You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now.

123457»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now.:
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : +1
    Posted by harding10
    +1
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now.:
    how many more threads are you going to write this negitive stuff on. your are loke a virus spreading through this forum. please sky stop this!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    +0

spelling mistakes?
  • edited April 2011

Hi All,

I totally agree with Irishrover and so does Sizzling. Please note before you shout at us we boh know how to play poker and play it well (same as Irish) We both came in the top 30 in the quarter therefore play a lot of hands.

I can assure you that the amount of action flops occuring where the flop marries the hands being played is exceptionally high. Also I have noticed that the worse hand seems to be winning around 80% of the time which is unrealistic as it should be 20%

Finally if you really think this is a conspiracy theory then I will provid you with some evidence which is undisputable.

The Primo is now down to 12.5k guaranteed because players are leaving. The amount of players on this site is dropping like a stone and the level of newby donks is sky high and the bad play is primarily due to Bounty hunters.

I know of at least 10 players who no longer wish to have bad beat after bad beat and.. from my perspective i can't cope with the following />>  AA shoved called with K 10 flop drops K 10 10.

Down from 4200 chips to 1800

Next Hand KK />> shoved, same person call with 23 flop drop A45

So 2 hands in a row the underdog gets paid off with crazy calls.. this is very unlikely yet on Sky its the norm!!

Whether you believe or disbelieve I can assure you that the good players are walking and they all give the same reason.. abnomal action, hand after hand with all the same cards and far too many bad beats.

Hate to say it but my money is heading back to Jokerstars until i know this site starts to get serious and Sky start to realise that by attracting newbies and doing Donk BH all the time they will continue to lose the solid players...

Like Irish I say it as i see it..

• edited April 2011
    Hi All, I totally agree with Irishrover and so does Sizzling. Please note before you shout at us we boh know how to play poker and play it well (same as Irish) We both came in the top 30 in the quarter therefore play a lot of hands. I can assure you that the amount of action flops occuring where the flop marries the hands being played is exceptionally high. Also I have noticed that the worse hand seems to be winning around 80% of the time which is unrealistic as it should be 20% Finally if you really think this is a conspiracy theory then I will provid you with some evidence which is undisputable. The Primo is now down to 12.5k guaranteed because players are leaving. The amount of players on this site is dropping like a stone and the level of newby donks is sky high and the bad play is primarily due to Bounty hunters. I know of at least 10 players who no longer wish to have bad beat after bad beat and.. from my perspective i can't cope with the following />>  AA shoved called with K 10 flop drops K 10 10. Down from 4200 chips to 1800 Next Hand KK />> shoved, same person call with 23 flop drop A45 So 2 hands in a row the underdog gets paid off with crazy calls.. this is very unlikely yet on Sky its the norm!! Whether you believe or disbelieve I can assure you that the good players are walking and they all give the same reason.. abnomal action, hand after hand with all the same cards and far too many bad beats. Hate to say it but my money is heading back to Jokerstars until i know this site starts to get serious and Sky start to realise that by attracting newbies and doing Donk BH all the time they will continue to lose the solid players... Like Irish I say it as i see it..
    Posted by Magicalman
    1- The number of players on here is not dropping, the site is growing. 

2 - What good players? The best players on the site are the cash players. I don't see any of those leaving, just watch MC on a saturday night they're still all here earning a living on the site.

3 - Good Luck on stars, you'll be back when you realise it's easier to beat bad players than good ones.
  • edited April 2011

Having play one in a long long time ,
     but going to try a deepstack at 9.15 pm tonight ,

crash helmet at the ready lol .

• edited April 2011
    good luck mate, good to see you around   phil
  • edited April 2011
    Hi All, I totally agree with Irishrover and so does Sizzling. Please note before you shout at us we boh know how to play poker and play it well (same as Irish) We both came in the top 30 in the quarter therefore play a lot of hands. I can assure you that the amount of action flops occuring where the flop marries the hands being played is exceptionally high. Also I have noticed that the worse hand seems to be winning around 80% of the time which is unrealistic as it should be 20% Finally if you really think this is a conspiracy theory then I will provid you with some evidence which is undisputable. The Primo is now down to 12.5k guaranteed because players are leaving. The amount of players on this site is dropping like a stone and the level of newby donks is sky high and the bad play is primarily due to Bounty hunters. I know of at least 10 players who no longer wish to have bad beat after bad beat and.. from my perspective i can't cope with the following /> />  AA shoved called with K 10 flop drops K 10 10. Down from 4200 chips to 1800 Next Hand KK />> shoved, same person call with 23 flop drop A45 So 2 hands in a row the underdog gets paid off with crazy calls.. this is very unlikely yet on Sky its the norm!! Whether you believe or disbelieve I can assure you that the good players are walking and they all give the same reason.. abnomal action, hand after hand with all the same cards and far too many bad beats. Hate to say it but my money is heading back to Jokerstars until i know this site starts to get serious and Sky start to realise that by attracting newbies and doing Donk BH all the time they will continue to lose the solid players... Like Irish I say it as i see it..
    Posted by Magicalman

