You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited October 2012

Quiet day yesterday, played bits of everything before looking to get a PLO cash session going at about 11pm....

Not much action though :( abit on 5p/10p but not really much above that.

I have a couple of hand ID's noted, I've no idea what they are, I guess I'll find out now!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    billy_fury Small blind  10.00 10.00 530.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  20.00 30.00 440.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

billy_fury Call  10.00 40.00 520.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  40.00 80.00 400.00
    billy_fury Call  40.00 120.00 480.00
    Flop

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Bet  80.00 200.00 320.00
    billy_fury Call  80.00 280.00 400.00
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    billy_fury Check     
    River

DOHHHHHHH Bet  100.00 380.00 220.00
    billy_fury Call  100.00 480.00 300.00
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • K

billy_fury Muck
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Win Four 6s 480.00  700.00
    lol? hmmmm. yeh w/e!

2)
    pokerclub Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.31
    zit Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.90
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

kungfu Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £13.32
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.05 £1.50 £18.75
    pokerclub Call  £1.00 £2.50 £5.31
    zit Call  £0.95 £3.45 £6.95
    kungfu Call  £0.75 £4.20 £12.57
    Flop

pokerclub Check     
    zit Check     
    kungfu Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Turn

pokerclub Bet  £4.20 £8.40 £1.11
    zit Call  £4.20 £12.60 £2.75
    kungfu Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Fold
    Aghhhh I can see why I noted this one.

Is this a fold? should I call? I'm rly not sure. Guess I have to get the PLO calculator and see what equity I have against some different hands.

Any thoughts?

3)
    goodylad21 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £27.69
    GREGHOGG Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £21.59
     Your hole cards

niko38 Raise  £0.40 £0.70 £23.66
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.40 £2.10 £25.61
    SKAGS Fold     
    COFFEENCRM Fold     
    goodylad21 Fold     
    GREGHOGG Fold     
    niko38 Raise  £4.00 £6.10 £19.66
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.00 £9.10 £22.61
    Flop

• Q

niko38 Bet  £6.83 £15.93 £12.83
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £6.83 £22.76 £15.78
    Turn

• J

niko38 All-in  £12.83 £35.59 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH
    Same here! prob know roughly what I'm up against here, but have I got the price to call?

Will get the calculatrice out in abit and try to work it out.

Results....

Nothing much happened. I lost about a tenner on mtt buy ins. Think I lost about 2 quid @ PLO, but won about a tenner on HU sngs.

This is starting to sound like Lamberts diary! ;)

I have 1936 points now, so at least that's 64.5% of a NLHE buy in, and 96.8% of a PLO buy in banked in way of rakeback and I'm on target to hit my target of 2,000 by the end of the month so that should be good.

;)

Month totals
    NLHE +16 Buy ins
    PLO + 5 Buy ins
    Points 1936

Back to being me again, think I'm taking a proper 2 days off this time, and will do proper sessions on Thursday and Saturday. Don't think there's going to be much action on Tues/Weds. Might have to start playing on a diff site after midnight :( 888 prob.

GL all playing over the nxt couple of days!

• edited October 2012
    you know in the hyper turbo thing. the holdem one. I know it's only like 20 chips but doesn't it make sense to use half pot as your regular cbet? Especially on that flop? #wannalearnfromthehyperexpert. p.s. deano replied on twitter. o m g
  • edited October 2012

I don't really play PLO, but in the first hand, when you raise a limper, if you aren't c betting that board.. what are you c betting!?!? Just makes no sense to me. 

Second hand seems like a clear call once you call flop..
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    I don't really play PLO, but in the first hand, when you raise a limper, if you aren't c betting that board.. what are you c betting!?!? Just makes no sense to me.  Second hand seems like a clear call once you call flop..
    Posted by patwalshh
    Meh, you might have a point, I dunno.

My reasoning was, I have a v nice hand pre, but that flop isn't really what I'm looking for. 

When I raise like medium suited cards, I'm relying on my suits as back up, to back up like a made hand, 2pair, trips, a straight, or flop a big wrap/pair/fd combo.

On this board I have 1 pair, and a weak flush draw, multi way.

I've got tonnes of backdoor draws though, so in position I wanted to take a free card and try to turn something.

Looking back, I think my turn fold is horrific!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2012

A change from the poker/cricket/gambling posts....

I am a massive fan of Sitcoms (normally British), and comedy in general. 

