You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's wrong with this site?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site?:
    didnt you final table the primo recently, and you say you won it last july? so in the last 11months there have been 44maximum primos that you could have entered, with average field size slightly over 300 id imagine, and you have won one of them and FT'd another (atleast once!). do you realise how good you have to run to final table these comps let alone win them?
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

Yes I did FT a couple of weeks ago and I won 4 ME's and FT'd a few more. Must have been on a lucky streak I guess.

I'll quit while I'm ahead :o)

• edited May 2011
    My advice is play cash, harder to get beat by tards, although its annoying when they take your ££

+First time ive posted in this section and the retarded play on the tables is backed up by some of the retarded posts on this section of the forum
  • edited May 2011
    Hope you run good elsewhere Elsa, quick question.  Where did this 200000 active players come from that is being mentioned all the time.  This is clearly wrong unless active means any player that has played at least 1 hand in the last year or something stupid like that.  You only have to go on the sky league and click on total points to get the reverse table, 40000 have got at least 1 point this month!  Using this as a starting point I guess about half of these play regularly enough to be called active....
  • edited May 2011
    Cheers  Dude

Have fun where ever you play  ;o)

• edited May 2011
    Anyone else get the killer pause before the killer card? Everyone i speak to who play on this site says its fixed in someway or another, i just find it to predictable whats going to happen when the cards are on there backs :/
  • edited May 2011
    Anyone else get the killer pause before the killer card? Everyone i speak to who play on this site says its fixed in someway or another, i just find it to predictable whats going to happen when the cards are on there backs :/
    Posted by murray69
    Speak to some good players
  • edited May 2011
    Hope you run good elsewhere Elsa, quick question.  Where did this 200000 active players come from that is being mentioned all the time.  This is clearly wrong unless active means any player that has played at least 1 hand in the last year or something stupid like that.  You only have to go on the sky league and click on total points to get the reverse table, 40000 have got at least 1 point this month!  Using this as a starting point I guess about half of these play regularly enough to be called active....
    Posted by Patching99

TY m8

not sure where it came from but it's been quoted a few times.

• edited May 2011
    Cheers  Dude Have fun where ever you play  ;o) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5ya_Gq8d4Q
    Posted by JockBMW

Nice one but I prefer Derek and Clive
  • edited May 2011
    Good riddance woof woof! The less Alans on here the better IMO. When they start doing the set ups in alphabetical order, I will be quids in! I just need to get Aaron (Machka) & Anjie1970 6 month bans and I will increase my chances. Take care pal and I do listen to what you are saying.....so keep saying it please, even if you ain't playing on here no more. You have a free tab in AL's Bar mate.
    Posted by MAXALLY

:o)
  • edited May 2011
    Looking good tonight as well
    ighKOSmall blind 30.0030.003970.00sac06Big blind 60.0090.00990.00 Your hole cards99   borobabe09Fold    DrSharpFold    KIRKYBOY92Fold    dalzmanFold    SighKORaise 150.00240.003820.00sac06All-in 990.001230.000.00SighKOCall 870.002100.002950.00SighKOShow99   sac06Show7J   Flop  3JA   Turn  2   River  2   sac06WinTwo Pairs, Jacks and 2s2100.00 2100.00
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site? : LOL very good.  You don't just read between the lines you miss whole pages. 
    Posted by elsadog
    Well, good luck to you if you'll be playing on Stars. I play there as much as I play on Sky but I see far more ridiculous suck-outs and action flops. For example, on Sunday I bubbled a SCOOP event, on the BB I found a perfect squeeze-shove spot over a raise and 3 callers. I had JJ and 24BB, they all folded to the button who decided to call with his 99. The average stack at the time was 41K, this was for a 56K pot. He binked one of his 2 outers obv.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site? : Well, good luck to you if you'll be playing on Stars. I play there as much as I play on Sky but I see far more ridiculous suck-outs and action flops. For example, on Sunday I bubbled a SCOOP event, on the BB I found a perfect squeeze-shove spot over a raise and 3 callers. I had JJ and 24BB, they all folded to the button who decided to call with his 99. The average stack at the time was 41K, this was for a 56K pot. He binked one of his 2 outers obv.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

