You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UK Cash Game - Official Show Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: UK Cash Game - Official Show Discussion Thread:
    In Response to Re: UK Cash Game - Official Show Discussion Thread : Its hilarious as not doing a very good job of it :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    lol at you watching the show you made whilst in Vegas at the ME!
  • edited August 2011
    OUCH!!!!!

Housed up on the end

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOO

Reds

xx
  • edited August 2011
    Fwiw i always thought channing looked like the joker from batman
  • edited August 2011
    Fwiw i always thought channing looked like the joker from batman
    Posted by OMahonyO

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

BRILLIANT!!!!

Same fwiw..It's all in the smile!!!!

Though I did think I was the only one

xx
  • edited August 2011
    now i know why it`s on so late, we can all fall asleep to neil channing`s voice
  • edited August 2011
    Machka i'm a woman its called MULTI TASKING- Videos from Vegas, went a spoke to Kimpet, railed the guys in the Amazon room took some pictures for Tikay, watching UKCG and now for some reason i'm off to do the coffee run
  • edited August 2011
    Really enjoyed tonights. The game has moved up a notch as I expected it to.

Like Tommy said, when people get stuck they come out fighting.

Can't understand the few people who have said it's boring. Seeing so many hands you get a real feel of how everybody is playing unlike any other poker show.

The only gripe I had with tonight was the commentary seemed out of sync at times. We heard what players had done or what had been dealt before we saw it.

• edited August 2011
    Really enjoyed tonights. The game has moved up a notch as I expected it to. Like Tommy said, when people get stuck they come out fighting. Can't understand the few people who have said it's boring. Seeing so many hands you get a real feel of how everybody is playing unlike any other poker show. The only gripe I had with tonight was the commentary seemed out of sync at times. We heard what players had done or what had been dealt before we saw it.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    So glad you enjoyed the show tonight and as I keep saying it gets better every week.

Not sure about the commentary but will have a look into this. I know there was several issues when we were laying the footage off the edit and onto tape OR Orford and Tikay are psychic ha ha
  • edited August 2011

Enjoyed the show tonight even though I dont play cash.

One excellent thing I noticed with the shows......no ad breaks! Bliss.

I best catch up on the Vegas thread now and have another beer :)
  • edited August 2011
    Machka i'm a woman its called MULTI TASKING- Videos from Vegas, went a spoke to Kimpet, railed the guys in the Amazon room took some pictures for Tikay, watching UKCG and now for some reason i'm off to do the coffee run
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Tikay said he'd trained you well, I never believed him until now. hehe.
  • edited August 2011
    Enjoyed the show tonight even though I dont play cash. One excellent thing I noticed with the shows......no ad breaks! Bliss. I best catch up on the Vegas thread now and have another beer :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Glad you also liked the show tonight. I pondered over putting a 5 minute break into the middle of the show like an ad break but after watching other shows of similar style it really does kill it
  • edited August 2011
    For anyone that missed the show tonight here is a reminder of the repeats and when the next episodes will be aired:

Saturday 9th July:
    14:00- episode 3
    01:00- episode 3

Sunday 10th July:
    15:00- episode 1
    17:00- episode 2
    19:00- episode 3

Monday 11th July:
    20:30- episode 2
    22:30- episode 3
    03:30- episode 1

Tuesday 12th July:
    18:00- episode 2
    21:00- episode 3

Wednesday 13th July:
    13:00- episode 2

Thursday 14th July:
    00:00- episode 1
    02:00- episode 2
    04:00- episode 3

Friday 15th July:
    17:00- episode 1
    19:00- episode 2
    21:00- episode 3
    23:00- PREMIER of episode 4

Saturday 16th July:
    01:00- episode 4

Sunday 17th July:
    13:00- episode 1
    15:00- episode 2
    17:00- episode 3
    19:00- episode 4

Monday 18th July:
    20:30- episode 3
    22:30- episode 4

Tuesday 19th July:
    08:00- episode 1
    21:00- episode 4

Wednesday 20th July:
    08:00- episode 2
    13:00- episode 3

Thursday 21st July:
    08:00- episode 3
    00:00- episode 2
    02:00- episode 3
    04:00- episode 4

Friday 22nd July:
    08:00- episode 4
    15:00- episode 1
    17:00- episode 2
    19:00- episode 3
    21:00- episode 4
    23:00- PREMIER of episode 5

Saturday 23rd July:
    08:00- episode 5
    01:00- episode 5

Saturday 24th July:
    11:00- episode 1
    13:00- episode 2
    15:00- episode 3
    17:00- episode 4
    19:00- episode 5

Sunday 25th July:
    20:30- episode 4
    22:30- episode 5

Tuesday 26th July:
    12:00- episode 1
    14:00- episode 2
    16:00- episode 3
    18:00- episode 4
    21:00- episode 5

Wednesday 27th July:
    13:00- episode 4

Thursday 28th July:
    14:00- episode 3
    00:00- episode 3
    02:00- episode 4
    04:00- episode 5

Friday 29th July:
    13:00- episode 1
    15:00- episode 2
    17:00- episode 3
    19:00- episode 4
    21:00- episode 5
    23:00- PREMIER of episode 6