My top 5 before the start of October, in order...

The Office.

********* Hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Gap. ***********

Only Fools and Horses.

The Royle Family.

Extras.

Early Doors. 

My top 5 right now, as of the time of writing this post.

The Office.

********Smallish gap**********

The Big Bang Theory.

********* Hugggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee Gap! **********

Only Fools and Horses. 

Extras. 

sljdncjnsnxsduhcyidsuadxdfuejidpkjcpowkdcj !!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think anything could ever get close to The Office. Maybe if Gervais did something else, possibly!!!

But an American Sitcom? No chance! 

I cannot believe how funny TBBT is. literally 30 minutes of laughing out loud!

Whoever created the Sheldon and Leanord characters is obv a genius, on Gervais' level. Not sure about the Asian kid, think he's abit boring and maybe lets the show down, they could have done alot more with his character. 

Haven't even seen all the episodes yet, there's tonnes I think? Gonna get all the DVDs and watch them in order before saying for sure, but I think it may well do the impossible and overtake The Office at the top of my sitcom list! 

:'( sob. 

C'mon Gervais, sort it out. 

I hope Derek is gonna be as good as he says it is, and he can reclaim his place at the top!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so not quite on Patwalshh' level, but at least it wasn't cricket ;) 

(gg Yorkshire btw :'()

• edited October 2012
    A change from the poker/cricket/gambling posts.... I am a massive fan of Sitcoms (normally British), and comedy in general.  My top 5 before the start of October, in order... The Office. ********* Hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Gap. *********** Only Fools and Horses. The Royle Family. Extras. Early Doors.  My top 5 right now, as of the time of writing this post. The Office. ********Smallish gap********** The Big Bang Theory. ********* Hugggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee Gap! ********** Only Fools and Horses.  Extras.  sljdncjnsnxsduhcyidsuadxdfuejidpkjcpowkdcj !!!!!!!!!! I didn't think anything could ever get close to The Office. Maybe if Gervais did something else, possibly!!! But an American Sitcom? No chance!  I cannot believe how funny TBBT is. literally 30 minutes of laughing out loud! Whoever created the Sheldon and Leanord characters is obv a genius, on Gervais' level. Not sure about the Asian kid, think he's abit boring and maybe lets the show down, they could have done alot more with his character.  Haven't even seen all the episodes yet, there's tonnes I think? Gonna get all the DVDs and watch them in order before saying for sure, but I think it may well do the impossible and overtake The Office at the top of my sitcom list!  :'( sob.  C'mon Gervais, sort it out.  I hope Derek is gonna be as good as he says it is, and he can reclaim his place at the top!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so not quite on Patwalshh' level, but at least it wasn't cricket ;)  (gg Yorkshire btw :'()
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Havnt seen the cricket posts il read up later but there is NOTHING wrong with cricket :D

Only foold and Horses <3. And the office, love it. Im still undecided on the BBT though, will have to watch more. Loving how this has turned to omaha, great game keep it going mate :)

• edited October 2012
    I just couldn't fanthom that someone would slow play a set on a somewhat drawy board, and obv once the second K comes it's less likely he has 2. Ofc he has quads and I river 1 of 2 cards that will lose me money. Cheers Sky! I'm sure variance will even itself out. Just like it does in MTTs. Ha ha ha In the long run is flatting his raise here with the second nuts better, or will they show up with AK or worse enough to make stacking off profitable?
    Posted by Giant811
    +1.

Don't really understand what he's doing checking the flop.

Ofc he needs to protect because it's a drawy board, but in PLO even dry boards are full of stuff people will call with, surely he needs to bet for value!!! I don't see m/any spots where slowplaying is worth it, maybe in 3/4b pots where the psr makes it easy to get stacks in, but a limped pot 100xbb deep this just seems crazy to me. 

I would take the same river line as you, but it is strange how he explodes on the river. We know he's 100% value betting, so what value hands can he have?

I guess AK. He wouldn't do this with sets.

Maybe when you drill down into it, against this opponent, you might actually be able to flat!!

No way that I would though.

