You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now.

Comments

• edited February 2011

Oh it's getting ridiculous now.

Intstead of listening to the old guard

or the new guard....

Listen to the people who earn their living on here.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now.:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ELSADOG WHAT HAVE YOU DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOL
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

WOOF!

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now.:
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : WOOF!
    Posted by elsadog
    theres loads of you on here aswell doh fu cking morons who think there good brag about oh yeah i make a great lviing of it and that yeah maybe i dont make loads of money but at least im connistent no matter how many times i get beat with runner flushes straight i will never call an allin with less than a 10 like f ucking muppets like you so go give ur head a bang and speak to someone actually gives a shi  t what you think !!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : theres loads of you on here aswell doh fu cking morons who think there good brag about oh yeah i make a great lviing of it and that yeah maybe i dont make loads of money but at least im connistent no matter how many times i get beat with runner flushes straight i will never call an allin with less than a 10 like f ucking muppets like you so go give ur head a bang and speak to someone actually gives a shi  t what you think !!!!!!!!
    Posted by cuffyno1
    consistent
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : consistent
    Posted by cuffyno1
    and if you actually watched poker on tele then you would no that dennis is right because it just doesnt happen every hand a than can be up to ten players and garunteed if some 1 raises 5 times big blind 3 will fold but normally on sky poker most of them call come back when you no what your talking about muppet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Lol did you not see the quads vs quads hand on tv in the week??

Did the live dealer rig that for action?

Loads of mad stuff happens live..............................

Like others have said before you play so many more hands online than live, so you will see more straights vs
    flushs etc...............
  • edited February 2011
    Soggy biscuit anyone?????????????
  • edited February 2011
    lol, i know how ya feel Denis, ive been seeing this more and more regularily lately, but yeh, the variance is fine as a lot of the time i win, its the tournies where it kills ya though. as an example, had 2 clubs and 2 clubs on flop, then a club on the turn, and i just knew my QC-JC wasnt gonna win, and sure enough the river gave a fourth club, oppo shoved and i folded, he had AC, and this is quite regular, another was 44, flop came a four, on the other two tables within 2-3 minutes there was 2 other hands with trip 4's or set 4's, they seem to go in cycles here, if ya see loads of clubs appearing on the tables when multi tabling, call defo if your dealt 2 clubs, you be amazed how many times you hit, defo not 114/1 if you do it at the right time lol, the rng here does seem poor compared to some other sites, but you can never disprove it can ya, but hey, i only play for fun anyway but if i did play more serious i would defo pick another site!
  • edited February 2011
    lol, i know how ya feel Denis, ive been seeing this more and more regularily lately, but yeh, the variance is fine as a lot of the time i win, its the tournies where it kills ya though. as an example, had 2 clubs and 2 clubs on flop, then a club on the turn, and i just knew my QC-JC wasnt gonna win, and sure enough the river gave a fourth club, oppo shoved and i folded, he had AC, and this is quite regular, another was 44, flop came a four, on the other two tables within 2-3 minutes there was 2 other hands with trip 4's or set 4's, they seem to go in cycles here, if ya see loads of clubs appearing on the tables when multi tabling, call defo if your dealt 2 clubs, you be amazed how many times you hit, defo not 114/1 if you do it at the right time lol, the rng here does seem poor compared to some other sites, but you can never disprove it can ya, but hey, i only play for fun anyway but if i did play more serious i would defo pick another site!
    Posted by loonytoons
    I can almost guarentee that you wouldn't.

• edited February 2011
    on other sites, if you have the best hand pre flop it holds up a lot more Posted by steveskin1
    Does it really? This is how I bubbled a $2 re-buy tournament on PokerStars after 2 & 1/2 hours play this afternoon.

