You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD

1235»

Comments

• edited August 2010

Good evening to you both. Having got through the sat. and semi to the primo for the first time it`s totally depressing to have to leave my home for to go to a callout where i work and even worse than that let my wife play out my hands she trys her best but she`s not very good needless to say i was out before i returned. I think today is the best i have played since starting from scratch at the start of the year this has given me a real boost today and hopefully this is not the last time i`m in the primo.

Cheers, Gordon.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD:
    In Response to  Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : If I was playing one tournie i'd still play for the win because of :- In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD :
    Posted by beaneh
    I agree with what you say in poker terms but when i first started playing, breaking the cash bubble for the first time in an MTT gave me a great deal of pleasure. So for some people,min cashing is good. Now I've been playing for a couple of years I'm definetly FTW and I have a fair collection of bubbles in my poker trophy cabinet. Peoples reasons for playing poker are varied and if min cashing keeps you happy then fair enough and I'm not going to criticise too much just because it's not the correct poker theory. Each to their own and I'm happy bubbling if I've made the correct play.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : I agree with what you say in poker terms but when i first started playing, breaking the cash bubble for the first time in an MTT gave me a great deal of pleasure. So for some people,min cashing is good. Now I've been playing for a couple of years I'm definetly FTW and I have a fair collection of bubbles in my poker trophy cabinet. Peoples reasons for playing poker are varied and if min cashing keeps you happy then fair enough and I'm not going to criticise too much just because it's not the correct poker theory. Each to their own and I'm happy bubbling if I've made the correct play.  
    Posted by Mohican

wait till you final table and win, you'll like that!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : wait till you final table and win, you'll like that!
    Posted by beaneh
    Been there done that. And yes, it was a good feeling.
  • edited August 2010
    Good evening to you both. Having got through the sat. and semi to the primo for the first time it`s totally depressing to have to leave my home for to go to a callout where i work and even worse than that let my wife play out my hands she trys her best but she`s not very good needless to say i was out before i returned. I think today is the best i have played since starting from scratch at the start of the year this has given me a real boost today and hopefully this is not the last time i`m in the primo.                            Cheers, Gordon.
    Posted by JINKIE7
    lol

I had to leave a table one time (don't ask, it's not nice) so left my 10yo son playing, demanding he not play anything but AA,KK or AK. As I returned he'd just gone all-in with a pair of 7s much to my rage. The rage just intensified as AAs were shown by the villain. I spiked a 7 on the turn and he just angrily said, "Told you," and stormed out in the huff. What can you do?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : lol I had to leave a table one time (don't ask, it's not nice) so left my 10yo son playing, demanding he not play anything but AA,KK or AK. As I returned he'd just gone all-in with a pair of 7s much to my rage. The rage just intensified as AAs were shown by the villain. I spiked a 7 on the turn and he just angrily said, "Told you," and stormed out in the huff. What can you do?
    Posted by bandini
    lmao so ur son is better than you? :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : lmao so ur son is better than you? :)
    Posted by iBLUFF
    In so many ways.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : In so many ways.
    Posted by bandini
    haha
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys,

Quick reminder that Sky Poker is a gambling site, obviously open to only those that are 18 years and over....

As a gambling site, we also have very clear rules on account usage ;-)

Please consider all posts you make on the forum, as perfectly innocent posts made in humour could be misconstrued ;-D

Stay lucky.

Ax
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys, Quick reminder that Sky Poker is a gambling site, obviously open to only those that are 18 years and over.... As a gambling site, we also have very clear rules on account usage ;-) Please consider all posts you make on the forum, as perfectly innocent posts made in humour could be misconstrued ;-D Stay lucky. Ax
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Have a feeling that was directed at bandini :)
  • edited August 2010
    first primo 40th finish!! Lost concentration and went out playing a rag ace when i was 5th in tournament!! :( !! Will be back next week for the win!! None of this survival stuff go for the win from the start if you dont whats the point in playing! You dont run a race to come third do ya???
  • edited August 2010

Good luck to bognorboyz as if you need it m8 lol. I dont mind y JJ getting crushed but by 29 OMG.
  • edited August 2010
         Good luck to bognorboyz as if you need it m8 lol. I dont mind y JJ getting crushed but by 29 OMG.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    ul on that hand he is on 140k now WOW!
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys, Quick reminder that Sky Poker is a gambling site, obviously open to only those that are 18 years and over.... As a gambling site, we also have very clear rules on account usage ;-) Please consider all posts you make on the forum, as perfectly innocent posts made in humour could be misconstrued ;-D Stay lucky. Ax
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    I was only joking about him playing my hand. I wouldn't dream of introducing him to this terrible game.

I've certainly never, EVER, let him play a 30p dym on his own. Heaven forbid. No way.

I even warn him about the dangers of alcohol and am the perfect role model. He's never even seen me smoking. And I certainly wouldn't have forced him to be a Hibs supporter. Uh-uh.

Sorry for my tounge in cheek post earlier Ms Ling.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PRIMO 29/08/2010 - OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD : I was only joking about him playing my hand. I wouldn't dream of introducing him to this terrible game. I've certainly never, EVER, let him play a 30p dym on his own. Heaven forbid. No way. I even warn him about the dangers of alcohol and am the perfect role model. He's never even seen me smoking. And I certainly wouldn't have forced him to be a Hibs supporter. Uh-uh. Sorry for my tounge in cheek post earlier Ms Ling.
    Posted by bandini
    hmmmm....i belive you :/ lol