You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    Just a quick question why is there only 165 runners in the current League stars tourney when it is 150 from each discipline ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    i think its the top 150 and ties from each section
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout : +1. I didnt last too long but like DTW says above, it seems this is  another tournament structured for the bigger players on Sky Poker. And I will not be trying again to get into this as much this month and hence saving me some money. I feel that Sky Poker are trying to cater for those 'bigger' boys on here and are neglacting the average player/smaller cash  players which is a shame really as we are all classed as poker players regardless of BR or spend on this site. Please note that this is not a sour grapes post but my overall veiw at the moment. GL to Mr Bandit and all us 'little' players on here!!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I dont like this structure either but you can hardly say Sky are catering for the bigger players, 90% of the tournaments are for and i quote "the little player".

Still say the league final needs to go back to how it was and let the winners decided what they do with their cash.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
      well my personal opinion on this is ,  i am in this changed league freeroll ,  which is now a satellite freeroll .    so its taking the edge off trying too qualify in again to this . hence in my eyes it weakens the league for me .  i do think that one should have the option of cashing out the £220 , i believe  this to be  a happy medium for skypoker and its punters ,    the snapshot vote is showing over 80o/o  want this .  the option should be put in place ,  the other 20o/o can still stay in comp ,  it just means skypoker needs to fill these spots through the normal satilites ,  is this really such a difficult decision ?  
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    its seems now quiet clear,

with the snapshot poll vote standing at 82o/o and growing ,

with this change that it will defo do the what's highlighted above .

skypoker and  its loyal punters want this site to go from strength to strength .

something really needs to be sorted bernie/ tk !

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout : its seems now quiet clear, with the snapshot poll vote standing at 82o/o and growing , with this change that it will defo do the what's highlighted above . skypoker and  its loyal punters want this site to go from strength to strength . something really needs to be sorted bernie/ tk !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

totally agree with you m8 i feel this structure will ruin the League only 165 runners out of 450  (poor show) i will ask SKY SUITS 1 more question:-

What is more important  10,000 people per month buying in to tourneys  between  £1 & £3 buy-ins  (BREAD & BUTTER OF ANY BUSINESS) with a chance of cashing in MONTHLY LEAGUE  or  100 people per month going for 10 seats who would probally have an average buy-in of £10 ??    dtw
  • edited April 2010
    the 8k deepstack monthly thigny would fill up each month without the help of this league freeroll, put it back to normal id say
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 82.2% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    the 8k deepstack monthly thigny would fill up each month without the help of this league freeroll, put it back to normal id say
    Posted by hurst05

we have been told that there will be a reply soon we just don't know when  dtw
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout :  totally agree with you m8 i feel this structure will ruin the League only 165 runners out of 450  (poor show) i will ask SKY SUITS 1 more question:-    What is more important  10,000 people per month buying in to tourneys  between  £1 & £3 buy-ins  (BREAD & BUTTER OF ANY BUSINESS) with a chance of cashing in MONTHLY LEAGUE  or  100 people per month going for 10 seats who would probally have an average buy-in of £10 ??    dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I played in this last night and on my table 4/6 players were not even there !!!
  • edited April 2010
    Really cannot believe this thread never got a proper reply so disappointing.
  • edited April 2010

Right.....SERIOUS head on.

I have seen Tikay post on another thread mentioning this thread as, I quote, '' THAT THREAD ''. There was also mention of players 'moaning' about freerolls.
    I will try and clarify the situation and put forward what this thread was actually about. 
    1) It appears that Sky Poker moved the goalposts on the League freeroll AFTER it was devised to give players the chance of cashing in it if finishing high enough in the places. Yes, an alternative was put in place by Sky Poker to allow players entrance to another tournament if placed in the top 10.
    2) The point that was trying to be put forward by the OP was if there could be the choice for any winners to accept a cash alternative (like the original idea of this league) instead of these seats. 
    3) There is also concern amongst posters on this thread that they could not be available for a Thursday night tournament, which I for one, think is a very reasonable  point.
    4) I am sure that NO ONE was 'complaining' or 'moaning' about a FREEROLL but just raising their concerns about how Sky Poker has dealt with this issue.

