You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Fantasy football!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    same here dtw     think i read somewhere unlimited pre season transfers coming soon    so presume you cant do any quite yet    cheers
  • edited August 2009
    It says transfers = unlimited, but it doesnt allow you to do them, awfully strange.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Fantasy football!:
    It says transfers = unlimited, but it doesnt allow you to do them, awfully strange.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

hiya dude it seems transfer window won't be open til middle of week

• edited August 2009
    lol i'm the only one to use my alias.....how we gonna know who is who?
  • edited August 2009
    lol i'm the only one to use my alias.....how we gonna know who is who?
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Good point! make sure everyone posts their team names on this thread so we can all keep track
  • edited August 2009

I registered sometime last week but couldn't set up a team as I ran out of time before having to leave the office (I skive farrrrrrrrrrrr too much :D), and I have since been unable to log in. I've sent an e-mail to support so hopefully I can get a team set-up by the end of the day. Norfolk 'N' Chance will be the team name (not make sense? Say it to yourself quickly and you should get it :P)

EDIT:- Username problems resolved, team is set-up and awaiting approval.

• edited August 2009
    transfers now up and running
  • edited August 2009
    Steve Sureshots are currently pending approval.  Good luck all.
  • edited August 2009
    i hope you guys have seen the 'goodies' thread that i started in the shed. we will be giving some of these prizes out to every manager of the month for this fantasy football league.

p.s. after all the Phil Neville abuse i received i have had to show him the exit and bring in a 'hot' replacement - can't wait till the start of the season! wooooooo
  • edited August 2009
    I did think about Phil Neville. The thing with him is he can probably get you a lot of Appearance points but not a whole lot else.
  • edited August 2009
    he got loads of points last year! he gets a few assists and quite a few bonus points i think
  • edited August 2009
    Hi rich,  Ive just had to put neville in my team. I wanted a Man U. defender for the clean sheets they will get.+ I had to stay under 55m. But as soon as I have to make a transfer I will make sure I can swop him for Evra.
  • edited August 2009
    ha great work! yeah i have evra in mine - he is always a good bet for lots of points!
  • edited August 2009
    Beware - Solack's Goon Squad are registered
  • edited August 2009
    maybe i'm going over the top here but i'm so excited about this! i really hope you all are too!

especially looking forward to the first manager of the month award (and seeing the mighty 'chicken kiev' above sky_stevem's hopeless excuse for a team) :)
  • edited August 2009
    wont let me registerseems somebody already got my email address what can i do plz help
  • edited August 2009
    wont let me registerseems somebody already got my email address what can i do plz help
    Posted by stokefc
    Hey Stokefc,

have you got another email address you could try registering with?

if you are still having problems try contacting the site here: http://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/ContactUs.aspx

hopefully they should be able to help you out.

let me know how you get on and if you are still having problems,

all the best,
    Rich
  • edited August 2009
    Great stuff.... PLEASE can everyone follow suit?
    Posted by Sky_Rich

great news will do later

have a ?? for u Rich - - -   will new players that sign for clubs b4 deadline be avallable to Fantasy Football Teams ??

cheers m8

michael
  • edited August 2009
    I have set up my team but when i go to join our league i get an application error. Sigh. will try again later. By the way my team "Greghogg's superyids" rocks! so watch out one and all when i finally register!

Darren Bent is the cornerstone of my team. Bargain at only 6.4mil bound to score at least 20 goals for the mackems.
  • edited August 2009

My Team.

I think Dimi Berbatov will have a good year at Utd, he is due one. Gerrard is a must as my captain and vidic and terry give me a solid defence. Modric and O hara will be great for Spurs this year.. and Darren Bent he is a bargain, just you watch! Not a gooner in sight...

GKPaul Robinson BLA3.40000000000000
    DFNicky Shorey AV3.70000000000000
    DFWayne Bridge MC4.00000000000000
    DFJohn Terry CHE5.50000000000000
    DFNemanja Vidic MU5.70000000000000
    MFSteven Gerrard (C)LIV7.00000000000000
    MFJamie O'Hara TOT3.60000000000000
    MFLuka Modric TOT4.20000000000000
    MFGareth Barry MC4.30000000000000
    STDimitar Berbatov MU7.20000000000000
    STDarren Bent SUN6.40000000000000
  • edited August 2009

GK    Petr Cech
    DEF   Wayne Bridge
    DEF   John Terry
    DEF   Brede Hangeland
    DEF   Patrice Evra
    MID  Aaron Ramsey
    MID  Steven Gerrard
    MID  Stephen Ireland
    MID  Clint Dempsey
    STR  Michael Owen
    STR  Sylvan Ebanks-Blake  (LOOK OUT FOR HIM HE WILL BE @ AR SENAL IN JANUARY) LOL

• edited August 2009
    Just joined the Fantasy Football League. (Smillie FC). Looks like a good bit of fun. Let's see what happens? I've got to be good at something!
  • edited August 2009
    My teams in, well just waiting to be accpeted, Laws Legends
  • edited August 2009
    im confused,just went to log in to check my team an error occured,so i tried to log in with the email i originally tried to register with which let me onto the site but i had no team? do i register another team or will that mean i have 2 teams im confused
  • edited August 2009
    There are a few errors with the site at the moment but don't worry guys all will be fine and you will be able to register/ tweak your teams before kick off this weekend.

DTWbandit - yes you should be able to sign new transferred players in your teams.

• edited August 2009

20 years ago you could field an all england team for £55m i wonder how this lot would do in Fantasy League

so i have gone for a team full of englishmen

GK  D. James ports

DEF  W.Bridge man.c / A.Cole che / Lescott eve & Ferdinand man.u

MID    A.Young AV / F.Lampard che   / M.Carrick man.u / & A.Lennon tot

ST  Defoe tot & C.Cole w.ham

total cost   £54.7m
  • edited August 2009
    i'm going to try and get Richard Orford and tikay involved in this... watch this space
  • edited August 2009
    i'm going to try and get Richard Orford and tikay involved in this... watch this space
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Great idea m8  the chat would be good with Tikay taking the odd trip down memory lane & Rich bringing him back to the present day would be like bringing the T.V. Duo to the Shed guarenteed good entertainment i hope you pull it off m8

good luck

michael
  • edited August 2009
    Hi Sky Rich,
    Have Trevor+Compo got their teams in yet, They both know their sport,+could have a good battle against each other.
    Also has anyone asked Helen (ms Torquay) to get her poker fantasy team in.These 3 + Tikay+RichO will definately add interest to the league, Im sure you can get them all in, Thanks.
  • edited August 2009
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    You got me - I'm just trying to Register & Enter now. Complicated, 'innit?

My ideal Team would be.....

Goalie. Shilton.

Left Back - Stuart Pearce

Right Back - George Cohen

Left-Half - Jackie Charlton

Centre-half - Bobby Moore

Right Half - Alan Ball

Outside Left - George Best

Inside Left - Denis Law

Centre Forward - Jimmy Greaves

Inside Right - Bobby Charlton

Outside Right - Stanley Matthews

But I supposd I can't have them - so I'll have to go & select some of the modern airy-fairy footballers. Give me time, between you & me, I'm not 100% up to date on Football.

I hope the "Squad" contains a good sprinkling of Brentford players.

We will be tikay's Brentford Boot-Boys.