You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH?

Comments

• edited April 2010

Gentlemen,

I will try to get on this Thread later today, & I'm sorry that some severe time pressures have prevented me from doing so sooner. The range & number of questions on it mean I will need to devote several hours to it, which I'm happy to do.

I appreciate the "bump", but believe me, it's not forgotten. I was in the Studio all day yesterday, & some urgent business matters arose on Tuesday which precluded me from Forum posting for most of the day.

Thank you.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / This is NOT a Moaning or Whinging Thread:
    Gentlemen, I will try to get on this Thread later today, & I'm sorry that some severe time pressures have prevented me from doing so sooner. The range & number of questions on it mean I will need to devote several hours to it, which I'm happy to do. I appreciate the "bump", but believe me, it's not forgotten. I was in the Studio all day yesterday, & some urgent business matters arose on Tuesday which precluded me from Forum posting for most of the day. Thank you.
    Posted by Tikay10

cheers tikay
  • edited April 2010

so far the voting stands 84.3% would like cash payour     dtw
  • edited April 2010

Good morning.

DTW Bandit said.....

".... what can i say i finally make it to monthly league freeroll & when i reg & check to see what cash prizes there are prize pool says £2,200 i click blinds & payouts & see there is no cash at all just top 10 get a seat in a £8 tourney " totally disappointed " all that effort for nothing....."

That is wholly incorrect, with respect.

It is not an "£8 Tourney", it is a £220 Tourney, which is a slightly different thing. The Guarantee is £8,000, but it will sell-out, nothing is more certain because it is a tremendous tournament, & so the Prize Pool will be £10,000, in which the winner will likely get the fat end of £4,000.

If people have voted on the basis of your first Post - in which you state they get entry into an "£8 Tourney", then they have been misled, & given incorrect facts upon which to make their decision.

I am genuinely sorry to heat that the new Promotion does not meet with your personal approval, but it's not possible to please all of the people, all of the time - it's just not.

The League is subject from change from time to time, like everything else, to keep it fresh, & try new things. If it turns out to be unpopular, or unworkable, or have an adverse affect upon the Business, they will change it back, or to something else.

I happen to agree that the timing of the change was not perfect, though finding "the right moment" is never easy.

The Tourney on Thursday next looks, to me, like just about the best Tourney Sky Poker have ever staged, & I wish all those who get the chance to play it the very best of luck, & I'm sure you'll concur with that view.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / This is NOT a Moaning or Whinging Thread - 84.3% yes to cash:
       so far the voting stands 84.3% would like cash payour     dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    What % of eligible players Voted, Michael?

Sample size FTW.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 82.6% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 82.6% of Vote would like Cash Payout :   hiya m8 1st of all this is not a moaning thread its a simple question to keep League Stars Freeroll as it was thats all & your right Sky Poker don't have to do it & if thats the case just scrape the league  & have 1 freeroll per month for the 10 seats on offer i'm an average player who has fun & was enjoying the League as it was as if i qualified at end of month it gave me a chance to play top Players & also a chance to cash    dtw   ps  i'm sorry you feel that this is a whinging thread m8 but i can assure you it most deffo is not
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    There are no plans that I'm aware of to scrap the League, & it would be a great shame if that were the case.

I'm not party to the inside line on that, but it remains very popular, & as such, I hope it will continue.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH???:
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? : 200 extra is great, i wish i had been told as i wouldnt of already won my seat in a satillite. why would i pay to go in a satillie if i was already in one.
    Posted by freechips1
    A good & fair question.

In that particular set of circumstances, I wholly agree, & if indeed you "double-qualified" inadvertently, I'm pretty sure Sky Poker would, quite correctly, ensure you were not disadvantaged.

