You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Hey all reds, best of luck for this eve. Just sat down 20mins late (just got in), still floating around 2k.
    GL all
    COYR
  • edited October 2010

not having the best of luck at the moment shoved in with low chips with 8's and lost to a queen that came down.  Once again i didn't get a point, good luck guys.

• edited October 2010
    sorry peeps went out about 168th.

good luck all that are left.

Come on you reds.
  • edited October 2010
    I am out 98th.
    Got moved to a table with 5 whites and got attacked all the time and had no cards to hit back.
  • edited October 2010
    Sorry all, out to the OTHER Hitman :/ (Hitman1967 i think)
    Good luck to all still in, take it down.
    COYR!
  • edited October 2010
    jist gone out sorry all. 68th i think. got a hammering when doing ok, out flopped on an all in. gl all
  • edited October 2010
    i was out 110th ish shoved AQ called 99, didnt really play bad just not my time to shine

gl all those left in on brightside done alright in forum deepie :)
  • edited October 2010

out in  37 still seemed to be lots of reds left

• edited October 2010
    Looks like Yellows and Blues lost let's hope we win tonight.
  • edited October 2010
    tried my best lads out in 20th got 2 points my aces got beat by 8-5
  • edited October 2010
    wot a joke my aq got beat by a8 pethetic always the lower hand pree wins always said and is a fact i dont care wot anyone says
  • edited October 2010

I bubbled on the cash in 7th but 4 points for the REDS so wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited October 2010

UNOFFICIAL RESULT RED 53 WHITE 47  MATCH DRAWN

ScOtTy431 £30 + 10 Premiership League Points
    bullmonk07 0 2 £20 + 9 Premiership League Points    RED        9
    mrweeve 0 3 £10 + 8 Premiership League Points      
    Jack09 0 4 £10 + 7 Premiership League Points        RED        7
    leesafc 0 5 £5 + 6 Premiership League Points       
    jammed 0 6 £5 + 5 Premiership League Points
    SUPERNOVA 0 7 4 Premiership League Points           RED        4
    renchie 0 8 4 Premiership League Points             RED        4
    Becs1910 0 9 4 Premiership League Points            RED        4
    psychopear 0 10 4 Premiership League Points        
    sambaparti 0 11 4 Premiership League Points         RED        4
    lucky77777 0 12 3 Premiership League Points         RED        3
    JULIO1966 0 13 3 Premiership League Points         
    Turbo55 0 14 3 Premiership League Points           
    crouch01 0 15 3 Premiership League Points           RED        3
    zuvedriuka 0 16 3 Premiership League Points         RED        3
    tillytrot 0 17 2 Premiership League Points          RED        2
    shifty69 0 18 2 Premiership League Points           RED        2
    BOOM31 0 19 2 Premiership League Points            
    mag70 0 21 2 Premiership League Points              RED        2
    2_7OffSuit 0 22 2 Premiership League Points        
    hellasher 0 23 1 Premiership League Points         
    beck04 0 24 1 Premiership League Points            
    redman3031 0 25 1 Premiership League Points         RED        1
    DaBusiness 0 26 1 Premiership League Points         RED        1
    gareth1989 0 27 1 Premiership League Points         RED        1
    BANKER 0 28 1 Premiership League Points             RED        1
    elwyn1981 0 29 1 Premiership League Points          RED        1
    slimey 0 30 1 Premiership League Points             RED        1

Well played to all Team Red that scored tonight. Another winning draw.

• edited October 2010
    wp all, looks close!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!!:
    wot a joke my aq got beat by a8 pethetic always the lower hand pree wins always said and is a fact i dont care wot anyone says
    Posted by lucky77777

what do you expect lucky stop moaning all the time gawd! i was on the table with you for quite a while and you was doing ok playing solid but cant really blame someone for going in with a8 and not always the lower hand thats just in your head! its a free tourney why get so wound up over nothing all the time

did you not see 9s hold up against my AQ so that proves you wrong for starters and i had enough chips to fold etc but not a bad move
  • edited October 2010
    Seems we achieved another 'winnin' draw!!
    Wp all, a great team effort!   4 more points, we would have been TOP!!!

