You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD

Comments

• edited August 2010
    any buzzwords if i get on the show as a guest tonight?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD:
    I play a fair bit on another site, where they allow late registration for the first hour. I entered a $50 deepstack which started with 200 runners but ended up with over 1000. Seven hours and 55 minutes later I bubbled KK v AA. Yes it is frustrating , but the way I look at it, I didnt invest nearly eight hours of my time to win $125, but for the chance to win a few thousand . A couple of nights later I managed to final table in a similar event after another marathon session and won over $2k .
    Posted by penguin7
    I think 9/10 times the way people play depend on how much the min cash means to them. For example I always play for the win and don't care too much about making the min cash but then that's because I play within my bankrole.

I notice that a lot of the people who sat into the Primo are more concerned about making the cash, maybe because it means more to their role.

Tony, interested to know how you played when approaching the bubble in the ME. I guess you tightened up? It's interesting because you would think that there would be one best way to play close to the bubble but I guess not.

I guess the morale of the story is, play well within your role and go for the win!

Pete
  • edited August 2010
    saying things like my bankroll means I need to cash is farcical, if you're comfortable playing the tournie you should be playing to win, the buyin itself shouldn't affect you OR how you play.

For those looking to cash, if someone jams into you with you holding aces, are you going to call if it's very early because there is AT LEAST a 15-20% chance you will lose which will put you out and stop you from getting your min cash. You have to accept that there is ALOT of variance in tournaments and push your +ev edges and just see how you run tis all you can do.

• edited August 2010
    Well I tried.

Went all-in with two flush draws in a row. Didn't hit either time. Hey-ho. Next time.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : I think 9/10 times the way people play depend on how much the min cash means to them. For example I always play for the win and don't care too much about making the min cash but then that's because I play within my bankrole. I notice that a lot of the people who sat into the Primo are more concerned about making the cash, maybe because it means more to their role. Tony, interested to know how you played when approaching the bubble in the ME. I guess you tightened up? It's interesting because you would think that there would be one best way to play close to the bubble but I guess not. I guess the morale of the story is, play well within your role and go for the win! Pete
    Posted by cookie83
    Hi Pete

In Vegas I played the first few days as I would any other big event, I did have my tourny at risk a few times.

But I took a huge hit towards the end of day 3, and was lucky to recover from it. So on bubble day I started quite short. I could only play premium hands, and didnt pick any up.

So I have to admit I was pretty focused on the bubble for the whole day, not just for the substantial sum involved but also the kudos of cashing in the main event.

I think if I make it out there again I may be more ambitious, coz I have to set my sights higher.

Tony
  • edited August 2010
    saying things like my bankroll means I need to cash is farcical, if you're comfortable playing the tournie you should be playing to win, the buyin itself shouldn't affect you OR how you play. For those looking to cash, if someone jams into you with you holding aces, are you going to call if it's very early because there is AT LEAST a 15-20% chance you will lose which will put you out and stop you from getting your min cash. You have to accept that there is ALOT of variance in tournaments and push your +ev edges and just see how you run tis all you can do.
    Posted by beaneh
    Wey-hey-man.

You sound posh.
  • edited August 2010
    I think my voice is annoying?
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by beaneh
    lol, na it's fine mate!
  • edited August 2010
    The enjoyment should come from playing well not from 'good results'. Results orientated thinking causes nebulous thoughts and irrational strategies.
  • edited August 2010
    didnt get a word of that
  • edited August 2010
    didnt get a word of that
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Was I talking fast? I had so much going on on my screen I kept forgetting what i'd been asked and just rambled about the same things over and over lol!
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by beaneh

LOL

i was phoned by someone from sky in the week to be on the phone tonight to talk about a hand from the poker clinic!!

i didnt get back to them as i hate the sound of my voice!!! :)
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by beaneh
    Quite sexy I thought m8 :)
  • edited August 2010
    no, i cud understand wot u was sayin, it was neons, i got lost, dnt think he took a breath for 5 mins
  • edited August 2010
    Question for Hartigan - On the Bubble of the WSOP ME - Do you fold KK to an all in from someone who covers you and your the last to act?