I will sum it up like this - putting it another way with the same theme -
    You have saved green shield stamps for a year to go on a free coach trip to Blackpool in the summer. After busting a gut in your last couple of weeks to get enough stamps, you turn up at the coach station and locate your coach with the destination board that reads 'BLACKPOOL - FREE'. However, half way through the journey you see the driver manually change the destination board. When the coach stops and the driver says to embark, you find yourself at ILKESTON! So when you try and enquire why, you get told by the coach company....
    Why are you moaning?. It's a FREE trip!!!

I hope Tikay/Sky can now see the point of this thread and look forward to they eventual response.

• edited April 2010
    i played in the league tournament but i never realised the cash had been taken away till we were down to the last 30 people when i checked the cash payouts.
    i dont think there was enough advertising of the new payouts.
    I cant complain about the cash as i did get the £25 for finishing in the top 10 stt, but if i knew the league payouts had been changed i wouldnt have played as it is impossible for me to play these 'big' tournaments at night which i gather is the problem with a lot of the other players, however I certainly dont want to sound ungrateful as sky certainly does put on a lot of good things for us all.
    But please change the league stars back lol
  • edited April 2010

I am up to my neck in stuff guys, but I will try & get on thread to debate/discusss this with you this afternoon. As you know, I hope, based on past experience, I will try to answer every question, & I will do it with care, & in a civil manner.

But please remember, if you have a time-precious complaint, or any complaint really, then Customer Care is the correct route to go.

I'll enjoy debating it with you, & will do it fully, & exhaustively, I think you know that. But all the "nobody seems to be interested in giving us a reply", & "looks like nobody at Sky Poker is working today, lol" type quips are a little out of line imo. 

I promised to reply sooner, but I've been a bit waylaid by some quite heavy stuff, so I apologise it has not been as quickly as I originally suggested.

Hopefully, when I reply, & I plan to try to get onto it later this afternoon, we can have a good, wholesome, debate. I need to sort some other off-Forum stuff before then, including some set-up Posts for tonight's TKO, & then I can get started in dealing with all the questions.

Several pages of "Ask tikay" questions, & 60 PM's, some of which are quite important, will be done, too, but I'll do this thread before those.

TIA of your understanding.

• edited April 2010
    be a bit gutting if you won the league stars which would have normally paid out £500 or so but now its just a seat into an mtt etc. 
  • edited April 2010
    Plus only 6% of field get a prize, what type of tourney is that ?
  • edited April 2010
    I played in it, a freeroll at the end of the day, qualified for a £220 entry tourney, and am very happy about it.  The prize tournement is one that I wanted to play, but which is a bit above my bankroll so grateful for the chance.  There is no onus on sky to have this freeroll at all, I can't see what all the whingeing is about when there are plenty of other things that everyone could target (such as roulette tourneys!!!).
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 82.6% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    I played in it, a freeroll at the end of the day, qualified for a £220 entry tourney, and am very happy about it.  The prize tournement is one that I wanted to play, but which is a bit above my bankroll so grateful for the chance.  There is no onus on sky to have this freeroll at all, I can't see what all the whingeing is about when there are plenty of other things that everyone could target (such as roulette tourneys!!!).
    Posted by SoLack
    is this a pop at the other players just cos you have won entry? i think the players have a valid point in this case and your opinion is flawed in every way possible, you should go shop and buy 24 packs of dairylea dunkables and then get home open the packets and its space raiders!! would you be happy
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 82.6% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    Posted by SoLack
    Most people werent complaining, all they were doing is asking for it to be changed back to it original cash pay out. It wont suit everyone playing this tournament on a Thursday night. Also the league may be a Freeroll but it has a purpose to as it helps bring in a lot of revenue. Do you really think Sky put this Freeroll on just as a big thank you to its punters? Their are rewards for finishing in the top 10 of Mtts, Stt, and Cash, giving people the incentive to play more than they normally would.

• edited April 2010
    Not having a pop at anyone, just adding my opinion.  I played in it last month and cashed, but preferred the satellite format this month.
  • edited April 2010
    I doubt if this freeroll would encourage anyone to play more games, if it does then it is very strange reasoning, and anyone doing so should ensure that they stay within their bankroll.  The end of month bonuses for top tens and cash for points bonuses are designed to encourage players to stay loyal to this site, rather than spreading their play around several sites, and I think it probably works to a small extent. 
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by SoLack
    congrats on qualifying ,

but i think you are wrong in simply saying posters are whinging,

they and i are just expressing our opinion on the changes ,

just like you have !