If you did "double-qualify", please send me a PM, & I will ensure it is sorted out fairly & properly on this occasion.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 82.6% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    I qualified for this for the first time this month and was expecting big things. i was really chuffed to find i was in the top 150 and was getting really excited about playing against other high scorers. I didn't really know what to expect but I thought the game would be something special. I then read it was a "freeroll" but thought that was how it always had been. When I found it was on a Sunday that was my first disappointment as my other half and I have a regular "do" we go to. However with a lot of grovelling and a lot of promises I was given special dispensation to do a drop off and join our group later. I played the first few hands - determined to go all in to try to double and treble up - before the taxi run. I managed a reasonable stack and then shot out of the door. 30 minutes later I returned and sat down to finish the game and I was already out finishing in 75th. I now feel really stupid. I ruined the night for everybody and feel a little bit cheated. The lesson to myself is not to let poker take over my life - and if I had have qualified Thursday is shopping night so i would have been heading swiftly towards the divorce courts! In future I will treat the league as a guide not a goal - and play for fun - which I agree Sky Poker is. PS why are all the big tourneys on Sundays and Thursdays?
    Posted by imber
    Sundays. On all Online Sites, everywhere, & for ever, Sunday Evening is the "big night". Traffic is at it's highest on Sunday evening, & so that's when, traditionally, the big Tourneys take place. 

Thursdays. On Sky Poker that is the Simulcast night, when the Room & Channel is exposed to very high traffic & audiences.

But there are a variety of Tourneys every night, &, hopefully, something for everyone.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / This is NOT a Moaning or Whinging Thread - 84.3% yes to cash:
    Good morning. DTW Bandit said..... "....  what can i say i finally make it to monthly league freeroll & when i reg & check to see what cash prizes there are prize pool says £2,200 i click blinds & payouts & see there is no cash at all just top 10 get a seat in a £8 tourney " totally disappointed " all that effort for nothing....." That is wholly incorrect, with respect. It is not an "£8 Tourney", it is a £220 Tourney, which is a slightly different thing. The Guarantee is £8,000, but it will sell-out, nothing is more certain because it is a tremendous tournament, & so the Prize Pool will be £10,000, in which the winner will likely get the fat end of £4,000. If people have voted on the basis of your first Post - in which you state they get entry into an "£8 Tourney", then they have been misled, & given incorrect facts upon which to make their decision. I am genuinely sorry to heat that the new Promotion does not meet with your personal approval, but it's not possible to please all of the people, all of the time - it's just not. The League is subject from change from time to time, like everything else, to keep it fresh, & try new things. If it turns out to be unpopular, or unworkable, or have an adverse affect upon the Business, they will change it back, or to something else. I happen to agree that the timing of the change was not perfect, though finding "the right moment" is never easy. The Tourney on Thursday next looks, to me, like just about the best Tourney Sky Poker have ever staged, & I wish all those who get the chance to play it the very best of luck, & I'm sure you'll concur with that view.  
    Posted by Tikay10
       firstly Tony thanks for replying ok i missed a K of the £8(loads of people make mistakes or miss letters not just me)  but its pretty obvious i was refering to the prize structure advertised on League Stars Freeroll   as far as my approval goes does not come into it as the question was weither people   prefered cash payout or win a seat (no malice aimed at the new promotion at all )   also other issues were raised as well  at the end of the day Tony i have no problem whats so ever with any tourney on this site  i just won't be playing as many tourneys for league points as i don't have the game to compete for 10 seats i'll just have a go at sats from time to time   dtw
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout :  totally agree with you m8 i feel this structure will ruin the League only 165 runners out of 450  (poor show) i will ask SKY SUITS 1 more question:-    What is more important  10,000 people per month buying in to tourneys  between  £1 & £3 buy-ins  (BREAD & BUTTER OF ANY BUSINESS) with a chance of cashing in MONTHLY LEAGUE  or  100 people per month going for 10 seats who would probally have an average buy-in of £10 ??    dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    The buy-in is £220, not £10, Michael.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / This is NOT a Moaning or Whinging Thread - 84.3% yes to cash :    firstly Tony thanks for replying ok i missed a K of the £8(loads of people make mistakes or miss letters not just me)  but its pretty obvious i was refering to the prize structure advertised on League Stars Freeroll   as far as my approval goes does not come into it as the question was weither people   prefered cash payout or win a seat (no malice aimed at the new promotion at all )   also other issues were raised as well  at the end of the day Tony i have no problem whats so ever with any tourney on this site  i just won't be playing as many tourneys for league points as i don't have the game to compete for 10 seats i'll just have a go at sats from time to time   dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I never criticised you for your error Michael, that's not my place, & there but for the grace of God go I.

But you set up a Poll based on information which was wholly misleading, & as such that affected the Vote, & the Thread. I don't think it unreasonable that I corrected that error, do you? It might only be a missing "k", but it completely changed the message.

