You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited November 2012
    oooooops, sorry. It was ofc a mistake, didn't mean to :( apologies xxx if you're reading.

edited now.

+1 profman, I would love lambert to write a post about his thought process throughout the hand ;)

Thanx for the comments, v much appreiciated :)
  • edited November 2012
    Flop comes 467 with 2 hearts. 

He cbets, ofc. And I call 55.

Why
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    I've decided I'm gonna run insanely good this year, and win some big tournaments somewhere. Starting today. Of course, with the 2.20 @ 2.20 ;)Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Slow start.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Bigstack22 Small blind  100.00 100.00 8882.50
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  200.00 300.00 9527.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

Sus Raise  1000.00 1300.00 9925.00
    giddy Fold     
    Mylena Fold     
    Bigstack22 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  9527.50 10827.50 0.00
    Sus Call  8727.50 19555.00 1197.50
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • K

Sus Show
    • Q
    • J

Flop

• J

Turn

River

Sus Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 2s 19555.00  20752.50
    Bean, I called because I have a pair, he doesn't have to have a pair. And a draw if he does have a pair!

Not gonna get much money if I hit the draw obv but it helps.

Not just gonna pure setmine in 3b pots v a loose guy?

I can also spin the 5s into a bluff, this is my favourite past-time if a heart comes and he goes all shy.
  • edited November 2012
    Are you allowed to raise the flop?

Why does he ALWAYS CBET?

How does he like AA for 175bb on this flop?

Just because he doesn't have a pair, does AK have outs to your hand?

Not gonna get much money if you hit what draw? cos we're bluffing hearties right? ldo we don't want to get paid on hearties, and we are relatively more likely to get paid on straight cards.
  • edited November 2012
    fwiw I like your call on the river (except for the fact you have 5 high). given that you're so bad you cant read your hand it's pretty lol, but it makes sense to call that river with for example a medium pair which hasn't been counterfeited etc. as your opponent is most likely just mindlessly clicking buttons.
  • edited November 2012
    I can sum up my play in that hand really easily in 1 word.... dreadful.

I also don't know wtf I was thinking so don't ask lol.

Cheers for the comments about me... I think.
  • edited November 2012
    I can sum up my play in that hand really easily in 1 word.... dreadful. I also don't know wtf I was thinking so don't ask lol. Cheers for the comments about me... I think.
    Posted by Lambert180

I didn't read the whole post just saw the hh. 

on the river you should be expecing to be called with any pair and ace high otherwise you should just c/f.
  • edited November 2012

Quick update from yesterday as prob gonna be off-line tonight and most of tomorrow.

Was a decent day overall.

Frustrating afternoon and early evening I just seemed to keep losing big flips. Like grinding away for a couple of hours and then 'the' big hand to put me in contention to go deep went against me.

Skys £9.60 sats, I must have failed in my last 25-30 attempts at those, including 4 pure bubbles.

Gonna keep the faith with them though, despite another 3 failed attempts yesterday. They're 1 in 12 I think, so runs of 30 without a win are prob quite common, I dunno.

Left it till the evening speeds to finally get a cash on the board, 2nd in the first £3r 100 gtd for about £35, then went on to take down the final comp of the night (again) to save the day and finish +£75ish on sky.
    DOHHHHHHH1410001£94
    cliv02£58.75
    torryboy03£35.25
    matrixman04£25.85
    Slabsie05£21.15
    janster3406
    Nice to finally take down the velocity freezeout, cashed it 4 of my last 5 attempts without getting to HU, getting coolered and/or out drawn at the crucial stages.

Last night, ran insanely good after going into the FT short, and everything went my way.

Couple of other minor cashes here and elsewhere but nowt to shout about.

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +3.5 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 575

Might play some tournys tomorrow from 4pm onwards, see if I can win something with a prize above £100 1 time!

• edited November 2012
    Wiii skipped 10 pages, just realised you have the longest diary ever! more then Lambo... ;)

Fred needs new title as im sure you gave up sit n gos ages ago, altho again way too late

Oh yeah why are some of your posts far toooo long, obv skipped those zzzz
  • edited November 2012
    Wiii skipped 10 pages, just realised you have the longest diary ever! more then Lambo... ;) Fred needs new title as im sure you gave up sit n gos ages ago, altho again way too late Oh yeah why are some of your posts far toooo long, obv skipped those zzzz
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    just look @ the pictures if thaz struggling w/the words son!

