You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Fantasy football!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Fantasy football!:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Fantasy football! : You got me - I'm just trying to Register & Enter now. Complicated, 'innit? My ideal Team would be.....   Goalie. Shilton. Left Back - Stuart Pearce Right Back - George Cohen Left-Half - Jackie Charlton Centre-half - Bobby Moore Right Half - Alan Ball Outside Left - George Best Inside Left - Denis Law Centre Forward - Jimmy Greaves Inside Right - Bobby Charlton Outside Right - Stanley Matthews But I supposd I can't have them - so I'll have to go & select some of the modern airy-fairy footballers. Give me time, between you & me, I'm not 100% up to date on Football. I hope the "Squad" contains a good sprinkling of Brentford players. We will be tikay's Brentford Boot-Boys.
    Posted by Tikay10

like it straight to the 60's already  hows your knowledge on Rugby m8

• edited August 2009
    i'm going to try and get Richard Orford and tikay involved in this... watch this space
    Posted by Sky_Rich

wd for getting Tikay  just Rich Orford to get now should get him on a free transfer
  • edited August 2009
    rich my team is pending m8 ?? harrys heros !!! wot a nightmare only 55mil & all the players r exspensive !!
  • edited August 2009
    I'm in!  (pending approval)

Here's the team that will be thrashing you week in and week out for the next 9 months:     ;)

SHOCK AND ORFORD

T Howard

A Dawson
    S Bassong
    L Baines
    J Tomkins

F Lampard
    D Kuyt
    J Wilshere
    D Murphy

F Torres (c)
    W Rooney

Good luck all!
  • edited August 2009

good to see you in rich     but have to say m8 after looking at your team selection

I Wish You The Very Very Best of Luck

sorry

dtw

• edited August 2009
    I'm in!  (pending approval) Here's the team that will be thrashing you week in and week out for the next 9 months:     ;) SHOCK AND ORFORD T Howard A Dawson S Bassong L Baines J Tomkins F Lampard D Kuyt J Wilshere D Murphy F Torres (c) W Rooney Good luck all!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Great to have you in Rich
  • edited August 2009

The Bad News Is

I have had to put the Blue Shed Allsorts into Administration

mainly due to Cappello saying " i am the only one who can have an all-English Team "  

The Good News Is

I Have a Brand New Team         With a new Team Name

Can't Wait For it all 2 Start 

Good Luck To All

• edited August 2009
    Only two more sleeps to go, im getting quite excited :)
  • edited August 2009
    I'm in!  (pending approval) Here's the team that will be thrashing you week in and week out for the next 9 months:     ;) SHOCK AND ORFORD T Howard A Dawson S Bassong L Baines J Tomkins F Lampard D Kuyt J Wilshere D Murphy F Torres (c) W Rooney Good luck all!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Ummmmmmmm who do these play for? Are they quality premiership players who are gonna keep lots of clean sheets with their sides? LOL - good luck mate
  • edited August 2009
    only 1 day to go! get your teams in guys!
  • edited August 2009
    only 1 day to go! get your teams in guys!
    Posted by Sky_Rich

hey rich are you or Sky Bet gonna put odds on the Fantasy Football League Teams ( just an idea) as i for 1 would deffo have a punt

maybe Sky Sports could do a sort of Super 6 for the Teams to run along side there main 1 every week

What do you Think m8

dtw
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Fantasy football! :      hey rich are you or Sky Bet gonna put odds on the Fantasy Football League Teams ( just an idea) as i for 1 would deffo have a punt  maybe Sky Sports could do a sort of Super 6 for the Teams to run along side there main 1 every week     What do you Think m8     dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    thanks for your idea! i like the thought of putting odds on teams! i'll have a word with a few of the guys in sky bet and see what i can do...
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Fantasy football! : thanks for your idea! i like the thought of putting odds on teams! i'll have a word with a few of the guys in sky bet and see what i can do...
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Sounds great! Would create quite a stir if it was possible... Still, I believe my team, Smillie FC will prevail!

