You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Little One Drop Day 2 & the Sky Poker Magnificent SEVEN

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Who are among the 150 or so combatants up against our heroes?

Chris Ferguson is among them, as is Ben Yu, James Calderaro and Upeskha Da Silva who've all won bracelets this series, 2-time bracelet winner Dan Heimiller and former November Niner Pierre Neuville.
  • edited July 2017
    Just call me Markycash. No sooner than I typed the above post than Pierre Neuville has been eliminated
  • edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Little One Drop Day 2 & the Sky Poker Magnificent SEVEN:
    Just call me Markycash. No sooner than I typed the above post than Pierre Neuville has been eliminated
    Posted by FCHD
    Barny Bok
  • edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017
    FHCD's WSOP thread is always a highlight and must read, but the little one drop updates from Tikay and his understudy, plopper extraordinaire MarkyCrash have been both entertaining and very thorough. Running bad at the minute with a broken leg (fibia and tibia!) so it has helped me pass the day!

Very best of luck to all the Sky players still in and keep up the good work TK and Mark.
  • edited July 2017
    The latest walk through the ever more sparse Amazon room has revealed the following chip stack counts for our remaining 3 Sky players...

JCordy - 350k
    Stacker - 80k
    RektSai - 260k

There is now around 15 minutes left of level 19 (4k/8k blinds with a 1k ante). The next level will see the blinds go to 5k/10k with a 1k ante. So the BB will be precisely the same as the starting stack for the event.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Little One Drop Day 2 & the Sky Poker Magnificent SEVEN:
    Fantastic play by all the Sky team. Also a very big thank you to Tony and Mark for the updates. 
    Posted by pompeynic
    Thanks nic!

Posted by FCHD
    Ooft, harsh :-P

FHCD's WSOP thread is always a highlight and must read, but the little one drop updates from Tikay and his understudy, plopper extraordinaire MarkyCrash have been both entertaining and very thorough. Running bad at the minute with a broken leg (fibia and tibia!) so it has helped me pass the day! Very best of luck to all the Sky players still in and keep up the good work TK and Mark.
    Posted by nickkay
    Plopper extraordinaire, I can live with that :D I have been called much worse (mostly by Tikay).

Thanks nickkay :)
  • edited July 2017
    A reminder of the money jumps the 3 Sky players are looking to negotiate...

Position

Prize in $’s

10-12

13-15

16-18

19-27

28-36

37-45

46-54

55-63

64-72

73-81

82-90

91-99

100-162

• edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017
    Who are among the 150 or so combatants up against our heroes? Chris Ferguson is among them, as is Ben Yu, James Calderaro and Upeskha Da Silva who've all won bracelets this series, 2-time bracelet winner Dan Heimiller and former November Niner Pierre Neuville.
    Posted by FCHD
    No sign of Chris Ferguson on my last perambulate of the room.

Barny Bok is in fine form.
  • edited July 2017

120 left.

Chip counts incoming shortly from my very own Debbie McGee.

• edited July 2017
    McBokker here visited Stacker's table and he promptly doubled up and is now sitting with 180k.

Both JCordy and RektSai are working stacks in the region of 280k.

• edited July 2017
    Great commentary guys and solid play - hope it's  a 1-2-3 at the top :) positive thoughts :)
  • edited July 2017
    Bring home the goods boys gl gl gl
  • edited July 2017
    Not been able to read the forum over the last couple of days and so just catching up.... WONDERFUL NEWS!... good luck moving on and top work with the updates. Be sensible Tikay.....
  • edited July 2017
    On my phone as I am railing the players. Proper updates to follow.

There will be 6 more hands played and then day 2 will be done and dusted.

104 players remain, all sky players still in.
  • edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017

Gl to those left in. Thanks to TK and the hairy rsed caber to sser for the updates. See you on Monday at 7.15 Marky. No colluding mind.
  • edited July 2017
    Lol pom and thanks.

100 remain and the players are bagging up their chips.

All 3 will be returning for day 3.