Thanks magicman ,this almost confirms exactly what I was saying ,There has been a lot of newbies on the site  and I think this has a lot to do with the  advertising on 2plus2 ,.The bad beats on here are unbearable.

Its guys on here who stick up for the site and who continually slate me on here saying theres nothing wrong when most obviously there is.!
    And  his attitude towards me for a 39th old is somewhat  childish.,

gl magicalman hope we meet again some day
  • edited April 2011
      Having play one in a long long time ,  but going to try a deepstack at 9.15 pm tonight ,  crash helmet at the ready lol .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    good luck ;~)xxx
  • edited April 2011
    good luck mate, good to see you around   phil
    Posted by pod1
    ty phil n1
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : Thanks magicman ,this almost confirms exactly what I was saying ,There has been a lot of newbies on the site  and I think this has a lot to do with the  advertising on 2plus2 ,.The bad beats on here are unbearable. Its guys on here who stick up for the site and who continually slate me on here saying theres nothing wrong when most obviously there is.! And  his attitude towards me for a 39th old is somewhat  childish., gl magicalman hope we meet again some day
    Posted by AJW1976
    I haven't really questioned your posts other than the one in the clinic.

Can you explain, if the site is rigged/b ent/faulty/not random...whatever.....

How can so many professional poker players trust it enough to earn their living on here day in, day out? For years.......

Go....!.......
  • edited April 2011
    "its all about you.......Its all about you bay bee".

(its not all about you AJW) :)
  • edited April 2011

Guys,

please lets keep this simple

1. I am not saying the site is rigged, purely that it suffers from far too many amazing hands.

2. If the site is growing explain why there were only 3000 people online last week end, 4,000 the week end before and when i joined it was 10,000 (I joined last year)

3. If the site is growing why has the Primo guarantee dropped from £20k to £12.5k. Surely this is a direct reflection on the amount playing.

Finally, I dont think this is really aimed at cash coz they play nuts anyways. Its aimed at tournament players and, in my humble opinion the site has a very high amount of donks (people who cant play or fold).

Now don't get me wrong we all want some newbies to pay us off but when you start seeing 4 people in a massively raised pot every hand then its likely your AA gets donked!.

So Dohhh, stop defending it and start listening to what is being said. People are leaving and playing elsewhere.

I like the site and I dont have any issue being donked at the sharp end of a torney when they are short BUT when people play stupid hands for massive raises early doors and catch against really solid hands then somthing is awry.

E.G. I shoved AA in the Classic tonight and got 3 callers, the first guy had AK so makes absolute sense, the next had 33 and he last had 55... Basically he last 2 people had no equiy and still called. (They lost thankfully). This is totally poor play but it happens all the time

SO.. its either the Card Generator which is set to create action, OR,

too many newbies who havent a clue causing these problems.

If w really want a site full of good players then this HAS to be addressed and I will explain to you why, in simple terms.

All this may be B ollocks but count the amount of people who are in agreement and leaving. They aren't all stupid players and the one's i can see can certainly play well. It may be a figment of our imaginations but people are RUNNING away!!!

Now DOHHHH, if you disagree then explain why the PRIMO is no longer guaranteed at £20k?

I know you are a great advocat Dohhh and I respect you for this. I wish to see the site excel and so do you so please stop putting your head in the sand in blind defence and recognise the people commenting and maybe they JUST MIGHT have a point.

Luv MM

• edited April 2011
    now thats wot i call magic!
  • edited April 2011
    All the tourny guarantees are reduced in the summer as the weather is better and the nights are lighter so more people go out instead of staying in playing online.

