You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's wrong with this site?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    overall i have had a decent profit on sky so im not gonna say the rng is rigged blah blah blah, but i do seem to have noticed that in some mtt's whenever im in a coin flip situation preflop with a high stakes cash player from the site, i rarely win the flip, this could just be bad run of luck, but it would make sense for them to reward the high stakes guys to generate more rake when they use there mtt winnings in cash games
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with this site?:
    overall i have had a decent profit on sky so im not gonna say the rng is rigged blah blah blah, but i do seem to have noticed that in some mtt's whenever im in a coin flip situation preflop with a high stakes cash player from the site, i rarely win the flip, this could just be bad run of luck, but it would make sense for them to reward the high stakes guys to generate more rake when they use there mtt winnings in cash games
    Posted by robyoung
    oh dear..........
  • edited August 2011
    Posted by robyoung
    Get the ''rewarding certain players'' outa your head! Sky poker does not have an inbuilt programme to reward or sc rew any particular players, however it does have an abnormally high level of suckouts, it wouldnt surprise me if it was the same 10k odd hands slushing about over and over again!
  • edited August 2011
    just reading your first post elsadog and i completely understand and think you put it perfectly. I have played on this site for years as others and allthough its very hard to prove and i think its made that way by these poker internet sites! what site would want it proved theres too much at stake and would be shut down and the fact that to prove it you have to see millions of hands is near impossible and whos going to do that!. The RNG in my opinion and what i see time and time again is just too suspicious not to be funny in some kind of way. Proving it! maybe someone will one day but if someone did prove it they would use it to win money off the site! I wouldnt say its fixed totaly but i do think there are set ups. Its that instinct you talk about ive played thousands and thousands of hands and get the same gut instinct with what i see patterns occur and i find myself playing in a differnt way with those patterns. I still play and put up with the wierdness i keep feeling about online poker and battle away with it and play within my bankroll which definately helps combat it. It could be player habbits or records of the type of hands you play or your buy in habbits. Who knows i hope im wrong but unless the cards are real and live i dont trust no one that makes tons of money look at the banks and the gov and the papers do you trust them? FT is a good example. Area 51 the real Area 51 that dosnt exist but it does. Everyone has there view on it and those who would believe its definately not fishy thats upto them, I still play online so im a sucker i suppose lol. I def dont think this site is any different or worse to any other online site maybe when we both get a massive massive win which we all strive for, our tunes will change but for now i still am not convinced everything is cosher. GL Elsadog
  • edited September 2011

When something happens that is very unusual or against the odds, it is a freak result. When it happens a few times, it is a coincidence. When it happens on a fairly frequent basis, it ceases to be a freak result or a coincidence. It becomes the norm and therefore it happens because of design rather than anthing else.
  • edited September 2011
    When something happens that is very unusual or against the odds, it is a freak result. When it happens a few times, it is a coincidence. When it happens on a fairly frequent basis, it ceases to be a freak result or a coincidence. It becomes the norm and therefore it happens because of design rather than anthing else.
    Posted by ProfPG
    Yeah I too was getting suspicious of Elsadog's winning ways  ;-)

• edited September 2011

It's hilarious reading this thread again. 4 months is a long time in poker.

• edited September 2011
    Everthing!!!

when i lose, nothing when i win.
  • edited September 2011

elsadogs first post in this thread was one of the first posts i made on this site, i just read it again and my view as not altered in the last two weeks i have been busted in the open 5 times with full houses im a tight player who loves to sit on the ladder, but to fall off with a  full house hurts. i carry on because i do win cash and i am part of a group of guys and girls who are the best. but i will still criticize the site rng until someone shows me the regulations for online poker.
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    It is getting worse by the day. It's honestly getting to the point where I'm picking up pocket A's and thinking "Oh no" or words to that effect. Today I even said in the chatbox " These wont hold up" before the KQ shover went on to hit his straight.

Thats 6 in a row for my AA.

Does this alleged variance mean I'll take down the pot the next 24 times?????????
  • edited September 2011
    It is getting worse by the day. It's honestly getting to the point where I'm picking up pocket A's and thinking "Oh no" or words to that effect. Today I even said in the chatbox " These wont hold up" before the KQ shover went on to hit his straight. Thats 6 in a row for my AA. Does this alleged variance mean I'll take down the pot the next 24 times?????????
    Posted by owtfornowt
    Over a large enough sample then the answer would potentially be yes.