I'm sorry to hear you will not be playing so many Tourneys on Sky Poker. Personally, I find them very enjoyable, irrespective of the collateral Freerolls & Bonuses that accompany them.

I'm aware that "other issues" were raised, Michael, & I'm trying to work my way through them one by one, right now.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout : The buy-in is £220, not £10, Michael.
    Posted by Tikay10

thats correct Tony  but i assume there are sats into it as well if this is not the case i stand corrected  also £10 average buy-in was in reference to tourneys in general  that get you points towards league  

as  this threadis getting ripped apart  in future i will make sure that any threads i post will be word perfect that way there will be no confusion at all

as for  eligible players voting i'm sure sky Rich or someone from Sky Poker would have that info

dtw
  • edited April 2010
    Really cannot believe this thread never got a proper reply so disappointing.
    Posted by FINS
    I did say, several times, that I would reply, & also apologised that, right now, I'm a little pre-occupied with some other matters which have affected my availability - as you may see from a Post I will make, possibly later today.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / This is NOT a Moaning or Whinging Thread - 84.3% yes to cash : I never criticised you for your error Michael, that's not my place, & there but for the grace of God go I. But you set up a Poll based on information which was wholly misleading, & as such that affected the Vote, & the Thread. I don't think it unreasonable that I corrected that error, do you? It might only be a missing "k", but it completely changed the message. I'm sorry to hear you will not be playing so many Tourneys on Sky Poker. Personally, I find them very enjoyable, irrespective of the collateral Freerolls & Bonuses that accompany them. I'm aware that "other issues" were raised, Michael, & I'm trying to work my way through them one by one, right now.
    Posted by Tikay10

ok fair enough Tony if  i have mis-led anyone by missing the k of the £8  that has voted in my poll for league stars freeroll  i'm sorry michael
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout :     thats correct Tony  but i assume there are sats into it as well if this is not the case i stand corrected  also £10 average buy-in was in reference to tourneys in general  that get you points towards league      as  i'm getting ripped apart for posting this thread in future i will make sure that any threads i post will be word perfect that way there will be no confusion at all     as for  eligible players voting i'm sure sky Rich or someone from Sky Poker would have that info    dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Sorry?

I'm working my way through your, & others questions Michael, & handling it politely & civilly, with due respect to your position as a Client. I have not "ripped you apart", I have not even criticised you. Please demonstrate one example where I have "ripped you apart", or anyone else. When have I ever ripped anyone apart on this, or any other Forum?

You asked questions, repeatedly, on this Thread, & via scores of PM's. I am simply doing what you repeatedly asked me to do - reply to them.

It was necessary, with respect, to point out that the premis for the Thread was based on "£8" when it should have been £8,000", which is quite different.

The question as to how many players are entitled to vote was rhetorical.
  • edited April 2010
    i played in the league tournament but i never realised the cash had been taken away till we were down to the last 30 people when i checked the cash payouts. i dont think there was enough advertising of the new payouts. I cant complain about the cash as i did get the £25 for finishing in the top 10 stt, but if i knew the league payouts had been changed i wouldnt have played as it is impossible for me to play these 'big' tournaments at night which i gather is the problem with a lot of the other players, however I certainly dont want to sound ungrateful as sky certainly does put on a lot of good things for us all. But please change the league stars back lol
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    Hi Chris,

Yes, it we could put the clock back, I agree, (& this is my personal view, not a Company line) the timing of the announcement change could have been better.

It masy or may not change back in due course, but soundings were taken from many players before the change, & the view was overwhelmingly in favour of trying somethinmg different along the lines implemented.
  • edited April 2010
    Do sky not realise that we can see that they are trying to delay saying anything until after tomorrows tourny
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I'm not sure I understnd your point, SNANXTA.