PokerStars Game #57932080210: Tournament #363499353, $2.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVIII (500/1000) - 2011/02/19 17:53:37 WET [2011/02/19 12:53:37 ET]
    Table '363499353 290' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: Be1ochka (11356 in chips)
    Seat 2: chikan0k (6486 in chips)
    Seat 3: luckybm2 (17609 in chips)
    Seat 4: plumstone (22615 in chips)
    Seat 5: Paterstraat (41105 in chips)
    Seat 6: GaryQQQ (19330 in chips)
    Seat 7: jorgecardoso (12858 in chips)
    Seat 8: valdok299 (11085 in chips)
    Seat 9: wotwot (34390 in chips)
    Be1ochka: posts the ante 125
    chikan0k: posts the ante 125
    luckybm2: posts the ante 125
    plumstone: posts the ante 125
    Paterstraat: posts the ante 125
    GaryQQQ: posts the ante 125
    jorgecardoso: posts the ante 125
    valdok299: posts the ante 125
    wotwot: posts the ante 125
    GaryQQQ: posts small blind 500
    jorgecardoso: posts big blind 1000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to GaryQQQ [Qh Qs]
    valdok299: folds
    wotwot: folds
    Be1ochka: folds
    chikan0k: folds
    luckybm2: folds
    plumstone: folds
    Paterstraat: raises 2000 to 3000
    GaryQQQ: raises 16205 to 19205 and is all-in
    jorgecardoso: folds
    Paterstraat: calls 16205
    *** FLOP *** [Tc
    7h 7c]
    *** TURN *** [Tc 7h 7c] [Ah]
    *** RIVER *** [Tc 7h 7c Ah] [Ts]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    GaryQQQ: shows [Qh Qs] (two pair, Queens and Tens)
    Paterstraat: shows [Qc Th] (a full house, Tens full of Sevens)
    Paterstraat collected 40535 from pot
    GaryQQQ finished the tournament in 439th place
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : cheers debs defo , something has changed .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Someone at Sky HQ is over using the BOOM button !
  • edited February 2011
    Over the last 2 days on cash I have seen a totally crazy number of miracle river cards. Was playing for 2 hours this evening on 8nl table and saw one player get her stack to 38 quid. She was going in behind and hitting monsters every few hands and getting called AI, even getting 2 callers, both ahead of her till the river.
    Saw similar happenings yesterday when had several miracle rivers against me in less than 2 hours.
    Something is wrong. Was saying it on the tables and I'm saying it now. Far too many action cards.
  • edited February 2011
    just lol @ everything on here (except for Dohhhhhhh and Gary obv)

go and play on stars / tilt / party / lads or anywhere else for a week or two, and i wouldn't mind betting that you'll end up on their forum complaining that it's all bent 

unless ofc u go to UB, in which case you might have a point!
  • edited February 2011
    just lol @ everything on here (except for Dohhhhhhh and Gary obv) go and play on stars / tilt / party / lads or anywhere else for a week or two, and i wouldn't mind betting that you'll end up on their forum complaining that it's all bent  unless ofc u go to UB, in which case you might have a point!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Hi shanxta,im not to sure if youve read all of the posts? not really anyone saying it is bent BUT most are in agreement that there is an unusual amount of action cards.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : Hi shanxta,im not to sure if youve read all of the posts? not really anyone saying it is bent BUT most are in agreement that there is an unusual amount of action cards.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Having read this and most of the posts in the forum over the last while, I cannot believe, as debs has previously mentioned, the amount of times 3 suited cards flop............. or am I just going through a bad run and looking for an excuse ??????
  • edited February 2011
    just lol @ everything on here (except for Dohhhhhhh and Gary obv) go and play on stars / tilt / party / lads or anywhere else for a week or two, and i wouldn't mind betting that you'll end up on their forum complaining that it's all bent  unless ofc u go to UB, in which case you might have a point!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    woo hoo except for dohhhhh and gary.
    watch you don't get your tongue stuck.
  • edited February 2011
    These are not people who regularly complain about it being fixed. They are saying that there seems to be far too many action hands - quads, boats, flushes than seems natural and dominated hands are winning way out of proportion.

