You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please.

edited September 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour

If you have any questions about the 2009/10 SPT (Sky Poker Tour) Post them in THIS thread, please. 

All questions will be answered, though sometimes it may take a day or two.

Fire away. 

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I prefer the name now :)

When are the stuctures going to be up? or do you know roughly what they will be already?

Is multi-accounting possible? lol ;)

• edited October 2009
    In Response to SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please.:
    If you have any questions about the 2009/10 SPT (Sky Poker Tour) Post them in THIS thread, please.  All questions will be answered, though sometimes it may take a day or two. Fire away. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cool
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please.:
    I prefer the name now :)When are the stuctures going to be up? or do you know roughly what they will be already? Is multi-accounting possible? lol ;)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    The Structures will go up in the next 24 hours. Essentially, they will be identical to last year.

In fact, we had a Telecon today - we've had them weekly, for ages now - & the SPT manager - see seperate Thread - asked me to send him the Structures, so they could be embodied in the various Press Releases. Typically, I've not done it yet.

I blame Rich Orford. Or Rich Prew.

I've got TWO Rich's to blame now. An embarrassment of Riches, almost.
  • edited October 2009
    I prefer the name now :) When are the stuctures going to be up? or do you know roughly what they will be already? Is multi-accounting possible? lol ;)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Lol to you, too!

You know my - & Sky Poker's - views on that. ;)

It is possible - briefly, until they get caught - but they will be shot. Quite right too.
  • edited October 2009
    will it  be possible to buy straight into the final again?
  • edited October 2009

Hi

Fantastic news hopefully i will win ticket 4 manchester,luton or swansea i take it its only sats into these torns?

• edited October 2009
    will it  be possible to buy straight into the final again?
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    I don't know yet, sorry.

Online Satellites will be available in plenty of time on SkyPoker.com so if the Seats all go via that route, the question will become academic.
  • edited October 2009
    If you have any questions about the 2009/10 SPT (Sky Poker Tour) Post them in THIS thread, please.  All questions will be answered, though sometimes it may take a day or two. Fire away. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Will some players still blame the Sky Poker software if they lose to a live bad beat?
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Fantastic news hopefully i will win ticket 4 manchester,luton or swansea i take it its only sats into these torns?
    Posted by razorkev
    Correct.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please. : Will some players blame the Sky Poker software if they lose to a live bad beat?
    Posted by THESWISS
    Without a shadow of doubt!

To be honest, in my experience - & I've probably played more Live Poker, for longer, than anyone on Sky Poker, I seem to see more, & worse, outdraws Live, than Online.

I saw a man holding Triips on the turn at The Empire last week, in the WSOP-E Final, only to see a 2 outer do him on the River. His name was Daniel Negranau, & he just smiled & shook the other guys hand, like a grown-up should.

That 2 outer cost him a WSOP Bracelet, & the difference between £500,000 & £800,000.

I saw scores of 2 outers yesterday, too, at DTD, including some eye-boggling, jaw-droppers.  

It's how poker works, as I say again & again, but when it happens Online......

;)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please. : Will some players still blame the Sky Poker software if they lose to a live bad beat?
    Posted by THESWISS
    Hi SWISS

yes, but some of us will blame Rich, or Rich :)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please. : Hi SWISS yes, but some of us will blame Rich, or Rich :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Yup, I blame Rich.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please. : Without a shadow of doubt! To be honest, in my experience - & I've probably played more Live Poker, for longer, than anyone on Sky Poker, I seem to see more, & worse, outdraws Live, than Online. I saw a man holding Triips on the turn at The Empire last week, in the WSOP-E Final, only to see a 2 outer do him on the River. His name was Daniel Negranau, & he just smiled & shook the other guys hand, like a grown-up should. That 2 outer cost him a WSOP Bracelet, & the difference between £500,000 & £800,000. I saw scores of 2 outers yesterday, too, at DTD, including some eye-boggling, jaw-droppers.   It's how poker works, as I say again & again, but when it happens Online...... ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well said. Yup Daniel had an absolute mare but he took it well.
  • edited October 2009
    Daniel is a class act.

/discussion.
  • edited October 2009
    Daniel is a class act. /discussion.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    No discussion need Dave. The guy is a gent on and off the table, thats why he's my favourate player.
    col
  • edited October 2009
    Fantastic news that its up and running, and that the 1st leg is not that long away either... !! If the mrs doesnt come with me then hopefully i can hotel share again with some1... Cant wait.. let the banter begin!!!!!!

P.S good to see Luton on the list, heard alot about it but not played there!!
  • edited October 2009
    Fantastic news that its up and running, and that the 1st leg is not that long away either... !! If the mrs doesnt come with me then hopefully i can hotel share again with some1... Cant wait.. let the banter begin!!!!!!  P.S good to see Luton on the list, heard alot about it but not played there!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Luton is a stunning Cardroom.