Think there's a couple longer fwiw. 

Update from yesterday....

Couldn't really get anything going in the afternoon had family coming and going so couldn't enter any mtts. Finally got chance to play from about 7, played 3 speed comps, came 2nd in 1 of them then decided I couldn't be bothered.

jan44jan1005001£31
    DOHHHHHHH02£18.60
    Blue0503£12.40
    ks4mp04

Should have written the day off altogether instead of trying to play around other stuff. Then I could play today instead. nvm, back tomorrow. 

Was messing about on skope the other day, thought I'd post my mtt graph since I started posting on here again on September 1st. 

Almost looks like a good players MTT graph should look :)

Ofc it doesn't show rebuys or addons, and altho I very rarely rebuy in the speed comps, I always take the add on, so I spose it's $100-150 better than it should be. 

Overall skope graph....

Would be nice to get this to +$20k somehow by the end of the year. 

Will probably have to win every single speed comp I play to get close though :( Tiny payouts ftl :(

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +4 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 587

• edited November 2012
    Being  a bit tom today and a bit nosy I scoped you from sept, roi is above 50% very impressive. Basically you made a bag of sand in 2.5 months but that volume was miniscule jj, you could have got treble the return easily. 

Im sure playing some small mtts on stars as well as sky will allow you to get the returns your game deserves. I could give you 5 a day that are less than $5 that if you bink your br would get a massive boost.  Now tell me $3 dont give you the shakes !
  • edited November 2012

Tues report!

Not alot to report! :(

Decided to give the stars daytime mtts ago, as advised above ^

Only had a few dollars on there, so shipped $40 over from FTP and just registered up randomly between 1pm-3pm, 7-8 tournys total between $1-11.

Gotta admit I found it really difficult multi tabling mtts, I was always readless. I downloaded pokertracker to try and help with just very basic stats, but I had problems with it, apparently as soon as the pot was more than 6xbb, the potsize became invalid so it couldn't record the hand. ffs.

TECHNOLOGY !!! :@ :@ :@

Anyway the inevitable happened and I bust most of the mtts, some early, some mid-stages, and was left 2 tabling deep in the money in a $2r, 8k gtd, and a $3 6max fo, $4k gtd.

Now I could make the tables bigger, and focus properly on hands it got alot easier. My table in the 6max was purrrrrrfect, so many bad players chipped up, and the structure plays so deep too.

Ofc I totally ballsed it up, peeling pre v a massive russian fish, w/88.

He check/calls J63, and I check back A turn. He bombs the blank river.

I ask him if he will show if I fold.

He says no.

I asked, because previously someone had asked him to show, and he agreed, and showed pocket aces.

hmmmmmm

Just so curious, had to be AK or nothing!

CALL!! C'mon!!!!!

Pocket jacks :(

What a terrible call. Why did I do that. How do fish always own me?

Perfect table, deepstacked, position on a terrible player, and I do that.

Had some left but couldn't get going again, I'd 'gone'. Finished about 25th/1,250.

The $2r wasn't so bad on my part, more standard exit just losing flips and stuff. Again, 20th/1,500.

Those 2 were the only cashes, which gave me about $20 profit on my total outlay. Couple of close calls though, everyone knows where the money is in MTTs and I was pretty close to 'gettin it'.

-----------

Over to sky, and my 2 in 25 satellite misery continues.

It wasn't a pure bubble this time, but a very close call, and quite an unpleasent ending!!!!
    WALLA750001£4,000 B/Hunter
    bar400402£4,000 B/Hunter
    subsnw03 
    DOHHHHHHH04
    WALLA Small blind  600.00 600.00 12800.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 9111.25
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

subsnw Fold     
    bar4004 Fold     
    WALLA Raise  5400.00 7200.00 7400.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  9111.25 16311.25 0.00
    WALLA Call  4311.25 20622.50 3088.75
    WALLA Show
    • A
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• Q
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

River

WALLA Win Four Queens 20622.50  23711.25
    ha. standard right. bby. etc.

Can't see stacks there, bar had 45k so was a fight between 3 of us for the 2nd spot. Hold here I have 20k v subs 9k and am a big favourite. mehhh nvm.

Min cashes in the velocity and the £2 speed rebuy meant it was a break even night on Sky. Couple of HU hyper wins helped too.

