You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Nice Cashes Wheels, Nuggy, Matt & Sid.

• edited February 2016
    Well played all. Great cashes. As some of you know am having a mare in the real life so poker has to take a back seat for a bit. Hope to be back railing properly in the next few weeks after I've gone to war. Yes Angel has got a dark side and it's not a very pretty one I'm afraid.  So for those who always say I'm too nice maybe I am bit never cross me. I hope you all run golden and maybe able to do a bit of railing later depending on how stuff goes. If I can't I leave loads of angel dust and angel hugs for running good. 

Run golden all x
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Thank you GELDY for your warm welcome. Adding to MISTY's comments I agree with him as time and again I have raised at least 3xBB only to be called with trash hands but the one that really peed me off was last nite. I was cl with hole cards of AQs so raised 5xBB got called flopped AJx raised the pot was called turn 8 and at this point there was no back door flushes to be had and I thought no straights either. The other guy min raised so i shoved he followed with the few chips he had left so he showed Q9os then came the ONLY card he cud have won with which was a 10 giving him an unbelieveable straight!!!!!!!! As MISTY said that can happen due to variance but for it to keep happening as often as it does is unrealistic to say the least and is no wonder that good players are leaving. One of the other players at the table then made a comment and laughed because I had lost 85% of my chips to such a hand as that which I felt was uncalled for and totally unacceptable on these tables but a few hands later I had the last laugh as i knocked him out of the tourney which I eventually won. Anyway enough of my moaning and let me say well done to all with your cashes no matter how much they may be. Good luck at the tables and run golden all the time 
    Posted by SidV79
    Hi Sid.
    Nice to see you eventualy won this tourney.

You mention "good players leaving" however, I do have to be a bit defensive here, because if they were, the example you have given above would go against the grain, Its the complete opposite. It's exactly the type of play & player that would make good players stay. They would be rubbeing their hands to be up against players like this every day of the week.

Yes they get lucky sometimes, but in the long run, this type of players is our bread & butter. We have to just shrug this type of hand because we know eventually this type of play will be his loss & our gain.

It sounds like the player was pretty pot commited after the Turn card so probably just gives up & ships the rest in which is what we want in the long run.

I don't get over excited with top pair nowadays and prefer to be looking for a better spot to comit 85% of my stack, but against this type of player we are probably ahead a lot of the time so it's probably a safe bet, just a little unluck in the end.

Anyways, best of luck at the tables m8y - keep them cashes coming.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Thank you GELDY for your warm welcome. Adding to MISTY's comments I agree with him as time and again I have raised at least 3xBB only to be called with trash hands but the one that really peed me off was last nite. I was cl with hole cards of AQs so raised 5xBB got called flopped AJx raised the pot was called turn 8 and at this point there was no back door flushes to be had and I thought no straights either. The other guy min raised so i shoved he followed with the few chips he had left so he showed Q9os then came the ONLY card he cud have won with which was a 10 giving him an unbelieveable straight!!!!!!!! As MISTY said that can happen due to variance but for it to keep happening as often as it does is unrealistic to say the least and is no wonder that good players are leaving. One of the other players at the table then made a comment and laughed because I had lost 85% of my chips to such a hand as that which I felt was uncalled for and totally unacceptable on these tables but a few hands later I had the last laugh as i knocked him out of the tourney which I eventually won. Anyway enough of my moaning and let me say well done to all with your cashes no matter how much they may be. Good luck at the tables and run golden all the time 
    Posted by SidV79
    Sid, I played a hand like this like a fool - opened q10, continued q10 on dry flop j high, called a funny bet on turn with my q high and riverbed a gut shot to take player out vs there top pair. Variance goes both ways bud. Never become a player who thinks the site sets it up. They do not, never have never will.

Remember, 6 max is higher variance game as is a more fast and furious pace, can't just sit back. See our captain, he loves AA, honest :) 
    Run well

• edited February 2016
    nice posts trev & nuggy

in winning the MBI the other night i needed some luck
    I went allin calling a shove with 3 of us left
    JJ vs AA same suits so no help there
    flop KQJ i hit my set
    turn T he makes a straight
    river Q to give me the house

and later hu i shoved pre, was called by a dominating hand, but with 4 hearts on board i rivered a flush.

if it can happen then at some stage it will happen, and you'll get lucky as often as they will.