Great job lads!
  • edited July 2017
    It's a bit surreal here right now. Plenty of atmo in Amazon - or what remains of it. 70% of the tables & chairs have been removed, leaving vast expanses of nothing but carpet. Both the Main & the Little One Drop are still in there, but that's only a collective 5-600 players, all squished up in the corner, like squatters who refuse to leave. Down the corridor, Pavilion is completely empty, & closed off.   Miranda is part dismantled, only Brasilia remains intact. The Main Event will play to a conclusion there, maybe the One Drop, too. Not an easy room for updaters to work, as it's the ESPN hub, & the ESPN Gestapo soon shoo any interlopers away. Everyone is an interloper to ESPN.   All the merchandise stalls in the Rio Corridor are being dismantled, & the Poker Kitchen closed earlier this evening.   Still, on the plus side, for the first time since the end of May, there are no queues for the Restrooms.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Gg :(
  • edited July 2017
    Great reporting folks, very interesting reading.

How many runners were there in this and how many Sky qualifiers?

Pretty good to get 7 into the money and 3 into the top 100 if you ask me.

• edited July 2017
    Hi folks

Apologies for the delay in winding this up.

I stayed with the players until the end so I could get accurate final chip counts.

It then dawned on me that it was very late and the players are back up here early tomorrow so I drove a couple of them back to the Palazzo so they didn't waste too much time getting back.

Some final updates to follow...

• edited July 2017
    According to the plasma we finished the day with 100 players (1 off the next pay jump).

That means they have all locked up at least $3,454. If they can fade 1 elimination at the start of play tomorrow they will be guaranteed $3,997, an extra $543. The pay jumps get steep from there on out.

The closing stacks sizes if my notes are correct are as follows...

JCordy - 260k
    Stacker - 260k
    RektSai - 270k

Those may be slightly off but will be rather close.

• edited July 2017
    On one of my last wanders around the Amazon room I found JCordy pondering a hand which he had just played.

He had 300k at the time with blinds at 5k/10k with a 1k ante. The under the gun player shoved for 70k. Another early position player shoved all in for 120k and a mid position player shoves all in for around 1 million. JCordy looks down at pocket jacks (he only has a 1k ante invested in the pot). So what would you do here?

He folded and the players tabled 77, TT & AJ and JCordy would have been ahead and held. I said my opinion was the same as his and that it was a fold. A couple of other players I spoke to agree. I think in the long run the fold is the +ev play here, just frustrating for JCordy that he was good and would have held on this occassion.
  • edited July 2017
    Great reporting folks, very interesting reading. How many runners were there in this and how many Sky qualifiers? Pretty good to get 7 into the money and 3 into the top 100 if you ask me.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Cheers Hendrik!

There were 4,391 players who entered in total and there were around 45 Sky qualifiers for this event?

659 entrants made the money.

If we presumed every entrant had the same skill level then we might expect just under 7 players to make the money so the players have done better than expectation on that count.

Using the same logic we might expect 1 player to make the top 100 so to have 3 is utterly brilliant. On top of that they all have playable stacks!

Edit: I should probably add... that is not even accounting for the people with deep pockets taking several shots at this as it was a re-entry.
  • edited July 2017
    Well that mostly wraps day 2 up.

Day 3 begins at 2.pm Vegas time which is 10.pm UK time.

Apart from the bracelet which is on the line the players will be playing for these cash amounts...

Position

Prize in $’s

10-12

13-15

16-18

19-27

28-36

37-45

46-54

55-63

64-72

73-81

82-90

91-99

100-162

• edited July 2017

how good are we?*

* by association

• edited July 2017
    That is my stint helping with the reporting done. I have to take care of a few things here tomorrow and then I am homeward bound on Sunday.

It has been an absolute pleasure to meet everyone on the trip and amazing to get to work with Tikay for the last couple of days (even if he does call me all sorts of silly names). At least I didn't bok everyone!

Well done to all the Sky players who cashed and hopefully those who did not still had an enjoyable experience overall.

I will bring my reporting to a close by wishing the remaining 3 Sky players a massive dose of good luck for tomorrow!
  • edited July 2017
    That is my stint helping with the reporting done. I have to take care of a few things here tomorrow and then I am homeward bound on Sunday. It has been an absolute pleasure to meet everyone on the trip and amazing to get to work with Tikay for the last couple of days (even if he does call me all sorts of silly names). At least I didn't bok everyone! Well done to all the Sky players who cashed and hopefully those who did not still had an enjoyable experience overall. I will bring my reporting to a close by wishing the remaining 3 Sky players a massive dose of good luck for tomorrow!
    Posted by markycash
    Hi, we don't know each other as far as I am aware but please accept my sincere thanks for your time and effort. I especially thank you for taking some of the strain off the old fella. It will have been greatly appreciated.