You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
8k tourny,  220  quid buy in....

Comments

• edited April 2010

what can i say i finally make it to monthly league freeroll & when i reg & check to see what cash prizes there are prize pool says £2,200 i click blinds & payouts & see there is no cash at all just top 10 get a seat in a £8k tourney " totally disappointed " all that effort for nothing

there are plenty of freerolls already for winning seats in various tourneys so why can't sky leave LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL as it was    dtw
  • edited April 2010
    yer isnt it a seat into the 50 capped end of monthy jobby!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH???:
    8k tourny,  220  quid buy in....
    Posted by rats107

15K PRIMO  33  quid  buy in plus loads of freerolls &  sats

12K BH       22   quid  buy in plus loads of freerolls & sats

• edited April 2010
    im sure tikay said 'sky will be giving away 15 seats' he forgot to say sky is taking away the 2k prize pool.

sky you should of told the players last month what the prize would be, so players knew what they where playing for.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? :    15K PRIMO  33  quid  buy in plus loads of freerolls &  sats    12K BH       22   quid  buy in plus loads of freerolls & sats    
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    but this is capped to 50 players giving u muhc more chance than the 700 that enter the boutny hunter
  • edited April 2010

Freechips1 is right, it would have been nice to know this information last month.

However, looking on the plus side there's an extra £200 in the prize pool!
  • edited April 2010

What happens if you cant play thursday nights? You win a seat in to a tournament you cant play in. Will they let people deregister and cash out i think not.

Im ok i can play most thursdays what about the ones on shift work, just not sure it was thought through properly.

• edited April 2010
    Freechips1 is right, it would have been nice to know this information last month. However, looking on the plus side there's an extra £200 in the prize pool!
    Posted by uber_rock
    200 extra is great, i wish i had been told as i wouldnt of already won my seat in a satillite.
    why would i pay to go in a satillie if i was already in one.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? : 200 extra is great, i wish i had been told as i wouldnt of already won my seat in a satillite. why would i pay to go in a satillie if i was already in one.
    Posted by freechips1
    Thats a good point, hopefully if u do go on to win another seat on sunday, sky will credit you the £220
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH???:
          what can i say i finally make it to monthly league freeroll & when i reg & check to see what cash prizes there are prize pool says £2,200 i click blinds & payouts & see there is no cash at all just top 10 get a seat in a £8 tourney " totally disappointed " all that effort for nothing    there are plenty of freerolls already for winning seats in various tourneys so why can't sky leave LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL as it was    dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

Here here....come on Sky...fairplay now.
  • edited April 2010

Well its been my best month ever on SKY POKER and I have finally got into this freeroll but like DTW has said, what happens in any of the top 10 cannot make this Thursday night Tourney???.

I hope it will allow qualifiers to de-register and get the cash as this would allow seats to then become available for those who wish to play in it and not FORCED to play in it.

Any thoughts on this anyone?
  • edited April 2010
    The reason this was changed is simples folks - it guarantees that any winnings go straight back into the general tournament cash pool, so sky has no worries about players cashing in the winnings, also in the event that they do not get 50 players, this will act like a 'top up' of registered players for them in this tourney to cover any shortfall. What everyone has to realise is that things like this don't change on a whim, things are discussed, meetings held etc before changes are acted upon, so you can bet your bottom dollar that its more beneficial to sky this way, but that's business remember! One another point, i wonder what became of that wonderful 1000 point freeroll for £100? PS i would never be able to make thursdays myself, as would many other players.
  • edited April 2010
    im sure if you satellite into a mtt and then want to de-reg you get your origonal buyin back not the ammount the mtt is for, so in the case of the league stars if you de-reg then you would get £0 back, i think.
  • edited April 2010
    im sure if you satellite into a mtt and then want to de-reg you get your original buyin back not the ammount the mtt is for, so in the case of the league stars if you de-reg then you would get £0 back, i think.
    Posted by freechips1

You don't even get that back!! and you have to go through customer care to get re - entered, once your in a tourney via a sat, you have to play or lose the lot. If you satellite into the same tourney twice in normal cicumstances (i dont know why) you would only get the one seat and no refund on the second however, In your case, if you win twice i would say it would be an exception if you argued it, maybe they would put you in the next month one as well?
  • edited April 2010
    This whole thing needs clarification me thinks, im not available the day of the big sky ds tourney so pointless playing in a sat for it,gutted and feel cheated with this one tbh,talk about moving the goal posts..
  • edited April 2010
    I voted yes (keep the cash prizes) for these two reasons;

1. My other half (Lea116311) watched me playing in the Febuary LS freeroll, she liked what she saw and decided to try and win a seat for herself in March. She worked really hard through the month playing loads of STTs, always going for maximum league points. She was absolutely delighted to make a top 150 finish and successfully qualified for the LS freeroll for the first time. All this time she thought the LS had cash prizes. Unfortunately, while she can play in the LS freeroll on a Sunday easily enough, she works every Thursday evening. If she won a seat in the DS she wouldn't be able to participate. Her employer cannot/will not grant days off at short notice. As you can imagine she is now very disappointed.