Also raise pre! AA93, u have a suit, theyre not 'that' bad aces. You will be able to take alot of pots down with a cbet with your image. 
  • edited October 2012
    hand 2 looks like a clear peel 

hand 3 is closer but i think i get it in

Not done a hand equity thingy, just my gut reaction.... could be wrong tho obv

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : +1. Don't really understand what he's doing checking the flop. Ofc he needs to protect because it's a drawy board, but in PLO even dry boards are full of stuff people will call with, surely he needs to bet for value !!! I don't see m/any spots where slowplaying is worth it, maybe in 3/4b pots where the psr makes it easy to get stacks in, but a limped pot 100xbb deep this just seems crazy to me.  I would take the same river line as you, but it is strange how he explodes on the river. We know he's 100% value betting, so what value hands can he have? I guess AK. He wouldn't do this with sets. Maybe when you drill down into it, against this opponent, you might actually be able to flat!! No way that I would though. Also raise pre! AA93, u have a suit, theyre not 'that' bad aces. You will be able to take alot of pots down with a cbet with your image. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    As you must have noticed I play very passively pre, especially on passive tables. To not tip my hand too much I feel I have to limp aces and kings as well. In general the low-ish variance style seems to work ok (very small sample size though), it's the massive coolers/outdraws that cost me money so far.

The fold in hand 2 is probably too tight. Worst case your flush draw is no good and you could be up against a better wrap, in which case you have 6 outs to the nuts and you could be chopping even if you hit. Ofc you could be up against a set and 2 pair and all your straight and flush outs could be live. Or they are both on monster draws and your pair is good. My guess is the first guy has a set and the second the nfd. Even in this case you have about 30% equity. so it's a call. 

I would agree with patwalshh that this is a good spot to c-bet. You have top pair and loads of immediate and backdoor draws and the board completely misses most hands you would expect in a 3 bet pot (although since it's 4 way there could be some junk hands around). If you get raised you can get away and if you get called you can slow down or you have built a bigger pot if you improve.

But what do I know, I'm just a huge fish. :)
  • edited October 2012
    A change from the poker/cricket/gambling posts.... I am a massive fan of Sitcoms (normally British), and comedy in general.  My top 5 before the start of October, in order... The Office. ********* Hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Gap. *********** Only Fools and Horses. The Royle Family. Extras. Early Doors.  My top 5 right now, as of the time of writing this post. The Office. ********Smallish gap********** The Big Bang Theory. ********* Hugggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee Gap! ********** Only Fools and Horses.  Extras.  sljdncjnsnxsduhcyidsuadxdfuejidpkjcpowkdcj !!!!!!!!!! I didn't think anything could ever get close to The Office. Maybe if Gervais did something else, possibly!!! But an American Sitcom? No chance!  I cannot believe how funny TBBT is. literally 30 minutes of laughing out loud! Whoever created the Sheldon and Leanord characters is obv a genius, on Gervais' level. Not sure about the Asian kid, think he's abit boring and maybe lets the show down, they could have done alot more with his character.  Haven't even seen all the episodes yet, there's tonnes I think? Gonna get all the DVDs and watch them in order before saying for sure, but I think it may well do the impossible and overtake The Office at the top of my sitcom list!  :'( sob.  C'mon Gervais, sort it out.  I hope Derek is gonna be as good as he says it is, and he can reclaim his place at the top!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so not quite on Patwalshh' level, but at least it wasn't cricket ;)  (gg Yorkshire btw :'()
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    the big bang theory is quality. it took me a while to get into it but i got there. its always on e4 so theres many times to catch up on episodes. i agree that whoever created sheldon and leonard were genius, heres my favourite clip of them boith
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bpukvdbso

i also think the sheldon and amy farrah fowler double act is funny.

bazinga
  • edited October 2012
    No way I can let you say you're a massive sit com fan after our discussion the other day lol.

Never seen Red Dwarf, League of Gentlemen, Peep Show, The Young Ones, Bottom, Absolutely Fabulous.

AND... you dont like Arnie!!!
  • edited October 2012
    No way I can let you say you're a massive sit com fan after our discussion the other day lol. Never seen Red Dwarf, League of Gentlemen, Peep Show, The Young Ones, Bottom, Absolutely Fabulous. AND... you dont like Arnie!!!
    Posted by Lambert180
    haha ok, I'm a massive fan of the sitcoms I've actually seen!!!

You can add Fawlty Towers to that list too ;)

It takes effort to watch new sitcoms, to get to know who everyone is etc. It's easier to watch the same ones over and over again. That's why they're good, they never get boring.

