You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Knightplops of the Oval Table - SPT BLACKPOOL Challenge!! *****3 QUALIFIED......KNIGHTPLOPS MAXXY, C

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Now where was my invite to Chester races EH EH EH????

Anyhooos - the SPT Semi isn't in the lobby...any ideas why??

Hopefully by the time you and Maxxy get back i'll have QUALIFIED FOR SPT ...... Then again, I may well crash and burn, only time will tell!!!

GOOD LUCK AT THE RACES KNIGHTS!!!!

We stand as one.

xx
  • edited August 2010
    REGISTERED IN TONIGHTS 9.30 SPT SEMI!!!!!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

xx
  • edited August 2010
    Terrible night so far at the tables...lost 12 cash BI's 4 x dym and 2 x micro bh...severe outdraw city so deregistered from SPT semi and now on micro's until my mo-jo retruns...

xx
  • edited August 2010

After having a rather nice day at Chester Races, i've decided to have a break away from the tables as i've not cashed in around 12 or 13 straight MTT's.

Can't do very much about Varience as it happens and i'm on the severe bad side of it and i'm not happy about it one jot and what highly annoys even more is some of the ways i've exited tourneys due to some players getting very lucky with marginal hands/spiking 2/3 outers on the river which has really peed me off even more if im being honest.

I shall be at SPT Nottingham in September but this run of bad luck is getting me right down and confidence has been dented big style so i'm gonna have some time away. Don't know when ill be back but good luck to my fellow knights as they flop some whoppas and take those mutha fermenting MTT's down down deeper and down!!!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!

That is all!.........

• edited August 2010
    Wow....lost what was left of my br to night...just couldnt hit anything...set v high set...fh v quads....st v back door flush.....£276,37 gone!!!

WOUCH!!!!

Okay - now busto!

No DTD for me

GL KNIGHTS

xx
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Knights of the Oval Table - SPT Dusk til Dawn Challenge!! *****CONGRATULATIONS KNIGHT CT & KNIGHT SDD*****....2 down & 5 to go - We stand as one!!!:
    Wow....lost what was left of my br to night...just couldnt hit anything...set v high set...fh v quads....st v back door flush.....£276,37 gone!!! WOUCH!!!! Okay - now busto! No DTD for me GL KNIGHTS xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Serious ouch!!. Certainly when you have a great run like i did a couple of weeks ago then confidence is good but when you hit a bad run then it hurts both the confidence and the wallet and that's not good!

Have some time away to enjoy the surprise that is the sunshine that remains in August and come back feeling refreshed and kicking some backside on those cash tables and i'm confident Irene you'll bounce back!....

xx
  • edited August 2010

hi mighty knights

we need more knights in nottingham to stop the plopper army

we all stand as one and me and sir knight ct will try to show that the knights rule

knight dd
  • edited August 2010

Well I did try twice again over the week end.....

Friday.....9th outta 19
    Sunday.....10th outta 25!!

I need to rebuild my BR for another attempt maybe next week :(
  • edited August 2010
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

C'mon Maxxy!!! You can't keep a good dog down eh? I'll be reloading to try to qualify this weekend too...let me know when you're playing and I'll join in...Can't do Saturday though as I'm going to an all dayer (HIC HIC HIC!!!)

I will take a break until then, I think my pokerstar superstar ego needs a break ;o)

Do we know how Sir Machka's & Sir Nova's SPT qualifications attempts are going?

Have a good week Knights, I'll be back at the weekend!!

ONWARDS & UPWARDS

xx
  • edited August 2010

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!

Well for just £10.50 i have managed to S'lite all my way into tomorrow night's £8k 50 runner DS tourney but yet again i dished some ultra severe bad beats tonight and i'd say for 70% of the night everything went my way and i cant say it will happen again tomorrow but if it does i will be happy and also over £3,000 richer if i win the whole tourney so fingers crossed!.........

This will be my first £200+ buy-in tourney so venturing into new territory but looking forward to it and we shall see what happens!