UL but that happens anywhere. My problem isn't with any specific hand - I showed the hand on this thread because it was effectively my last. I've never gone in for examining or complaining about individual hands. My problem here is broader than that. The hands you see on here can be seen tenfold just by watching a table or two in any mtt.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site? : UL but that happens anywhere. My problem isn't with any specific hand - I showed the hand on this thread because it was effectively my last. I've never gone in for examining or complaining about individual hands. My problem here is broader than that. The hands you see on here can be seen tenfold just by watching a table or two in any mtt.
    Posted by elsadog

If you experience the sort of hands you're talking about more frequently on Sky than you do on Stars then fair enough, it makes sense to play on Stars. For me it's the reverse, I keep making deep runs on Stars then taking cruel beats just before big pay jumps, I can win the unimportant flips there, say when I find myself short in an early level and I just want to double or bust, but when I'm deep and it really matters they never go my way. Personally I just think it's randomness, so I'll continue to play on both sites.

I have no reason to defend Sky; Stars have cheaper rake, a better selection of tournaments, superior software, antes, H4H, synchronised breaks. Sky Poker's best assets are this community and ch 865. There's not much difference in the standard of play between the sites at the lower stakes IMO, if anything Stars is a bit softer. The one thing I believe to be completely equal between the two (and any other site, and live poker) is the randomness of the RNG/shuffle. Where ever anybody chooses to play, both the winners and the losers, skill will prevail in the long run.

Anyway, good luck.
  • edited May 2011
    Just thought i'd post in support of you Elsa, i've seen you going deep in tournaments recently and asked myself 'how can he moan so much when he's cashing all the time?!' - but your opening post sums up how i feel as well..even though I can have decent results every now and again (small stakes tournaments), i just don't completely trust the site, there's always a doubt in my mind about the RNG for some reason which i don't have on other sites, it's not like i'm a massive winner on other sites, far from it..i just trust them more for whatever reason.

Good luck wherever you choose to carry on playing!
  • edited May 2011
    Best of luck elsadog , you are and will remain a legend on this site.The very very strange thing is most defo that proven winning players are leaving this site ( yourself and irishrover spring to mind) that in itself says something is amiss somewhere,as i said best of luck xxx
  • edited May 2011
    Best of luck elsadog , you are and will remain a legend on this site.The very very strange thing is most defo that proven winning players are leaving this site ( yourself and irishrover spring to mind) that in itself says something is amiss somewhere,as i said best of luck xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67