TBBT happened by accident, I was wide awake @ 3am and some repeat of the pilot episode was on E4. Nothing else on at all! Had to watch it. 

the rest, is history! :) 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : the big bang theory is quality. it took me a while to get into it but i got there. its always on e4 so theres many times to catch up on episodes. i agree that whoever created sheldon and leonard were genius, heres my favourite clip of them boith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bpukvdbso i also think the sheldon and amy farrah fowler double act is funny. bazinga
    Posted by TINTIN
    lolol I've not seen that one yet. 

I've also not seen much of Amy, so much good stuff still to watch :)

Face at the end is priceless! 

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : lolol I've not seen that one yet.  I've also not seen much of Amy, so much good stuff still to watch :) I'll raise you this Bazinga!    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRkFUFFbj_4&amp;feature=related Face at the end is priceless!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaeY8N4T7Do
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    that is a good one.

4 bet you this tho, you really need to see this full episode   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJHbnMATqGc&NR=1&feature=fvwp

creating sheldon was genius, creating a sheldon with lady parts is bonkers. you will like the episodes where she tries to seduce him 

i thought 4od might have had them all on their site but they dont, guess gotta make do with the 4 episodes a day they show on e4
  • edited October 2012

Soooooo, the diary is on page 5 of the forum, and I haven't posted for 4 days.

That usually means, I've been mullered in my last poker session.

And that is the case here :(

4 days to update when I lose, 12 hours when I win. standard. 

Worst session I can remember. 

Just got so tilted, and played horrific stuff. 

I started about 7pm with a few HU hypers. Or it was supposed to be a few. 

I dropped about 30 quid playing £5 games against this absolute donk. I lost about 8 in a row just running horrid. I remember smiling at 1 point thinking wow at least it's only a fiver a game.

Anyway I win 1 back, and after snap rematching for half an hour, he snap declines the re-match. standardddddd.

Decided to replace the 30 odd quid I'd lost in my account, before I went on to PLO, always like to start cash with ?00.00 in my balance.

So I did that, then wanted to play a few more hypers, thought if I won a couple of £10s I'd be able to withdraw that £30 and start PLO break even for the day!

uh ohhhhhhh.

I lost the first couple. no big deal.

Decided to start 2 tabing them.

uh ohhhhhhhh.

Playing 2 at a time, I think I won like 4 out of 6, and was getting frustrated so I reg'd for 2x £21 games. 

u.o.

First game loads, but it doesn't load. Red error message, something about connection. My internet bar thing is showing as online though, and 'troubleshooter can't identify the problem'. 

oudfhuhrilhfuefhe f.o.

15 minutes later, I'm back, and oby £42 worse off. Now life tilting. But convnced myself It's alright, I'll just win the next 2.

Lost the next 2. 

And the next 2. 

And 3 of the next 4.

Beat Hoggers in 1.

Lost the next 2. 

A game came up where I couldn't see my cards, even when I reloaded it. I got a screenshot, and knew from experience I'd be refunded. but it still tilted me even more. 

Look at the balance, done 200 quid. 

(Used to crush these games, had a 6% ROI over thousands. Prob nearer to 4% now)

wtfffff just happened. 

Mehhhhh PLO 50 looks good, if I run good for 10 minutes I could be break even by 10pm, then move down to 20plo and play through the night like I had planned to all day!

First hand, take down a 3 way 3b pot on the turn without showdown. Sweet, £30 back straight away. 

Before the first orbit has ended, I've stacked some guy for a full buy in. Get in. £135 stack, £85 back within 5 minutes of sitting. 

This is easy, if I open the other plo50 table, I can win it back twice as fast!!!

uh ohhhhhhh.

3b pot again I flop top 2 on 982 with 6789ds, and pick up a flush draw on the turn which pairs the 2.

wow I've got everything, wiiiii another buy in. 

Ofc that would be ridiculous even in holdem to think my 2 pairs is gonna be good there in a 3bet pot, it just shows how little I was thinking! Just soooo stooooopid, I cannot beat ANYTHING. His overpairs r now the nuts.

So I drop £55 of the 80 I'd won, and I'm back to where I was 10 minutes ago, but twice as tilted, and playing twice as many tables as I was, against twice as many opponents that are at least twice as good, and a million times more experienced than me. 

uh ohhhhhhhhhh.

Get into multi way 3b pot with middle run down with gap at the top. 

Get a bad wrap in on the turn. 

Run in to top set.

Get stacked. Reload. 

Nevermind. it's PLO gonna happen innit. 

New focus. 

