we would lose £125 from our returns but I am sure we would still be happy.If one of the 3 that we did not have in our perm won  we would get back either  £650,£640 or £660  resulting in a profit and lessening the disappointment of losing in the last leg of our jackpot bet.       Of course every situation will be different with regards to the size of our perm, how many runners there are and how many we have backed in the last race -   if it happens to be  a large field it would not be pratical to back say 5 or more horses but if a situation did arise similar to the example I have given then I think it makes a lot of sense to consider this type of insurance.    I was in the bath for quite a long time!               
    Posted by bearace
    LOL.

Hi Bearace, this was mentioned to me by Phantom a while ago too.

My response is still the same.

In the hopeful situation where we are still in coming up to the last leg, I don't really want to be responsible for backing the other horses.

Some days I may be on the school run and not home in time for last race. There may not be enough in the kitty etc.

However, I understand why you ask, and there is absolutely nothing to stop you or others doing your own bets in these situations. I just don't want to do it using the money from the kitty for various reasons.

If this scenario happens, I may make a post after the 5th leg, suggesting people back horses x,y and z if they want to cover themselves. The amount people do it for should be appropriate, according to their number of shares.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    OK, I have taken a look at tomorrow's cards.

In the event of a rollover at Windsor today, this is my thoughts.

AYR: PROBABLY
    FAKENHAM: YES
    FFOS LAS: YES
    EXETER: YES
    LEICESTER: MAYBE

OK, Ayr is a "probably" as it is likely that our banker will need to be in the 1st race again (it's the only odds-on shot on the card)

Whilst statistically it makes no difference what race our "banker" is in, I do hope for a decent run and a "sweat" for the syndicate, so not sure if we should do this. I did look at having two in the first leg, but that would really narrow our perm later on.

Leicester is a "maybe" as it is a reasonable card, but there is no clear banker.

If it is a rollover, I will post again on this thread and ask people their thoughts.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    25.5 units left into leg 4 very hopefull of a rollover here but no chance of a announcment until tomorrow morn of next meeting.
  • edited May 2017
    Hi all.

I think Ayr will be the most likely, so we may well have the first race "banker" dilemma.

We could have a PLAN A with just the banker in the first.

Then a PLAN B, if the "banker" drifts, or there is strong support for another horse, we could have two selections in the first leg, but it would be at the expense of removing at least two horses further down the line.

I would welcome your early thoughts.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    for me stick with the banker. its a 6 horse race so if a odds on shot loses so be it.

a few harder races needs more selections imo.
  • edited May 2017
    Looks like there will be 4 units going through to the last race at Windsor, so rollover not so likely now. :=(