I think people know which side of the fence I sit, but I will say that my ratio of big pairs holding up at showdown is super low live over last 6 months.

But as I manage my BR well live I dont hate it as much.  I think Doh will likely latch on to this, but If your managing your online BR well it shouldnt hurt so much.  Maybe thats the key to the online BB's, simple BR managment.  (Which I hugelymassivelyOMG'dly) lack
  • edited September 2011
    I appreciate your comments but its not so much the BRM thing ( which, incidentally could be a lot better). 

I mostly play MTTs. After sitting tight and picking moments you get kicked in the teeth from a bigger stack. A bigger stack that has been gleaned usually from gung ho nonsense play.

If you dont call an all-in from a loose cannon with aces, what do you call with?? When do you call?? Why are you playing??

Theres no coming back from it, BRM doesnt come into it, you're out.

Maybe its time to have a look around these other sites and use the incentives offered to find a one that suits. Any good'uns, anyone????
  • edited September 2011

i would suggest that who ever  has the brief to monitor these posts take note and report the discontent back to those that count. after all we are the bread and butter of the business, i know it my be company policy not to respond to criticism of the rng, or an explanation on how the regulations are operated. that is if there are regulations to the actual game. there must be at least guide lines what are they?. i accept sky follow them to the letter. but the discontent grows daily.my advice would be to be transparent. put all our minds at rest 90% of the site is second to none. unfortunately the rng lets it down badly
  • edited September 2011
    Myeh I wouldnt say you (we) are the bread and butter.  More the minority malcontents.

An argument can strongly be made rgat out of a pool of 3000 active players a small percentage are going to run perpetaully bad. 

Not all players post.  Perhaps we are that fringe percentage that just run bad, despite optimum (or sub optimal) play and vent about it.

Even a perfect RNG will produce this variable affect.  Bit drunk and rambling, but its a viable  devils advocate perspective,
  • edited September 2011
    It is getting worse by the day. It's honestly getting to the point where I'm picking up pocket A's and thinking "Oh no" or words to that effect. Today I even said in the chatbox " These wont hold up" before the KQ shover went on to hit his straight. Thats 6 in a row for my AA. Does this alleged variance mean I'll take down the pot the next 24 times?????????
    Posted by owtfornowt
    any chance you could post these so we can see what the others guys are calling with?
  • edited September 2011
    ok guys, i have been reading these posts for awhile now and drumahai, trust me this is nothing new. as you can see by the amount of posts i have made i have been playing on this site a while now, 3/4 yrs. i class myself an average run of the mill player who plays anything from £5 bh to the sky roller. i play cash from nl10 to nl50 and a few nl100 when drunk!. as you can see from my sharkscope in mtts i have played  nearly 800 games. the reason i say this is look at my graph and the way it goes up and down, i win sometimes a few cashs in a row , and i lose 20/30 in a row. it happens. in cash its the same story, i have had days where i have won10 bis a few times and i have had a mnth where i lost 30 bis , it happens. through all this turbulent journey have i questioned the rng yes! have i thought its set up for action hands , yes. but the facts are there in black and white 792 games roi of +15% and 425 in profit. is this good, not even close, like i say "average", but the point i am making in all those games over 1000s of hands and a few yrs the FACTS  i have in front of me say the rng is on the button!   phil
  • edited September 2011
    Here's one for now. As you can see its the first hand i've posted but you get the picture. I'll try and get sorted before I post any more. Cant see why it matters what their hole cards are. The point is I'm supposed to be > 1/3favourite aren't I??? In this instance 1/4.
    workin Small blind  200.00 200.00 312.50
    SPRING29 Big blind  400.00 600.00 5897.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

rezadenta Raise  800.00 1400.00 4317.50
    owtfornowt All-in  2005.00 3405.00 0.00
    brodis Call  2005.00 5410.00 2855.00
    MRBURNS4 Fold     
    workin Fold     
    SPRING29 Fold     
    rezadenta All-in  4317.50 9727.50 0.00
    brodis All-in  2855.00 12582.50 0.00
    rezadenta Unmatched bet  257.50 12325.00 257.50
    rezadenta Show

owtfornowt Show
    • A
    • A

brodis Show
    • K
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

rezadenta Win Straight to the 10 12325.00  12582.50
  • edited September 2011
    sorry for clogging this thread up but you asked.
    dylan12 Small blind  50.00 50.00 2642.50
    dannieslad Big blind  100.00 150.00 5455.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

owtfornowt Raise  200.00 350.00 6700.00
    bigal36903 Call  200.00 550.00 14612.50
    howdareu Fold     
    v666x Fold     
    dylan12 All-in  2642.50 3192.50 0.00
    dannieslad Fold     
    owtfornowt Call  2492.50 5685.00 4207.50
    bigal36903 Fold     
    dylan12 Show

owtfornowt Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• J

Turn

• K

River

dylan12 Win Three 5s 5685.00  5685.00
  • edited September 2011
    and your point is!, did you read my post, 1000s of hands, and it will even it self out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2011

