You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited October 2012
    What are you generally playing Doh?

Are you still grinding HUSNGs or are you playing whatever is available?
  • edited October 2012

Hey! ^ 

Playing bits of everything, MTTs through the day and early evening then some cash 10pm onwards (sometimes). 

Playing alot of sats now that sky allow us to take the value of the seat, rather than the actual seat to the next tournament. Turbo MTTs mainly though, here and elsewhere.

Occasionally play a few heads up sngs between tournaments to kill time. Nowhere near what I used to play though.

Need to start playing the 8pm mains really, but I've been saying that for weeks. Prob never gonna happen :(
  • edited October 2012

Massive win for the Yorkies yesterday!!!! 

I don't know how we did it, we bowled waywardly, fielded poorly, and the batting was erratic!

David Miller is a hero tho, corky in the nose @ 85mph, goes off then comes back and smacks it all over to win us the game.

GIGANTIC match v Trinidad & Tobago today. 

For cricket noobs like Andre', it's the cricket equivalent of a $200k bubble (Huge money in cricket)

Win today we're gtd that payout (and a shot to win millions) Lose we get nothing.

Don't like talking about money like that when it comes to sport, but realistically this is our final. We have little/no chance of slaying the IPL giants in the competition proper, so today is the big 1!

Anything after is a bonus.

I really am considering having £20 on our opponents, just so that I win something either way. 

If I could buy a Yorkshire win for £20 right now, I would. 

Not more than £20 though, I'm too tight ;) :P

Poker/beer today too. But that's 2ndary. Yccc game starts at 3.30 so I'll prob start with the 2.20 afternoon league and just chill whilst watching the game. Hopefully be in a good mood to grind after to celebrate a Yorkshire win! :)

COYT! 

GL all grinding today.

----

edit* Just seen this on twitter.

What a legend.

• edited October 2012

Doh, u didn't put

CRICKET

@ the top of your post - prepare to be lynched!

Oh, & gl2day!
  • edited October 2012

ha, will do nxt time! 

idc, we won! What a performance, we must trade at like 5/1+ at some point in every game but always come back from the dead. 

Rubbish poker day.

£2.20 deepy - bricked.

£7.70 sat - bricked

£16.50 on rebuy - bricked

£5.50 speed - bricked

Lots of bricks = 

- 1 buy in.

Only 4 beers, so hardly surprising. Sober poker is too hard. Really cba to carry on & get drunk so cut the session short. 

$200,000 = £124,844/30 = +4163 buy in day for YCCC tho :) 

Back on friday, gl all playing t'neet. 

• edited October 2012

Morning pokerists. 

1 1/2 days away from the tables, and ready for a Friday session today.

I've not played what I'd call a 'proper' cash session for about 10 days now (4/5 sessions)

Hit me yesterday that I've been making excuses and sub consciously been avoiding the cash tables. 

The last time I played, I made a few buyins in a couple of hours but I remember feeling uninspired and bored and didn't enjoy it at all. I remember writing about it in here.

I just wasn't feeling it, I wasn't making any moves and was playing really risk averse.

I think I've lost some confidence. I don't know why.

I've always struggled with mental game. That's why I've been playing and beating the 30nl level for 2 years+ now without ever even trying to move up properly. 

It's getting worse, I'm actually considering moving down. Even though I've been doing really well.

Moving down to 20nl and actually playing is better than not playing at all. 

20nl is probably harder than 30nl this month too.

It's ridiculous, dunno what's up with me.

I'll probably just avoid cash altogether again today, play the usual afternoon mtts on a few sites, then the orfordable and a few speeds, then use the "im too tried to grind cash" excuse.

Just can't face cash unless I'm bladdered. Tournaments are just a safer option, I don't expect to win, and I know what I'm going to lose. 

Pretty pathetic for an experienced over-rolled player to avoid playing a level he knows he can beat due to fear of losing.

It is what it is though, so bring on the £2.20 deepstack! loooool.

fml.

--------------------

Forgot to update monthly totals after last session, in which I lost 1 buy in. ommmmmmm.

I've also purchased 10% of sum1s SPT action this weekend, which means I'm on a £52 downswing!

Wont include that on the totals tho, it prob counts as gambling. 