• edited August 2010
    Keep the Faith Knight CT

Got you for a MIGHTY 2nd tonight....only 2nd to fellow Knight DD's 1st....I have every faith in you both :o)

WE STAND AS ONE!!!!!

xx
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Knights of the Oval Table - SPT Dusk til Dawn Challenge!! *****CONGRATULATIONS KNIGHT CT & KNIGHT SDD*****....2 down & 5 to go - We stand as one!!!:
    Keep the Faith Knight CT Got you for a MIGHTY 2nd tonight....only 2nd to fellow Knight DD's 1st....I have every faith in you both :o) WE STAND AS ONE!!!!! xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Cheers Irene!

I certainly am not going into this thinking i am going to win it but the experience i gain from it may prove useful in the long term for other big tourneys but i would certainly love to upset the formbook and take the tourney down which would give me a lot of severe satisfaction aswell as a few thousand pounds in the old bankerooni. :)

xx
  • edited August 2010
    Out in 25th and that's all i'm saying on the matter!
  • edited August 2010
    You were brilliant!!! And soooo unlucky that your pocket AA turned trip K to Dohhhhhhh...then your JJ to his KQ....V UL on both and you represented yourself fantastically!!!!!

VWP both you & DD

xx
  • edited August 2010
    One positive i can certainly take out from the tourney was i was more than happy with how i played on a table that had Cowgomoo, Young Master Nuttall, lolufold and they are quite good i think we will all agree and i felt i played rather well against them!.

Obviously i am really gutted because i dont like losing full stop and the way i went out was a kick in the teeth because i really did feel with how i accumulated chips, i honestly felt i could have won the tournament because i believe i didnt put a foot wrong all night.

It will take a couple of days to pick myself up from this but its made me more determined than ever before to take every big MTT tourney down that comes my way. I know i'll never ever become Total Player but i'm happy with how i come across in a tourney like this and that can only stand me for bigger and better things in Poker all being well!.
  • edited August 2010
    One positive i can certainly take out from the tourney was i was more than happy with how i played on a table that had Cowgomoo, Young Master Nuttall, lolufold and they are quite good i think we will all agree and i felt i played rather well against them!. Obviously i am really gutted because i dont like losing full stop and the way i went out was a kick in the teeth because i really did feel with how i accumulated chips, i honestly felt i could have won the tournament because i believe i didnt put a foot wrong all night. It will take a couple of days to pick myself up from this but its made me more determined than ever before to take every big MTT tourney down that comes my way. I know i'll never ever become Total Player but i'm happy with how i come across in a tourney like this and that can only stand me for bigger and better things in Poker all being well!.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    +1 xxx
  • edited August 2010
    Just finished in the 10:30 £500 Bounty Hunter and finished 8th out of 113 which is good i suppose but yet again sick outdraws (AK vs A2 - 2 comes out on the flop!) cost me big style which has put me in an even fouler mood :(

If i can take down the Primo on Sunday then i'll be a lot happier trust me! :)
  • edited August 2010
    Okay dokey Knights, I'm going to try a different approach....

As winning a good cash in the 8pm then using this to buy a aplace at DTD seems to be a running theme I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and try to bring home tonights Open.....

Keep a toe or two crossed for me...see you at the tables Knights CT & DD :o)

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

xx
  • edited August 2010
    Busto....

My JJ in pos was reraised AI by AJ...The ace binked me out of the tourney...still another night it would have been a nice double through!!!

Hmmmmm I seem to be running out of time!!!

xx
  • edited August 2010
    Busto.... My JJ in pos was reraised AI by AJ...The ace binked me out of the tourney...still another night it would have been a nice double through!!! Hmmmmm I seem to be running out of time!!! xx
    Posted by TRIP5

UL Irene, I did sit looking at the satellites (rebuy of course) in the lobby earlier but there was a serious lack of runners.

I may go to DTD and just play the SnG's anyway, had just as much fun at Luton playing those as I did at Swansea playing the ME.
  • edited September 2010

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!

I've saved £124 by s'litte my little backside into the SPT Final tonight!!