Meanwhile played two more.
    Main i went out QJ<Q8 big overbet all in on the flop gets called and he hits his gutshot. will i be leaving because of that - oh no, i'll be back for more (even though in theory i've retired)

£1,000 single rebuy 4/58
    GELDY04£110

• edited February 2016
    Nice cashes and binks Geldy, MattyP, Wheels, Nuggy and my PUNK mate SidV......well done ALL of you.

Just one other of my not so memorable recent hands and on my Birthday too lol............ I was in 2nd or 3rd place in UKPC Quarter-Final with 10 players left.... 8 seats and £42 ish for 9th.....so pretty much got a seat wrapped up unless something catastrophic happened....... and this just proves GELDY's theory that you can throw AAces away....... (though should the other player have called with a shorter stack putting his tourney life at risk when he pretty much had a seat wrapped up too ?)

Razazelo Small blind  400.00 400.00 9615.00 HANSON Big blind  800.00 1200.00 7805.00  Your hole cards A A    MISTY4ME All-in  10550.00 11750.00 0.00 lundie Fold     chilling Fold     Razazelo All-in  9615.00 21365.00 0.00 HANSON Fold     MISTY4ME Unmatched bet  535.00 20830.00 535.00 Razazelo Show J J    MISTY4ME Show A A    Flop  4 3 2    Turn  J    River  K    Razazelo Win Three Jacks 20830.00
  • edited February 2016
    Great cashes wheels nuggy matt and geldy.Little one in 5 a day freeroll thingy.
    jjjach0257£5
  • edited February 2016

mumsie 350000 1 £119.22 + £47.55 Head Prizes 8

mumsie 0 3 £34.93 + £17.99 Head Prizes 7
  • edited February 2016
        mumsie 350000 1 £119.22 + £47.55 Head Prizes 8 mumsie 0 3 £34.93 + £17.99 Head Prizes 7
    Posted by mumsie
    Nice cashes vwp.

Little one me.....2.5K Mini Roller
    POKERTREV 0 12 £40.00
  • edited February 2016
    Nice cashes and binks Geldy, MattyP, Wheels, Nuggy and my PUNK mate SidV......well done ALL of you. Just one other of my not so memorable recent hands and on my Birthday too lol............ I was in 2nd or 3rd place in UKPC Quarter-Final with 10 players left.... 8 seats and £42 ish for 9th.....so pretty much got a seat wrapped up unless something catastrophic happened....... and this just proves GELDY's theory that you can throw AAces away....... (though should the other player have called with a shorter stack putting his tourney life at risk when he pretty much had a seat wrapped up too ?) Razazelo Small blind   400.00 400.00 9615.00 HANSON Big blind   800.00 1200.00 7805.00   Your hole cards A A       MISTY4ME All-in   10550.00 11750.00 0.00 lundie Fold         chilling Fold         Razazelo All-in   9615.00 21365.00 0.00 HANSON Fold         MISTY4ME Unmatched bet   535.00 20830.00 535.00 Razazelo Show J J       MISTY4ME Show A A       Flop     4 3 2       Turn     J       River     K       Razazelo Win Three Jacks 20830.00
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Misty mate,I've sympathy for you if no one else has.It starts with a v and ends  with an e.I can't bring myself to type the word no more.Anways water under the bridge.Go to notts and CRUSH AND BINK glglglglgl at DTD.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Misty mate,I've sympathy for you if no one else has.It starts with a v and ends  with an e.I can't bring myself to type the word no more.Anways water under the bridge.Go to notts and CRUSH AND BINK glglglglgl at DTD.
    Posted by chilling
    Cheers Chill mate ......I know deep down how lucky I've been, espacially considering all my friends who aren't there yet .......hopefully it will happen for you ALL this week coz its such a great experience, and it would be sooooooo good to meet you all. GOOD LUCK this week and may all your AAces be winning ones

• edited February 2016
    Small Cash From DTD 1 

Andy_Horns03£35.40
  • edited February 2016
    small cash of dtd 2 last night
    KEITH1960014£2.33
  • edited February 2016
    Cashes from last night....