This year, now we have a Forum, the SPT weekends will be MUCH bigger & better, as foilks will arrange, via the Forum, to hook up on the Friday, play a little poker, go out on the town, da de da.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please. : Luton is a stunning Cardroom. This year, now we have a Forum, the SPT weekends will be MUCH bigger & better, as foilks will arrange, via the Forum, to hook up on the Friday, play a little poker, go out on the town, da de da.
    Posted by Tikay10
     Deffo, Exactly what iv been thinking... Thought i knew alot of the players before, but when i got to the event didn't reconise as many names as i expected. Had a great time with the people i knew though... But this yr i hope its FULL of forum users, the banter will be non stop!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi
    I'll ask the question before anyone else.
    Why has the buy-in been nearly doubled and the number of seats reduced to only top 3.
    As i see it the qualifiers will have to be 1 in 10 at £10 a time(i know there will be less expensive satellites).
    This was the same numbers for the WSOP qualifiers and the consensus was that Sky were a little disappointed with the take up on those.
    I do hope that wont be the case with the SPT, and i will be trying again.
    col
  • edited October 2009
    What were the structures last year?
  • edited October 2009
    What were the structures last year?
    Posted by dantb10
    5000 chips and 30 min clock
    col
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    I've just realised that the Luton date clashes with the birth of my child & the DTD date is on my wedding anniversary.
    I'm sure my wife will understand.....

• edited October 2009
    Hi I'll ask the question before anyone else. Why has the buy-in been nearly doubled and the number of seats reduced to only top 3. As i see it the qualifiers will have to be 1 in 10 at £10 a time(i know there will be less expensive satellites). This was the same numbers for the WSOP qualifiers and the consensus was that Sky were a little disappointed with the take up on those. I do hope that wont be the case with the SPT, and i will be trying again. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
     O i didnt see the seats were worth £100... Personally the increase in value doesnt bother me personally, BUT PLEASE MAKE IT 1 IN 5 SATELITES Like Col says 1 in 10 is very tough and the reason why many people didnt do the vegas satelite (although i can understand thta the veags should be 1 in 10) But the SPT is not about the best players on the site to play its the community, This is going to be in high demand and will be alot of good players, so for the less experienced to qualify through a 1 in 10 will be VERY hard, and may put a bit of a dampner on it..

P.S top 3 winnign a seat to grand final seems abit harsh as well :-( I thought the top 10 seemed to work well. It still leaves 150 seats to be won through satelites/buyins
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please. :  O i didnt see the seats were worth £100... Personally the increase in value doesnt bother me personally, BUT PLEASE MAKE IT 1 IN 5 SATELITES Like Col says 1 in 10 is very tough and the reason why many people didnt do the vegas satelite (although i can understand thta the veags should be 1 in 10) But the SPT is not about the best players on the site to play its the community, This is going to be in high demand and will be alot of good players, so for the less experienced to qualify through a 1 in 10 will be VERY hard, and may put a bit of a dampner on it..
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi Charles,
    I agree with every word you say m8, there has been a lot of unrest lately, on hear, so i see this as a way for Sky to win back the feelings of the players.
    Like you the price doesnt worry me but this has been waited for by everyone and we. the players who took part last year, have made such a song and dance about it, i really hope it goes well.
    col
  • edited October 2009
    Hi I'll ask the question before anyone else. Why has the buy-in been nearly doubled and the number of seats reduced to only top 3. As i see it the qualifiers will have to be 1 in 10 at £10 a time(i know there will be less expensive satellites). This was the same numbers for the WSOP qualifiers and the consensus was that Sky were a little disappointed with the take up on those. I do hope that wont be the case with the SPT, and i will be trying again. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi Col,

Ok, bear with me, this is a bit lengthy, but I'd like to answer it properly.

Why has the buy-in doubled from £50 to £100?

I don't know, but I could hazard a few guesses.

There is no reason that because it was £50 last year, that should set in stone forever. It's just their second Tour, they are fine-tuning it. I guess they thought it would double the Prize Pools - no bad thing! - & it "fitted" our Target Market better.

It brings a little financial/commercial gain to Sky Poker, of course, but in relative terms, not much. In straight financial terms, ignoring the value of increased brand-awareness & profile raising, the Tour costs a hefty 5 figure sum to run. The bulk of that is pure (financisl) loss, or, put another way, it's part of the Annual, budgeted, Sky Poker Promotional spend. Which has increased by a double digit % in the current financial year, over last year.

But they are spending that Budget different ways this year. Everyone wants a slice of that Budgeted Promotional spend - the SPT, those who argue constantly for more Freerolls (ever worked out how much they cost?!), the TV Channel, Tourney Guarantees, Monthly Promotions, cash for Points, some new things which will be announced soon, & a hundred other things.

It's a subjective decision, & they may be wrong, & you may be right. But ultimately, a doubling of Seat Values means a doubling of Prize Pools. Which are contributed by, & belong to, the players.

Why "only" 3 Grand Final Seats per Event are being awarded to each leg this year? (It was 10 last year).

Same answer as above, really, it's just trying to find ways to slice the "promotional spend cake" as fairly, & as effectively, as possible, I would guess.

It's added value in my book, which is something I have campaigned hard for in the poker industry for some years now. Yes, it's less than last year, but the Promotional spend-per-player across Sky Poker has increased considerably. It's hard to keep everyone happy, even so. But added value is added value, & I can't knock them foir that, whether it goes up or down.

