You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited September 2014
    a few cashes from yesterday
    £200 rebuy 2nd £60
    £400 Bounty Hunter 2nd £72 and £28.60 in bounties
    £200 GTD 5th £19.60
    10k BH 43rd £32.25 and £11.25 in bounties

• edited September 2014
    ''Ive chosen Tuesday to do this as we play Forum DTD on Mondays, so Tusday I will be able give it more attention. Plus I hate Turbo Tuesdays :) Now theres a game I do need a better strategy with :)''

Interestingly The Tuesday Turbo is one of the mains I have most success in (even won it once upon a time) Sunday night is also good for me(if I can sattelite in- not confident enough to buy straight in, don't want to play with scared money).

My guess is I can gradually build in those two, using almost DYM strategy in the opening levels, although the blinds build quicker on TT patience is still rewarded, caveat being that on Tuesdays we are relatively short stacked and that is very expoitable with a tight table image (no one wants to get in a potential stack off with a percieved tight player who suddenly starts slamming the chips down......well most times ;-)).
  • edited September 2014
    a couple of BHs

£400BH 3/34
    GELDY03£51 + £26.72 Head Prizes3
    £750BH 3/45
    GELDY03£67.50 + £16.88 Head Prizes2
    I only make a few tweaks to my game when playing BHs. Maybe that's why I often cash without taking many heads. But it is important to understand how others may be varying their strategy.

Nice initiative Trev, looking forward to it if I have the time.
  • edited September 2014
    Very kind of you TREV.....have a GREAT weekend, it'll take you til Tuesday to recover anyway !!

Looking forward to your help and watching you play, in the meantime I'll keep trying to last more than an hour. At least I normally get into the Bounty Hunters thru the satellites which I dont seem to have a problem with (touching all available WOOD), so it doesnt cost me too much.

NICE cashes GELDY, and Grace continuing a GREAT RUN......WELL DONE

GOOD LUCK to everyone jousting at the tables tonight, and as always......

........MAY the CASH be with you ALL
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    ''Ive chosen Tuesday to do this as we play Forum DTD on Mondays, so Tusday I will be able give it more attention. Plus I hate Turbo Tuesdays :) Now theres a game I do need a better strategy with :)'' Interestingly The Tuesday Turbo is one of the mains I have most success in (even won it once upon a time) Sunday night is also good for me(if I can sattelite in- not confident enough to buy straight in, don't want to play with scared money). My guess is I can gradually build in those two, using almost DYM strategy in the opening levels, although the blinds build quicker on TT patience is still rewarded, caveat being that on Tuesdays we are relatively short stacked and that is very expoitable with a tight table image (no one wants to get in a potential stack off with a percieved tight player who suddenly starts slamming the chips down......well most times ;-)).
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Turbo is all about getting your chips in first and using fold equity in the later stages. Bounty hunter too many people go crazy over bounties but you should not do that. Take advantage of these light callers, you can jam much deeper than normal. Even in the five pounders you can jam AA 100bb deep and still manage to get a call. Once you go deep in a bounty hunter the bounties will come. Too many people go in with the mindset of 'if i take 3 bounties i will end up freerolling'. Thats a big IF.
  • edited September 2014
    WD on your cashes guys.Gl with this trev and i'll be keeping up with your progress.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited September 2014
    Hi all,

Sorry I have not been posting much of late. I haven't even been playing, I had a couple of games last Friday and that's about it. I have bought a PS4 and this has taken up the vast majority of my spare time.

Back on the tables tonight though, albeit verrrry rusty!

Gl all
  • edited September 2014
    Well lasted all of 15mins in tonight's Main Bounty Hunter. I led after the 1st hand but then a short while later had a real COOLER of a hand, with Q8 on the button, flop comes 9,10,J, ...HAPPY DAYS or so I thought. Ran into K,Q after I'd got it All-in. 

So rather than try again in the Mini, thought I'd enter Matt2's MEGA which was going steadily for an hour and a half, then a bit of yoyo-ing. Finally got a big hand with Aces. Flop comes QQQ. Now I know theres only 1 hand can beat me and surely nobody has a Q, so eventually got it All-in and......."Time 4 Bed said Zebedee". 

OH WELL.....what does the Captain say...."Take the beats and move on", and at least I know I'm one step nearer another win.