Month totals
    +17 Buy ins
    656 Poker points

More of these flops today plz!!!!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    freddie2 Small blind  50.00 50.00 2830.00
    SPIKEULIKE Big blind  100.00 150.00 1865.00
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

cobweb Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  250.00 400.00 6415.00
    ercsa3 Fold     
    freddie2 Fold     
    SPIKEULIKE Call  150.00 550.00 1715.00
    Flop

• Q
    • Q
    • Q

SPIKEULIKE Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Turn

• A

SPIKEULIKE Bet  300.00 850.00 1415.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  300.00 1150.00 6115.00
    River

SPIKEULIKE Bet  400.00 1550.00 1015.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  2350.00 3900.00 3765.00
    SPIKEULIKE All-in  1015.00 4915.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  935.00 3980.00 4700.00
    SPIKEULIKE Show

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Win Four Queens 3980.00  8680.00

Good luck everyone playing today and at the SPT tomorrow. 

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    ., then the orfordable and a few speeds, then use the "im too tried to grind cash" excuse. Just can't face cash unless I'm bladdered. Tournaments are just a safer option, I don't expect to win, and I know what I'm going to lose.  Pretty pathetic for an experienced over-rolled player to avoid playing a level he knows he can beat due to fear of losing. It is what it is though, so bring on the £2.20 deepstack! loooool. fml. --------------------.

Don't forget to enter the Orfy league.  
    Can't help with the fear but I suppose everyone can become "stale" once in a while.  I'm the same with the running, every once in a while I "can't be bothered" and have to force myself to go out.  I've got a friend who swears by "biorythyms" and it does explain why we have peaks and troughs.  Too complicated to go into here, but have a google and try it out.  There's def something in it. 
  • edited October 2012
    You big tart! 

When was the last time you played HU hypers? Maybe load some of those if you don't fancy cash. It has been ages since I used to grind them.
  • edited October 2012
    You big tart!  When was the last time you played HU hypers? Maybe load some of those if you don't fancy cash. It has been ages since I used to grind them.
    Posted by splashies
    This!

Its been ages, play a few in breaks n stuff or waiting for a tourny to start. Losing still tho.....

What went wrong with those?????

Decided to play PLO!!!!

I'm getting spanked. written off 100 quid to have a go tho, see if I can turn it round now.

Black Lace, Metallica, then Agadoo just came on 'Emmas Playlist' so well pumped now.

lgooooooooooooooooooooooo 
  • edited October 2012
     Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Morning pokerists.  1 1/2 days away from the tables, and ready for a Friday session today. I've not played what I'd call a 'proper' cash session for about 10 days now (4/5 sessions) Hit me yesterday that I've been making excuses and sub consciously been avoiding the cash tables.  The last time I played, I made a few buyins in a couple of hours but I remember feeling uninspired and bored and didn't enjoy it at all. I remember writing about it in here. I just wasn't feeling it, I wasn't making any moves and was playing really risk averse. I think I've lost some confidence. I don't know why. I've always struggled with mental game. That's why I've been playing and beating the 30nl level for 2 years+ now without ever even trying to move up properly.  It's getting worse, I'm actually considering moving down. Even though I've been doing really well. Moving down to 20nl and actually playing is better than not playing at all.  20nl is probably harder than 30nl this month too. It's ridiculous, dunno what's up with me. I'll probably just avoid cash altogether again today, play the usual afternoon mtts on a few sites, then the orfordable and a few speeds, then use the "im too tried to grind cash" excuse. Just can't face cash unless I'm bladdered. Tournaments are just a safer option, I don't expect to win, and I know what I'm going to lose.  Pretty pathetic for an experienced over-rolled player to avoid playing a level he knows he can beat due to fear of losing. It is what it is though, so bring on the £2.20 deepstack! loooool. fml. -------------------- Forgot to update monthly totals after last session, in which I lost 1 buy in. ommmmmmm. I've also purchased 10% of sum1s SPT action this weekend, which means I'm on a £52 downswing! Wont include that on the totals tho, it prob counts as gambling.  Month totals +17 Buy ins 656 Poker points More of these flops today plz!!!! Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance freddie2 Small blind   50.00 50.00 2830.00 SPIKEULIKE Big blind   100.00 150.00 1865.00   Your hole cards Q A       cobweb Fold         DOHHHHHHH Raise   250.00 400.00 6415.00 ercsa3 Fold         freddie2 Fold         SPIKEULIKE Call   150.00 550.00 1715.00 Flop     Q Q Q       SPIKEULIKE Check         DOHHHHHHH Check         Turn     A       SPIKEULIKE Bet   300.00 850.00 1415.00 DOHHHHHHH Call   300.00 1150.00 6115.00 River     5       SPIKEULIKE Bet   400.00 1550.00 1015.00 DOHHHHHHH Raise   2350.00 3900.00 3765.00 SPIKEULIKE All-in   1015.00 4915.00 0.00 DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet   935.00 3980.00 4700.00 SPIKEULIKE Show 8 8       DOHHHHHHH Show Q A       DOHHHHHHH Win Four Queens 3980.00   8680.00 Good luck everyone playing today and at the SPT tomorrow. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know I have only had 3 sessions...but I have found this to be the case so far
  • edited October 2012