Tikay has said umpteen times that the site is growing. 

I don't think he has ever given evidence, but he will have it, he isn't just guessing they monitor it. 

Use the ask tikay thread if you want him to prove it, he has said it at least 10 times that I can remember, and I don't think he's the kinda guy to lie. 

You dismiss my point about the cash professionals on the site by saying "they play nuts anyway" - What does that mean? How can you just dismiss a point by saying that? - They play better than anyone else on the site. They make the most money. 80,000+ per year is the minimum alot of them make, off this site.

They rely on this site to feed their children and pay their bills. 

It's no co-incidence that 99% of  people who moan in area51 are losing tourny players. If you can't handle the variance in tournys, don't play them. Learn to play cash, learn to "play nuts" and maybe you will start to make as much money as the best players do. That's what I'm trying to do anyway :)

• edited April 2011
    Have always said I'm a big time online losing player, having my issues with certain elements.  But went away, followed some of doh's advice and have had pretty decent cash results. 

Mainly in terms of volume.  So i have to give him credit for knowing what he's talking about online.

Plus a live poker dealer made a very concise argument in Area 51 this weak that really ought to be listened to, in regard to his experiences of live variance,
  • edited April 2011

Dohhh,

what you are saying is that this is a cash site and not a tournament site.

Thats fine, because its all the tournament players, who also make a living playing poker, who are the one's which are commenting.

There is only one slight flaw. New people are attracted to tournament and then they may move across and. if its all about CASH why are all the TV interviews with tournament players no CASH ones.

I think you have shown your true colours, you are only interestd in cash play.

Maybe its time for SKY to focus purely on cash then.

Luv MM
  • edited April 2011

Oh, and one last point. I joined Sky last June and the PRIMO guarantee was £20k so you aren't correct regarding seasonal adjustment!
  • edited April 2011
    Dohhh, what you are saying is that this is a cash site and not a tournament site. Thats fine, because its all the tournament players, who also make a living playing poker, who are the one's which are commenting. There is only one slight flaw. New people are attracted to tournament and then they may move across and. if its all about CASH why are all the TV interviews with tournament players no CASH ones. I think you have shown your true colours, you are only interestd in cash play. Maybe its time for SKY to focus purely on cash then. Luv MM
    Posted by Magicalman

Doh you evil dirty man :p

You've show your true colours you filthy cash player lol, how dare you :p

(satire mods)
  • edited April 2011
    just get sky to admit what they are now doing !....just blatantly wrong in any case...Just to think I HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE SPT IN LUTON AND MET ALL THE LOVELY STAFF AND PLAYERS .! 

Now Im not so sure i want to be playing at all here on this site.Just because Its given me bad hallucinations of what happend on absolute poker and fulltilt poker...Weird as it may sound but is it such a level to assume they moved onto thier networks />>??? ie with the iensnare buisnness creeping in wit it all??

Just be honest sky why have there been so many issues and problems..

I loved this site at first ,It just amazes me how bad one can run especially since the very 1st game I played on this site I BANKED OVER 600 POUNDS...         Whats happend ??  just dont get it im afraid
  • edited April 2011

I'm saying the same rng is used to deal out the cash hands, that is used to deal the tournament hands.

There isn't a different dealer for each format.

The best cash players play 8 tables each, for 4/5 hours a night, 5/6/7 nights a week.

If there was anything happening to suggest a faulty/unfair rng, they will be the first to notice it, and it would effect them the most, therefore they would be the first to speak out and complain about it.

Instead, they continue to put 200 quid on 8 tables at once, totalling around 1,500 in play at once. They continue to play, and grind it out. They never moan, they just take their beats on the chin and get on with it.

Meanwhile, the £2.20, £5.50 mtt players lose 20 tournys in a row, totalling less than £100, and then start moaning and crying about the site being fixed.

Just remeber the key point is, the cash players use the same rng as the tourny players. 

• edited April 2011
    Dohhh, what you are saying is that this is a cash site and not a tournament site. Thats fine, because its all the tournament players, who also make a living playing poker, who are the one's which are commenting. There is only one slight flaw. New people are attracted to tournament and then they may move across and. if its all about CASH why are all the TV interviews with tournament players no CASH ones. I think you have shown your true colours, you are only interestd in cash play. Maybe its time for SKY to focus purely on cash then. Luv MM
    Posted by Magicalman
    sky tv lately has all been about CASH!! ......love the tickay and rich orford analysis but what about the tourneys?
  • edited April 2011
    and lol at the cash thing.

