You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Sounds like a crazy aggressive table.  I bet jh was the biggest bully.  He is the toughest player I've played at that level. Still wondering the results of your previous hands doohhhhh.  Well done on your winning session. You play PLO the right way, will get better with more experience and improved hand reading of PLO. 
    Posted by Poisen
    He was making the pots big yea! Think he was frustrated that there was no action above 10/20p.

Was critical of my play when I rivered the 2nd nuts, which was a straight, and checked back the river. But he agreed with me that if I bet there are no worse hands that he calls me with. 

So I can only imagine he was planning a check raise all in to take me off the hand. Which would have worked! Hence my check. 

The hands...I won hands 1 and 2 and lost 3 and 4.

The first one I was up against 2 flush draws, they held eachothers outs. 1 guy had a bad gutshot too.

second hand I called and got there to crack AA or KK, cnt remember which. They just had the overpair tho nothing else.

Hand 3, Greeky had the nuts!

Hand 4, I called and bricked out, the guy had top pair and a decent flush draw. I was in pretty bad shape there. 

Thnx for posting, still up for those HU SNGs soon!

• edited October 2012
    What a great night yesterday was. Great fun, great bluffs and so many regs at the Omaha tables. Loved it. I guess we have to do that again soon.
    Posted by GreekWay
    +1, it looked like everything was winding down about 11-30 then it all got going again! :)

Very soon! Tomorrow or Monday, its game on :)
  • edited October 2012
    I was a silent stalker on the tables last night and watching you lot going at it was very entertaining. I would have loved to join in but just aint rolled for it :( GL with the plo Doh and great diary btw.
    Posted by Darntootin
    ty DT! 

Out of interest, how many buy ins would you need to be comfortable sitting @ 10/20p?

Not something I've really thought about as I always play wayyyyy within my bankroll, but how many buy ins would some of the more serious PLO players need?

After playing only a few sessions, and seeing how easily money flies in, I'd imagine it's north of 100 buy ins!

What's happened to the PLO4 games btw, I would play these alot during the afternoon if I could. 
  • edited October 2012
    you sure this is isnt isildur vs trickett?;-) Looks good. if only I was good at PLO. spose I could watch some vids on dc and join the spew
    Posted by percival09
    Get yourself in the game son!

You crush everything you play so you'd prob make a fortune at this too. 

Sauce ftw tho! ;)
  • edited October 2012
    I can use my run amazing skills in omaha.
  • edited October 2012
    I'd love to join in the PLO fun. Don't want to spew off my roll that I'm building ATM. Maybe get a stars home game going?
  • edited October 2012
    I'd love to join in the PLO fun. Don't want to spew off my roll that I'm building ATM. Maybe get a stars home game going?
    Posted by splashies
    Was gonna suggest exactly that!!

If you lot are online tonight, get a couple of $2 PLO SnGs going tonight on stars and I'll join in. Got a habit of winning JJ's homegames :p

@Greg - About the hand you posted above... I know very little about PLO cash, but why/how did you 4bet pre and then not bet the flop. I dunno how it changes between NLHE and PLO but if I 4bet, I'm never checkin the flop unless I have some decent showdown value that I don't wanna get raised off but probably can't get value with.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm up for that. Gimme a shout on msn if you start one JJ.
  • edited October 2012

No poker for me tonight! Giant and Greg can both set games up tho...?

If not I'll def sort some tomorrow afternoon if enough people are on.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Get yourself in the game son! You crush everything you play so you'd prob make a fortune at this too.  Sauce ftw tho! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    wait. u referring to my sauce-free veg stir frys? :-(
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : wait. u referring to my sauce-free veg stir frys? :-(
    Posted by percival09
    Dohhhh is obsessed with what ppl eat

He gets mardy when i dont tell him what i had for dinner

#wierdo
  • edited October 2012
    Greghogg can't spell weird and won't tell DOHHHHHHH what he had for dinner.

#weirdo
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : He was making the pots big yea! Think he was frustrated that there was no action above 10/20p. Was critical of my play when I rivered the 2nd nuts, which was a straight, and checked back the river. But he agreed with me that if I bet there are no worse hands that he calls me with.  So I can only imagine he was planning a check raise all in to take me off the hand. Which would have worked! Hence my check.  The hands...I won hands 1 and 2 and lost 3 and 4. The first one I was up against 2 flush draws, they held eachothers outs. 1 guy had a bad gutshot too. second hand I called and got there to crack AA or KK, cnt remember which. They just had the overpair tho nothing else. Hand 3, Greeky had the nuts! Hand 4, I called and bricked out, the guy had top pair and a decent flush draw. I was in pretty bad shape there.  Thnx for posting, still up for those HU SNGs soon!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I agree with you not worth betting if no worse hands call!  Thanks for posting results.  Looking forward to seeing some more hands!