Would you elaborate for me, please?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout : Sorry? I'm working my way through your, & others questions Michael, & handling it politely & civilly, with due respect to your position as a Client. I have not "ripped you apart", I have not even criticised you. Please demonstrate one example where I have "ripped you apart", or anyone else. When have I ever ripped anyone apart on this, or any other Forum? You asked questions, repeatedly, on this Thread, & via scores of PM's. I am simply doing what you repeatedly asked me to do - reply to them. It was necessary, with respect, to point out that the premis for the Thread was based on "£8" when it should have been £8,000", which is quite different. The question as to how many players are entitled to vote was rhetorical.
    Posted by Tikay10

i have not said you have ripped me apart Tony  i was talking about this thread as it missed a k  & apparently was mis-leading   michael

ps i have edited the post now
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
          well i've played my last League Stars Freeroll (unless cash payout returns ) so in a way Sky Poker will be saving me some cash as i won't be playing as many tourneys as i used to (shame really) gl to all the top players in future League Freerolls ( as structure is for you guys )     maybe Sky Poker could set up a little league for the average players on this site (something to play for) but i for one will not be holding much hope for that     So SKY POKER What Say You ??   dtw     THE LEAGUE IS DEAD " LONG LIVE THE LEAGUE "
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Who do you define as "the average players" on this Site, Michael? Are we not, as a whole, & by definition, ALL the average players?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout :    i have not said you have ripped me apart Tony  i was talking about this thread as it missed a k  & apparently was mis-leading   michael   ps i have edited the post now
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I'm afraid you've lost me there, Michael.

Shall we move on?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? : A good & fair question. In that particular set of circumstances, I wholly agree, & if indeed you "double-qualified" inadvertently, I'm pretty sure Sky Poker would, quite correctly, ensure you were not disadvantaged. If you did "double-qualify", please send me a PM, & I will ensure it is sorted out fairly & properly on this occasion.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for your reply, i wish i had known this befor sunday freeroll as i would of tried to win another seat.
    someone has stated earlyer in this thread that if you qualify twice for a mtt you only get one seat and no refund for the other.
    I think what most peoples beef is that they should of been informed of what the payout was befor they tried to qualify for the league stars.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout:
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout : +1. I didnt last too long but like DTW says above, it seems this is  another tournament structured for the bigger players on Sky Poker. And I will not be trying again to get into this as much this month and hence saving me some money. I feel that Sky Poker are trying to cater for those 'bigger' boys on here and are neglacting the average player/smaller cash  players which is a shame really as we are all classed as poker players regardless of BR or spend on this site. Please note that this is not a sour grapes post but my overall veiw at the moment. GL to Mr Bandit and all us 'little' players on here!!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

Are you really suggesting that Sky Poker favour the bigger players?

The evidence to the contrary would take me all day to type. IMO, that is, of course.

I don't think any site has such a bias towards the lower buy-in Levels, & if anything, the high-rollers are discriminated against.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout : Who do you define as "the average players" on this Site, Michael? Are we not, as a whole, & by definition, ALL the average players?
    Posted by Tikay10

some players are better than others  wouldn't you say Tony
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 83.3% of Vote would like Cash Payout : I'm afraid you've lost me there, Michael. Shall we move on?
    Posted by Tikay10

yes Tony sounds good to me   michael
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout : Hi Alan, Are you really suggesting that Sky Poker favour the bigger players? The evidence to the contrary would take me all day to type. IMO, that is, of course. I don't think any site has such a bias towards the lower buy-in Levels, & if anything, the high-rollers are discriminated against.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think this is the fairest site i've played on. And i've played on a fair few
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? : thanks for your reply, i wish i had known this befor sunday freeroll as i would of tried to win another seat. someone has stated earlyer in this thread that if you qualify twice for a mtt you only get one seat and no refund for the other. I think what most peoples beef is that they should of been informed of what the payout was befor they tried to qualify for the league stars.
    Posted by freechips1
    I think that's fair comment, but we cannot turn the clock back now. There is no "perfect" date really, but yes, personally, I take on board what you say. 
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout :    some players are better than others  wouldn't you say Tony
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Correct. And some are worse than others.

Mix them together, & you end up with what is known as "the average player".
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout : Correct. And some are worse than others. Mix them together, & you end up with what is known as "the average player".
    Posted by Tikay10

thats true when you include all players on here Tony but we are talking about league freeroll  top 150 MTT/150 STT & 100 Cash tables on this thread   michael
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout :   thats true when you include all players on here Tony but we are talking about league freeroll  top 150 MTT/150 STT & 100 Cash tables on this thread   michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    turn it in m8.

How about that for a Sky Poker advert Tikay? all about something for nothing......

Do I win £5?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: whats happened to LEAGUE STARS FREEROLL CASH??? / / 80.5% of Vote would like Cash Payout : turn it in m8. How about that for a Sky Poker advert Tikay? all about something for nothing...... Do I win £5?
    Posted by emilyegg

ok al