Thought I was on for back 2 back velocity freezeout wins, until this hand.

How on earth can 55 be favourite and hold here? It just seems so unfair that they can play so badly and have 54% equity v me in a huge pot here.

High v spot :(
    xxx Small blind  500.00 500.00 19600.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 30282.50
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

bighit Fold     
    YMCMB Fold     
    xxx All-in  19600.00 21100.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  19100.00 40200.00 11182.50
    xxx Show

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

xxxWin Three 5s 40200.00  40200.00
    Just need to get there 1 time for the absolute world!!!!

50k @ 500/1k in the velo is like 1/4 of the chips with 10 left :(

Nvm, prob same again today. I did log off on Tuesday night saying f this, I've had enough of scratching around in MTTs when I could/should be playing cash.

Ofc I'm playing today, and cba to grind. Maybe later ;)

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +4 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 637

If I don't it's gonna be my lowest points total in 3 yrs!

GL all playing today.

YGITT ^^^^^
  • edited November 2012
    HI Dohhhhhhh

Ignore people(no names mentioned) who say your posts are too long. As long as they're interesting and entertaining, and they are, do what you do mate. I'm ultra impressed by those SS graphs. Isn't a positve gradient a joy to behold? It's shows what you can do in time.
    TY for poker paradigm....it really was an eye opener though it is costing me at times through misreads or just plain losing to the poker gods whereas before i may just be saying "aaaah, he's got it!" Certainly, my post flop play is more considered now though "work to do in this area" is what i'd have written on a boy's report as a teacher in the past!
     Got down to last 15 in mini open from over 320 last week and felt pleased with my post flop play though it seems my out hand(not believing the flush on flop of my opponent) was an error. I got str8 on turn and shoved short stacked. Sigh. At least i am putting more pressure on my opponents.
    A question for you D. ....no silly answers now....What is your poker philosophy whilst playing? (not to win money!). I wonder whether fear comes into my game too often...
  • edited November 2012

Not updated for a few sessions as nowt has really happened.

I managed to break my downswing in the £9.60 2 in 25 sats, after going 35 or so without a win I've had 2 in 2 sessions, maybe 2 of my last 4/5 or something. Hope that continues.

DOHHHHHHH600001£4,000 B/Hunter
    tallytink02£4,000 B/Hunter
    bar400403
    Can't find the other one :(

I haven't played any cash at all really this month, will try get something going again in December and hopefully make some money :(

I always said If MTTs were my main game of choice I would very rarely play on Sky. Think that's reflected in my volume/points total here this month. 

Been playing some longer structured stuff during the day. Starting to realise how terrible I am at them! Shoveaments ftw! It doesn't help that it's 9 handed all the time, it's hard get stacks going without making the nuts :(

Try again to get a bink or 2 today. 

Up about 3x buy ins since last update, no real binks in the speed/velocity mtts, just the 2x £110's and a few smaller cashes. 

Brings month totals to....

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +7 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 877

The forum diary market is getting tougher all the time, continued success of Tommys, and Pats, and now Hoggers is having a go @ turning pennies into thousands. 

Will have to try and think of some ways to 're-juvenate' this diary in Dec' to remain competative, got abit stale lately. It helps if I play some hands I guess. 

Anyway gl all rounding the month off, Run Guddddd.!

• edited November 2012
    HI Dohhhhhhh Ignore people(no names mentioned) who say your posts are too long. As long as they're interesting and entertaining, and they are, do what you do mate. I'm ultra impressed by those SS graphs. Isn't a positve gradient a joy to behold? It's shows what you can do in time. TY for poker paradigm....it really was an eye opener though it is costing me at times through misreads or just plain losing to the poker gods whereas before i may just be saying "aaaah, he's got it!" Certainly, my post flop play is more considered now though "work to do in this area" is what i'd have written on a boy's report as a teacher in the past!  Got down to last 15 in mini open from over 320 last week and felt pleased with my post flop play though it seems my out hand(not believing the flush on flop of my opponent) was an error. I got str8 on turn and shoved short stacked. Sigh. At least i am putting more pressure on my opponents. A question for you D. ....no silly answers now....What is your poker philosophy whilst playing? (not to win money!). I wonder whether fear comes into my game too often...
    Posted by profman15
    Cheerz Prof. 