Hope you all had a more successful night than me.
  • edited September 2014
    Not really Misty, this variance thingy, sky speak of, still eludes me :(

DYM 4 left, blinds 100/200, utg with +7BB, got QQ,
    small blind been playing aggro in any position,
    so I decide to open shove expecting a call by SB with any2,
    sure enough he calls, shows 77, happy days (i must be mad),
    flop 5/8/10, Oooohhhhhhhh dear, here we go again,
    turn is a 6, now he's got more outs than I can count, (must grow more fingers),
    (drum roll and usual pause in dealing) and the river is a 4, who'd have guessed.

Where else can you go from zero to hero in the space of five streets, LOL.

"One step nearer a win" Only problem is I'm on a long walk.
  • edited September 2014
    main starts well ends bad
    mini starts well ends bad
    mega stack starts well ends well

BH are very loose so i need to think much more carefully depending on who i'm up against as there are lots more Calling stat, fish and passive type that we get in deeps.

tournament report you guessed it is a win first place in ther mega
    craigcu1211700001£163.51
    johnfrum02£99.74
    al8503£61.42
  • edited September 2014
    VWP Irishrose and K8LOU
    taking down £3kBH and £8kBH ME

Nice1 Craig, soz was railing Rose and K8
  • edited September 2014
    Hi all

Really sorry I missed the orfy tonight - mother in law round :(

However - I bought into 5 all in sats for the 9pm BH game as she usually goes home around 9.15pm.  I only went and won entry via the first one, £24.50 for coming 2nd in the next one, and then £55 cash for winning a 3rd one!!

That was my night already paid for so now I was playing purely for fun.  She didn't go home til nearly 9.45pm so missed the first hour and was blinded down to approx 3200 chips by the time I got to play.

What can I say?  Great rail from the team - especially JJ, Red King, K8 (who was busy winning the MAIN!!, doubleAAA, Matt237, Misty and others).  I acutally managed to win it!!  First time in ages

IrishRose 356000 1 £634.12 + £408.84 Head Prizes 6

Thanks again all - you're all fantastic!!!   Hope to see a few of you on tables tomorrow night.

Run golden all - absolutley golden xxx
  • edited September 2014
    Ty for the awesome rail as always tpters! 
  • edited September 2014
    also a big well done to rose on shipping the 55 also! wp
  • edited September 2014
    WOW......WHAT A NIGHT !!!!!!!!!

FANTASTIC WINS..... K8LOU, CRAIG and of course my ROSEEEEEeeeeeeee.

As I was about to go to bed I thought I'd have a quick look to see if any TPTers were still playing, and what a time to join in the fun on the rail watching K8LOU Take the Main DOWNnnn. 
    I hadnt realised Roseeee and Craig were doing so well too, so sorry I wasnt on your chatboxes, but at least I spoke to you Roseeee and managed to sprinkle the 'Misty Magic' just in time LOL.

Very, Very WELL DONE to you all.

My little Tips for today's Horse Racing......

Es Que Love ...........Haydock 3.50pm  @20/1  Each Way
    and Extortionist........Haydock 3.50pm  @16/1  Each Way

They're running against my favourite Flat horse (SOLE POWER) but I think they will be better suited to the 6furlong race,
    and for a real flier try them in a little Reverse Forecast for them to finish 1st and 2nd any order coz it pays around 300/1

GOOD LUCK to everyone playing tonight........ I'm going out to the Pub/Restaurant where my daughter works coz there's a band on who play all 80's music......giving my age away but just LOVE IT !!!!

So keep up the GOOD WORK and as always.........

.......May the CASH be with you ALL

• edited September 2014
    wd rose and craig great results  todays nag lol free wheeling 33 to 1 ew 155 ascot in the bigrace at haydock 350 I like Gordon lord Byron at 5 to 1 gl all see you next week taking a few days off
  • edited September 2014
    brill cashes wd guys cheers for the tips on the nags gl at the tables guys
  • edited September 2014
    what an evening to have had an early night :-(

congrats craig, K8lou & Rooossssseeeee

only played 1 mtt with some hilo dyms

£100 PLO Omaha 3/20
    GELDY03£20
  • edited September 2014
    Great night, 

I had a bit of a night off only played the Orford and £300 freeroll and unusually I actually cashed for the princely sum of: 

fiers55276200001£78dragon196402£45dax3303£27.30cyraxis04£21.90banana1005£18.60BeesHoney06£15.30mckean0407£12ericc199608£9HENDRIK6209£6
    But forget that, very well played everyone, brilliant WINS and cashes....sorry I was tucked up in bed or I would have been on the rail.........brilliant!!!
  • edited September 2014
    Very well done Craig K8 and Rose, great results. I did briefly drop by K8's table said Hi but no response from him or rail so I logged off and missed all the fun :(
  • edited September 2014
    Can't believe 2 of the horses I half-fancied have gone and won Sorry Keith I'll have to give you 5 or 6 next time for you to take your pick. I haven't had a penny on them either