Am not leaving, just playing very occassionally..:)...when im bored...:)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to What's wrong with this site?:
    I've played here for over 2 years and in the main I've enjoyed it. I've had upswings and downswings and that's to be expected. The community is great - probably the best.  Some months ago I sent a PM to Tikay saying that I felt something had changed and that it concerned me. What I was seeing at the tables just didn't seem to make sense. There were just too many long shots coming in. It seemed that the worse you played a hand the more the rewards were. I never got a reply to that PM. That's OK, I understand the man's position. I became interested in what was happening, or certainly appeared to be happening from my view. I had an awful run for a time and then it came good for a time. But good or bad I still felt uncomfortable with what I was seeing. Sometimes I was on the good side of the variance and sometimes I was on the bad side. There's been a lot of discussion in area51 regarding RNG's and the like and mostly it was both informative and interesting. Questions I felt should have been answered by the management were ignored, as they were by the AGCC and TST when I emailed them. I still see things that make me wonder if all is well at Sky Poker. There certainly appears to be a tendency to reward bad play, again from my view of things. I know that a lot of folk won't agree with me and I respect their view and I hope I have always reacted appropriately when I have disagreed with them. I still hold the view that something isn't quite right. Of course I have no proof that what I think is correct - I don't think it would be possible to prove anything even if I tried, and so I can only go with my instincts based on my time in this game and my experience, telling me it's wrong.  Over the last few weeks I have been unhappy playing on Sky. I won't bore you with why, it's my opinion and I hope you will respect that. Tonight I said to myself I'll have one last go and see what happens - it wasn't pretty. I will post my final hand on here with the villain's name removed as an example of what I seem to encounter all too often on here. I know that one hand is meaningless but for me it's just the last in a long line of ''coincidences'' that have spoiled for me, what was my poker home for the last 2 years.  I won't be playing on Sky although I most certainly will be playing elsewhere. Please don't regard this as an ''I'm off - see you tomorrow'' post. I've thought long and hard over this and I should play where I feel comfortable not where I am constantly suspicious of the outcomes. I will still be hanging around the fantastic people in area51 - you're the best on the site, no matter what the sensible people say, so I will still post from time to time and as I always say - be careful because I'm always watching always taking note. Anyway that hand - feel free to criticise. I knew he had hit on the river but to be honest I couldn't be bothered to fold it. I sharked the guy and he is a serious loser - in the thousands- and I know someone will say we want these players. The problem is on here they hit far too often and when like me you only play mtt's, you meet these drawing machines all the time, and when they keep hitting then your tournament is over. I prefer to have a slightly better run for my money elsewhere. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance xxxxxx Small blind   10.00 10.00 1970.00 BAD_BLEET Big blind   20.00 30.00 1980.00   Your hole cards 8 8       elsadog Raise   60.00 90.00 1940.00 TONY509 Fold         SAXX1 Call   60.00 150.00 2580.00 chelski007 Call   60.00 210.00 3320.00 xxxxx Call   50.00 260.00 1920.00 BAD_BLEET Call   40.00 300.00 1940.00 Flop     3 4 2       xxxxx Check         BAD_BLEET Check         elsadog Bet   300.00 600.00 1640.00 SAXX1 Fold         chelski007 Fold         xxxxx Call   300.00 900.00 1620.00 BAD_BLEET Fold         Turn     6       xxxxx Check         elsadog Bet   900.00 1800.00 740.00 xxxxx Call   900.00 2700.00 720.00 River     Q       xxxxx All-in   720.00 3420.00 0.00 elsadog Call   720.00 4140.00 20.00 xxxxxx Show Q 8       elsadog Show 8 8       xxxxxx Win Pair of Queens 4140.00   4140.00 Good luck at the tables - you will need it I think.
    Posted by elsadog

gl on stars topman .

• edited May 2011
    Posted by debdobs_67
     But Irishrover is back playing this site again.!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site? :  But Irishrover is back playing this site again.!!!!
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Only for a laugh is my guess as to why dennis has returned ;)
  • edited May 2011
    I'm sure I'll pop back occasssionally to see if things are still the same :o)

There's a lot of choice out there but only one forum.
  • edited May 2011
    Seriously boring. 
  • edited May 2011
    Seriously boring. 
    Posted by BrownnDog

hmmm why post ?

lol...

havin a little downswing?

:)
  • edited May 2011
    Seriously boring. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Don't read it then?
  • edited May 2011
    Seriously boring. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    I didn't realise Sky had started doing personnel signatures to posts now! :))
  • edited May 2011
    Seriously boring. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    At least you have owned up to it
  • edited May 2011
    I just joined  this site today.  I play at another site but it plays in USA dollars.  I have made a nice profit at the other site and joined here to see what it was like as this site pays in UK pounds.  However I only deposited £20.00 here to give it a try.  I wont be withdrawing my funds here.  The beats I have had have been so unreal.  I will play till my £20 is gone which I know it will happen with the strange going ons here.  As soon as my cash is gone I am off to my real poker site that lets the best hand hold and win.  This site is so bad.

NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS AT SKY POKER
  • edited May 2011
    I just joined  this site today.  I play at another site but it plays in USA dollars.  I have made a nice profit at the other site and joined here to see what it was like as this site pays in UK pounds.  However I only deposited £20.00 here to give it a try.  I wont be withdrawing my funds here.  The beats I have had have been so unreal.  I will play till my £20 is gone which I know it will happen with the strange going ons here.  As soon as my cash is gone I am off to my real poker site that lets the best hand hold and win.  This site is so bad. NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS AT SKY POKER
    Posted by Daniel87
    Plonka.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to What's wrong with this site?:
    I've played here for over 2 years and in the main I've enjoyed it. I've had upswings and downswings and that's to be expected. The community is great - probably the best.  Some months ago I sent a PM to Tikay saying that I felt something had changed and that it concerned me. What I was seeing at the tables just didn't seem to make sense. There were just too many long shots coming in. It seemed that the worse you played a hand the more the rewards were. I never got a reply to that PM. That's OK, I understand the man's position. I became interested in what was happening, or certainly appeared to be happening from my view. I had an awful run for a time and then it came good for a time. But good or bad I still felt uncomfortable with what I was seeing. Sometimes I was on the good side of the variance and sometimes I was on the bad side. There's been a lot of discussion in area51 regarding RNG's and the like and mostly it was both informative and interesting. Questions I felt should have been answered by the management were ignored, as they were by the AGCC and TST when I emailed them. I still see things that make me wonder if all is well at Sky Poker. There certainly appears to be a tendency to reward bad play, again from my view of things. I know that a lot of folk won't agree with me and I respect their view and I hope I have always reacted appropriately when I have disagreed with them. I still hold the view that something isn't quite right. Of course I have no proof that what I think is correct - I don't think it would be possible to prove anything even if I tried, and so I can only go with my instincts based on my time in this game and my experience, telling me it's wrong.  Over the last few weeks I have been unhappy playing on Sky. I won't bore you with why, it's my opinion and I hope you will respect that. Tonight I said to myself I'll have one last go and see what happens - it wasn't pretty. I will post my final hand on here with the villain's name removed as an example of what I seem to encounter all too often on here. I know that one hand is meaningless but for me it's just the last in a long line of ''coincidences'' that have spoiled for me, what was my poker home for the last 2 years.  I won't be playing on Sky although I most certainly will be playing elsewhere. Please don't regard this as an ''I'm off - see you tomorrow'' post. I've thought long and hard over this and I should play where I feel comfortable not where I am constantly suspicious of the outcomes. I will still be hanging around the fantastic people in area51 - you're the best on the site, no matter what the sensible people say, so I will still post from time to time and as I always say - be careful because I'm always watching always taking note. Anyway that hand - feel free to criticise. I knew he had hit on the river but to be honest I couldn't be bothered to fold it. I sharked the guy and he is a serious loser - in the thousands- and I know someone will say we want these players. The problem is on here they hit far too often and when like me you only play mtt's, you meet these drawing machines all the time, and when they keep hitting then your tournament is over. I prefer to have a slightly better run for my money elsewhere. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance xxxxxx Small blind   10.00 10.00 1970.00 BAD_BLEET Big blind   20.00 30.00 1980.00   Your hole cards 8 8       elsadog Raise   60.00 90.00 1940.00 TONY509 Fold         SAXX1 Call   60.00 150.00 2580.00 chelski007 Call   60.00 210.00 3320.00 xxxxx Call   50.00 260.00 1920.00 BAD_BLEET Call   40.00 300.00 1940.00 Flop     3 4 2       xxxxx Check         BAD_BLEET Check         elsadog Bet   300.00 600.00 1640.00 SAXX1 Fold         chelski007 Fold         xxxxx Call   300.00 900.00 1620.00 BAD_BLEET Fold         Turn     6       xxxxx Check         elsadog Bet   900.00 1800.00 740.00 xxxxx Call   900.00 2700.00 720.00 River     Q       xxxxx All-in   720.00 3420.00 0.00 elsadog Call   720.00 4140.00 20.00 xxxxxx Show Q 8       elsadog Show 8 8       xxxxxx Win Pair of Queens 4140.00   4140.00 Good luck at the tables - you will need it I think.
    Posted by elsadog
    i have always respected and agreed with a lot of things you have said in the past i would love to see a copy of the regs for live poker and slot machine regs you may know slot machines can be set a % win rate live poker must be random. does online poker relate to the live regs or slot??if its the case that its the slot regs then sky can legally have a mtt of 500 players(machines) set on a win rate to suit their needs. if you are on a 30% win and the NEW guy is on 80% he is happy  and you get a bad beat .i know doh and the like will call me a donk for these comments i don't really care im all for freedom of mind good or bad
  • edited May 2011

You don't need to to tell ya, you've just come to the conclusion yourself.

Read the post by AJS over the weekend.

He's played 1 million hands on sky at the highest stakes and has never suspected anything dubious with the rng. 
  • edited May 2011
    You don't need to to tell ya, you've just come to the conclusion yourself. Read the post by AJS over the weekend. He's played 1 million hands on sky at the highest stakes and has never suspected anything dubious with the rng. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    JJ where can I find AJS post?