You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I aint seen it and looks interesting, just watched the first 5 mins but I gotta go somewhere now, will deffo come back to watch the rest.

You play alot of HU simon?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    I aint seen it and looks interesting, just watched the first 5 mins but I gotta go somewhere now, will deffo come back to watch the rest. You play alot of HU simon?
    Posted by Lambert180
    No mostly playing cash atm. I keep meaning to play more, but i ran pretty terribly in my first attempts at HU hypers - (either that or i played terribly )
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Dohhhhh(sorry for any mis-spelling of your name)

OMG, read your last few posts and you'v had a hell of run lately, haven't you. ou do seem to play a lot. Woul cutting down the tables help in any way. Just wanted to say chin up and GL really. Cheers
  • edited May 2012
    hope your luck changes dohhh never nice to see a bad run and as the saying kinda..goes 'what goes down must come up', things can only get better not worse. GL buddy :)
  • edited September 2012

103 days since I updated this! wow. I didn't realise it was that long. 

Welcome back! 

I'd mentally given up on this diary, for one reason or another. The main reason, was I didn't update it often enough to make it worthwhile, I would only post after certain sessions, normally winning ones.

The other reason, is I've barely played on sky poker for the last 3 months, in July, I didn't even make the 500 points required to get a fiver rakeback.

However, half way through August I made the decision to go back to my most profitable discipline in poker, which is playing the low level cash tables on Sky.

I wasn't expecting that much tbh, I'd heard (mainly via players comments on twitter) that the games had got alot tougher and boring to play in due to the improved rakeback system on sky.

Anyway it wasn't too bad at all, the first few sessions were a grind, with what first appeared to be some really bad/dull regulars. But as I played more, some of the better regs have started to adapt to my aggressive game, and now everytime I sit down there's some really interesting/aggressive meta-game going on with 3/4 multi tabling regs.

So theres stacks flying everywhere, the sessions have been really swingy and alot of fun!

Long may it continue.......

If I'm honest, I'm losing most of the reg battles at the moment, but totally destroying the fish. (maybe there's something in that, hmmmmm)

I'm working hard to try and get on top of the regs too, but they're pretty good (or at least, better than me).

I'm up around 20 buy ins after 8/9 sessions, but reckon that could/should be nearer to 30+. If I can cut out the spew, or at least pick my spew spots better, I think there's more to come!

---------------------

Anyway, 1st of September, and the 1st full month since going back to cash seemed like a good time to start this up again.

It might not last long, we'll see. But it's a Saturday, new month, I'm NOT hungover, & there's an all day session ahead, so I'm optimistic and excited to get this going again. 

(tomorrow when I feel like I'm dying and I'm 5 buy ins down, maybe I wont be so keen)

No targets or any of that nonsense. They never work for me, I start every session with about 500 quid in my account and play 6/7 tables.

I withdraw to the nearest 100 before each session so I can keep track.

(Last session was so crazy, I started with 400, playing 6 tables of nl30, and clicked top up on 1 table, but had no funds, even though I was actually up for the night at the time) Huge stacks ftw!

Hope I can get some followers back, and you enjoy reading about the experiences of a cash game lagtard spewmonster!

---------------

New feature, will be DOH's sports tip of the day, which today, is.....

Swansea to beat Sunderland @ 11/10!

Have a run good Saturday all!