Note worth re-iterating, think every team member should be allowed to play/bet however he chooses, without criticism, dont think it hurts to have a couple of maverick's going for it!! I witnessed some great teamplay last nite at the sharp end where it matters, [towards 30 bubble, & points laddering up stages]

Will wait for official results, but the disaster of Yellow & Blue both winnin, seems to have been avoided!!

IN FACT looks like they both lost!!!!!!
     [Wonder what pretty pictures lucy4 is posting on other threads today!! Bless!]

Oranges seem to have fought back into picture, well done to them!

Will wait for table, but sure from our two final games, 2 wins WILL clinch it, A win & a draw COULD clinch it....
    .............IMPORTANTLY..........
    .......................................A WIN Sunday could put us top going into last game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE THERE FOR EACH OTHER SUNDAY RED BROTHERS & SISTERS,

SUN 10-10-10 , 8.30pm v team sky!!

LETS UNLEASH RED HELL UPON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE BIG RED EFFORT!
  • edited October 2010
    Current table at 06-10-10

Team Pld Won Lost Drawn Pts
    The Yellows 5 3 1 1 10
    The Oranges 5 3 2 0 9
    The Blues 5 2 1 2 8
    The Reds 5 2 1 2 8
    The Whites 5 1 1 3 6
    The Greens 5 1 2 2 5
    Team Sky 5 0 2 3 3
    The Purples 5 0 2 3 3

We gained 1 point on Blues, who lost BUT still have to play Oranges & Yellows!!

We gained 1 point on Yellows, who lost BUT!!! They still have to play BLUES

SO A 2-point nett gain on our closest rivals!!!!!!!

We are now thru the halfway point, and set nicely despite 2 draws that were nearly a win, and defeat that was nearly a draw!! This is where a RED Character wiil kick on Comrades! While others squabble & bicker, we have pulled together as a team, worked hard at table & chatbox with info, and scrapped points from our oppos!!!

We Now have to overcome, Greens & sky, 2 of bott 3 !! I wish them Luck, but NO points!!

OUR GOAL DIFF IS EXCELLENT!! Luckbox Yellows will be caught BEFORE the last GAME!!!

OUR TEAMPLAY & Camaraderie will Pull Us Through the small setbacks we have encountered!!

TEAMCOMRADE
    TEAMTOGETHER
    TEAMRED
    TEAMWIN!!!!!!!

WE ALL WORK HARD FOR OUR FAMILIES DURING THESE HARD TIMES!! ESCAPE!! SUNDAY MAKE TIME & EFFORT TO PULL TOGETHER & ACHIEVE!!! SUCCESS FROM ADVERSITY IS THE SWEETEST TASTE TO ENLIGHTEN OUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!! DO IT!!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : what do you expect lucky stop moaning all the time gawd! i was on the table with you for quite a while and you was doing ok playing solid but cant really blame someone for going in with a8 and not always the lower hand thats just in your head! its a free tourney why get so wound up over nothing all the time did you not see 9s hold up against my AQ so that proves you wrong for starters and i had enough chips to fold etc but not a bad move
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    well i know im right so its must be in my head cos something do stick in your head if it always happen 

and one red wont be competing in others so gl to u all
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : well i know im right so its must be in my head cos something do stick in your head if it always happen  and one red wont be competing in others so gl to u all
    Posted by lucky77777
    I respect your decision lucky, as I hope others will. We Are all dissapointed, but must stay positive!

This has been a fun 'free' tournament, but competitive to the point where you can practice good 'life' & 'achievement' skills!

We are all Red Brothers, but lets face it, No-one knows anyone from adam[26] lol!! THAT is the Challenge!!

If I were a respected close friend of yours, I would politley suggest to sleep off the dissapointment and re-consider my position in a couple of days!

I would love to battle at your side on a table Sunday nite!! It all depends how important the challenge is to you!

Whatever your decision, STAY POSITIVE!! I WILL!! I Hope ths REDTHREAD WILL TOO!