Get into a 3b pot again, with an unsuited rundown, 4567. 

Get it in on the 289 flop.

Run in to top set again.

Get stacked again.

Reload. 

See the orbit out just folding, some light finally clicks in my head, hit stand on both tables, enough is enough, plonk my head on the keyboard, and sighhhhhhhhhhh.

It's not even 10pm yet. 

gg poker. 

Click the sky vegas tab, I've got couple of hundred to give away, odds of me beating the house are better than beating any kind of poker game!!!!

Fortunately I'm still excluded. lol. 

I wasn't sure exactly how much I'd lost, with the reload and stuff, left it until now to work it out. I knew I'd have to to be able to update this diary. Spose that's one of the good things about recording profit/loss on here.

It was, £280 give or take a few pounds. not 100% how I lost it exactly, I did pretty much 2x PLO50 buy ins, which would leave the equivalent of 6 NLHE buy ins done on the hypers.

Neither of those games were really in the plan for the session, I don't feel too bad about my performance in either of the games. HU hypers I know a £200 swing is like ultra standard, I've had them before, I've had the same go in my favour many times too.

PLO50, again, not unusual to drop money there, the swings, but also the quality of player, I'm a huge fish in the games, I wouldn't be able to beat that game if I was 100% focussed and in control of my emotions and playing well. 

The annoying bit is my own mental performance. 

I used to do this quite alot, random blow ups, momentum crushers, out of nowhere, when there's no need. I don't normally tilt, and when I do, I can control it simply by stopping playing.

I can handle run bad, and being out played.

What gets to me the most is me being an idiot and giving free money away. With small edges in poker games, and varience, and the potential to run bad, giving dosh away like that is just criminal. 

Anyway, updated monthly totals....

So sighhhhhh.

Month totals
    NLHE +10 Buy ins
    PLO Break even!
    Points 2262

Anyway, it's Saturday, I've been off poker and beer for 2 and a half days, so hangover free. This sodding thread has been updated, feel abit better already. So lets dooooooo it today!

I'd snap your hand off if you offered me a £50 win now. Sounds like a waste of time and a waste of ale but if I still have some of that tilt in my system, it could be a - £50 with another zero on the end of it.

I'll prob know pretty quickly if I'm still playing bad, if that's the case I'll prob just play on *'s or something.

Gonna gamble too, will post a bet up soon.

Good luck all playing today, and apologies for the HUGGGEEEEEEE post!