• edited September 2012
    103 days since I updated this! wow. I didn't realise it was that long.  Welcome back!  I'd mentally given up on this diary, for one reason or another. The main reason, was I didn't update it often enough to make it worthwhile, I would only post after certain sessions, normally winning ones. The other reason, is I've barely played on sky poker for the last 3 months, in July, I didn't even make the 500 points required to get a fiver rakeback. However, half way through August I made the decision to go back to my most profitable discipline in poker, which is playing the low level cash tables on Sky. I wasn't expecting that much tbh, I'd heard (mainly via players comments on twitter) that the games had got alot tougher and boring to play in due to the improved rakeback system on sky. Anyway it wasn't too bad at all, the first few sessions were a grind, with what first appeared to be some really bad/dull regulars. But as I played more, some of the better regs have started to adapt to my aggressive game, and now everytime I sit down there's some really interesting/aggressive meta-game going on with 3/4 multi tabling regs. So theres stacks flying everywhere, the sessions have been really swingy and alot of fun! Long may it continue....... If I'm honest, I'm losing most of the reg battles at the moment, but totally destroying the fish. (maybe there's something in that, hmmmmm) I'm working hard to try and get on top of the regs too, but they're pretty good (or at least, better than me). I'm up around 20 buy ins after 8/9 sessions, but reckon that could/should be nearer to 30+. If I can cut out the spew, or at least pick my spew spots better, I think there's more to come! --------------------- Anyway, 1st of September, and the 1st full month since going back to cash seemed like a good time to start this up again. It might not last long, we'll see. But it's a Saturday, new month, I'm NOT  hungover, & there's an all day session ahead, so I'm optimistic and excited to get this going again.  (tomorrow when I feel like I'm dying and I'm 5 buy ins down, maybe I wont be so keen) No targets or any of that nonsense. They never work for me, I start every session with about 500 quid in my account and play 6/7 tables. I withdraw to the nearest 100 before each session so I can keep track. (Last session was so crazy, I started with 400, playing 6 tables of nl30, and clicked top up on 1 table, but had no funds, even though I was actually up for the night at the time) Huge stacks ftw! Hope I can get some followers back, and you enjoy reading about the experiences of a cash game lagtard spewmonster! --------------- New feature, will be DOH's sports tip of the day , which today, is..... Swansea to beat Sunderland @ 11/10! Have a run good Saturday all!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Welcome back! Look forward to reading more spewville stuff. lots of hands please, and no football tips cos u always lose! :)
  • edited September 2012
    Nice one to see you writing in here again JJ. And wow, judging the the hands you've posted in the clinic I'm impressed to see you're 20BIs up so far. Are the cash for points at 30NL worth you caring about or do you not put the volume in for it to matter?
  • edited September 2012
    ' If I'm honest, I'm losing most of the reg battles at the moment, but totally destroying the fish. (maybe there's something in that, hmmmmm)'

LOL. definitely. 
  • edited September 2012
    Yay, I'm very happy to see this one back, it's always a great read.

Good luck!
  • edited September 2012
    Nice one to see you writing in here again JJ. And wow, judging the the hands you've posted in the clinic I'm impressed to see you're 20BIs up so far. Are the cash for points at 30NL worth you caring about or do you not put the volume in for it to matter?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ha yea Paul I don't tend to post hands like this....
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sighcall Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £30.26
    xxx Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £29.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £28.25
    AJ_Rockets Fold     
    basty2010 Fold     
    andybeth Call  £0.90 £2.25 £39.61
    sighcall Fold     
    xxx Call  £0.60 £2.85 £28.90
    Flop

• J

xxx Bet  £4.50 £7.35 £24.40
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.50 £11.85 £23.75
    andybeth Fold     
    Turn

xxx All-in  £24.40 £36.25 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £23.75 £60.00 £0.00
    xxx Unmatched bet  £0.65 £59.35 £0.65
    xxxShow

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • A

River

DOHHHHHHH Win Two Pairs, Aces and 9s £57.55  £57.55

This.....
    super_nova Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £30.51
    xxx Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £33.22
      Your hole cards

skimmercfc Fold     
    tatohead Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £32.93
    Scrivener Call  £1.20 £2.85 £27.75
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.20 £4.05 £42.16
    super_nova Fold     
    xxxCall  £0.90 £4.95 £32.32
    Flop

• J
    • K

xxx Bet  £2.48 £7.43 £29.84
    tatohead Fold     
    Scrivener Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.48 £9.91 £39.68
    Turn

• Q

xxxBet  £4.96 £14.87 £24.88
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.96 £19.83 £34.72
    River

xxx Bet  £9.92 £29.75 £14.96
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £34.72 £64.47 £0.00
    xxxAll-in  £14.96 £79.43 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £9.84 £69.59 £9.84
    xxxShow
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show

DOHHHHHHH Win Three 3s £67.79  £77.63

and this, in the clinic! :P (plentyoffish.com. OH....)
    oneluv1979 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £48.47
    xxx Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £32.89
      Your hole cards

skimmercfc Raise  £0.60 £1.05 £65.25
    OSPREY812 Fold     
    HOLMESY554 Call  £0.60 £1.65 £4.70
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.60 £2.25 £60.84
    oneluv1979 Fold     
    xxxCall  £0.30 £2.55 £32.59
    Flop