CAPTAIN CAT owned by my ex-boss at Seasons Holidays....won @ 15/8, a horse I told my DAD to follow 2years ago and NAUTILUS......won @ 10/1 (Grrrrrrrrrrr)

at least I've qualified for £15K Roller Early semi...(Sorry Craig) and then coz there was only 2 entries I had another go in the next qualifier too and....

MISTY4ME80001Entry to £15k Early Semi. + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £24, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.

HAPPY DAYS.......   (:D}
  • edited September 2014
    Apologies all for the lateness of this post,

I played the DTD on Monday for the 1st time in quite a few months, and was fortunate enough to come 3rd, which was a surprise, as I have not been able to play a lot of poker recently due to business commitments.

So many thanks to those who railed me, especially Trev and JJ, who had the old matchsticks in the eyes railing me on the final table.
  • edited September 2014
    £300 FR

B1enjii

£45
  • edited September 2014
    What a great performance from the team last night, especially well done to K8LOU and Rose, brilliant stuff.  Had a decent evening myself, although pales in comparison.  Managed to take down one of the Roller semi's for £110 cash equivalent and cashed the main for around £100.  Went out calling two all ins with AKs which would have left me chip lead with 20 odd left - probably a daft call, but looking for he win rather than a bit of laddering.

Tonight's gone pretty well also.

3rd in the 10.30pm speed bh for £193

winnersl04126520 £275.41 Head Prizes11£116.78jonnyrkd25480 £51.57 Head Prizes2£42.18mattprawn03£142.50 + £51.56 Head Prizes2 31st in the main for a bit of cash (thanks to Geldy for the rail)

mattprawn031£33.75 + £25.31 Head Prizes2
    and a small cash in the mini (c£10).

Gl all.   Looking forward to the roller tomorrow, although there is a big event at the Grosvenor in Leeds which I'm tempted by...

Best

Matt
  • edited September 2014
    why oh why does the super roller have to be £110 buy in.

i didn't get a win in any but the deep stacks were my best MTTs of the night, deep stacks are great, relaxing and best of all they have the closest manner of play to the cash tables.

i played a lot of sats, the thing about them is they go at such a fast speed that i'll have very little time to get a stack, also the villians themselves are far too loose for bluffs to be done.

when playing bounty hunters i'm thinking it will be far better to just keep the pot small as people do play very loose, also the pot will not be very large so if by the river they did miss what they were chasing i mightstand much better chance of steeling.
    jakx85027£5.12 + £14.76 Head Prizes6 
    craigcu12028£5.12 + £9.40 Head Prizes5 
    ACA029£5.120
  • edited September 2014
    No apologies for posting this from the other night but our team cash  posts are slipping and we need a boost to the total :)

K8LOU6220001st/311£1212.90 + £380.36 Head Prizes11
  • edited September 2014
    THIS WEEKS MTT TOTAL  £5601.02

GRAND TOTAL              £113440.77

2013  £161766.23

• edited September 2014
    Some real great cashes all.Espically rose and k8lou.Nice to see you again bhoys and wd in DTD.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited September 2014
    Wow - I go away for a couple of days and TPTers are cashing for fun :)

Well done guys, especially Rose & K8 taking down the3K & 8K bounty tournies.

Some great cashes all - well played.
  • edited September 2014
    i didn't get anything from main or mini but i did have 2 cashes to report from today.

i strarted of with a very early £150BH and got myself a 6th place in that
    gogsw05£9.07 + £5.33 Head Prizes4 
    craigcu1206£7.61 + £7.09 Head Prizes5 
    baileycake07£6.43 + £4.21 Head Prizes
    one deep event i did get my way in was the £200 deepy and came 1st so won £88
    craigcu122400001£88.80
    windamon02£52.80
    Tony33303£36
    Curt360x2704£26.40
    Hanks9805£19.20
    heidialex806£16.80