It'd be nice to get a few 'big' jumps on the MTT graph. Grinding up with wins/cashes in smaller events is certainly tougher than the wacko approach of winning £1.5k in a single tournament every other week ;)

Poker philosophy? Just had to google what philosophy actually means! 

phi·los·o·phy

Noun:
    1. The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, esp. when considered as an academic discipline.
    2. A set of views and theories of a particular philosopher concerning such study or an aspect of it.

Still non the wiser :P

Not really sure how to interpret that question.....

In the past it's always been money. I spose it still is. If I couldn't win money playing, I wouldn't play at all. 

I lost the 'buzz' that comes with poker a long time ago. Very rarely get that kind of enjoyment from poker nowardays. I think to keep the 'buzz' you need to keep challenging yourself and improving. 

For example moving up the stakes, learning new games, playing and beating better players, and ultimately winning more money. 

It's still quite exciting making final tables and winning tournaments, but when the tournaments are only small and the prize for winning is only £100-150, it's hardly edge of your seat stuff. 

Don't mean to sound arrogant, and there are some players who are just starting out who will prob be thinking "wow I'd love to win a tournament for £100", I used to be like that.

But compared to what I used to make, and relative to my bankroll, it's not that big a deal. 

£100 is £100 though :)

Spose poker is just summat to do whilst having a few beers and watching sport! 

Used to be the other way round ;) haha. 

Not a really deep answer, if you want 1 of those, I suggest you ask Patwalshh, he's very good at that kinda thing. Or percival. He's quite weird with this kinda thing too. loooool.

• edited November 2012
    Nice one Dohhhhhhh

I really enjoy reading your 'stuff' D. You have such a good handle on the game from different perspectives. I only ask q's as it's good to get an honest, experienced opinion. Perhaps philosophy was the wrong word and mindset should have taken its place. There's a book by Matt Hilger i'm tempted to get unless you know a good article. (enjoyed the  "Are you a gambler" article by the way...even printed it!).

Sent you a pm concerning that msn address...maybe problem with S or 5 in address.
    The 'small' win pots probably help you to make moves that some of us cash-hungry guys wouldn't. I shall not mention 33 v QQ , bg stack v big stack in boogie Woogie league......oops, i did!! Enjoyed the game and gave me a chance to see some of your hidden showdowns for loads of notes...lol

Had killer hand in W's league yesterday...even managed to put it in clinic....i just love copy and paste now!!!!! What you think...putting his hand on soon so be quick...ha.
    Good to see ya at the tables and if you come across some good vids for guys who still have their mojo for the game, post 'em eh? Hey sad to say, i'm even taping pointless now....
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" :   It's still quite exciting making final tables and winning tournaments, but when the tournaments are only small and the prize for winning is only £100-150, it's hardly edge of your seat stuff.  Don't mean to sound arrogant, and there are some players who are just starting out who will prob be thinking "wow I'd love to win a tournament for £100", I used to be like that. 

Not a really deep answer, if you want 1 of those, I suggest you ask Patwalshh, he's very good at that kinda thing. Or percival. He's quite weird with this kinda thing too. loooool.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I was actually thinking of writing something about detaching the value from money in Poker. I remember when I won my first tournament for like £35, and I was so ecstatic. But now, I see tournaments with 'just' £150+ up top, and think it's not really worth it. 

In short, I think over time you become so used to winning and losing semi-large sums of money, that you can't really care about it in financial terms. I just think of it as a video game where you aim to get as high amount as you can. 

I'll probably write something more in-depth about this soon. 

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Cheerz Prof.  It'd be nice to get a few 'big' jumps on the MTT graph. Grinding up with wins/cashes in smaller events is certainly tougher than the wacko approach of winning £1.5k in a single tournament every other week ;) Poker philosophy? Just had to google what philosophy actually means!  phi·los·o·phy Noun: The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, esp. when considered as an academic discipline. A set of views and theories of a particular philosopher concerning such study or an aspect of it. Still non the wiser :P Not really sure how to interpret that question..... In the past it's always been money. I spose it still is. If I couldn't win money playing, I wouldn't play at all.  I lost the 'buzz' that comes with poker a long time ago. Very rarely get that kind of enjoyment from poker nowardays. I think to keep the 'buzz' you need to keep challenging yourself and improving.  For example moving up the stakes, learning new games, playing and beating better players, and ultimately winning more money.  It's still quite exciting making final tables and winning tournaments, but when the tournaments are only small and the prize for winning is only £100-150, it's hardly edge of your seat stuff.  Don't mean to sound arrogant, and there are some players who are just starting out who will prob be thinking "wow I'd love to win a tournament for £100", I used to be like that. But compared to what I used to make, and relative to my bankroll, it's not that big a deal.  £100 is £100 though :) Spose poker is just summat to do whilst having a few beers and watching sport!  Used to be the other way round ;) haha.  Not a really deep answer, if you want 1 of those, I suggest you ask Patwalshh, he's very good at that kinda thing. Or percival. He's quite weird with this kinda thing too. loooool.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