Im well up for some heads up sngs, I will return the favour and play nl holdem aswell so it is a fair fight!  Im pretty bad at holdem tho!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Dohhhh is obsessed with what ppl eat He gets mardy when i dont tell him what i had for dinner #wierdo
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    lololol.

He isn't asking much anymore. Think he's bored cos I always gave him the same answer. lol
  • edited October 2012
    Greghogg can't spell weird and won't tell DOHHHHHHH what he had for dinner. #weirdo
    Posted by annie_duke
    lol 

where did u go for like 4 years? 
  • edited October 2012
    Greghogg can't spell weird and won't tell DOHHHHHHH what he had for dinner. #weirdo
    Posted by annie_duke
    I got it out of him....

Was sausage and chips from the chippy.

Without any gravy, peas, beans, or curry sauce.

Sh !t keeps getting weirder! 

• edited October 2012
    This is my favourite thread on here. That is all.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : lol  where did u go for like 4 years? 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Been washing my hair :o)~
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I got it out of him.... Was sausage and chips from the chippy. Without any gravy, peas, beans, or curry sauce. Sh !t keeps getting weirder! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm not a big one for sides and sauces as Doh knows... but gotta get some curry sauce from a chippy
  • edited October 2012
    I reckon dohhhh knows what 84% of the sky poker player base likes to eat
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Been washing my hair :o)~
    Posted by annie_duke
    ye your hair was pretty skanky tbh... prob a good decision :)

+1 to giant, top fred
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I agree with you not worth betting if no worse hands call!  Thanks for posting results.  Looking forward to seeing some more hands! Im well up for some heads up sngs, I will return the favour and play nl holdem aswell so it is a fair fight!  Im pretty bad at holdem tho!
    Posted by Poisen

As it caused some debate, I thought it might be a good hand to post?

Looking back, the pot wasn't as big as I thought it was.

He's extremely aggressive as you know though, and he could well check/bomb the river and put me in a horrid spot.

Do you like a bet? and if so, are we bet/folding or bet/calling off? How big?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GREGHOGG Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £47.32
    IDONKCALLU Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £27.85
     Your hole cards
    • J

jh16 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £19.40
    SKAGS Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.60 £1.50 £28.66
    GreekWay Fold     
    GREGHOGG Fold     
    IDONKCALLU Fold     
    Flop

• Q

jh16 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.20 £2.70 £27.46
    jh16 Call  £1.20 £3.90 £18.20
    Turn

jh16 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £3.00 £6.90 £24.46
    jh16 Call  £3.00 £9.90 £15.20
    River

• J

jh16 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    jh16 Show
    • Q
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Win Straight to the Queen £9.40  £33.86
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : As it caused some debate, I thought it might be a good hand to post? Looking back, the pot wasn't as big as I thought it was. He's extremely aggressive as you know though, and he could well check/bomb the river and put me in a horrid spot. Do you like a bet? and if so, are we bet/folding or bet/calling off? How big? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance GREGHOGG Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £47.32 IDONKCALLU Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £27.85   Your hole cards 8 10 4 J       jh16 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £19.40 SKAGS Fold         DOHHHHHHH Call   £0.60 £1.50 £28.66 GreekWay Fold         GREGHOGG Fold         IDONKCALLU Fold         Flop     5 9 Q       jh16 Check         DOHHHHHHH Bet   £1.20 £2.70 £27.46 jh16 Call   £1.20 £3.90 £18.20 Turn     7       jh16 Check         DOHHHHHHH Bet   £3.00 £6.90 £24.46 jh16 Call   £3.00 £9.90 £15.20 River     J       jh16 Check         DOHHHHHHH Check         jh16 Show 5 Q 4 A       DOHHHHHHH Show 8 10 4 J       DOHHHHHHH Win Straight to the Queen £9.40   £33.86
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I think worse hands might call you in this spot as they may put you on a busted flush draw.  I think bet river and fold to a shove is probably the best play.  But the problem is jh is the only player at this level who will bluff raise river.  Still if you don't want to be predictable betting is the best option.  

• edited October 2012
    We should start an omaha thread in the forum instead of hijacking Dohhh's diary. It seems that the number of regs in Omaha tables is getting bigger and bigger. Come on boys. 

Numbers are up.
  • edited October 2012
    Noooo. this is what makes dohhhs diary sick. I'm sure he'll agree ;-) 
  • edited October 2012
    I'm learning Omaha, so following this with interest. Good thread too :-)

Cheers,
    Doug
  • edited October 2012

Cheerz Doug! Hopefully they'll bring back the micro PLO games to give you a chance! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4egPPT7o8

Worst intro of all time btw??? ^^^^ lol! 