A good, & fair, question, Col, & I hope you find the answer satisfactory.

We (the Players, & Sky Poker) won't always agree on all these things, but the intent is good, so thats cool.

How's the good loady? Make sure she qualifies, I need to chat with her!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please. :  O i didnt see the seats were worth £100... Personally the increase in value doesnt bother me personally, BUT PLEASE MAKE IT 1 IN 5 SATELITES Like Col says 1 in 10 is very tough and the reason why many people didnt do the vegas satelite (although i can understand thta the veags should be 1 in 10) But the SPT is not about the best players on the site to play its the community, This is going to be in high demand and will be alot of good players, so for the less experienced to qualify through a 1 in 10 will be VERY hard, and may put a bit of a dampner on it..  P.S top 3 winnign a seat to grand final seems abit harsh as well :-( I thought the top 10 seemed to work well. It still leaves 150 seats to be won through satelites/buyins
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes - 10 seats worked well - but cost a shed-load of money!

The Tour HAS to be financially sustsainable, & I'd rather they spent their money sensibly, than say "OK, we can't afford to give the guys everything, let's cancel the Tour".

1 in 5 SAtellites? - that's one for Sky Bernie, sorry, I can't answer that. But Bernie knows the score.
  • edited October 2009

I'm gonna go play the 7pm Deepie, the 7.30 Deepie, & the 9pm jobbie, so I won't be able to answer any more questions for a few hours, or even, possibly, until tomorrow.

Please keep the questions coming, but be patient.

Thanks.

PS - If it's possible, (this is to all players, generally, not Col) keep the questions to this Thread please, rather than grill me via the Poker Table Chat Box - I can answer better, & more folks see the replies, on here.  Thanks.

OK, I'm off to play some pokerrrrrrrrrr!
  • edited October 2009
    I'm gonna go play the 7pm Deepie, the 7.30 Deepie, & the 9pm jobbie, so I won't be able to answer any more questions for a few hours, or even, possibly, until tomorrow. Please keep the questions coming, but be patient. Thanks. PS - If it's possible, (this is to all players, generally, not Col) keep the questions to this Thread please, rather than grill me via the Poker Table Chat Box - I can answer better, & more folks see the replies, on here.  Thanks. OK, I'm off to play some pokerrrrrrrrrr!
    Posted by Tikay10
     Thanks for the quick responses as always Tikay :-) ... I will start a thread for a plea to Mr Bernie for 1 in 5 seats ...

Well done on your cash at DTD great to see you sat AT the tables not around it with a microphone!!! Goodluck tonight, hope your luck continues
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT 2009/10 - Post your Questions here, please. : Hi Col, Ok, bear with me, this is a bit lengthy, but I'd like to answer it properly. Why has the buy-in doubled from £50 to £100? I don't know, but I could hazard a few guesses. There is no reason that because it was £50 last year, that should set in stone forever. It's just their second Tour, they are fine-tuning it. I guess they thought it would double the Prize Pools - no bad thing! - & it "fitted" our Target Market better. It brings a little financial/commercial gain to Sky Poker, of course, but in relative terms, not much. In straight financial terms, ignoring the value of increased brand-awareness & profile raising, the Tour costs a hefty 5 figure sum to run. The bulk of that is pure (financisl) loss, or, put another way, it's part of the Annual, budgeted, Sky Poker Promotional spend. Which has increased by a double digit % in the current financial year, over last year. But they are spending that Budget different ways this year. Everyone wants a slice of that Budgeted Promotional spend - the SPT, those who argue constantly for more Freerolls (ever worked out how much they cost?!), the TV Channel, Tourney Guarantees, Monthly Promotions, cash for Points, some new things which will be announced soon, & a hundred other things. It's a subjective decision, & they may be wrong, & you may be right. But ultimately, a doubling of Seat Values means a doubling of Prize Pools. Which are contributed by, & belong to, the players. Why "only" 3 Grand Final Seats per Event are being awarded to each leg this year? (It was 10 last year). Same answer as above, really, it's just trying to find ways to slice the "promotional spend cake" as fairly, & as effectively, as possible, I would guess. It's added value in my book, which is something I have campaigned hard for in the poker industry for some years now. Yes, it's less than last year, but the Promotional spend-per-player across Sky Poker has increased considerably. It's hard to keep everyone happy, even so. But added value is added value, & I can't knock them foir that, whether it goes up or down. A good, & fair, question, Col, & I hope you find the answer satisfactory. We (the Players, & Sky Poker) won't always agree on all these things, but the intent is good, so thats cool. How's the good loady? Make sure she qualifies, I need to chat with her!
    Posted by Tikay10
    H Tony
    The good loady is laughing her head off at the mo. She wont to be able to make most of them, as she works most Saturdays, but i do hope she can get to one with me, as long as she doesnt kick my bum lol.
    Thanks for the detailed reply.
    col 
  • edited October 2009
    WOHOOOO I'm excited! not a question but so what ;)

Next up is the challenge of the Satellites - I say Bring it on! then book the hotel in Luton and hit a poker weekend!