GOOD LUCK BROTHER!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : I respect your decision lucky, as I hope others will. We Are all dissapointed, but must stay positve! This has been a fun 'free' tournament, but competitive to the point where you can practice good 'life' & 'achievement' skills! We are all Red Brothers, but lets face it, No-one knows anyone from adam[26] lol!! THAT is the Challenge!! If I were a respected close friend of yours, I would politley suggest to sleep off the dissapointment and re-consider my position in a couple of days! I would love to battle at your side on a table Sunday nite!! It all depends how important the challenge is to you! Whatever your decision, STAY POSITIVE!! I WILL!! I Hope ths REDTHREAD WILL TOO! GOOD LUCK BROTHER!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    your a top man m8ty and brill work at the tables urging the reds on brill stuff just what i would do if i had my chat
    deep down i know your right but cant come to terms with this sites rng so as its free and i love my poker till death
    but when u know who reds are u dont try and take him out like what happened on another table which gun didnt see and if m8ty who had the ace -8 and folded i would of gone further that 12th as i call it bad team play late on
    but he was prob in it for self pleasure so if hes in it i will be and will try and take him out lol

keep up the good work captain hitman
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : your a top man m8ty and brill work at the tables urging the reds on brill stuff just what i would do if i had my chat deep down i know your right but cant come to terms with this sites rng so as its free and i love my poker till death but when u know who reds are u dont try and take him out like what happened on another table which gun didnt see and if m8ty who had the ace -8 and folded i would of gone further that 12th as i call it bad team play late on but he was prob in it for self pleasure so if hes in it i will be and will try and take him out lol keep up the good work captain hitman
    Posted by lucky77777
    S hit happenz in Life!! MORE S hit happenz in Poker !! it's How we deal with it that maketh the Man!!

I Know where you are at, been there...........Deep Breath.............. MOVE ON!!!

GL, I Know u will succeed in puttin probs/beats far behind you

IF.....

IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the REDWill which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
    if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a REDMan, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Adapted for poker by The Hitman circa 2010
  • edited October 2010
    ITS FREE ITS FUN!!! LOTS TO PLAY FOR COME ON REDZ!!

On top of this, there are also the following freerolls for the best performing teams at the end of the Sky Poker Premiership:

Team Prizes
       Freeroll 
    Champions £   500.00 
    Second £   300.00 
    Third £   200.00 
    Fourth £   100.00 

And the prizes don't stop there, because we've also got the following prizes for the top two performing players (in terms of points earned) in each team:

All Star XISunday Primo Seat (plus a pretty snazzy football avatar to use for a month)Second XI Friday Rebuy Open Seat 

So what are you waiting for?

As we said before, the Sky Poker Premiership is all completely free and it gives you the chance to win some amazing prizes. Get involved now and see if win your way to the Sky Poker Premiership title!

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : well i know im right so its must be in my head cos something do stick in your head if it always happen  and one red wont be competing in others so gl to u all
    Posted by lucky77777

thats a big shame lucky, all i will say on the matter. i know what you mean as when me and you were heads up countless times i would check all the way with a better hand, obv if you bet i probably would have called due to knowing i was ahead but other examples of the best hand does win. all down to the RNG which is same anywhere so if your not happy love you still contributing to the forums and the heads up competition and just play freebies etc and play for fun , the only thing i say as i have on a area 51 software thread is its all totally random so no way they can make the worse hand win it just happens as is a game of chance. personally i think you should play out the rest of the tourney lucky and just enjoy it you could earn valuable points or even money and i know you can do it because your not a bad player
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : player iamallin2 is no team member and wont be playing this after tonight either
    Posted by lucky77777
    I must apologise
    I did not realise you were a red team member until the hand when i hit a wheel, i put my cursor over your avatar to see how many chips you had and spotted it.
    I did not shove only min raised, i would have and was sure you would have called
    You were on my right and raising my BB nearly every time so did not suspect you were a red team member
    i am also unsure of the etiquette when playing with team members
    Gary
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : I must apologise I did not realise you were a red team member until the hand when i hit a wheel, i put my cursor over your avatar to see how many chips you had and spotted it. I did not shove only min raised, i would have and was sure you would have called You were on my right and raising my BB nearly every time so did not suspect you were a red team member i am also unsure of the etiquette when playing with team members Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Well said Gary, thanks for that post,

There is No rule/etiquette really in team poker, I guess it is new to us all!

All we ask is that team common sense prevails, but if unsure, as you were here, on team membership, you SHOULD play your normal aggressive[or passive] game without criticism!! Unfortunately i believe Lucki has no chat at pres, so just a case maybe of 'unlucky' Lucki..lol..hopefully we've chatted & we HAVE sorted!