compliment

insult

ty. i know where i stand

• edited November 2012
    Tldr ;)

Hope your not playing today son?
  • edited November 2012
    Tldr ;) Hope your not playing today son?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    His manager has advised him to rest up for tomorrow! ;-)
  • edited November 2012

Ha, hadn't checked back here since I last posted. 

lol @ Kasabianp. I actually edited the post initially because I thought it sounded harsh on you when I first read it back.

The original post just said...

"Or Percival, he's quite weird too". sigh. Didn't make a big enough adjustment. 

----------------

My 4th attempt at a long afternoon tournament grind on Wednesday, and finally I had abit of success. 

I've only been playing like 9/10 tournys, which come to a total of $40/50 after rebuys, so only very small stakes. Had gotten close to the final table a couple of times, finishing 20th/1,500 on 2 occasions, but managed to go 1 better the other day and final table a couple, finishing 8th in one and chopping the other.

I'll try get the picture approved, have deleted all the offensive bits. I think. 

Note the duration of the tournament, over 6 hours!!!!! Didn't think I'd be able to do it ;)

It's not too bad though, if I start 10/11 comps all within an hour or so of eachother, it's 3/4 hours until I'm down to a couple of tournaments, and then it gets quite exciting as you get to the bubble then deep into the cash, then hopefully the final table. The first few hours are very boring though, and the beats/coolers/blowups after grinding so long feel much worse. 

Luckily I dodged all the above in this one and manage a small bink.

I went into HU play with 1m v 300k. He was chipping away at me as I was looking for a spot to end it. Thought I'd found the spot when I got 88 in pre, but he had TT and held and had a minor chip advantage. 

He then suggested an equal chop, which surprised me as he had all the momentum HU, which everyone knows is very important. 

He seemed decent enough, nothing to frighten me, but he certainly wasn't gonna be easy to beat especially as we are now quite deep. I'd been given his skope stats and he turned out to be a decent winning player with good ability rating.

With the stacks, my lack of any real edge, and more importantly the momentum all going with him, I decided to take him up on his offer of an equal split and did the deal.

Not v experienced in that situation, maybe it was bad by me. I dunno....

Wasn't a huge amount of money anyway, only a low stakes comp. Was happy with the result. Gutted when I had Jacks v Q8 on an 8 high board first hand after the deal though :( haha. 

I was on abit of a high, so played a couple of speeds on sky before closing off and ringing the Chinese man. 

Managed to take 1 down which was a pleasing way to round off an intrinsically rewarding day.

DOHHHHHHH630001£50
    Donttelmum02£30
    specialK503£20
    pokerghost04

Kinda ironic Wednesday morning I posted about rarely getting a buzz from poker, and the only way to get it is to achieve new things and take on new challenges. 

Well I've not won a comp that lasted over 6 hours for about 4 years. Definitely felt a buzz in the later stages of that, even though the money up top wasn't huge, the achievement for me felt pretty big.

Also, when I spend all day grinding several tables, as opposed to 1 tabling on sky and messing about talking and betting on horses etc it certainly makes me drink faster!!!!

I was bladdered by 8pm. 

Not neccesserily a bad thing. 

Same again today, and possibly Sunday, then DEFINITELY back to cash next week to kick-start a big December!

If anyone fancies playing the same tourny schedule this afternoon as abit of motivation with maybe some small side bets, post up and we'll agree on a set of comps to play! (small stakes). It really does help keep me interested, have had a go a couple of times now with different forum regulars, it makes it more fun for some reason. Like going to the gym....always better with someone there to motivate you. (It used to like 4 yrs ago when I last went anyway)

gl all playing today!