I get ripped for my rubbish notes/cr@p reads alot

Playing a sat just now, i had notes on 2 players. 

Absolutely useless.

Thought I'd post them for comedy value.

Player 1

20xbb deep, 25/50, donkfest, stacked off bvb A3o
    SH1 T !!!!!!!!! STATIONNNNNNN
    4.5x from sb, folded to shove, 50/100
    dfndd bb A6 o, s/o when totally misd
    100/200

Player 2

Dfest, 15/30, m/r utg AA
    what a f***ckin moron late stages, defending bb 8xbb, then c/f flop
    ROFLLLL 800/1.6k m/r call J8s btn v bb 15x jam
    50nl spewdonk lol MOR ONNNNNNN

^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the reason I sigh when  a table opens and I see yellow boxes^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• edited October 2012
    lmao your notes contain similar stuff to me too.

for example, one player at 10nl: regfish MORAN LIMP ALL IN AKs UTG, donk lead 1bb/3bet set dry board, ****ing *u**. 
  • edited October 2012

This the replacement for the velocities u took down 3 months ago sky???

weljkfqviewjrfli;qwhrfcvuh again.

Seriously. 

£100 Guaranteed Crazy! Blinds increase every single minute! Late Reg until the end of level 3.

• edited October 2012
     Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I know I have only had 3 sessions...but I have found this to be the case so far
    Posted by waller02
    yeah if being on a 30NL table with

waller02
    viney73
    flashflush
    dohhhhhhh
    wudibluff

is your idea of an easy table. luckily there was the occasional fish that joined us to make it worthwhile.

• edited October 2012
    ouch

DOHHHHHHHH having his flush cracked by a FH on AJ_Rockets' first hand at the table ain't going to help his confidence at all
  • edited October 2012

That was terrible.

I hate poker!

Actually put my head on my keyboard, how can everyone own me so much?

Dropped 4 buy ins (expected it to be alot more, waller and AJ had 3 each!)

just sigh and swear words and random keyboard wjelfnhjefnhvjewvevhqiwygfc bashing etc.

Worst session since re-starting the diary. 

-4 buy ins fo't'day. Gunna eat n sleep, poker can FO till Monday lol.

gl all playing t'neet.
  • edited October 2012
    That was terrible. I hate poker! Actually put my head on my keyboard, how can everyone own me so much? Dropped 4 buy ins (expected it to be alot more, waller and AJ had 3 each!) just sigh and swear words and random keyboard wjelfnhjefnhvjewvevhqiwygfc bashing etc. Worst session since re-starting the diary.  -4 buy ins fo't'day. Gunna eat n sleep, poker can FO till Monday lol. gl all playing t'neet.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    m8, i only ended 26 quid up afer 4 tabling for 3 hrs.......how is my cash game?? I have so many leaks and I'm  nit, but do you think i can beat 30nl if I stick at it??

I thought you played well....and just ran bad, if thats any consolation
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : yeah if being on a 30NL table with waller02 viney73 flashflush dohhhhhhh wudibluff is your idea of an easy table. luckily there was the occasional fish that joined us to make it worthwhile.
    Posted by GELDY
    yes that was a tough table........although you still managed to be 2BI up when I left ;)
  • edited October 2012
    That was terrible. I hate poker! Actually put my head on my keyboard, how can everyone own me so much? Dropped 4 buy ins (expected it to be alot more, waller and AJ had 3 each!) just sigh and swear words and random keyboard wjelfnhjefnhvjewvevhqiwygfc bashing etc. Worst session since re-starting the diary.  -4 buy ins fo't'day. Gunna eat n sleep, poker can FO till Monday lol. gl all playing t'neet.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sigh, TINTIN passed it on to me, now I've passed it on to you.