If you can't see that you are brainwashed into thinking that this is normality. I am playing 3 tables on another site and have been on them all for about 3 hours - you can count the boats and flushes I've seen on both hands in that time. I've seen more than that on here in an hour on one table.

And it's not even a losing player rant in a lot of cases - some of these are winning players who don't like what they observe.

• edited February 2011
    I would be interested in you guys opinion on the thread "studying poker actually makes you worse.....discuss"
  • edited February 2011
    I would be interested in you guys opinion on the thread "studying poker actually makes you worse.....discuss"
    Posted by Maggiesdad

Studying poker will not make you worse ....... as you learn more your game will improve. 

• edited February 2011

A few things, 

selective memory

6max compared to full ring

And the more bad play you see (and the standard here is obv lower than stars/tilt / that's not a dig, i play here too!), the more action hands you'll see!!
  • edited February 2011
    A few things,  selective memory 6max compared to full ring And the more bad play you see (and the standard here is obv lower than stars/tilt / that's not a dig, i play here too!), the more action hands you'll see!!
    Posted by SHANXTA

6 handed tables and bad players don't generate the cards. 

• edited February 2011

When I say THESE REGULAR ACTION HANDS ( note thread title )

Let me just make myself more clearer in what I am saying .

I now have played 10 games on stars & cashed in all 10 as follows :

48th from 1059 = over 4 hrs play

116th from 1215 = over 4 hrs play

63rd from 1250 = over 4 hrs play

7 X 50/50 games ( similar to a dym game ) cashed in all 7

I now have played or seen over 800 hands,

hands that is,

played out to show down in stars .

In these 800+ hands a realistic amount have got lucky in either flops , turns or rivers .

I have seen more outdraws in one deepstack alone in skypoker ,

then in comparison to  all 10 games above on stars .

The more games i see the more  astonished by the difference i become .

I suppose in a sense i am now becoming reconditioned

to a more realistic form of poker hands . 

I am aware the above subject is a very touchy subject & I must

commend all opinions / posts on said subject as being excellently mannered .

Bottom line I am just commenting honestly in what I see .

Denis

p.s As said before in thread I will pop back now & then to play

the odd deepsatck with my buds ,

No matter if they agree or disagree with above .

We  are all entitled  to an adult opinion on above .

• edited February 2011
    The three most overused uninformed easily learnt excuses for people opening their eyes and closing their brains:

1. More hands per hour equals more bad beats
    2, Players who complain have selective memory.
    3. People playing badly alters %'s.

Head, meet wall.
  • edited February 2011
      When I say THESE REGULAR ACTION HANDS ( note thread title ) Let me just make myself more clearer in what I am saying .     I now have played 10 games on stars & cashed in all 10 as follows :   48 th from 1059 = over 4 hrs play 116 th from 1215 = over 4 hrs play 63 rd from 1250 = over 4 hrs play 7 X 50/50 games ( similar to a dym game ) cashed in all 7 I now have played or seen over 800 hands, hands that is, played out to show down in stars . In these 800+ hands a realistic amount have got lucky in either flops , turns or rivers . I have seen more outdraws in one deepstack alone in skypoker , then in comparison to  all 10 games above on stars . The more games i see the more  astonished by the different i become . I suppose in a sense i am now becoming reconditioned to a more realistic form of poker hands .  I am aware the above subject is a very touchy subject & I must commend all opinions / posts on said subject as being excellently mannered . Bottom line I am just commenting honestly in what I see . Denis p.s As said before in thread I will pop back now & then to play the odd deepsatck with my buds , No matter if they agree or disagree with above . We  are all entitled  to an adult opinion on above .  
    Posted by IRISHROVER

This is the very point I attempted to get across all those weeks ago. Regular players on Sky have become conditioned to the action hands and outdraws and are told regularly that it's how poker is.

It isn't!