I wish.....

P.S. Great to see so much interest in this.
  • edited August 2009
    Hey been in this for a while but yet to post :)

Played this for the last 5 years and do quite well every year ! was top 20 for about a month last year i think but i think you will all be playing for 2nd ;P

Good luck people one day to go
  • edited August 2009
    Hi ppl, just got round 2 doing my team and here it is

B Friedel

S Bassong   R Nelson     C Davies    B Hangerland

T Cahill   F Lampard(c)   S Gerrard    M Kightly

F Torres         D Bent

Let the gms begin gl all

Ozzie

• edited August 2009

Sigh.

Late & disorganized as ever, I tried to Register my Team this morning, but the Sky Sports Website comes up with an error message when I press "SUBMIT DETAILS".

It says....

Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located
    in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

That's then followed by acres of incomprehensible gobbledegook.

Have I broken it?

Can I register my Team at a later date?
  • edited August 2009
    That happ 2 me tk, just go to the home page again and i was registered somehow, Dont ask me how this works but it did somehow. Ozzie

I was then able 2 pick my team after going back to the home page hope this helps m8
  • edited August 2009
    Hey tikay,

hmmmm, i'm not too sure about that - i don't think you have broken it but more likely the site is having problems (probably due to a high traffic volume today - 1st day of the premiership)

i'm sure you can register next week - just follow the same process but on monday/ tuesday etc when it's quieter.

thanks again for taking part tikay i'm sure everyone will love it that you have.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited August 2009
    That happ 2 me tk, just go to the home page again and i was registered somehow, Dont ask me how this works but it did somehow. Ozzie I was then able 2 pick my team after going back to the home page hope this helps m8
    Posted by Ozzie08
    Thanks Ozzie. You were half right, but that Website is a NIGHTMARE.

As you suggested, when I tried again, it said "Password & E-Addy already taken". (That'd be me, then....).

So I entered my Team Name, selected my Team, pressed "ENTER" & it kept saying "YOU MUST ENTER YOUR TEAM NAME". Which I already had.

Then, unbelievably, it crashed my entire computer, & it closed all my tabs down. Marvellous!

Sigh, that's 2 hours, & counting.

I'll have one more try......
  • edited August 2009

YES!

Team sorted.

Game on.

I don't mind if I finish second-last. As long as Orford's Team finishes behind me.
  • edited August 2009

just to say good luck to all for Footy season

ps
       Rich any news on possibility of betting on Fantasy Football League

cheers 
       dtw

• edited August 2009

Yes!

My Team is now "Pending".

Bet they'd not tell Sir Alex that his selected Team was "pending"......
  • edited August 2009

"tikay's Boot Boys" are all set. Assuming I get unpended.
  • edited August 2009
        just to say good luck to all for Footy season    ps    Rich any news on possibility of betting on Fantasy Football League    cheers     dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    i'm working on it... i'll let you know more in the coming weeks

p.s.  a nice few early points for me (drogba +1 goal)
  • edited August 2009
    make that 2 goals
  • edited August 2009
    make that 2 goals
    Posted by Sky_Rich

got Chelsea as banker of me bets m8 (check them out ) also tried to log in to me Skippy's Blue Bandito's Team but failed will try again after final whistle must be loads of traffic at mo ?

go chelsea go chelsea

dtw

• edited August 2009
    Good 2 c the footy season back, Man city winnin away against my mighty blackburn team, i cant belive it. Man city never win away.
  • edited August 2009
    Good 2 c the footy season back, Man city winnin away against my mighty blackburn team, i cant belive it. Man city never win away.
    Posted by Ozzie08

hi oz

don't forget  wins for  Chelsea / WBA / Notts Co also Collingwood & Geelong Aussie Rules m8
  • edited August 2009

Joined up, good luck to all.........

'Bradnocks Bosters' in homage to my local slang.

• edited August 2009
    Tikay how much did it cost you for your forwards-  Stan Matthews + Tom Finney???lol.