• edited October 2012
    Soooooo, the diary is on page 5 of the forum, and I haven't posted for 4 days. That usually means, I've been mullered in my last poker session. And that is the case here :( 4 days to update when I lose, 12 hours when I win. standard.  Worst session I can remember.  Just got so tilted, and played horrific stuff.  I started about 7pm with a few HU hypers. Or it was supposed to be a few.  I dropped about 30 quid playing £5 games against this absolute donk. I lost about 8 in a row just running horrid. I remember smiling at 1 point thinking wow at least it's only a fiver a game. Anyway I win 1 back, and after snap rematching for half an hour, he snap declines the re-match. standardddddd. Decided to replace the 30 odd quid I'd lost in my account, before I went on to PLO, always like to start cash with ?00.00 in my balance. So I did that, then wanted to play a few more hypers, thought if I won a couple of £10s I'd be able to withdraw that £30 and start PLO break even for the day! uh ohhhhhhh. I lost the first couple. no big deal. Decided to start 2 tabing them. uh ohhhhhhhh. Playing 2 at a time, I think I won like 4 out of 6, and was getting frustrated so I reg'd for 2x £21 games.  u.o. First game loads, but it doesn't load. Red error message, something about connection. My internet bar thing is showing as online though, and 'troubleshooter can't identify the problem'.  oudfhuhrilhfuefhe f.o. 15 minutes later, I'm back, and oby £42 worse off. Now life tilting. But convnced myself It's alright, I'll just win the next 2. Lost the next 2.  And the next 2.  And 3 of the next 4. Beat Hoggers in 1. Lost the next 2.  A game came up where I couldn't see my cards, even when I reloaded it. I got a screenshot, and knew from experience I'd be refunded. but it still tilted me even more.  Look at the balance, done 200 quid.  (Used to crush these games, had a 6% ROI over thousands. Prob nearer to 4% now) wtfffff just happened.  Mehhhhh PLO 50 looks good, if I run good for 10 minutes I could be break even by 10pm, then move down to 20plo and play through the night like I had planned to all day! First hand, take down a 3 way 3b pot on the turn without showdown. Sweet, £30 back straight away.  Before the first orbit has ended, I've stacked some guy for a full buy in. Get in. £135 stack, £85 back within 5 minutes of sitting.  This is easy, if I open the other plo50 table, I can win it back twice as fast!!! uh ohhhhhhh. 3b pot again I flop top 2 on 982 with 6789ds, and pick up a flush draw on the turn which pairs the 2. wow I've got everything, wiiiii another buy in.  Ofc that would be ridiculous even in holdem to think my 2 pairs is gonna be good there in a 3bet pot, it just shows how little I was thinking! Just soooo stooooopid, I cannot beat ANYTHING. His overpairs r now the nuts. So I drop £55 of the 80 I'd won, and I'm back to where I was 10 minutes ago, but twice as tilted, and playing twice as many tables as I was, against twice as many opponents that are at least twice as good, and a million times more experienced than me.  uh ohhhhhhhhhh. Get into multi way 3b pot with middle run down with gap at the top.  Get a bad wrap in on the turn.  Run in to top set. Get stacked. Reload.  Nevermind. it's PLO gonna happen innit.  New focus.  Get into a 3b pot again, with an unsuited rundown, 4567.  Get it in on the 289 flop. Run in to top set again. Get stacked again. Reload.  See the orbit out just folding, some light finally clicks in my head, hit stand on both tables, enough is enough, plonk my head on the keyboard, and sighhhhhhhhhhh. It's not even 10pm yet.  gg poker.  Click the sky vegas tab, I've got couple of hundred to give away, odds of me beating the house are better than beating any kind of poker game!!!! Fortunately I'm still excluded. lol.  I wasn't sure exactly how much I'd lost, with the reload and stuff, left it until now to work it out. I knew I'd have to to be able to update this diary. Spose that's one of the good things about recording profit/loss on here. It was, £280 give or take a few pounds. not 100% how I lost it exactly, I did pretty much 2x PLO50 buy ins, which would leave the equivalent of 6 NLHE buy ins done on the hypers. Neither of those games were really in the plan for the session, I don't feel too bad about my performance in either of the games. HU hypers I know a £200 swing is like ultra standard, I've had them before, I've had the same go in my favour many times too. PLO50, again, not unusual to drop money there, the swings, but also the quality of player, I'm a huge fish in the games, I wouldn't be able to beat that game if I was 100% focussed and in control of my emotions and playing well.  The annoying bit is my own mental performance.  I used to do this quite alot, random blow ups, momentum crushers, out of nowhere, when there's no need. I don't normally tilt, and when I do, I can control it simply by stopping playing. I can handle run bad, and being out played. What gets to me the most is me being an idiot and giving free money away. With small edges in poker games, and varience, and the potential to run bad, giving dosh away like that is just criminal.  Anyway, updated monthly totals.... So sighhhhhh. Month totals NLHE +10 Buy ins PLO Break even! Points 2262 Anyway, it's Saturday, I've been off poker and beer for 2 and a half days, so hangover free. This sodding thread has been updated, feel abit better already. So lets dooooooo it today! I'd snap your hand off if you offered me a £50 win now. Sounds like a waste of time and a waste of ale but if I still have some of that tilt in my system, it could be a - £50 with another zero on the end of it. I'll prob know pretty quickly if I'm still playing bad, if that's the case I'll prob just play on *'s or something. Gonna gamble too, will post a bet up soon. Good luck all playing today, and apologies for the HUGGGEEEEEEE post! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF3OUFMuE5Y&feature=plcp
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

phew

• edited October 2012
    Sigh, sick post/session JJ.

Made me feel slightly better about how the last few days have gone for me. I must be turning into you cos I've been having a bad time of it too and aint posted in my diary for ages lol... will have to update tonight.
  • edited October 2012
    Minor binkage.

Got 2nd in the 5pm rebuy. Totally bossed the whole comp, was up to 12k within 2 levels (2k starting stack) and went in to Heads up with 120k v 60k.

Lost.....

Win feels like a loss, sighhhhh.

Also cashed a scary, £10 back from £2, and got thru the 6pm sat, £33 back from £7.50 or something.

Solid £117 up for the day, I said I'd take +£50 earlier, so maybe time to be sensible. Think that bink might tilt me more than it will give me confidence. so sigh @ not winning. I sukkkkk.