We've had umpteen players on here defending Sky and poker in general out of some sort of mis-placed loyalty. The recent discussions on here have generally been well mannered debate and AMYBR has played a major role in initiating that. Because the debate was carried out in that manner a lot of experienced players have taken notice rather than dimisssing it as a rant by a loser. Now we have some experienced and profitable players starting to take the matter seriously and have gone away and tried it for themselves.

There will always those who place their trust in things they perhaps don't understand but thankfully there will also be some who will question what they see to be wrong.

As for Mr Rover - well there's a loser if I ever saw one - never made a profit on here - moaned all the time and ranted in area 51 - I THINK NOT!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : This is the very point I attempted to get across all those weeks ago. Regular players on Sky have become conditioned to the action hands and outdraws and are told regularly that it's how poker is. It isn't! We've had umpteen players on here defending Sky and poker in general out of some sort of mis-placed loyalty. The recent discussions on here have generally been well mannered debate and AMYBR has played a major role in initiating that. Because the debate was carried out in that manner a lot of experienced players have taken notice rather than dimisssing it as a rant by a loser. Now we have some experienced and profitable players starting to take the matter seriously and have gone away and tried it for themselves. There will always those who place their trust in things they perhaps don't understand but thankfully there will also be some who will question what they see to be wrong. As for Mr Rover - well there's a loser if I ever saw one - never made a profit on here - moaned all the time and ranted in area 51 - I THINK NOT!
    Posted by elsadog
    EXCELLENT POST
  • edited February 2011
    Don't worry sky the players on stars who complain about action hands will start player here:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pokerstars+action+hands
  • edited February 2011
    Don't worry sky the players on stars who complain about action hands will start player here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pokerstars+action+hands
    Posted by RedHouse
    What! You found an action hand on Stars  wow!

Let me see - 200,000 players on site at any one time multiplied by 60 hands per hour ........ that's, well ..... a lot, and you found an action hand on the internet.

Well done! Go and see if you can find some more :o)
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for the courtesy name drop there Alan.  Got to admit it made me feel a little guilty as I've noticed that my posts are becoming shorter and more caustic by the day :)

I just find it sooooooooo frustrating that despite the calibre of players coming forward to discuss concerns in an open frank manner, there are still so many people who are only interested in shooting people down without taking on board any of the subjuect matter.  There is nothing wrong with experienced players debating what they see and experirnce at the table.  It is healthy and appropriate as a consumer to do so.

I was never looking to change peoples minds or prove anything.  I simply wanted to hear other peoples experiences.  But the amount of people dogmatically preaching propaganda has kind of got to me I think.
  • edited February 2011
    Hiya guys, and disguise, very interesting debate going on here. I too have noticed a big change in the amount of big action hands on sky. But I am reluctant to think it's because of any funny business going on, so I have tried to come up with a reason for it----- One thing I have noticed is this----- Ed giddins and Trevor Harris, and to some extent, Tikay, have been going on and on about-- "he's spotted some weakness"-- "he's spotted some weakness"-- "and reraised him off the hand"---- I believe this has led to a trend on sky, People are now slow playing big hands and deliberately trying to look weak by checking whoppa's--- six months ago, people were raising with aces and trying to get paid that way, now they seem to be slow playing everything------ When the whole table slow plays every time they get a hand, a lot more "action hands" will be seen at showdown--- six months ago, they were raising properly, protecting hands, and making people fold drawing hands--- loads of times I have seen people slow playing hands that they really should raise with, and checking to feign weakness till the river is delt----- If a player is raising with big hands, and protecting, or trying to get paid big when he hits, then a lot less hands get to showdown, so a lot less "action hands" are actually seen by everyone at the table---- Could this be the reason we are confused here?--- There has definitely been a big rise in slow playing, and flat calling hands like ak, jj, aa, kk,--- Hands that were raised with a lot more six months ago, and so, hands that were not getting to showdown, so not being seen by the table--- whatcha tink?
  • edited February 2011
    The fact that Sky closed down the RNG discussion thread is, in my opinion, extremely worrying.