Hope it aint a mental thing
  • edited October 2012
    Variance is a killer. but it's also a hero.

I'VE JUST WON THE £12 SUPER SAT. 

I registered for the £530 beforehand so I've decided to cancel reg, buy into the £220 ukops main event....... WHEN WILL THE HEATER END?

yh sorry for derailing.... youll understand tho..................... I know u will. Unless you kill yourself like Isildur. 

3rd EDIT: Yeah I can see how this looks like horrendous timing. I talk to dohh quite a bit elsewhere so I was kinda just talking like we were on there. I know he'll be ok w/ it but I know how it looks ..... so apologies
  • edited October 2012
    Variance is a killer. but it's also a hero. I'VE JUST WON THE £12 SUPER SAT.  I registered for the £530 beforehand so I've decided to cancel reg, buy into the £220 ukops main event w/ that money and save the £300 odd for me.... 
    Posted by percival09

wp but totally insensitive - wrong thread, wrong time for that post - you think that'll make JJ feel good at the moment?

• edited October 2012
    LOL. I'm sure JJ will understand.

;-)

• edited October 2012
    Wp Percy that's some result! I'd have kept the lot but gl in the 220.

Ul JJ chins up :p
  • edited October 2012

I'm having problems with the forum this morning! Keeps randomly crashing when I refresh pages, so I can't reply to everyone properly, so brief summary.

@ Waller - Go back to MTTs plz! You and Mr.Rockets destroyed me last night. Have some work to do before we meet again, it's not fun getting owned in every single pot :(

@ Geldy - Think that's the first time I've seen you at my tables! Another new player kicking my @ss! Good times :) lol

@ Lambo - Diary Downswings r contagious! 

@ Perc -  Mods. Brag. Plz Ban. R.I.P Isildurrrrrr1, you heard it here 1st. 

@ Geldy again - I was long gone offline when perc insensitively posted that brag so dw ;) lol. He's generously offered me 5% of his UKOPS main action for free to make up for his awful brag timing. U can have 1% of my 5% for making him feel guilty. High 5 ;)

@ Perc again - I understand! Congrats on the bink. +1 to splashies, take it all! At what point did you deposit the £550 reqd to pre-reg the high roller? 

@ all - lost 4 buyins, not my roll! Have some more left. al be backkkk ;)

GL all playing today, my horses on ch.4, and my horse/warthogg in the SPT!

Month totals
    +13 Buy ins
    886 Poker points

Ohhhh dear :(
  • edited October 2012
    I'm having problems with the forum this morning! Keeps randomly crashing when I refresh pages, so I can't reply to everyone properly, so brief summary. @ Waller - Go back to MTTs plz! You and Mr.Rockets destroyed me last night. Have some work to do before we meet again, it's not fun getting owned in every single pot :( @ Geldy - Think that's the first time I've seen you at my tables! Another new player kicking my @ss! Good times :) lol @ Lambo - Diary Downswings r contagious!  @ Perc -  Mods. Brag. Plz Ban. R.I.P Isildurrrrrr1, you heard it here 1st.  @ Geldy again - I was long gone offline when perc insensitively posted that brag so dw ;) lol. He's generously offered me 5% of his UKOPS main action for free to make up for his awful brag timing. U can have 1% of my 5% for making him feel guilty. High 5 ;) @ Perc again - I understand! Congrats on the bink. +1 to splashies, take it all! At what point did you deposit the £550 reqd to pre-reg the high roller?  @ all - lost 4 buyins, not my roll! Have some more left. al be backkkk ;) GL all playing today, my horses on ch.4, and my horse/warthogg in the SPT! Month totals +13 Buy ins 886 Poker points Ohhhh dear :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

lololol.

ty. I wasn't gonna do it, but I got top 3 and was thinking I'd rather play the main rather than the high roller tbh. Plus I get more $$$$ that way, and the field will be much softer, so just wacked it in my account. 

I think the reason youre losing is because you only ever play every other day max which is a losing strat. AJ said he was gonna do an allnighter last night.. wonder how that went. 

• edited October 2012

Today feels like a month defining poker day!

Attack attack attack!!!!

I've withdrawn all money off all sites (inc here, but I'll deposit again) to stop myself getting distracted.