• edited April 2010
    I doubt if this freeroll would encourage anyone to play more games, if it does then it is very strange reasoning, and anyone doing so should ensure that they stay within their bankroll.  The end of month bonuses for top tens and cash for points bonuses are designed to encourage players to stay loyal to this site, rather than spreading their play around several sites, and I think it probably works to a small extent. 
    Posted by SoLack
    I was on about end of the month bonuses never mentioned cash for points. A lot of the big point earners specially STT players are playing micro limit games, some are on 1500 points already for the month and they do it by playing £5 turbo HU, DYMS,and some are playing Roulette, to then qualify for a tournament were the winner takes home £500 they see it as worth while.
  • edited April 2010
    I qualified for this for the first time this month and was expecting big things. i was really chuffed to find i was in the top 150 and was getting really excited about playing against other high scorers.

I didn't really know what to expect but I thought the game would be something special. I then read it was a "freeroll" but thought that was how it always had been.

When I found it was on a Sunday that was my first disappointment as my other half and I have a regular "do" we go to.

However with a lot of grovelling and a lot of promises I was given special dispensation to do a drop off and join our group later.

I played the first few hands - determined to go all in to try to double and treble up - before the taxi run. I managed a reasonable stack and then shot out of the door. 30 minutes later I returned and sat down to finish the game and I was already out finishing in 75th.

I now feel really stupid. I ruined the night for everybody and feel a little bit cheated.
    The lesson to myself is not to let poker take over my life - and if I had have qualified Thursday is shopping night so i would have been heading swiftly towards the divorce courts!

In future I will treat the league as a guide not a goal - and play for fun - which I agree Sky Poker is.

PS why are all the big tourneys on Sundays and Thursdays?

• edited April 2010
    Posted by SoLack

hiya m8 1st of all this is not a moaning thread its a simple question to keep League Stars Freeroll as it was thats all & your right Sky Poker don't have to do it & if thats the case just scrape the league  & have 1 freeroll per month for the 10 seats on offer i'm an average player who has fun & was enjoying the League as it was as if i qualified at end of month it gave me a chance to play top Players & also a chance to cash    dtw

ps  i'm sorry you feel that this is a whinging thread m8 but i can assure you it most deffo is not
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 82.6% of Vote would like Cash Payout :   hiya m8 1st of all this is not a moaning thread its a simple question to keep League Stars Freeroll as it was thats all & your right Sky Poker don't have to do it & if thats the case just scrape the league  & have 1 freeroll per month for the 10 seats on offer i'm an average player who has fun & was enjoying the League as it was as if i qualified at end of month it gave me a chance to play top Players & also a chance to cash    dtw   ps  i'm sorry you feel that this is a whinging thread m8 but i can assure you it most deffo is not
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I rest my case.
  • edited April 2010
    Really cannot believe this thread never got a proper reply so disappointing.
    Posted by FINS

hiya m8 it seems that some people have refered to this thread as " moaning  &  whinging "  &  " that thread "
      imo i'm amazed that these comments have been made as this is a SERIOUS THREAD which has asked a QUESTION that still needs to be answered just for some CLARIFICATION     dtw
  • edited April 2010
    DTW/TB - The whingeing comment was an offhand throwaway and I now regret using it as people seem to take it to heart.  I now retract any suggesting that this is a whingeing thread.

I still liked the format though and don't think it shd be changed back.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / This is NOT a Moaning or Whinging Thread:
    DTW/TB - The whingeing comment was an offhand throwaway and I now regret using it as people seem to take it to heart.  I now retract any suggesting that this is a whingeing thread. I still liked the format though and don't think it shd be changed back.
    Posted by SoLack

cheers m8 & fairplay to you all we need now is an answer to the question for some closure  dtw
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / This is NOT a Moaning or Whinging Thread:
    DTW/TB - The whingeing comment was an offhand throwaway and I now regret using it as people seem to take it to heart.  I now retract any suggesting that this is a whingeing thread. I still liked the format though and don't think it shd be changed back.
    Posted by SoLack
    I like the format also but i dont think it will suit the majority and thats why i made a post on this thread.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / This is NOT a Moaning or Whinging Thread : I like the format also but i dont think it will suit the majority and thats why i made a post on this thread.
    Posted by tallboy

hiya m8 it would seem you are correct as over 80% have voted for Cash Payout  dtw
  • edited April 2010

** BUMP ** FWIW...sigh
  • edited April 2010

hi sky poker could we have some feedback on the points raised on this thread mainly for some closure & move on   cheers  dtw