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +8.5 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 897
  • edited November 2012
    Hi D

Nice to see the buzz return....and you feared it never would! Good stuff...
  • edited December 2012

Not sure about that prof, was just a 1 off! ;)

Nothing much to report from Friday, no deep runs on stars, and nothing on Sky other than a stone bubble in the 2r speed! Only £4 for a min cash, which was £2 less than what I was in for, so totally ignored the bubble. 

wp sky on the payout structure btw ;)

Down about £40 on mtts, but won about the same playing hypers whilst waiting for the games to start. 

Had an extremely patriotic last minute substantial bet on Freddie to win his fight though, which made it a profitable day overall. 

Final stats for November.....

Monthly Totals.
    NLHE +8 x buy ins.
    PLO n/a
    Points 986

Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiit I didn't realise I was only 14 off 1k points, how much extra would that have got me???

Paul ??????? ;)

November review.

Fail.

--------------------------------

Lets go December! 

Still haven't thought of any new/interesting stuff for the diary in December, until I do, you can just lol @ this photo because it's brilliant. 

YGITT again! ^^^ :)

Something that's been annoying me alot lately, is the way the board runs out in all in confrontations.

It's like my mental game is regressing, and I'm becoming a total fish again. Even more of a fish than usual I mean.

For example, when we get AK in pre flop v Queens and we get the A72r flop.

Mentally, we've won the hand, we're massive favourite.

Then the Queen comes on the river and it's like fffssssssssssssssssssssssssss. 

But I lost a flip, big deal. 

Anyway the scenario that's really tilting me at the moment is this one.......

Say for example I'm shortish or whatever and for some reason I want to shove Q8 suited.

I do, and get called by A5o.

The flop comes something random with a 5 on it, so like 2 5 K rainbow.

I say to myself mentally.....

"That hasn't changed anything, I still need an eight or a Queen. All that's changed is if I turn an 8 or a Queen, he has 2 more outs to re-bink on the river."

So of course, I go ahead on the turn.

And of course, he makes trips on the river. 

3 times that's happened recently AFTER that exact thought has gone through my head, I need to stop thinking that! Maybe even just stop watching boards run out altogether!!

I lost a 40/60 tho, big deal again ;)

I think all sites shud have an option in settings to not show the run out of boards when cards are all in. Instead maybe have like a wheel of fortune type thing appear on the board, and cover the % of the circle in red to display your equity, blue for your opponents, and black for a chop. Just spin that instead and see where it lands. It'll be less tilting!

Get on it Dragons Den!

GL all in December!

• edited December 2012

Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiit I didn't realise I was only 14 off 1k points, how much extra would that have got me???

Off the top of my head, 986 points would be about 7/8 pound random pence and 1K is defo a tenner. So for the sake of a couple of games you have cost yourself literally hundreds or thousands of dollars!

Q. Do you include all your horse bets in your running total or have you got another account somewhere else just for 'other sports betting'?
  • edited December 2012
    Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiit I didn't realise I was only 14 off 1k points, how much extra would that have got me??? Off the top of my head, 986 points would be about 7/8 pound random pence and 1K is defo a tenner. So for the sake of a couple of games you have cost yourself literally hundreds or thousands of dollars! Q. Do you include all your horse bets in your running total or have you got another account somewhere else just for 'other sports betting'?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Noooo, no betting/poker from other sites is included in these totals, just Sky Poker!.

I'm blocked on skybet, a) because its rubbish, and b) to stop me betting with my poker roll just for the sake of betting.

If I wasn't blocked, I'd prob have had a £5 acca on the footy already this morning even though I'm not even that bothered about the games and probably wont even be watching any of em.

If I want to bet now, I have to go out of my way to load up other sites and deposit etc. 

There was also a couple of incidents when I was rly tilted after losing money @ poker, and I found the virtual horses on Skybet. I've never been a big Sky-Vegas type tilter, I don't think I've ever spent more than £5 on there. 

But the virtual horses nights were brutal!

£40 ew etc on cartoon horses! lol. 

I lost, obviously. 

If I stuck to single bets £20 and over against the bookies, I think I'd be well up against them. I only put 'decent' sized bets on when I really want to bet and fancy something strongly.

But add up all the £5 footy accas and £6 lucky 15s that I put on purely for entertainment and we're probably about even! Fun for free right? ;)

Would love to get more in to sports betting & bash the bookies properly, but it seems complicated, and I'm lazy. 