I must say that i have been involved in similar hands as shown in this discussion and yes some are unreal (or at least seem to be) but, if you look on youtube you will also find these things happen in real world poker too.
    3, 4 or even 5 pocket pairs in the same handAA vs KK vs KK, AA vs KK vs QQ,AA vs QQ vs KK vs 77 vs 55, AA vs AA, AA vs AA vs KK, even quad aces that run into a royal flush, yes that 1:1.2 billion chance, WSOP 2008 ME(look on youtube and see for youself), 1 or 2 outers hitting, bad plays paying off, try and find Willie Thorne the snooker player playing poker, unbelievable luck, and you can tell on the other player faces at the table that it is getting to them, I can't remember what it was on, i saw it on tv some time ago, possibly channel four. I'll try and find it.
    but some of these hands listed on this discussion could have been folded or at least at minimum loss.
    I've done it myself where i was left thinking OMG, WTF was that,, but sometimes, if you look at at the hand histories ( preferably on a different day when you calmed down a bit and can look at it in a clear mind) you will see that you probably could have got away from it.

• edited September 2011
    The points are: a) DaveyZZ asked me to post hands. Didn't you read his post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          b) Are you speaking to anyone about your inflated opinion of yourself?                                             c) Try and stick omething under your exclamation mark key and jiggle it. Should come free.

• edited September 2011
    Pod1 is right though, it does even out... eventually, but if you let it get to you, it will seem like an eternity:P
  • edited September 2011
    a) i might be wrong ,but i think he wanted to see all 6 x you had your aces cracked  in a row !b) i think you might have missed the 2 places i said i was average at best(suppose you would have to read the whole thing and not be so caught up in self pity that you think it is the site) 3) the thing under my key is hanging just nice and in no way do i want it comming free!
  • edited September 2011
    Were quite unlucky them hands though, owtfornowt
  • edited September 2011

Aces are not indestructible though, as in my post above, the hand AA vs AA, you expect a split pot, but if i'm remembering right, one pair of aces hit a flush, and i'm pretty sure it's not the first or last time it will happen as long as poker is being played. :)

• edited September 2011
    Aye you're probably right about the self pity pod1, sorry mate, it gets you like that sometimes. Wish I'd said nowt
  • edited September 2011
    we all been there mate, trust me. without sounding like dohhh though (that ryhmes) spend more time working on your game. i hate reading, but im just starting a new book called"how to win the world series, or not". i would recommend posting as many hands in the clinic as you can and listen to advice. posting in here is a waste of time. hope it turns itself around for you   phil
  • edited September 2011
    Aye you're probably right about the self pity pod1, sorry mate, it gets you like that sometimes. Wish I'd said nowt
    Posted by owtfornowt
    Lol at play on words.

Takes integrity to concede on a matter like this, fair play bud.

Fwiw i'm batting 9/12 against in AA and KK winning at showdown alpf and aiof live.  But also at 7 handed table last night 6 were dealt pocket pairs, furthermore worst one mined it.

My longstanding views do still hold.  No-one says it doesnt happen live, frequency would be the point of concern mainly.
  • edited September 2011

i agree with most of what you say pod 1, but i think you may be missing my point. the question i would like answered is is the game truly random as this is what sites are implying. if it is random then each hand is dealt from a pack of 52 without any idea what the next card will be, this is regulated in the live game. and transparent for all to see, but is it the same for online poker. if sky put it in the forum that it is then i will accept that as a fact. i have never said that online poker is rigged. i am happy with my results on sky. i don't win a lot i dont lose a lot. i just enjoy playing poker. i take my bad beats have a moan and carry on.i am just asking that the regulations be transparent for everyone to understand. allowing them to decide weather they want to spend their money in full knowledge of all the facts