I play lots of sngs, mainly heads up, where the variance is most severe.

And have played hundreds of mtts too.

I don't wanna go too much into my record, but I've made money in the mtt's without ever winning a big 1, that's in an 18 month period.

I should have won 1 by now, definitely, but I've run bad at crucial stages and lost the big flips. That's what happens in tournys.

My main game as you say, is in cash, because you need less luck to win. 

I'm not a 1 trick pony like you are suggesting though, feel free to skop me, and filter to sng, and mtt. 
  • edited April 2011
    I'm saying the same rng is used to deal out the cash hands, that is used to deal the tournament hands. There isn't a different dealer for each format. The best cash players play 8 tables each, for 4/5 hours a night, 5/6/7 nights a week. If there was anything happening to suggest a faulty/unfair rng, they will be the first to notice it, and it would effect them the most, therefore they would be the first to speak out and complain about it. Instead, they continue to put 200 quid on 8 tables at once, totalling around 1,500 in play at once. They continue to play, and grind it out. They never moan, they just take their beats on the chin and get on with it. Meanwhile, the £2.20, £5.50 mtt players lose 20 tournys in a row, totalling less than £100, and then start moaning and crying about the site being fixed. Just remeber the key point is, the cash players use the same rng as the tourny players. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohh u seem preety clued in/up ,....Just 1 question ok for you. since you said its the same rng that deals the cash and tourneys together via each and every indvidualy hand .

My question is how are the hands delivered by server to client software or rather how is each individual hand distributed onto a persons computer network ?? Ie is this by each packet of data or is it by a bunch of data that is then transmitted? />??

I am thinking youre preety up with this kind of relative tech/poker stuff so if you can please explain how the data is transferred to ones computer I would much appreciate it.,Ie the reason I ask is because I want to make sure that the data is thourouly checked /double checked and of course secured.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : Dohh u seem preety clued in/up ,....Just 1 question ok for you. since you said its the same rng that deals the cash and tourneys together via each and every indvidualy hand . My question is how are the hands delivered by server to client software or rather how is each individual hand distributed onto a persons computer network ?? Ie is this by each packet of data or is it by a bunch of data that is then transmitted? />?? I am thinking youre preety up with this kind of relative tech/poker stuff so if you can please explain how the data is transferred to ones computer I would much appreciate it.,Ie the reason I ask is because I want to make sure that the data is thourouly checked /double checked and of course secured.
    Posted by AJW1976
    Ah, this is a massive mis-read.

I am useless with technology, especially computers I don't know how to do anything. It's all a mystery to me, all I use my computer for is poker, I don't know how to do anything else.

I wouldn't know where to start........

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : sky tv lately has all been about CASH!! ......love the tickay and rich orford analysis but what about the tourneys?
    Posted by AJW1976
     Two out of three live shows each week cover tournaments.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm saying the same rng is used to deal out the cash hands, that is used to deal the tournament hands. There isn't a different dealer for each format. The best cash players play 8 tables each, for 4/5 hours a night, 5/6/7 nights a week. If there was anything happening to suggest a faulty/unfair rng, they will be the first to notice it, and it would effect them the most, therefore they would be the first to speak out and complain about it. Instead, they continue to put 200 quid on 8 tables at once, totalling around 1,500 in play at once. They continue to play, and grind it out. They never moan, they just take their beats on the chin and get on with it. Meanwhile, the £2.20, £5.50 mtt players lose 20 tournys in a row, totalling less than £100, and then start moaning and crying about the site being fixed. Just remeber the key point is, the cash players use the same rng as the tourny players. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

How would they know? If they are still winning overall, but it's taking them a little longer they wouldn't be any the wiser. But the overall rake would be considerably increased and to make sure they don't cotton on to that we will give them rakeback. Of course they won't get any from the other players who don't qualify result is rake is increased for te site.

It may be much more subtle than you think JJ.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: These regular action hands, its all starting to look a bit siily now. : Ah, this is a massive mis-read. I am useless with technology, especially computers I don't know how to do anything. It's all a mystery to me, all I use my computer for is poker, I don't know how to do anything else. I wouldn't know where to start........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ty fer the update dohhh  appreciate it