Just gonna grind all sorts on here, mtts, sngs, PLO cash, holdem cash, and see where it takes me!

The sensible thing to do would be to just grind out a few buy ins. It might turn out like that but got a feeling I'm going to either win or lose big today.

No real good sport on (apart from this amazing Djok v Murray game right now) so no distractions there either.

Lost momentum, confidence, money, and it's a Sunday so everything stacked against me.

1 time? :)

My recent rubbish form has had nothing to do with run bad btw. I'm actually running pretty good!

Would be a bl00dy awful time to start running bad today, I could have a full on mental breakdown if I do.

Good luck all playing today, and Moobs in day2 of SPT!

*edit. kinda glad Djok won that 2nd set, didn't want this game to end!!!!
  • edited October 2012
    @ Geldy - Think that's the first time I've seen you at my tables! Another new player kicking my @ss! Good times :) lol

@ Geldy again - I was long gone offline when perc insensitively posted that brag so dw ;) lol. He's generously offered me 5% of his UKOPS main action for free to make up for his awful brag timing. U can have 1% of my 5% for making him feel guilty. High 5
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    1. I guess I was lucky with my cards when you were at the table. The only reason I sat there for so long was because you get a certain adrenaline rush swimming with the sharks, and I wanted to watch you in action having read so much from you in the various fora (forums?). Oh and actuually winning at the time helped.

2. 1% of percs UKOPS main action - you are so kind. A true gentleman and a scholar no doubt, not like that Percival (ony joking, but maybe next time read the thread before posting on it!)

PS glgl with your manic Sunday - tends to be my worse day for nuclear meltdown as well - I find out tonight when I get to play.
  • edited October 2012

Happy with that, played much better.

Went abit wrong towards the end when the bad players started turning up (work that 1 out) but happy with my play overall.

Too blurry to continue, lock up the 'sesh' n eat > drink. 

+3 bins for the day, so -1 overall for the weekend. 

Month totals
    +16 Buy ins
    133 Poker points
  • edited October 2012
    Rarely have I seen someone who is up double digit buy-in halfway through the month while playing part time moan so much. 

;)
  • edited October 2012

Morn'n!

Took Monday off as planned, but decided to fade yesterdays session too, couldn't be @rsed to start 'on it' at the usual 1-2pm time, planned a later start instead, then saw the site was down at midnight so there was really no point.

Hangover free and ready to go today :)

-----------------------------------------------

I've had enough of holdem cash.

2 sessions and 2 diary posts ago I said I wasn't feeling it.

I went on to load up a session, play like a headless chicken, and lose 4 buy ins. It was always going to happen, I didn't want to be there in those games.

However, this gave me the motivation to come back on Sunday, and win most of that back. 

Now I've got it back, I feel like I did before the spew session 2 sessions ago! (u still with me? ;)

If I force myself to play again today, the same thing will probably happen, I'll play badly, and most likely lose. I might run good and win, but it will be more due to luck than judgement. 

I feel like I need a new challenge, so I could either move up and play higher stakes NLHE cash (lol).

Or try something totally different! :) 

Sooooooooooooooooo......................

I've decided to have another shot at learning to play PLO cash

----------------------------------

I've dabbled a few times. A while back I tried playing plo10 and plo20 on here and 888. I tried to take my laggy NLHE style into the PLO games, and had abit of success. 

The problem was I had no faith in what I was doing. Varience in PLO is HUGE, so I could have been playing awful poker whilst getting good results.

Simply winning isn't enough when you're trying to learn, I have to try and avoid being results orientated. But that was all I could be, as it was the only way I had of analysing my performance. 

In an attempt to actually learn and understand the game this time I've signed up to a training site, and will be watching loads of beginner and intermediate PLO videos while I play, especially the ones focussing on the transition from NLHE to PLO. 

I'll prob record PLO results in here seperate to NLHE, and I guess a 'buy in' at PLO will be £10, as this is the lowest level sky offers and will be a good starting point. 

Will end up playing some PLO20 as well, no doubt, and maybe some HU sngs!

Still gonna be playing NLHE mtts/sats to try and re-coup some PLO losses ;)

Sooooo here we go, looking forward to playing today and seeing how It goes! 

Month totals
    NLHE +16 Buy ins
    PLO n/a
    Points 1368

GL all playing today!