• J

xxx Bet  £3.00 £5.55 £29.59
    skimmercfc Fold     
    HOLMESY554 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £7.80 £13.35 £53.04
    xxxRaise  £22.95 £36.30 £6.64
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £36.30 £72.60 £16.74
    xxx All-in  £6.64 £79.24 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £11.51 £67.73 £28.25
    xxx Show
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show

Turn

• J

River

DOHHHHHHH Win Flush to the Jack £65.93  £94.18
    re. rakeback....

It's something I've never ever paid any attention to. I'd prefer it if it didn't even exist, I make maybe 60 quid tops, 2 buy ins. If rakeback didn't exist I'd make at least 2 buy ins more per month due to the higher fish/reg ratio at the tables.

Having said that I made 3.2k in about 2 weeks of playing 30nl last month.

If I keep that volume up all September I'll make 6k+ which will be my highest ever.

-------------

Thanx Gary, appreciate the comments :) Always easier to update if you know people are reading!

• edited September 2012
    +1  good to see this diary back! Now we just need Evilpenguin back! ;-))
  • edited September 2012
    So good he thought he'd post it twice lol.
  • edited September 2012
    So good he thought he'd post it twice lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    IE said my connection had dropped and it hadn't posted! so wrote it all out again.

1 of those days already? I hope not. plz noooooo.

ty Pad! :) wb to the thread!
  • edited September 2012
    welcome back doh I`ve saw you a few times recently at tables you were doing well keep it up

gl at the tables

• edited September 2012
    103 days since I updated this! wow. I didn't realise it was that long.  Welcome back!  I'd mentally given up on this diary, for one reason or another. The main reason, was I didn't update it often enough to make it worthwhile, I would only post after certain sessions, normally winning ones. The other reason, is I've barely played on sky poker for the last 3 months, in July, I didn't even make the 500 points required to get a fiver rakeback. However, half way through August I made the decision to go back to my most profitable discipline in poker, which is playing the low level cash tables on Sky. I wasn't expecting that much tbh, I'd heard (mainly via players comments on twitter) that the games had g

Alright m8 - Was just wondering - Is this at 15p/30p? as i know you used to crush it - Or have u been playing lower than that _ Ive noticed at 5p/10p and occasionly at 10p/20p the games are full of regs and the standard still going up

MP
  • edited September 2012

Hey MP. 

Yea it's the old faithful nl30!

As I almost always play after 9pm in to the early hours, I often have to load up some other games when nl30 tables start to break. 

Depending on how it's going, It's either nl20 or nl40.

Weird that if it's going well, it's nl20. If I'm stuck, it's nl40.

So weird how thats my natural reaction. It's like the pressures off if I'm up and I can just chill at nl20 for an hour or so. If I'm down, I wanna get even at least, so I go to nl40!

So wrong, but just the way my mind works! :s

I always sit at new tables too, Scotty is right when he says they always fill up really quickly, and they're normally full of weaker players, as the regs are too busy focussing on the 6/7/8 tables they have going to scout the lobby for softer games.

Also very happy to play HU, so like it when the tables get short handed or it takes a while for a 3rd person to join. (maybe that explains why I made points faster as I played quite alot of HU on 6max, earlybird ftw)

btw, does the earlybird thing work on all tables? If 6max breaks, and I'm playing HU will it count? Or does it have to be a new table?

• edited September 2012
    Hey MP.  Yea it's the old faithful nl30! As I almost always play after 9pm in to the early hours, I often have to load up some other games when nl30 tables start to break.  Depending on how it's going, It's either nl20 or nl40. Weird that if it's going well, it's nl20. If I'm stuck, it's nl40. So weird how thats my natural reaction. It's like the pressures off if I'm up and I can just chill at nl20 for an hour or so. If I'm down, I wanna get even at least, so I go to nl40! So wrong, but just the way my mind works! :s I always sit at new tables too, Scotty is right when he says they always fill up really quickly, and they're normally full of weaker players, as the regs are too busy focussing on the 6/7/8 tables they have going to scout the lobby for softer games. Also very happy to play HU, so like it when the tables get short handed or it takes a while for a 3rd person to join. (maybe that explains why I made points faster as I played quite alot of HU on 6max, earlybird ftw) btw, does the earlybird thing work on all tables? If 6max breaks, and I'm playing HU will it count? Or does it have to be a new table?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