DTD 3
    POKERTREV 07 £11.12

UKPC Semi (Bubble Boy
    POKERTREV 06 £96.00
    Best of luck all
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Sid, I played a hand like this like a fool - opened q10, continued q10 on dry flop j high, called a funny bet on turn with my q high and riverbed a gut shot to take player out vs there top pair. Variance goes both ways bud. Never become a player who thinks the site sets it up. They do not, never have never will. Remember, 6 max is higher variance game as is a more fast and furious pace, can't just sit back. See our captain, he loves AA, honest :)  Run well
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Thanks for all your comments and all of your support. After reading them all I agree that in the long run the better players will usually come out on top but as those hands have proved it does work both ways. Well done to ALL who cashed and long may it continue. Still not got my head round how to post my hands on here but I have had either 3 or 4 cashes since I last posted one the latest being £52 for qualying the semi again. That is also the largest of them. Anyways good luck at the tables and run golden always
  • edited February 2016
    how about this for a bet (ew lucky 15)
    sorry but wanted to show MISTY this bet 
  • edited February 2016

second time today and cant believe i finished 3rd. Good luck at the tables all and run golden always
  • edited February 2016
    how about this for a bet (ew lucky 15) sorry but wanted to show MISTY this bet 
    Posted by SidV79
    will be very interesting.....especially now that FAUGHEEN is out of the Champion Hurdle. I was looking at doing a similar thing the other day with NICHOLS CANYON .......but didnt do it and now missed the boat, though they are talking about running ANNIE POWER in Champion Hurdle. I hope they do coz odds on NC and ID THIEF will get bigger, and I think they will both beat her.

Good Luck tonight at the tables everyone and as always.........

may the CASH and SEATS be with us ALL.

p.s. Hows about this for another bingo player getting LUCKY........

sorry forgot to add it.........

MISTY4ME Small blind  10.00 10.00 2070.00 Chilbury Big blind  20.00 30.00 1940.00  Your hole cards K 8    tictoc108 Call  20.00 50.00 1980.00 jojomckew Call  20.00 70.00 1940.00 MISTY4ME Call  10.00 80.00 2060.00 Chilbury Raise  20.00 100.00 1920.00 tictoc108 Call  20.00 120.00 1960.00 jojomckew Raise  1000.00 1120.00 940.00 MISTY4ME Fold     Chilbury All-in  1920.00 3040.00 0.00 tictoc108 Fold     jojomckew All-in  940.00 3980.00 0.00 Chilbury Show A A    jojomckew Show 6 8    Flop  7 2 9    Turn  10    River  4    jojomckew Win Straight to the 10 3980.00

he did go out a few hands later.....so 'usually' if you wait for the right opportunity
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Thanks for all your comments and all of your support. After reading them all I agree that in the long run the better players will usually come out on top but as those hands have proved it does work both ways. Well done to ALL who cashed and long may it continue. Still not got my head round how to post my hands on here but I have had either 3 or 4 cashes since I last posted one the latest being £52 for qualying the semi again. That is also the largest of them. Anyways good luck at the tables and run golden always
    Posted by SidV79

I got 3 bet shoved on last night. I grudgingly called with my AQS he has 82o and win

• edited February 2016
    17/2/19,45  £100 deep stack 100 players
    WHEELS7161013£2.05
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Misty m8, if the irish ever boycotted Cheltenham, you'd have nothing to back.
    Posted by chilling
    Irish boycott Cheltenham??....... think they've more right to be there than we have lol

.........and could you imagine Cheltenham with out the Irish there??  ..........YAWN !!!!!!!

Hope you all liked the hand above......forgot to add it earlier
  • edited February 2016
    Another small cash but they all count lol
  • edited February 2016
    Another small cash but they all count lol
    Posted by SidV79
    That will test Angel's eyes .......... 
    .........though I'm sure she has a magnifying glass !!!!!!

I'll try an explain how you put cashes and hands on here Sid, if I've gone wrong can someone help.......
    FOR CASHES....... 
    1. using either your mouse or lappy cursor you just highlight the name and cash or position you've finished in the Tournament lobby and press Ctrl and C together (for Copy)
    2. then go to the Community tab and open a new post and press Ctrl and V together to paste what you've highlighted. Have a little practice Sid coz it is quite easy.