Lots of good points have been made in earlier posts, but even with good team intentions, we may come unstuck!

Areas to help can be.

Quick Timer use to help teammate miss blind raise
    Slow timer use to ladder shortstack teammate up thru bubble or level
    Slow timer use if table weighted RED 4-2 /5-1 to ladder all up.
    Checking down when in pot against only teammates
    Calling an opponents small all-in, by multiple REDZ.... then checking down, risky but can work!
    Early doors, make sure Red aggression gets the 'Away' blinds, make sure you know who's Red if poss

BUT MOSTLY TO STAY POSITIVE WITH OTHER COMRADES, EVEN IF YOU THINK PLAY QUESTIONABLE!!

DISPUTES SMALL & LARGE WILL HAPPEN IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIROMENT, THEY HAVE WITH OTHER TEAMS!

We have kept ours to a respectful minimum! AND Hopefuly always re-solved them constructively, as Here!!

MOST IMPORTANT WE ALL MOVE FORWARD TOGETHER!! WELL DONE TEAM RED!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    We have a REAL strong chance in finishing in the top 2 here....

SUNDAY WE FIGHT!!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : Well said Gary, thanks for that post, There is No rule/etiquette really in team poker, I guess it is new to us all! All we ask is that team common sense prevails, but if unsure, as you were here, on team membership, you SHOULD play your normal aggressive[or passive] game without criticism!! Unfortunately i believe Lucki has no chat at pres, so just a case maybe of 'unlucky' Lucki..lol..hopefully we've chatted & we HAVE sorted! Lots of good points have been made in earlier posts, but even with good team intentions, we may come unstuck! Areas to help can be. Quick Timer use to help teammate miss blind raise Slow timer use to ladder shortstack teammate up thru bubble or level Slow timer use if table weighted RED 4-2 /5-1 to ladder all up. Checking down when in pot against only teammates Calling an opponents small all-in, by multiple REDZ.... then checking down, risky but can work! Early doors, make sure Red aggression gets the 'Away' blinds, make sure you know who's Red if poss BUT MOSTLY TO STAY POSITIVE WITH OTHER COMRADES, EVEN IF YOU THINK PLAY QUESTIONABLE!! DISPUTES SMALL & LARGE WILL HAPPEN IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIROMENT, THEY HAVE WITH OTHER TEAMS! We have kept ours to a respectful minimum! AND Hopefuly always re-solved them constructively, as Here!! MOST IMPORTANT WE ALL MOVE FORWARD TOGETHER!! WELL DONE TEAM RED!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Thanks Captain
    I appreciate the points and advice you have given, it is what is left out of the detail by my fellow team member that defines the post.

i am a team player and will do all i can for the reds to prevail so will forget this exchange and support the team, after all there is no I in TEAM. 
    Gary
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: REDS!!! GATHER ROUND THE FLAG!!! : Thanks Captain I appreciate the points and advice you have given, it is what is left out of the detail by my fellow team member that defines the post. Like no mention of the 240 bet into my BB on the river to try and steal and nothing in the chat box Also the fact that i was being min raised almost every hand and when i did find a playable hand, the player 2 to my left a maniac who pushed na all in donk bet pretty much every time and had got lucky twice so out chipped both of us i am a team player and will do all i can for the reds to prevail so will forget this exchange and support the team, after all there is no I in TEAM.  Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Nice One Comrade Gary !!

Now lets all crack on together, as equals, for REDgood!!
    TeamPldWonLostDrawnPts
    The Yellows531110
    The Oranges53209
    The Blues52128
    The Reds52128
    The Whites51136
    The Greens51225
    Team Sky50233
    The Purples50233
    Sunday   yellow V white & orange v blue!!  can easily be 2x draws!! but points will defo be dropped!!

a win would set us perfect,  esp. with blue v yellow last game!!!!

REDS RALLY ROUND THE FLAG!!!!!!

• edited October 2010
    We have a REAL strong chance in finishing in the top 2 here.... SUNDAY WE FIGHT!!!
    Posted by Ads2kuk
    Yes, Brother Yes!!!

DATS WOT AM TALKIN BOUT!!!  lol
  • edited October 2010
    You've still got Team Sky to play as well!!!!

3 points in the bag for the win.