2. As a milkman I'm up at 1-15am six days a week, I'm in bed by 7-00pm, so I never play poker in the evening and I can't play in any of Sky's big tournaments, including The Primo, Viva Las Vegas, TKO etc etc. Last month, after qualifing for the first time I made an exception and stayed up for the LS freeroll. In the highly unlikely event that I won through to the DS I would stay up for that too, in fact I would love to win a seat and rub shoulders with Sky Poker's big names. But I would be at a massive disadvantage to my 49 opponents, a mid evening start to me is like a 2-00am start to somebody who works 9 to 5, therefore I would much rather win a cash prize than a DS seat in the LS.
  • edited April 2010
    I haven't made the top 150 for a few months and like the rest of the guys i'm disappointed with the changes made and i've not read anything about any changes either.
    I'm already in the semi tonight for the tourney seat thats on offer, if i get through i might be in this twice!
    If sky were better with customer service they would credit you the 220 if you couldn't play, no questions asked. If that was the case i'd have no issues with this, but having been in similar positions it's real aggro to get anywhere with them.
    Be interesting to see the spin the suits put on this when/if they reply.
  • edited April 2010
    It seems to me that the general concensus is, its not a bad thing they are doing, the prize fund has even increased, its just the fact that some players cant make thursdays.
  • edited April 2010
    It seems to me that the general concensus is, its not a bad thing they are doing, the prize fund has even increased, its just the fact that some players cant make thursdays.
    Posted by loonytoons

+1. SKY RICH.......BERNIE........ELF???. Anyone care to comment on this please?
  • edited April 2010
    Well its been my best month ever on SKY POKER and I have finally got into this freeroll but like DTW has said, what happens in any of the top 10 cannot make this Thursday night Tourney???. I hope it will allow qualifiers to de-register and get the cash as this would allow seats to then become available for those who wish to play in it and not FORCED to play in it. Any thoughts on this anyone?
    Posted by MAXALLY

hi max  as far as i know if you de-reg you will get nothing it would be good if someone from SKY POKER could give us some feedback on this  

dtw
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Guys,

one of the team will be making a post and giving you all an update soon.

thanks for being patient

Rich
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Guys, one of the team will be making a post and giving you all an update soon. thanks for being patient Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich

cheers m8 for replying  so quickly  dtw
  • edited April 2010
    lol no problem - I'd actually replied before you sent the PM.

all the best

Rich
  • edited April 2010
    I haven't made the top 150 for a few months and like the rest of the guys i'm disappointed with the changes made and i've not read anything about any changes either. I'm already in the semi tonight for the tourney seat thats on offer, if i get through i might be in this twice! If sky were better with customer service they would credit you the 220 if you couldn't play, no questions asked. If that was the case i'd have no issues with this, but having been in similar positions it's real aggro to get anywhere with them. Be interesting to see the spin the suits put on this when/if they reply.
    Posted by skicowboys

hi m8 sky rich has said someone will be posting a reply later on so we just need to watch this space    dtw
  • edited April 2010
    sounds a bit cheeky to me dtw--- If it says its a cash prize tournie, it should be one innit-?
  • edited April 2010

I am a bit waylaid today, we have been in the Studio (with HIM, groan) pretty much non-stop from 10am & will be there, with short breaks, until 7pm, then I'm entered in some Tourneys, so I will reply to the thread later tonight, or tomorrow.

Bear with me please.
  • edited April 2010
    I am a bit waylaid today, we have been in the Studio (with HIM, groan) pretty much non-stop from 10am & will be there, with short breaks, until 7pm, then I'm entered in some Tourneys, so I will reply to the thread later tonight, or tomorrow. Bear with me please.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers Tikay. I think your input to this thread will help  clarify some of the confusion surrounding  this subject.
  • edited April 2010
    sounds a bit cheeky to me dtw--- If it says its a cash prize tournie, it should be one innit-?
    Posted by oynutter

hiya m8  thats what i thought its all very confusing but i see Tikay is gonna post today or tomorrow as for the League Stars Freeroll i think it should be cash payout here's my reason

i am pretty new to sky poker (10 months)  when i 1st started it was weekly league  freerolls  which was great then it got changed to monthly which was fine as it was still cash payouts now its changed again to top 10 win a seat in a tourney  now i'm an average player so for me if i made it through its a bonus if i cashed  but it was a lot of fun even tho it took a lot of tourneys to get me points now tho i won't be playing as many tourneys as the league means nothing you may as well just have a league for the top players to compete for the 10 seats & give us little guys a seperate league freeroll for cash payout   

dtw
  • edited April 2010
    I am a bit waylaid today, we have been in the Studio (with HIM, groan) pretty much non-stop from 10am & will be there, with short breaks, until 7pm, then I'm entered in some Tourneys, so I will reply to the thread later tonight, or tomorrow. Bear with me please.
    Posted by Tikay10

many thanks TK  dtw
  • edited April 2010