FOR HANDS..........it is best to have the hand ID coz it saves time trawling thru pages of hands you've played.........To post hands you need to 
    1. open up Internet Explorer (seems to be the only browser you can post hands from properly), and open up www.skypoker.com and sign in as usual
    2. you need to open up the My Sky Poker tab (next to Community on the menu) and then go to Hand History where you'll get a menu
    3. if its from a tourney choose the hour or day the hand is from and Tournaments and scheduled and if you have the hand ID enter that there, this should give you the hand details and it should show the hands as you see them posted in our forum.
    4. Using your mouse or lappy cursor highlight by holding your finger on button, from the top left of the hand right down to the bottom right. 
    5. Once its all highlighted press Ctrl and C together to copy and then Close Window
    6. Go to the Community page and open up a new post (or edit an older post if you're adding it at a later date)
    7. Press Ctrl and V together (to Copy) and the hand should show up ....usually minus the coloured bits(suits) but they appear after.

Hope this works for you, but as with most things.... a bit of practice and trial and error and you should get the hang of it.

GOOD LUCK  to everyone today....and as ALWAYS....

.....may the CASH (and SEATS) be with us ALL

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : That will test Angel's eyes ..........  .........though I'm sure she has a magnifying glass !!!!!! I'll try an explain how you put cashes and hands on here Sid, if I've gone wrong can someone help....... FOR CASHES.......  1. using either your mouse or lappy cursor you just highlight the name and cash or position you've finished in the Tournament lobby and press Ctrl and C together (for Copy) 2. then go to the Community tab and open a new post and press Ctrl and V together to paste what you've highlighted. Have a little practice Sid coz it is quite easy. FOR HANDS..........it is best to have the hand ID coz it saves time trawling thru pages of hands you've played.........To post hands you need to  1. open up Internet Explorer (seems to be the only browser you can post hands from properly), and open up www.skypoker.com and sign in as usual 2. you need to open up the My Sky Poker tab (next to Community on the menu) and then go to Hand History where you'll get a menu 3. if its from a tourney choose the hour or day the hand is from and Tournaments and scheduled and if you have the hand ID enter that there, this should give you the hand details and it should show the hands as you see them posted in our forum. 4. Using your mouse or lappy cursor highlight by holding your finger on button, from the top left of the hand right down to the bottom right.  5. Once its all highlighted press Ctrl and C together to copy and then Close Window 6. Go to the Community page and open up a new post (or edit an older post if you're adding it at a later date) 7. Press Ctrl and V together (to Copy) and the hand should show up ....usually minus the coloured bits(suits) but they appear after. Hope this works for you, but as with most things.... a bit of practice and trial and error and you should get the hang of it. GOOD LUCK  to everyone today....and as ALWAYS.... .....may the CASH (and SEATS) be with us ALL
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Thanx MISTY i shall have a try at that and see how I go on and hopefully I won't end up with such small pics lol. Btw I agree about Annie Power and that is only good for all the rest of the runners. Good luck at the tables everyone and run golden all the time
  • edited February 2016
    Best of Luck at the tables all.....

especially all those looking to qualify for UKPC this final weekend.

It's not looking like I am going to make this one, but who knows, miracles happen

• edited February 2016
    Hi all
    2nd in the Orfy
    dazmarsh284200001£71.82TREMAYNE02£46.12 Good luck on the tables
  • edited February 2016
    20/2/16 16,20 deep stack 64 players
    WHEELS71613200001£38.40ginger6502£25.601-DAY03£15.36TyrionL04£12.80garry383805£10.24Jimberry06£8.32toonultra07£7.04Brightie2208£5.76lozanlew09£4.48
  • edited February 2016
    Hows this for a bad beat, short stack says I would like money goes AI on bubble I call with AA he has 105 suited hit his flush if they held would of been in UKPC semi couple of hands later I was out won £31.20 for my troubles.
  • edited February 2016
    Hi all
    Small cash in the cheepstack

Jimmy8Acer500429.64  
    hathechewe89570.36  
    madirish8903£12.39
    TREMAYNE04£9.97
  • edited February 2016
    been a while but i cashed in the mini yay well done johnny 11th place £15.72 4hp £13 .01 made up with this as there were well over 650 runners yes jj your right im back lol gl all tonight