It still counts... if there are 3 or less players playing its a c4p boost. dont matter if you were there first or if ur there last...
  • edited September 2012
    Nice to see my all time favourite diary back In action.
  • edited September 2012
    Nice to see my all time favourite diary back In action.
    Posted by TiaDalma
    Thanx Tia, I can't remember you posting on here before, so I hope that's genuine :) 

Pretty good start to september, played a £3.80 sat to a £33 comp, and a £3 mtt, with £40 ftw.

Won them both! (took the dosh in the sat, obv. #nit)

More of the same plz.
    SkyPoker6821084 NL Hold'em £3 + £0.31/27
    £37.2
    HNLSAT0.3GBPSkyPoker682153501/09/2012 16:05NL Hold'em www.sharkscope.com/images/icons/tournamentflags/tournamentflag_SAT.png" alt="" title="Satellite : Prize is an entry into another tournament." />£3.3 + £0.31/20
    £29.4

Hmmmm dno what happened there ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    DOHHHHHHH395701£1,000 Guaranteed
    jackojones204302£1,000 Guaranteed
    DOHHHHHHH540001£40.50
    rob1234502£24.30
    murphy0603£16.20
  • edited September 2012
    Must be nice... you gonna be the next IDCU ;)
  • edited September 2012
    Lol. Yes It's def genuine. Love reading It
  • edited September 2012

Apologies to the wallies that followed my NAP of the day! 

I guess I under-estimated the Martin O'Neil factor. Seriously good motivator of men that guy!

Bad result for Donny too, although hardly surprising.

Fancy a City thrashing of QPR and maybe a Tevez hat-trick in the late game if you've got any money left! ;)
  • edited September 2012
    hi dohhhhhhhh hi dohhhhhh its off to work we go, with a bucket and spade and a good hand made
    hi dohhhhh hi dohhhh hi dohhhhhhh dohh dohh :)
  • edited September 2012
    ****hand to follow*****

Biddie Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £19.31
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £28.98
      Your hole cards

argo Raise  £0.60 £1.05 £42.68
    elbows7 Fold     
    buddyman31 Call  £0.60 £1.65 £36.16
    Biddie Call  £0.45 £2.10 £18.86
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.30 £2.40 £28.68
    Flop

Biddie Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    argo Check     
    buddyman31 Bet  £0.30 £2.70 £35.86
    Biddie Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.40 £5.10 £26.28
    argo Call  £2.40 £7.50 £40.28
    buddyman31 Call  £2.10 £9.60 £33.76
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    argo Check     
    buddyman31 Check     
    River

DOHHHHHHH All-in  £26.28 £35.88 £0.00
    argo Call  £26.28 £62.16 £14.00
    buddyman31 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Show

argo Show
    • J
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Win Straight Flush to the 10 £60.36  £60.36
    argo> get f ucked sky 
    buddyman31> NICE
    argo> what a joke 
    argo> pure set up
    buddyman31> that was tnking like :(
    buddyman31> DOHHHHH YOU FAT BASTURD

lol. IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT ALRIGHT!

.....Has he got avatars on, or does he know me? ;)

<3

• edited September 2012
    LOL. Wish I was watching it
  • edited September 2012
    ****hand to follow***** but.... argo /> get f ucked sky  buddyman31> NICE argo> what a joke  argo> pure set up buddyman31> that was tnking like :( buddyman31> DOHHHHH YOU FAT BASTURD lol. IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT ALRIGHT! .....Has he got avatars on, or does he know me? ;)<3
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited September 2012
    lol live video feed ftw got a love the weekends
  • edited September 2012

Just 6 tabled for 3 hours.

I had stacks of £90 at some point on 3 of the 6.

I've come off, +20 quid. lol. Totally disgusted.

Super_nova is killing me! 

Anyway, onwards to some forum cash for an hour hopefully, then back to face the music!
  • edited September 2012
    great to see the diary back up and running m8
    good luck
  • edited September 2012