Question for LML - On the Bubble of the WSOP ME - Do you fold AJ to an all in from someone who covers you and your the last to act?

Erm, actually scrap that question to LML - we all know she snap calls with the Nutz innit ;) x x
  • edited August 2010
    Can you play this hand please, it crippled me but i felt my opponent played the hand poor, would like to hear Hartigans opinion.

Thanks
  • edited August 2010
    loool donky I put it off for 2-3 weeks and they still kept phoning they wont let you off that lightly :-p

Ta dylan now never come near me pls.
  • edited August 2010
    no, i cud understand wot u was sayin, it was neons, i got lost, dnt think he took a breath for 5 mins
    Posted by SHANXTA
    i talked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast. lols

apologies. oh, and errr, pineapple.  
  • edited August 2010
     On the issue of tournament survivalor going for the win. For me they are not always mutually exclusive.In the early and middle stages of any tournament you can not win it but you can lose it. All of these stages in the tournament i see as a combination of survival and putting myself into a position to advance myself.It is not until you get to near the final table when the win becomes an option so all i deal with till then is survive and try to nicely and easily put myself into contention.

Also as far as a mincash is concerned i rarely get one because as soon as the cash bubble bursts i usually fold the next 4-5 hands which means that i can easily get a ladder up due to the high amount of allins immediately after it has burst.
  • edited August 2010
    Question for Hartigan - On the Bubble of the WSOP ME - Do you fold KK to an all in from someone who covers you and your the last to act? Question for LML - On the Bubble of the WSOP ME - Do you fold AJ to an all in from someone who covers you and your the last to act? Erm, actually scrap that question to LML - we all know she snap calls with the Nutz innit ;) x x
    Posted by dylan12

All depends on the answers to -

did you satellite?
    how many chips do you have?
    what is average/how short are some people etc?
    how tight is the player?
    how has he been playing?
    do you have any cashing side bets?!

• edited August 2010
    enjoyin show on lappy as well as playin primo, moved to bedroom to watch as kids are buggin me, hopefully missis don`t want to go too bed soon ??
  • edited August 2010
    Question for Hartigan - On the Bubble of the WSOP ME - Do you fold KK to an all in from someone who covers you and your the last to act? Question for LML - On the Bubble of the WSOP ME - Do you fold AJ to an all in from someone who covers you and your the last to act? Erm, actually scrap that question to LML - we all know she snap calls with the Nutz innit ;) x x
    Posted by dylan12
    You know what I iz sayin tho blud?!

ANDREW & FRAZER Thanks guys!! You were great!!! x
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by beaneh
    Not at all. You sounded fine mate.

Horrible hearing your own voice back though, eh?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : i talked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast. lols apologies. oh, and errr, pineapple.  
    Posted by theneons
    lol.

You were articulation personified compared to me dude.

Pineapple.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : Not at all. You sounded fine mate. Horrible hearing your own voice back though, eh?
    Posted by bandini

I couldn't hear myself obviously, but if I speak out loud I don't like what I hear, that and I talk rubbish!!

• edited August 2010
    Can you play this hand please, it crippled me but i felt my opponent played the hand poor, would like to hear Hartigans opinion. #285389260 Thanks
    Posted by The_Don90
    gutted for you don, vvul.
  • edited August 2010
    QUESTION FOR THE HOSTS,

Ive always said to my friends and have never been agreed with but I think that in the WSOP main event first hand you get aces on the big blind, its folded round to the small blind and he goes all in then I would fold as not to risk all my chips in one hand.

What do you think?
  • edited August 2010

915pm... james.. was that a smile there?

• edited August 2010
    Question for LM.

Wanna date? ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : You know what I iz sayin tho blud?! ANDREW & FRAZER Thanks guys!! You were great!!! x
    Posted by LML
    ty, thx to you and James (even though he disagrees lol)

PINEAPPLE