Saturday 30th July:
    17:00- episode 4
    01:00- episode 6

Sunday 31st July:
    09:00- episode 1
    11:00- episode 2
    13:00- episode 3
    15:00- episode 4
    17:00- episode 5
    19:00- episode 6
  • edited August 2011
    Please don't anyone ask what my thought process was with the 72!!!! I swear I thought it was 77....I'm a ROCK right????  Glad your all enjoying it, it wasn't much fun for me looking at the rubbish being dealt to me...
  • edited August 2011
    Please don't anyone ask what my thought process was with the 72!!!! I swear I thought it was 77....I'm a ROCK right????  Glad your all enjoying it, it wasn't much fun for me looking at the rubbish being dealt to me...
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Legend! 
  • edited August 2011
    Last nights was the best one yet . That amazing bluff and Red's All-in. Its easy to say when you can see the cards and not under pressure but I was almost yelling " call "at the screen. It smelt wrong ( the all-in that is ). Sometimes they spend too much time thinking and psyche themselves out of it.
     But the camera was more concentrated on the players faces which made it more intense than the first programme. Could have done without the the loud yawns and nose blowings tho' . I know its supposed to be unedited but.....!
  • edited August 2011
    Last nights was the best one yet . That amazing bluff and Red's All-in. Its easy to say when you can see the cards and not under pressure but I was almost yelling " call "at the screen. It smelt wrong ( the all-in that is ). Sometimes they spend too much time thinking and psyche themselves out of it.  But the camera was more concentrated on the players faces which made it more intense than the first programme. Could have done without the the loud yawns and nose blowings tho' . I know its supposed to be unedited but.....!
    Posted by tiercel
    Yup it was a great play.  Hard to call an all in when any ace has got there, extremely hard to call live when you start to imagine yourself calling, they flip over an ace and everyone else at the tables says 'well what did you think he had?'  Then factor in it's on the TV.

Where are we now in real time?  (End of the first day filming, start of the second day etc?)
  • edited August 2011
    I'd say towards the end of last nights show it was getting towards the end of the first days play.

Rich and Tikay both mentioned players making looser plays towards the end of the days play. Also Jamie mentioned about having to get back to the studio for 10am.

• edited August 2011

I love Neil Channing and want to have his babies!

Any chance he will be on one of the live shows again?

Pretty please.

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: UK Cash Game - Official Show Discussion Thread : Yup it was a great play.  Hard to call an all in when any ace has got there, extremely hard to call live when you start to imagine yourself calling, they flip over an ace and everyone else at the tables says 'well what did you think he had?'  Then factor in it's on the TV. Where are we now in real time?  (End of the first day filming, start of the second day etc?)
    Posted by TommyD
    Episode 3 was the end of the first day of filming. If you think it was 2 days filming totalling 6 episodes. So episode 4 should roughly start at the start of day 2, so they are a little more freshed faced, well until Ian joins the table :)
  • edited August 2011
    I love Neil Channing and want to have his babies! Any chance he will be on one of the live shows again? Pretty please.
    Posted by Darntootin
    Would love to have him back on the channel. We are out in Vegas at the moment and if I bump into him I will ask
  • edited August 2011

Hey guys, just seen ep2 on sky+ and can i just say this is turning into a quality show...

after i watched ep1 i found it slow and boring, but ep2 was really enjoyable and exciting, loved the guys going all in, and some amazing play (reds with the 34 bluff on Burland with the 3spades on the flop)

cant wait to watch ep3 now.

Ps. UL for Gliterbabe felt he knew Thewy had the aces, but couldn't find the fold button and also Jackson with the 10's....

cant wait for him to join Team 51 :D
  • edited August 2011
    Any chance ud consider starting running a comp for entrance to the live cash game??
  • edited August 2011
    Any chance ud consider starting running a comp for entrance to the live cash game??
    Posted by peacock10
    I'm very conflicted when it comes to this.

On the plus side it would be great for a micro/low/medium stakes player to qualify to play this game.  It would be great for them personally to be on a freeroll against players they would have watched for some time.  It would also be great for the view to get behind the player as an every-man or every-woman.

However, you're really mixing tourney play with cash here and I don't know if that really works.  If you look at the loose cannons in another site's cash game show, the model there is that they get one buy in and keep the profit.  They suddenly get a tournament life as they only have one bullet.  On the show I mentioned several pros really hammer the loose cannon both with their play and verbally (I think Viffer made a grown man cry in one show) and in my opinion there is an air of total disrespect from most of the pros towards the qualifier.

It might mix the game up and set a few sparks going if there is perceived value/scared money at the table but as I said before, I'm quite conflicted as to whether it would be a really good thing or a really bad thing.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm personally agaisnt the idea for those exact same reasons Tommy.

If you're going to have people qualifying to play on the tv table then why not run a tournament where the top six finishers get to battle it out on a televised show.

Or maybe run some kind of S'nG tournament that would make for good tv.

• edited August 2011
    Posted by peacock10

would that be a Comp playing Cash Tables??
  • edited August 2011
    Just a reminder that episode 4 is on tonight at 11pm on channel 865 or you can watch through the live stream.... hope you enjoy it
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    Just a reminder that episode 4 is on tonight at 11pm on channel 865 or you can watch through the live stream.... hope you enjoy it
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    beat you to it, knew you`d be busy lazing by the pool

see coffee time (uk cash)
  • edited August 2011
    90 minutes until Episode 4!!

It's the start of day 2 so everyone should be refreshed and have more of a feel for each other.  Two people are still yet to appear (Carlo and Ian) and the hinted conversation regarding dealer tipping between Carlo and Neil may (and I just say may as I don't know) happen tonight.  I think there will be at least one new player (probably Carlo).  How will they take to this session in progress?

I've got a feeling Reds will take off tonight.  He's been slightly on the tight side (for him) up till now and may look to take everyone on head on.

I'll be ITT for real time chit chat, should be a good one :)
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah looking forward to it, should be good.