You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Hi guys

question for james, what do you do with my hand here pre.

utg is a tight player.

also would you snap fold on the flop or call to trebble up:)

Hand History #285397135 (21:18 29/08/2010)
  • edited August 2010
    can you show hand 285395349 for goodylad plus i`d like too know what they had ?
  • edited August 2010
    I think the phone ins show the difference between how a serious player and a recreational player views playing poker. Beaneh is ftw because he multi tables and knows the one win will put him in profit whereas the recreational might only be playing the one tourney and cashing is a big deal. I don't think either viewpoint is wrong.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD:
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : I couldn't hear myself obviously, but if I speak out loud I don't like what I hear, that and I talk rubbish!!
    Posted by beaneh
    You were fine. You were good and talked sense m8. Glad it's not just me that's full of insecurities when listening back though :-)
  • edited August 2010

Hi Guys,

Great show, during tonights show I was down to 90 chips when the blinds were 50/100

I was about to possibly pull off one of the greatest comebacks of all time till hand 285397056 happened!!

Please can you show it for me. Not sure what the call pre flop was all about!!

Thanks

Pete
  • edited August 2010
    QUESTION FOR THE HOSTS, Ive always said to my friends and have never been agreed with but I think that in the WSOP main event first hand you get aces on the big blind, its folded round to the small blind and he goes all in then I would fold as not to risk all my chips in one hand. What do you think?
    Posted by Mr-Bell

you shouldn't be in the tourny if you're going to fold the physical best spots you can get in at any point. you've got so long to go till the cash and you cant guarantee to get as good a spot as this so just take your chance and try and get chips.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD:
    I think the phone ins show the difference between how a serious player and a recreational player views playing poker. Beaneh is ftw because he multi tables and knows the one win will put him in profit whereas the recreational might only be playing the one tourney and cashing is a big deal. I don't think either viewpoint is wrong.
    Posted by Mohican

If I was playing one tournie i'd still play for the win because of :-

The enjoyment should come from playing well not from 'good results'. Results orientated thinking causes nebulous thoughts and irrational strategies.
    Posted by beaneh
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by Mohican
    i class myself as recreational but that doesnt mean i dont multi-table ;)

the ultimate goal is to win but as talon said, the tourney cant be won in the mid stages but it can be lost. i've won a few decent MTT's playing my style, and no doubt beaneh's won his fair share with his style. i know one big win will put me in profit but theres no point sticking your neck out on the block chasing draws every time to get there.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : i class myself as recreational but that doesnt mean i dont multi-table ;) the ultimate goal is to win but as talon said, the tourney cant be won in the mid stages but it can be lost. i've won a few decent MTT's playing my style, and no doubt beaneh's won his fair share with his style. i know one big win will put me in profit but theres no point sticking your neck out on the block chasing draws every time to get there.
    Posted by theneons

You have to win chips at some point if you want to go deep or win so you're chips have to go in at some point, the best case is raise and get folds and never go to showdown but the shorter you get the more you go to showdown the more luck becomes involved in the short term.

edit- I only have 8 tables up now, busted 3 already and got 7 more on the way!
  • edited August 2010

great hand

Hand History #285403411

i'm not smiling james

• edited August 2010
    100% non google so prob wrong - Mongo gerry ?
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Lisa Marie, Hi James

It was Fidlers Dram!

Great show btw ;)

Am I sad for knowing this??????
  • edited August 2010
    hi lisa/james

i run a jazz club tommorrow

been there for 13 years but god i hate the music
  • edited August 2010
    If memory serves correctly, it was Fiddlers Dram
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Lisa Marie, Hi James It was Fidlers Dram! Great show btw ;) Am I sad for knowing this??????
    Posted by DiggerMan
    ermm yes :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : You have to win chips at some point if you want to go deep or win so you're chips have to go in at some point, the best case is raise and get folds and never go to showdown but the shorter you get the more you go to showdown the more luck becomes involved in the short term. edit- I only have 8 tables up now, busted 3 already and got 7 more on the way!
    Posted by beaneh
    true. i like to take down small pots pre and win the occasional big one post.
  • edited August 2010
    I love you Digsy ;)
  • edited August 2010

lol at making me look like a drunk who couldnt be bothered to talk on the phone... (this i deny completely)

thanks for showing the hand, i was happy that i played it ok, if we were deeper stacks i would rereaise pre.

i ended up losing the minimum even tho i was lucky to, then i went out with JJ vs AK next hand lol

• edited August 2010
    lol at making me look like a drunk who couldnt be bothered to talk on the phone... thanks for showing the hand, i was happy that i played it ok, if we were deeper stacks i would rereaise pre. i ended up losing the minimum even tho i was lucky to, then i went out with JJ vs AK next hand lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
     got you a shoutout Greg, where's the love?
  • edited August 2010
    lol at making me look like a drunk who couldnt be bothered to talk on the phone... thanks for showing the hand, i was happy that i played it ok, if we were deeper stacks i would rereaise pre. i ended up losing the minimum even tho i was lucky to, then i went out with JJ vs AK next hand lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Lol It's ok Hoggers, you're still one of my favourites.. You big lush ;)
  • edited August 2010
    lml/hartigan this hand was from a couple of days ago a 22pounds b/h  hand id #284696308  KK first hand and someone shoves pre do u call here. if u can please try and show it.Thanks
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD :  got you a shoutout Greg, where's the love?
    Posted by theneons
    lol there is loadsa love in the room

i said thanks, innit

p.s love you LML:)
  • edited August 2010
    Also as u have been talking about having AA pre and someone shoving first hand and do you call, well this is like the same i think.
  • edited August 2010
    Guys could you ask James, how would he recommend dealing with tilt. I tilted in the tournament, despite recovering my stack never recovered mentally.
  • edited August 2010

LML.....please can you mention Irishrover's BB forum thread if you can. He has worked very hard on it and deserves some thanks from us all. (plus it will really really niggle TK by mentioning it!!!

Thank you x
  • edited August 2010
    Guys could you ask James, how would he recommend dealing with tilt. I tilted in the tournament, despite recovering my stack never recovered mentally.
    Posted by The_Don90

get someone to come and give you a slap.
  • edited August 2010
    lml james

that "genius" moment is great and should turn intro a regular tv event

thumbs up

• edited August 2010
    i want to know how beaneh can 15 table, talk on the phone, and find the time to post 100 times per day on the forum pls

• edited August 2010
    i want to know how beaneh can 15 table, talk on the phone, and find the time to post 100 times per day on the forum pls
    Posted by GREGHOGG

bot imo