• edited December 2012

I am thinking of setting up another betting account for the horses and footy bets that I am now doing more of in the new year. Take some of my poker BR off here as it is going downhill quicker than Franz Klammer!!

I am ATM just flicking the sky bet tab as it is so easy to do and out of laziness!! I need to sort something better out!!

(had singles and doubles on Shuv's two horses at Leicester today BTW.....get on them!)
  • edited December 2012

Dec 2nd

Tried everything yesterday to get something going. 

Loaded up cash @ about 4pm. Looked for my usual 6x nl30 tables.

Only 2 running! ???

Joined them, started 1 of my own, and added 4xnl20. 

Played for about 90 mins whilst watching the Norwich/Sunderland game. It felt like 3 hours! Fell asleep 3 times during that session. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I made £13.33 and 66 points. haha. I was card dead tbf, didn't get QQ/KK/AA once, just nothing happening alot of opening/cbetting etc. 1 big pot for stacks I got AK in from the button v the small blind. A 'sigh' get in, but to amazement he has AQ!

Trying hard to grind this month, but with only 2x nl30 running on a SUNDAY afternoon/early evening, it doesn't look good. 

I went looking for an alternative plan. 

I haven't played a dym for at least 9 months, but my record at them (before yesterday) is decent, I've got a 13% ROI over a small sample of about 600 games, so had a go at them alongside the 6pm primo sat.

Bad idea. 

Dunno how many I played and won/lost, but it wasn't v good! Dropped £65 :(

Actually ran pretty good, it could/should have been worse.

So, gave up on them.

Was time for the evening tournys to start, so I played the usual 4/5 turbo mtts alongside HU sngs, and managed to run golden in the latter, probably won 13/15 games or something between £5-20.

Also got 2nd in one of the mtts, to end the day up £50 and 10 pence exactly!

row10740001£51
    DOHHHHHHH02£30.60
    LEZZA03£20.40
    Lambert18004

Got 276 points. Whish is still cr @p, but 1/4 of Novembers volume in 1 session.

Might have to re-think my playing hours, 1pm starts and midnight finishes aren't gonna work for cash. 

4x nl30 running right now though, maybe it was just a slow day yesterday. 

Dec Totals.
    +50 squids. 
    276 points. 

• edited December 2012
    Close to a big win again yesterday on't'other site. 

15th out of 4,200 runners in a $2 turbo freezeout :(, 8k gtd, 1.5k ftw. 

I got summat like $25 :(

I was in the top 5 with 30 left, and opened A9hh. There were some big stacks that I was definitely going to fold to if they shoved, and some small stacks I was gonna snap call off.

Then there was 1 'inbetween stack' of I think about 12xbb. 

I said to myself b4 I opened....

"as long as that guy doesn't shove, I'm ok. I know what I'm going to do in every other situation"

Ofc it folds to mr 'inbetween stack' and he shoves on me. 

Ughhhhhhh what a decision. It was something like 120k more to call into a pot of 200k. I don't know exactly, but I wasn't quite getting 2/1 and given that I'd opened utg+1, and he is on the button, his range has to have me crushed here. 

I made the call, to see AQo, and he held. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not. 

It left me with about 13xbb, which was still competative in this format, around average. I stole and re-shoved once or twice, and got up to about 20xbb without showdown. 

Then I found jacks. and min raised from about 19xbb.

Tourny chip leader 3bet me, and ofc I had to get it in here.

He shows AK. 

And wins the flip :(

That was for like a 42xbb stack, and a top 3 position in the tournament approaching the FT bubble. dream scenario! :(

meh. 

I have to screenshot i'll add later, t'was pretty gutting. I just wanna do a Wacko 1 time ;)

Over to sky, did well on the HU sngs again, and ok in the turbo mtts.

FT'd the £2r for the first time.

meddie3640001£84
    jonjon7802£51
    ryan4403£36
    DOHHHHHHH04£30
    bali7110405£24
    spam60006£21
    Close :(

And FT bubbled the velo freezeout from a position of strength :( Lost 'the' key flip again against MK Gunner. No surprise to see him go on to TID after winning that flip. wp him. & hoggers on his cash. 

mkgunner1290001£86
    meddie02£53.75
    cauleyboy03£32.25
    GREGHOGG04£23.65
    89761005£19.35
    gemy06 
    DOHHHHHHH07
    In v good form on the hypers, here and elsewhere, made for a good day overall. Ending the year the way I started it, in and around the sng lobby!! 