Maybe just more MTTs, cba with long ones tho, sigh @ no turbos. 

PLO10 is an option! (lol) 

will prob post again tomorrow if I break even/win from here.

Maybe next Thursday if I lose. 

GL meeeeeeeeee

Registered46 / 1000Players Left0 / 461alexmac194 - £1722DOHHHHHHH - £107.503LMAJOD - £64.504BOYDID - £47.305pm77 - £38.70

• edited October 2012
    Swings & swongs FTW! ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    n1 dohhhh.......start of a change in fortunes I hope
  • edited October 2012

Small binkage again, meh I'm desperate.

£2.20 buy in.

Who's that plonker in 2nd? ;)

Getting there, freerolling a few more comps. If I can get another £50ish score I'll be ret chuffed!

Registered
    14 / 500
    Players Left
    0 / 14
    DOHHHHHHH - £30
    IDONKCALLU - £18
    Blue05 - £12

• edited October 2012
    problem solved.........play more mtt's

why you never play the mains has always puzzled me...........why don't you play them?
  • edited October 2012
    problem solved.........play more mtt's why you never play the mains has always puzzled me...........why don't you play them?
    Posted by waller02
    Cos he's too lazy to play non stop from 8pm - 1am every night :p
  • edited October 2012
    shame....he would bink one for sure if he played em on a reg basis
  • edited October 2012

2nd again!

Underdog HU this time. but. still feel I shudda won. 

meh. 

PLO.................

darrenadd71040001£98
    DOHHHHHHH02£61.25
    VIKE03£36.75
    SeanTilts04£26.95
    mick195505£22.05
  • edited October 2012
    problem solved.........play more mtt's why you never play the mains has always puzzled me...........why don't you play them?
    Posted by waller02

+1 ??

• edited October 2012

Ugh looks like I was doing an IDCU impression yesterday posting results as they happened.

Very happy/relieved to get some scores in, much needed after Wednesday, for momentum more than anything.
    I didn't get it all back, but hopefully the rest will come tomorrow.

Just played MTTs all day. No cash or HU or anything.

I've given a brief overview in the posts above, one thing I did notice is 'the numbers were up' ;)

Big fields in the few scary/speed MTTs that sky offer. The structures could be improved, the add on in the games is like 4 big blinds. Im glad that the turbos (or lack of) are getting noticed on TommyDs thread, hopefully we will see some changes soon. The UKOPS turbo night on Friday looks good too!

Decided to lock up the £180 profit after the last speed ^^^^^. Could have played PLO cash buy that could have gone either way. meh, will deffo get back to that next week. (sub consciously avoiding it again I think. sigh)

Played 4 turbo mtts, - cashed in 3.
    1 normal mtt - cashed.
    2 times mtts - no cashes.
    2 sats - 1 cash.
    PLO freeroll - no cash :(

Month totals
    NLHE +16 Buy ins
    PLO Break even!
    Points 2287

lol, made like 30 points yesterday. lookout donttellmum ;)

GL all in UKOPS today & c'mon Chelski!!
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by waller02
    Hey Waller. (and Pad)

Lambert is right kinda, I don't really like big mtts with slow structures and big fields.

I'm not very confident playing them, my deepstacked MTT game isn't great, I get frustrated by them and very bored. Also £33 buy in is alot, even if I sat in like it's still me paying £33 of my own dosh to play, as I can take the money from the sat.

In the last UKOPS series, they ran lots of sats with overlay. I played one 1 day and won a £110 seat for £3. You couldn't take the money back then though, and when it came to the day of the tournament I just unregistered because I couldn't be bothered with a 6 hour tournament that I probably wouldn't have cashed in anyway.

I've done the same with the roller on a couple of occasions. I've either won seats in the old league freeroll, or gotten a freebie, and then just de-registered for the above reasons. And loads of mains.

2 hours is long enough for a tourny imo! lol

I like the Thurs night BH, it'd be nice to get some freebies into that 1 time!! ;)

Might play some of the mini UKOPS this week tho, 5r comps ftw! And will try play the Friday night main as it's a turbo. I say that now but if I sat in I'll prob just take the money haha.

Good luck if you're playing any of them!
  • edited October 2012
    Wouldn't even play me at some f***** Plo mo**** fu**ng sngs.

Lol jokes. Sorry to bother you last night.