@Greekway - Obv don't mind you posting here but you can start something else if you like.

Not sure I share your optimism about the tables getting better. I dunno what they were like before but I had a look at 11-30 last night and there was 1 player waiting at £1/2 HU, and 3 people playing 5p/10p. Nothing else!

Maybe just a slow night? But it was Saturday, so quite worrying. 

------------------------

Obv I've woken up this morning and I wanna play!! 

Thought I might end up having the full weekend off but it's so addictive. Not even about the money either, I'd be happy playing small stakes all day, it's chilled out and alot of fun learning a new game. This is what it used to be like when I first started NLHE, I wanted to play all the time. The more I learnt, the better I got, but the less I enjoyed it. 

Anyway, homegame. Gotta be careful what I say here I guess but theres a 'group' elsewhere where I can set up my own games, design structures and buy ins and start times etc.

Gonna play a few this afternoon, will be small buy ins. If anyone is interested in joining and having a game send me a PM. We play all sorts of stuff, but today is obvs gonna start with PLOOOOOOO :)

I'm sure mods will edit that if it's naughty, but they can leave this bit in "PM ME IF YOU WANNA PLAY IN MY HOMEGAME" ;)

About 25 regulars in it, obv not all online at same time but they're similar to the forum games people have on here. 

-----------------------------

I've not had a bet in ages.....

Fancy a Sunderland (2/1!!!!!!!) and Everton double today.

Returns just over 5/1. 

gl all playing today! 
  • edited October 2012

Yesterday was a fail.

Had a couple of beers, lost a fiver, then decided I couldn't be bothered. 

Footy bet was a disaster too :( 

Playing today though, £2.20 a disaster again, 2nd set v bottom set. v top set. :( 

Just finished a PLO turbo MTT, $4.40r, was just in for the buy in and add on, and got a cash, 20th/177 for about $30 or something.

Was 7/25 on the bubble, opened AKQ2 with a suit and had to call a reship from a guy who would have bubbled had he lost.

Expected him to be really strong, but AAKKds had to be the top of his range right ;)

Still in good shape though, lost a 'meh' hand bvb and then a pair and a wrap couldn't beat top pair when he runnered a house :(

Not a bad first effort.

Not sure whats gonna happen now, maybe some zoom PLO, holdem sats/sngs on here, then cash PLOOOOO later.

Still playing on a laptop as my PC is bug gered, so prob no DTD tonight.

gl all playing today!

• edited October 2012
    My PLO experiment is not going well so far, I've been on the wrong end every single time I've played for stacks. 

Get it in pre AKKJds vs AQJ8ds and lose. 2/1 fav, so pretty far ahead for PLO.

Get it in with KKxx on K high flop, villain has AA and turns an ace.

Hoggers turning the nut house when I flop the nut flush and kept barreling. (That one definitely was optimistic/bad play)

And then this gem:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    GREGHOGG Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.45
    SKAGS Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.66
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    Giant811 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £14.08
    kickerBG Call   £0.10 £0.35 £8.74
    dogcharlie Raise   £0.40 £0.75 £20.76
    pearson714 Fold        
    GREGHOGG Fold        
    SKAGS Fold        
    Giant811 Call   £0.30 £1.05 £13.78
    kickerBG Fold        
    Flop
    • K
    Giant811 Check        
    dogcharlie Check        
    Turn
    • K
    Giant811 Check        
    dogcharlie Check        
    River
    • A
    Giant811 Bet   £0.80 £1.85 £12.98
    dogcharlie Raise   £3.45 £5.30 £17.31
    Giant811 Raise   £10.60 £15.90 £2.38
    dogcharlie All-in   £17.31 £33.21 £0.00
    Giant811 All-in   £2.38 £35.59 £0.00
    dogcharlie Unmatched bet   £6.98 £28.61 £6.98
    Giant811 Show
    • A
    • A

dogcharlie Show
    • K
    • J
    • K

dogcharlie Win Four Kings £27.91   £34.89 
    I just couldn't fanthom that someone would slow play a set on a somewhat drawy board, and obv once the second K comes it's less likely he has 2. Ofc he has quads and I river 1 of 2 cards that will lose me money. Cheers Sky! I'm sure variance will even itself out. Just like it does in MTTs. Ha ha ha

In the long run is flatting his raise here with the second nuts better, or will they show up with AK or worse enough to make stacking off profitable?
  • edited October 2012
    I'll give my thoughts in the morning Andre. For what they are worth!

Until then, comedy note of the night.

JUST NOT FOLDING ANYTHING!!!
    **** **** l/c bvb 45o min donk 3 streets 742

3 speed sep12 peel bb lvl1 K4o, call down 3 streets for stacks on K high