You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Fantasy football!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Fantasy football!:
    Didnt think my team did well this weekend, but somehow moved upto 2nd in league, 3 points behind leader.  I have kuyt in my team tongiht leader has no liverpool or villa players, but being a United fan I dont really want kuyt to score do i?????
    Posted by 35suited

well done to you!

i'm just so happy to be beating sky steve - not just beating but Annihilating him! any comeback after all that grief he gave me..... i think not 
  • edited August 2009

rich do you score points for all competions or just premiership games ?
  • edited August 2009
    just premiership games DTW
  • edited August 2009
    just entered guys, sorry for the late start but hopefully i will be the fastest finisher

gl guys
  • edited September 2009
    Up to 4th, I reckon I've got this sown up. ;)
  • edited September 2009
    Hey guys,

as promised back when i set this up we will be doing manager of the month awards and seeing as it's now September it's also time to announce our first sky poker fantasy football manager of the month.

the first award goes to Brain Craig and his team Loisville United! you win free entry to tikay's sleepstack next week at 7pm. i will be in touch through private messaging.

well done!

• edited September 2009
    Hey guys, as promised back when i set this up we will be doing manager of the month awards and seeing as it's now September it's also time to announce our first sky poker fantasy football manager of the month. the first award goes to Brain Craig and his team Loisville United! you win free entry to tikay's sleepstack next week at 7pm. i will be in touch through private messaging. well done!    
    Posted by Sky_Rich

hi rich i have left a reply on your other thread re mr craigs loisville united

cheers

dtw
  • edited September 2009

waiting to be accepted... my team is RatOotMountainGoatFC .......... name of team joke wit work colleagues! nyway look forward to winning your league! hehe

• edited September 2009
    hi rich, im very late to join i know but I think I could still beat you all :P could i join in? my names carl johns and my team is unitedwillneverdie :)
  • edited September 2009
    of course guys, its never too late. you are all in!

bring on the next month!

lets see who will win this month's manager of the month award!
  • edited September 2009
    isit points scored in month or overall points scored???
  • edited September 2009
    very good question
  • edited September 2009
    we'll go with overall points scored. things are still very tight so anyone could theoretically get up there. if it gets silly later on and the same person keeps winning i'll review it.
  • edited September 2009
    hey rich i personally think that is a bad idea on this occasion mate, for the late starters who are on 0 and the leader who is on 190 it is virtually impossible to catch him for a few months, the good thing about this league is that if you go to the sky community league and click on september and view game phrase it will automatically show you who has won for that month so it doesnt mean any extra work for you otherwise i would understand why you would wanna keep it this way. it would be a lot of messing about to try and calculate all the scores for every single person, however as it so generously calculates all the scores for you for each individual month i do believe this gives everyone a very fair chance and should go down this route imo.

obviously you call the shots as you have come up with some great competitions on here. I am not sure if you knew that the league calculated the scores for each individual month or not but imo and would also be interested to know what other players opinions on this were.

thanks for your time

webby
  • edited September 2009
    i like your thinking Webby, good idea, lets open this up and see what the rest of the community think? shall we award a MOTM prize based on the month alone's scores or keep it to being based on the overall score?

either way we can still award an overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize when the season ends, but this new approach might make it fairer for newcomers.

good idea webby, well done.

what do you all think?
  • edited September 2009
    i like your thinking Webby, good idea, lets open this up and see what the rest of the community think? shall we award a MOTM prize based on the month alone's scores or keep it to being based on the overall score? either way we can still award an overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize when the season ends, but this new approach might make it fairer for newcomers. good idea webby, well done. what do you all think?
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    thats fair enough, but what do we do if there is a tie?
    col
  • edited September 2009
    they both get prizes! hurrah
  • edited September 2009

yes this sounds fairer to me, and i think better for everyone involved, 1 month their could be 5 winners if we all end up getting tied for first place lol

webby

• edited September 2009
    yeah m,otm should be most points by that manager in the month.... with overall prizes at end of season for the leaders???
  • edited September 2009
    got to agree with webbo n micky - MOTM should be for that particular month as gives everyone a chance all season long...esp as sky do the work 4 u rich!! thanks for your work organising this anyway mate 
  • edited September 2009
    Yup i gotta totaly agree with webby also
  • edited September 2009
    i love it when a plan comes together

webby
  • edited September 2009
    ok guys, that's no problem at all. we'll do it on a month by month basis with overall prizes at the end!

good luck!
  • edited September 2009
    No I don't agree!

Just messing .. MOTM is for the best performing manager of the (individual) month! oh oh oh lets get it onnnnnnnnnnnnn

*too much coffee for me today!
  • edited September 2009
    how is everyone doing then? any brags yet? i'm plugging away nicely in 18th!
  • edited September 2009
    Slipped down to 7th here, need Torres to start pulling his weight. lol
  • edited September 2009
    i like your thinking Webby, good idea, lets open this up and see what the rest of the community think? shall we award a MOTM prize based on the month alone's scores or keep it to being based on the overall score? either way we can still award an overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize when the season ends, but this new approach might make it fairer for newcomers. good idea webby, well done. what do you all think?
    Posted by Sky_Rich

hiya rich i thought manager of the month was  starting from scratch each month then at end of season winner is accumalated points from day 1 as they have on main sky sports site you could have weekly as well only joking too much work

dtw
  • edited September 2009
    yep that's correct MOTM will be judged at the end of each month taking into consideration the month's performances. good luck!
  • edited September 2009
    yep that's correct MOTM will be judged at the end of each month taking into consideration the month's performances. good luck!
    Posted by Sky_Rich

cheers for clearing it up m8 btw thanks for opinion in me diary have just replied it with for & against with a possible solution look forward to hearing what you think mate

dtw
  • edited September 2009
    bad start to the month for my team and the changes have been made, cant have no dead wood in the squad at this stage of the season, also i thought it a good time to get rid of adebayor with maybe the possiblity of a ban coming up.

webby