Dec Sky Totals.
    +70 squids. 
    331 points. 
  • edited December 2012
    Still here!  Enjoying the read tho I don't post often.  Anyway, reason I'm posting now is you seemed to enthuse over "turbos" and faster structures so I thought I'd give em a whirl tother nite.  (I actually play "zoom" nxt door and like it.)   I play mostly MTT's on Sky -  DS's are my fav cos I get more poker for my ££!  I like DYM's but they are sometimes mind-numbingly slow so I thot I'd give the Turbo DYM's a try - 1000 chips, 2xmin blinds, blinds start at 25/100 & then go 50/100....  I started off @60p with a few £1:15's and managed to cash in the first 10!  When I say cash a few were lucky as shorties committed hari-kari on my behalf! ;-)  Anyways,  just to say really enjoyed them and will def try a few other "faster" types soon.
    Also, wot nae cricket?? Or bets?

• edited December 2012
    Still here!  Enjoying the read tho I don't post often.  Anyway, reason I'm posting now is you seemed to enthuse over "turbos" and faster structures so I thought I'd give em a whirl tother nite.  (I actually play "zoom" nxt door and like it.)   I play mostly MTT's on Sky -  DS's are my fav cos I get more poker for my ££!  I like DYM's but they are sometimes mind-numbingly slow so I thot I'd give the Turbo DYM's a try - 1000 chips, 2xmin blinds, blinds start at 25/100 & then go 50/100....  I started off @60p with a few £1:15's and managed to cash in the first 10!  When I say cash a few were lucky as shorties committed hari-kari on my behalf! ;-)  Anyways,  just to say really enjoyed them and will def try a few other "faster" types soon. Also, wot nae cricket?? Or bets?
    Posted by Glenelg

Might be some kind of record for the turbo dyms! I doubt many people have gotten much more than 10 in a row @ those, the varience is crazy! 

Def getting some cricket today <3

Not seen much of the series so far, 4am is the worst time for me, it's too late (or early) to stay awake and watch, and it's too early to wake up in time to watch!

If it was a midnight start I could easily stay up for it, alternatively if it was like a 6 or 7am start, I could get up for it!

Awkward Indians! Bring on day-night test cricket ;)

And agree to DRS, u plonkers!

Anyway..............

Had to get up for a delivery today so I saw the 2nd half of the afternoon session and the whole evening session.

Congratulations to captain Cook on becoming the first English batsman to score 24 test centuries, at the age of 27!!!!! 

He will clear 50 test 100's easy, and break every record in the book too. I doubt they'll ever be broken, or if anyone will even get close. WP selectors for sticking with him too. 

Interesting dilemma for the Ashes in the summer, Swann or Monty? Is Monty bowling himself back in to the no.1 spinner slot? He seems to be Cooks preferred option, came on first change yesterday and bowled 16 overs when Swann had only bowled 3. Maybe it's because he has Huge hands, and bowls better with a newer ball.

Might be reading too much in to it, but his wickets so far this series can't be ignored! (where tf was he in the first test!!!) Results orientated criticism ftw ;)

-------------------

No real bets recently, few small ones on the horses for entertainment, but now that shuv puts up a horse in every race, it's just as entertaining following his on at the races as it is picking my own. Makes all the races more interesting when I have a horse to keep an eye on.

My last 'proper bet' was on another England cricketing legend, and probably 1 of my top 3 sportsmen of all time, along with Shane Warne, and Alan Shearer. 

Was £30 on Freddie to win his 'fight' the other night. 

Patriotic punt, but I really couldn't see him taking it on if he wasn't sure he was going to win his first couple of fights at least. Don't think he'd show himself up like that. Although I was wrong, even though he won it was a total farce. But a win is a win.

For me, as well as him ;)

------------

Enjoying the snooker this week whilst playing poker in the afternoon.

I think the BBCs coverge of snooker is awesome, from the studio analysis to the actual commentary.

I'll post my tips for today, as I haven't put anything up fora while. 

Hate ever backing against Ally Carter, but Bingham is the form man,so I'll go with him to win a close game, Murphy to cruise past Brecel, Robertson too strong for Selby, and then Davis to grind down Stevens.

4 timer = 6.5/1

Still think Stephen Lee will win the tournament though ;)