Ever since i had that amazing week where i just kept winning MTT's for fun and i final tabled two 8pm main events in a week which resulted in me winning the wednesday night £2.5k doublestack, my form has been very up and down and the bankroll has took a bit of a hit and the bad beat i had in last Thursday Night's £8k Deepstack was a major kick in the teeth and i seriously did question at the time whether i could justify myself to buy-in directly for the SPT Final and give a good showing for myself and i seriously was in the mindset to possibly just playing any of the side games and become a professional railer for the weekend but i thought i want to qualify on merit by playing to qualify and not directly buy-in and it took 4 attempts (I set a target of 5 attempts at the start!) but i'm in the mix and i seriously now want to win SPT Nottingham because i feel i've still got unfinished business from SPT Manchester and i took a lot of positives from playing in last week's £8k doublestack which has helped!.

Also many thanks to the legend that is Dollie for railing me tonight - OFFICER AND A GENTLEMEN IS THAT MAN!!!

• edited September 2010
     WTG Craig! xx
  • edited September 2010

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

XX

• edited September 2010

Quite simply -

I HATE THE WORD VARIENCE WITH A PASSION!!

I have had the mother of all really c r @ p nights on the poker tables and it has got to me big style so much i have wanted to get my cricket bat and smash a wall down because i have been so hacked off with getting outdrawn time after time and playing well and getting no luck whatsoever which has resulted in me losing my temper online and doing Phil Hellmuth style rants. I'm not a nasty person, its just so ruddy frustrating for someone like me who plays to win at all times and have a losing streak like this because it does not do the confidence any good.

Because of this, i've decided that i am not playing any Poker till next Saturday because if i do and i have another bad beat, ill know ill lose it big style and that will result in a chat ban.

Ill be still around on both Twitter and Facebook but i am staying away from the forum to cool down and hopefully be in a lot better mood in time for the biggie next weekend at Nottingham.

That is all!......

• edited September 2010

Ok.....I have just brought in direct. It goes against my principle that this tournament should be 'open' to all players on Sky Poker but with only a few places left, needs must. There has been only 1/2 seats available in them tough Semi Finals, from what I can see, and I do feel that is down to the lower sats being made rebuy ones IMHO.

Anyway.....3 Knights In.....lets hope we don't stand as a 3 legged donkey hey :))

Alan
  • edited September 2010
    Still trying team.....Sunday is my last night of attemption... if not then its back to jiffy's and andrex :o(

xx
  • edited September 2010

It looks like I'm going to have to do a MACHKA!!!!!!

I shall come and try to qualify Friday night else be a professional railer and side game player for the weekend!!!!

Need to book the hotel today...where is everyone else staying??

Plus...are you getting there Friday or Saturday??

TEAM!!! I NEED ANSWERS.....

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

xx

• edited September 2010
    It looks like I'm going to have to do a MACHKA!!!!!! I shall come and try to qualify Friday night else be a professional railer and side game player for the weekend!!!! Need to book the hotel today...where is everyone else staying?? Plus...are you getting there Friday or Saturday?? TEAM!!! I NEED ANSWERS..... Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    I'm staying in Jurys Inn (which i believe is now booked up via the website i booked it from!) but ill be in Nottingham on Saturday Morning.

I had a look at DTD's website and according to their schedule there will be a £30 freezeout tourney starting at 8pm on the Saturday and a £40 deepstack tourney starting at 8pm on the Sunday (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong guys) so even if you dont qualify for the SPT Grand Final at least there may well be an opportunity to play some decent tourney poker on the side!!

Then when i go home monday lunchtime, its off to the real home of cricket at Old Trafford for Lancashire CCC's end of season buffet and me propping up the bar!!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!

xx
  • edited September 2010
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

C'MON CT!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooooo excited :o)

The Jury's is indeed booked however the Brittania Notts still has availability and I don't think it's that far either.....

Anyone coming on Friday for the final SPT qualification??

WE STAND AS ONE!!!! (or in my case we rail as one...)

xx
  • edited September 2010
    Oh no she didn't!?????

OH YES SHE DID :oD (ha, you didn't think i'd actually qualified did you??)

Booked it, already have my beautiful dtd membership from my sleep through FIASCO in April, packed my passport and i'm ready for the off wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

See you Friday Nottingham

Mighty Knights.....BRING IT HOME!!!!

We stand as one

xx