You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's wrong with this site?

12346»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site?:
    all thge curruption was nothing to with online poker being rigged though, it was mainly about bank fraud and money laundering.
    Posted by SHARKY01
    Do you think I dont know this? lol.

This defence always makes me burst out laughing, really does.  Its ok poker players.  The mutli billion dollar industry leading internet poker site wasnt ripping you off.  It was ripping off and defrauding the American government.  It was making back alley deals with banks and conducting its business as deceitfully as possible.  But its ok, guys, they would never act dishonestly towards its direct clients......

We have a corprate entity that has shown its true colours.  But we are comfortable that the buck stops there? Without thinking about it even for a second?  We arent able to use our own reason to ascertain that we are dealing with incredibly corrupt practises whose moral/business ethics arent black and white.

But its ok, it was only massive fraud and money laundering.  They were saints on everthing else.  Well thanks for clearing it up for me, gives me a firm slice of peace of mind :p
  • edited September 2011
    The vids are just to show that it does happen live, and i think it is valid, and i have also had these things happen to me personally, but some people have never played live, so the vids will help to show that what happen online alsop happens live.
    And i don't apprieciate being accused of belittling or mocking peoples views, that is not what i am intending to do here, i am just trying toexplain that there is always two sides to every story.:))
  • edited September 2011
    you don't like losing an argument, do you,

lets just agree to disagree, time will tell.:))
  • edited September 2011
    The vids are just to show that it does happen live, and i think it is valid, and i have also had these things happen to me personally, but some people have never played live, so the vids will help to show that what happen online alsop happens live. And i don't apprieciate being accused of belittling or mocking peoples views, that is not what i am intending to do here, i am just trying toexplain that there is always two sides to every story.:))
    Posted by SHARKY01
    Was a generalisation bud.  But equally it was brought about by your comment:

If you played "live" and got beat, you put it down to bad luck, but if you lose online, it's the site somehow trying to scam you".

Which was never what I was saying.  If you look back to the origonal post that you replied to I was stating the variable nature of online poker, equally demonstrating the flip side that you mention.

Maybe I'm in an argumentitive mood today :p it happens.
  • edited September 2011
    you don't like losing an argument, do you, lets just agree to disagree, time will tell.:))
    Posted by SHARKY01
    Lol I guess I dont.  Thing is we were both advocating the same thing if you go back and look.

You're alright.  Will send you a friend request :)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site? : Lol I guess I dont.  Thing is we were both advocating the same thing if you go back and look. You're alright.  Will send you a friend request :)
    Posted by AMYBR
    lol, I'll read through and have look, sometimes i get carried away in an argument. :))
  • edited September 2011
    well i want action hands now!! played dtd me yest, and on my childrens life i played 9 1/2hrs and i never  got pocket 10s jjs qqs kks or aas preflop. did have a great time had to be disaplined but utterly card dead! i want action hands so im gonna play a few online mtts. god dam font size keeps messing up.
  • edited September 2011
    well i want action hands now!! played dtd me yest, and on my childrens life i played 9 1/2hrs and i never  got pocket 10s jjs qqs kks or aas preflop. did have a great time had to be disaplined but utterly card dead!  i want action hands so im gonna play a few online mtts. god dam  font size keeps messing up.
    Posted by pod1
      makes you think dont it lol
  • edited September 2011
    yeah, but i did get pockets 5s 6x, lol

• edited September 2011
    who cares stop crying get over it and move  on
  • edited September 2011
    welcome to area 51 kelly, you need to be a little more precise when directing those sorts of remarks as 90% of peoples posts in this section are"crying". great op by the way, gonna fit in just fine.
  • edited September 2011
    i agree with most of what you say pod 1, but i think you may be missing my point. the question i would like answered is is the game truly random as this is what sites are implying. if it is random then each hand is dealt from a pack of 52 without any idea what the next card will be, this is regulated in the live game. and transparent for all to see, but is it the same for online poker. if sky put it in the forum that it is then i will accept that as a fact. i have never said that online poker is rigged. i am happy with my results on sky. i don't win a lot i dont lose a lot. i just enjoy playing poker. i take my bad beats have a moan and carry on.i am just asking that the regulations be transparent for everyone to understand. allowing them to decide weather they want to spend their money in full knowledge of all the facts
    Posted by drumahai05

I've tried/am trying to avoid commenting on threads started by "area51 regs" recently, although it is hard at times.

All/most of my A51 posts now will be on threads started by, (and posts contributed by) new players entering A51.

But fwiw the above post is one of the most reasonable posts I've read from an A51er, and I see no reason why his requests cannot be met by sky.

I'm certain they can provide evidence to put your mind at rest about the validity of the RNG, and I can't see why they haven't done it already.

So, over to sky I guess, and we can all play happily ever after ........................

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site? : I've tried/am trying to avoid commenting on threads started by "area51 regs" recently, although it is hard at times. All/most of my A51 posts now will be on threads started by, (and posts contributed by) new players entering A51. But fwiw the above post is one of the most reasonable posts I've read from an A51er, and I see no reason why his requests cannot be met by sky. I'm certain they can provide evidence to put your mind at rest about the validity of the RNG, and I can't see why they haven't done it already. So, over to sky I guess, and we can all play happily ever after ........................
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    such a selective memory :p